12/10 | Army | 2:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Re: 12/10 | Army | 2:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago Carey has played a great game.
Completely agree. Only 1 TO, 12 pts, 4-6 FG, 4-4 FT.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

A win is a win, and we badly needed a win. Oh and Bilau is the greatest shooter in URI history.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

I'll take it. Any win. idc how "bad" the opponent is!
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Whew
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago A win is a win, and we badly needed a win. Oh and Bilau is the greatest shooter in URI history.
Take the backseat Jimmy Baron!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Great second half for Bassy. Carey with a solid game. I’ll take any win with this team.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago Todays the day. Upward momentum starts now.

Bray drops 25
Weston with 10+ points
Double digits rebounds from a big

Good vibes in the air
Good vibes persist, despite me going 0-3 in specific projections lol
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Good win. We closed it out strong at the very end after a few nervous moments. 👍🏼

Good minutes and boost from Jalen.

Still too many turnover’s (15) but we won. Hopefully, they build off this game for next game.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Is this a one-off or will we play there next year
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago Carey has played a great game.
Completely agree. Only 1 TO, 12 pts, 4-6 FG, 4-4 FT.
Plus 6 rebounds, 5 assists
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Just as I suspected we severaly missed Carey

Finally have another guy who can put da bawl in da baskit
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I didn’t catch any of this because I was watching France/England but glad to see Carey back - looks like he made a difference from seeing the box score.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I’m bias because I’ve loved the kid since he came here and I’m sure nobody will agree with me, but Carey is our 3rd best player behind Freeman and Leggett.

I’ve been in the Carey club since Day 1.

He brings something that nobody else on this team can.

Also credit where credit is due, Thomas showed up today.
Go Rhody
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Loved more than anything a well rounded offensive effort.

Also wouldn’t have minded seeing more of Weston, he had two good plays for 5 points in his first few minutes of action. Picked up 2 quick fouls and that was the end of his day.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago I didn’t catch any of this because I was watching France/England but glad to see Carey back - looks like he made a difference from seeing the box score.
That missed penalty was brutal. I'm hoping for a France Argentina final.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Some stats from the game…

42 rebounds as a team. We won the rebounding battle 42-25. Ish and Martin came up big with 22 of our 42.

We shot 27.5% from 3. That is our approx season avg to date.

We shot 49.2% from the field. Jalen was an efficient 4-6 in his first game back.

We shot 86.7% from the line, 13-15.

20 assists on 29 made baskets. 👍🏼

15 turnovers. 👎🏻

D related…Army shot 42.9% from the field, 26.7% from 3, we turned them over 9 times, they had 63 shots to our 59.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago Loved more than anything a well rounded offensive effort.

Also wouldn’t have minded seeing more of Weston, he had two good plays for 5 points in his first few minutes of action. Picked up 2 quick fouls and that was the end of his day.
Agreed. Very confused on why he didn’t see more minutes. He hit a 3. Hit two free throws. Had a nice hockey assist and then didn’t see the floor again.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

This game showed how much we need a healthy Jalen. I hope Bassy gains some confidence.
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ok nice to finally get a much needed win !!

Great to see Carey back that only helps us

Let’s get our NET out of the dreaded 300s !!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

It is of no use dissecting this game.
NCAAs or Bust!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago It is of no use dissecting this game.
It is of no use dissecting your posts.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Some stats from the game…
We shot 49.2% from the field. Jalen was an efficient 4-6 in his first game back.

I love these stats - especially the assists to baskets. Let's build on that.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Some stats from the game…

I love these stats - especially the assists to baskets. Let's build on that.
Agree those are all impressive stats
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Not a bad crowd considering our record. First win I saw this year in person. Glad for that.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Not a bad crowd considering our record. First win I saw this year in person. Glad for that.
Ticket was included in the 5 game mini package, the other 3 are on Saturdays too so should get a good turnout then as well.
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Slow and steady growth took step forward today, manly as simple as a win. Jalen, if remains healthy will be huge help gong forward. Not exactly a news flash. Go Rhody!
Ram logo via Grist 1938
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Martin now giving Thomas a run for his money for the worse 3 point shooting %. For us to have a chance against the better teams on our schedule Martin has to shoot better. He gets wide open 3s and needs to hit them. Carey could start getting some of his minutes.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago Martin now giving Thomas a run for his money for the worse 3 point shooting %. For us to have a chance against the better teams on our schedule Martin has to shoot better. He gets wide open 3s and needs to hit them. Carey could start getting some of his minutes.
If Martin misses his first two threes he should just not shoot another one

Seems like he has to hit his first or second to ever get in a rhythm
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago Loved more than anything a well rounded offensive effort.

Agreed. Very confused on why he didn’t see more minutes. He hit a 3. Hit two free throws. Had a nice hockey assist and then didn’t see the floor again.
You'd probably have to sit Carey or Martin to give Weston more time, and both were playing well.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Ish with the double double
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Not pissed off tonight like driving home Wednesday. Got a win then dinner and a couple of nice cold IPAs at the mews with ex northern RI neighbors. All and all a much more pleasant ride back to north Smithfield. Good for Thomas. Better game shot better. Wasn't too keen having him in at the end instead of freeman because of his poor ft shooting. Fortunately army didn't get the memo. Almost looked like freeman was sulking on bench at end of game again. Something to watch.Bilau shot the ball well. Archie said on post game he's nursing an ankle so something to keep an eye on. Definitely their best offensive threat as a big. Carey big shot in the arm and ish was ish. Efficient and maximum effort on both ends of the court. On to Tuesday.
Last edited by ram1980 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago

You'd probably have to sit Carey or Martin to give Weston more time, and both were playing well.
Weston scored 5 points in 4 minutes on the floor.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago Almost looked like freeman was sulking on bench at end of game again. Something to watch.
I think it's fair to say Bray is an emotional player and will have ups and downs in terms of confidence.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago Almost looked like freeman was sulking on bench at end of game again. Something to watch.
I think it's fair to say Bray is an emotional player and will have ups and downs in terms of confidence.
Don’t think he was thrilled not being in the closing lineup. Can’t say I blame him. He’s better than Thomas
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I said this earlier after the Brown game

I would like to ask a question....
Brayon Freeman is a very good player but something about him when he is on the court just rubs me the wrong way. Is it me
The fouls the reactions to the coach. Just something not right
Maybe over analyzing.....I don't know
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

This was my first game at the RC this year. I have a great view of Archie as I watch the action. I agree with the poster who said he has a short leash with multiple players. He frequently subbed Tchikou for Bilau and vice versa when mistakes were made. He immediately subbed for Samb after he made a mistake and I saw him talking to him as they headed off the court at halftime.
As for Weston, he missed a three and instead of getting back on defense, he tried to grab the ball from the rebounder and fouled him. It was a lazy play and I could tell right away Archie wasn’t happy. He immediately went for a sub: I think it was Carey. I don’t know if this put him in the doghouse for the game. It seemed a little harsh, but like many here have said, Archie is trying to establish a culture.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

JimSidd wrote: 1 year ago

This was my first game at the RC this year. I have a great view of Archie as I watch the action. I agree with the poster who said he has a short leash with multiple players. He frequently subbed Tchikou for Bilau and vice versa when mistakes were made. He immediately subbed for Samb after he made a mistake and I saw him talking to him as they headed off the court at halftime.
As for Weston, he missed a three and instead of getting back on defense, he tried to grab the ball from the rebounder and fouled him. It was a lazy play and I could tell right away Archie wasn’t happy. He immediately went for a sub: I think it was Carey. I don’t know if this put him in the doghouse for the game. It seemed a little harsh, but like many here have said, Archie is trying to establish a culture.
It was Carey that Miller put in for Weston. Westin had only been in for a couple minutes. As you said he hit the 3P but then missed one, then the fouls. Weston keeps his composure well, you don’t see much, if any, change in expression - much different from Carey and Freeman. But I could tell it hurt Weston. Very quick pulling him out. Can’t blame him.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Carey got a lot of Weston minutes.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Brayon has a legitimate beef to be pulled for Bassy. Absolutely no way that gives us a better backcourt.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago Brayon has a legitimate beef to be pulled for Bassy. Absolutely no way that gives us a better backcourt.
So why do you think Archie Miller made that move that you disagree with?
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
Don’t think he was thrilled not being in the closing lineup. Can’t say I blame him. He’s better than Thomas
Some clips of Bassy’s second half.

Bray is definitely better than Thomas but Thomas had a great second half. My guess is Archie stuck with the hot hand.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Bray is definitely better than Thomas but Thomas had a great second half. My guess is Archie stuck with the hot hand.
Yeah Bray had too many dumb turnovers at the end there. Thomas was making better decisions with the ball.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Archie is the coach so he gets to ride a hot hand if he sees one. I’m a fan so I get to watch.

But in the spirit of this board I’ll still give my input.

Seen enough of Bassy to know who he is at this point. Even with those two 3 pointers he’s a 17% 3pt shooter on the year. More reversion to the mean than anything else in my opinion.

The bigger concern for me is him closing a game while being an abysmal free throw shooter. 41% in his career, as a guard. Yikes
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Not a bad crowd considering our record. First win I saw this year in person. Glad for that.
Yes 5238 decent number for sure
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow I had no idea BW only played 4 minutes he definitely needs more minutes than that
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago Not pissed off tonight like driving home Wednesday. Got a win then dinner and a couple of nice cold IPAs at the mews with ex northern RI neighbors. All and all a much more pleasant ride back to north Smithfield. Good for Thomas. Better game shot better. Wasn't too keen having him in at the end instead of freeman because of his poor ft shooting. Fortunately army didn't get the memo. Almost looked like freeman was sulking on bench at end of game again. Something to watch.Bilau shot the ball well. Archie said on post game he's nursing an ankle so something to keep an eye on. Definitely their best offensive threat as a big. Carey big shot in the arm and ish was ish. Efficient and maximum effort on both ends of the court. On to Tuesday.
I was also a bit surprised Arch closer with Bassy over Bray just cuz of the foul shooting but I’m sure he had his reasons
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Very surprised to see Bassy closing out the game. More surprised to see Army not foul him at the end. Maybe Archie wanted to test him out. If he missed his first foul shots, here comes the hook. Also, I have never seen three inbounds violations by one team in a game in my life.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago Martin now giving Thomas a run for his money for the worse 3 point shooting %. For us to have a chance against the better teams on our schedule Martin has to shoot better. He gets wide open 3s and needs to hit them. Carey could start getting some of his minutes.
He needs to stop shooting them. This is who he was last year too. It's not a slump, it's not a bad start, it's the player he is
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago Having a rare opportunity to view home game on TV today as Mrs. Hrstrat57 decided to complete her Christmas shopping.

Curious, though how many different ways this crew is going to pronounce Leggett’s name?
I cant stand it

Basically a couple high schoolers doing the games and none of them have any freaking talent

Pretty sure the vast majority of this board could do better

Like complete a single sentence without stammering my god
I hate to pile on, because they are young and learning, but its also kind of driving me crazy that they keep calling us a second half team. I guess maybe we've played a little better in the second half of a few games, but how can you be a second half team when the game ends after the second half and you've lost 7 of your 9 games.
In the first 9 games URI was -41 in the first half and +5 in the second half. A 46 point swing through 9 games, I'd say it's fair to call them a second half team
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rhodysurf wrote: 1 year ago Yikes start to half lol
Based on Archie's demeanor in the first half and how they came out of the locker room for the second half, I think they got their asses chewed the hell out at halftime. I wasn't really surprised by the slow start to the second half, they walked out of the tunnel like they were heading to a funeral