Rhody Vault

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Rhody Vault

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Agree with the need for NIL money. Without it there wont be any NCAA tourney appearances any time soon. URI doesn't have it, it has to come from our donors. Also marketing and promotions play a big part. That has never been a strong point here.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago So you produced and sold merchandise for specific players and gave them proceeds. Sounds like a business relationship to me - saying you only sold $75 worth doesn't change that. It only means you're bad at marketing and sales.
He posted it on his account multiple times.

Did you buy one?

The kid promoted Rhody more than any other social media account by far, including the schools.

The hate is unreal.
I'm on record as saying his interviews are great content. I can also compartmentalize his videos from his attempts to pretend to be an "insider."

I also did not buy any of his merchandise but my post was to simply say that just because he only made $75 doesn't mean that he didn't have a business relationship with those he sold shirts for. I thought you could see that but I guess I wasn't clear enough?
RhodyVault
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RhodyVault »

No not clear enough because there is not business relationship. And my claim to an insider? Never claim to be an insider but have literally broke multiple stories well before any other media outlet. And that’s what’s great about the hate from several Rhody fans. Check it all. One miss, yes I missed on Tre and should have said it’s “in dialogue”. That’s the only Miss and even that there was a lot there which led to a conversations with staff about recruiting in silence lol. I know a lot more than you think and have a lot more conversations with people directly affiliated than you think. That’s what makes me laugh about all of this. But whatever makes you happy, you go with that. I got a whole army behind me of current and former players 100 percent with me but keep doing what makes you happy. I’ve done a heck of a lot for the program as a side gig and talk weekly to some of the most important people who cover college basketball. So sorry it was so difficult for you to see why I was against a early season benching because I saw people trying to compare one of our most promising players to The Mitchell twins and acting like he had been here for months with a bad attitude. And I will still go to my grave saying that it was not a good move to beach someone that early and make a whole narrative around a player that early. But again I’m not here to convince you. Think what you would like, all good. Cheers
RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago So you produced and sold merchandise for specific players and gave them proceeds. Sounds like a business relationship to me - saying you only sold $75 worth doesn't change that. It only means you're bad at marketing and sales.
He posted it on his account multiple times.

Did you buy one?

The kid promoted Rhody more than any other social media account by far, including the schools.

The hate is unreal.
I'm on record as saying his interviews are great content. I can also compartmentalize his videos from his attempts to pretend to be an "insider."

I also did not buy any of his merchandise but my post was to simply say that just because he only made $75 doesn't mean that he didn't have a business relationship with those he sold shirts for. I thought you could see that but I guess I wasn't clear enough?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

And to think, I, and another guy got banned here ....and this kind of convo continues...
Strategy seems to be-
-- Folks have a hair about xyz, ban them
-- Folks have a hair about some stupid twitcher...create a new thread

Beautiful.....let's get this to 5 pages for RV. I don't even know the guy, but might start cheering for him anyway
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago No not clear enough because there is not business relationship. And my claim to an insider? Never claim to be an insider but have literally broke multiple stories well before any other media outlet. And that’s what’s great about the hate from several Rhody fans. Check it all. One miss, yes I missed on Tre and should have said it’s “in dialogue”. That’s the only Miss and even that there was a lot there which led to a conversations with staff about recruiting in silence lol. I know a lot more than you think and have a lot more conversations with people directly affiliated than you think. That’s what makes me laugh about all of this. But whatever makes you happy, you go with that. I got a whole army behind me of current and former players 100 percent with me but keep doing what makes you happy. I’ve done a heck of a lot for the program as a side gig and talk weekly to some of the most important people who cover college basketball. So sorry it was so difficult for you to see why I was against a early season benching because I saw people trying to compare one of our most promising players to The Mitchell twins and acting like he had been here for months with a bad attitude. And I will still go to my grave saying that it was not a good move to beach someone that early and make a whole narrative around a player that early. But again I’m not here to convince you. Think what you would like, all good. Cheers
tell us how you're an insider without telling us you're an insider
:lol:
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

As the kids say weird flex
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago No not clear enough because there is not business relationship. And my claim to an insider? Never claim to be an insider but have literally broke multiple stories well before any other media outlet. And that’s what’s great about the hate from several Rhody fans. Check it all. One miss, yes I missed on Tre and should have said it’s “in dialogue”. That’s the only Miss and even that there was a lot there which led to a conversations with staff about recruiting in silence lol. I know a lot more than you think and have a lot more conversations with people directly affiliated than you think. That’s what makes me laugh about all of this. But whatever makes you happy, you go with that. I got a whole army behind me of current and former players 100 percent with me but keep doing what makes you happy. I’ve done a heck of a lot for the program as a side gig and talk weekly to some of the most important people who cover college basketball. So sorry it was so difficult for you to see why I was against a early season benching because I saw people trying to compare one of our most promising players to The Mitchell twins and acting like he had been here for months with a bad attitude. And I will still go to my grave saying that it was not a good move to beach someone that early and make a whole narrative around a player that early. But again I’m not here to convince you. Think what you would like, all good. Cheers
tell us how you're an insider without telling us you're an insider

And if he is or says he’s an insider, who the hell cares?

There’s people on this board who have tried breaking stories and have been 100% wrong, also people here thought we’d be a bubble team this year.
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago And to think, I, and another guy got banned here ....and this kind of convo continues...
Strategy seems to be-
-- Folks have a hair about xyz, ban them
-- Folks have a hair about some stupid twitcher...create a new thread

Beautiful.....let's get this to 5 pages for RV. I don't even know the guy, but might start cheering for him anyway
NYG, f’ it. I’m with you. Let’s go for 5.

Feed the beast!

Rough season and KB is restless. Ooph.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I got put in a singing timeout LOL

try to top that !
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago I got put in a singing timeout LOL

try to top that !
You typed out some song lyrics. Did I miss some audio files? I've not heard you sing even once. ;)
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Interesting timing considering the Freeman incident today

DA91CDA3-86F2-43B2-A007-3000B16F293D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

You know Vault loves to bash Arch

With Arch coaching that group definitely top 4 most likely top 2
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Interesting timing considering the Freeman incident today

I must have missed it - what Freeman incident?
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

What about Tre Mitchell?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Interesting timing considering the Freeman incident today

I must have missed it - what Freeman incident?
Twitter crap after last game, sounded like he got his feelings hurt. Go back to game thread.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Looks like vault is swiping ol hrstrat57 material…

:)

Hint: see ST Joe’s game thread
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

How will the NIL stuff work with Vault and Freeman, now that Freeman is not playing?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Don't know how Rhody Vaults sales of Jerseys will work
He is not happy with this turn of events

A47362CF-AD92-4C0C-B75E-A54E078C37D1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Don't know how Rhody Vaults sales of Jerseys will work

Nothing in that post show's he is not happy.

Of course, he probably isn't (like the rest of us), but that tweet is only stating facts.

No idea why you highlighted the last sentence. Freeman and Harris were indeed two of the biggest gets, and both are currently not on the team.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Don't know how Rhody Vaults sales of Jerseys will work

Of course, he probably isn't (like the rest of us), but that tweet is only stating facts.

No idea why you highlighted the last sentence. Freeman and Harris were indeed two of the biggest gets, and both are currently not on the team.
You argued with me that Ant wasn’t a big loss, but now you’re saying he was one of our biggest gets? A big get isn’t a loss?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

You argued with me that Ant wasn’t a big loss, but now you’re saying he was one of our biggest gets? A big get isn’t a loss?
I didn’t think he was, just stating what the majority of people thought and what the tweet was.

Highly rated out of HS, blue blood, and part of a national championship team.

I couldn’t care less about all that because he didn’t produce in college and was hurt.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Rhody Vault is not happy because he did not at all like Archie Miller sitting out and limiting Freeman's playing time at the beginning of the season. Said it was a mistake. Vault helps sell Jerseys for Freeman. So now Jersey sales fall off. Vault was a huge fan of Freeman's from the start. So now dismissed from URI then Vault can't be happy. Get it?

In addition Vault now comes back saying he knew way back that Anthony Harris wasn't coming here. But now he is saying Freeman and Harris are huge losses. So how can Harris now, this week, be a huge loss when you knew all along Harris wasn't coming? Can't be a huge loss if you knew you never had Harris in the 1st place.

The reason to combine Freeman and Harris now is obvious. Try to make Archie Miller look bad. No surprise at all.

4B66F73C-6547-4AA4-9EFD-2BECB60B068B.jpeg
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Vault will probably keep taking little pot shots @ Arch until he gets the chance to interview him
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 year ago Vault will probably keep taking little pot shots @ Arch until he gets the chance to interview him
Yeah, that sounds like a good approach, should work 👍
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Step 1: Take pot shots at Archie
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Interview Archie and profit
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Arch probably feels bad for him and grants him an off-season interview is my best guess
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bryant finished 8-8 in the America East after losing to Maine last night on a buzzer beater rebound off a missed 3P.
Picked up Earle Timberlake and Antwan Walker among others

RV says that's an impressive season for them. RV going pretty lite on Grasso and team imho.

Seems like a big disappointment as Bryant was picked 2nd preseason with 2 1st place votes.

Bryant now goes to play at New Hampshire in AE Tournament.

5D147FCF-3575-4B2E-ACFF-4920A4EE9942.png

Preseason Poll:

2022-23 America East Men’s Basketball Preseason Poll
No. School Points (1st Place Votes)
1. Vermont 63 (7)
2. Bryant 58 (2)
3. UMass Lowell 47
4. Binghamton 42
5. UMBC 40
6. UAlbany 25
7. New Hampshire 23
8. NJIT 14
9. Maine 12
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 year ago Arch probably feels bad for him and grants him an off-season interview is my best guess
I'm going to go with still (nodding head for additional psych factor) "yeah, no."
Are we sure he even wants to interview him? I mean, he doesn't write like someone that seems interested in that....
If he does, he clearly has not received ancient Chinese military general advice on how to get it done.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Bryant finished 8-8 in the America East after losing to Maine last night on a buzzer beater rebound off a missed 3P.

RV says that's an impressive season for them. RV going pretty lite on Grasso and team imho.

Seems like a big disappointment as Bryant was picked 2nd preseason with 2 1st place votes.

Preseason Poll:

1. Vermont 63 (7)
2. Bryant 58 (2)
3. UMass Lowell 47
4. Binghamton 42
5. UMBC 40
6. UAlbany 25
7. New Hampshire 23
8. NJIT 14
9. Maine 12
A pretty pathetic tweet after the crap he’s given Archie win or lose.

This is a colossal disappointment of a season for them.

They imported higher level talent to a team that has these winning expectations. A .500 record in a soft conference is somehow a winning tradition?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Bryant finished 8-8 in the America East after losing to Maine last night on a buzzer beater rebound off a missed 3P.

Preseason Poll:

1. Vermont 63 (7)
2. Bryant 58 (2)
3. UMass Lowell 47
4. Binghamton 42
5. UMBC 40
6. UAlbany 25
7. New Hampshire 23
8. NJIT 14
9. Maine 12

They imported higher level talent to a team that has these winning expectations. A .500 record in a soft conference is somehow a winning tradition?
Right? They just lost to Maine. They are straight up bad
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Preseason Poll:

1. Vermont 63 (7)
2. Bryant 58 (2)
3. UMass Lowell 47
4. Binghamton 42
5. UMBC 40
6. UAlbany 25
7. New Hampshire 23
8. NJIT 14
9. Maine 12

You bring back Charles Pride, have plenty of P5/A-10 level talent and you finish third in the America East? Yikes.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

Preseason Poll:

1. Vermont 63 (7)
2. Bryant 58 (2)
3. UMass Lowell 47
4. Binghamton 42
5. UMBC 40
6. UAlbany 25
7. New Hampshire 23
8. NJIT 14
9. Maine 12

You bring back Charles Pride, have plenty of P5/A-10 level talent and you finish third in the America East? Yikes.
No. Bryant finished 6th place, not 3rd. They got the 6-seed in the America East Tournament. Bryant finished 8-8 in a 3 way tie for 4th. Tiebreakers made Bryant 6th place.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

No. Bryant finished 6th place, not 3rd. They got the 6-seed in the America East Tournament. Bryant finished 8-8 in a 3 way tie for 4th. Tiebreakers made Bryant 6th place.
Don't know why I said third when I watched them lose to Maine and go 8-8.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah epic failure by Grasso , looks like nobody will come calling for him
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

reef wrote: 1 year ago Yeah epic failure by Grasso , looks like nobody will come calling for him
But hey they dropped like 150 on an NAIA team!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I give Bryant credit for trying to improve their athletic programs by moving up at every opportunity. Do P6 conference teams call the A10 a soft conference? You bet. Much to my chagrin, URI is an A10 lifer with no higher ambition.
NCAAs or Bust!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I give Bryant credit for trying to improve their athletic programs by moving up at every opportunity. Do P6 conference teams call the A10 a soft conference? You bet. Much to my chagrin, URI is an A10 lifer with no higher ambition.
You're the Rhody Vault of this message board. And a pile of garbage.

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Yeah epic failure by Grasso , looks like nobody will come calling for him
Somewhere, sometime MAAC program will get him back home,
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good as I would like to pull for Bryant but not with Jared as their coach
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

boo hoo bryant losers boo hoo

hope all the transfers are happy to be on a loser team with a loser coach

boo hoo
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Bryant is the worst team in the state. And that’s saying something this year lol
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Preseason Poll:

1. Vermont 63 (7)
2. Bryant 58 (2)
3. UMass Lowell 47
4. Binghamton 42
5. UMBC 40
6. UAlbany 25
7. New Hampshire 23
8. NJIT 14
9. Maine 12

If you go to the video of the last shot: Kristians Feierbergs' (6'8" Sophomore from Latvia) putback as time expired lifted the University of Maine to a 66-64 victory over the Bryant University men's basketball team on Tuesday night in Orono. Feierbergs gets the rebound from a missed 3P attempt over the top of #3 Sharif Gross-Bullock 6'5". You see #0 6'6" Earle Timberlake and #1 6'8" Antwan Walker flat footed watching Feierbergs grab the rebound over the shorter Gross-Bullock. Had to be a better way to box out on that 3P attempt. Sometimes players get caught watching the action. No excuse for that putback to happen. Should have gone to OT.

https://www.bangordailynews.com/2023/02 ... er-beater/
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not a good day when PC loses at home, Bryant loses at Maine to drop to 6th seed playing @ UNH on Saturday in AE Tourney and of all things URI wins on the road!!

Disaster for RV.

Note comments on how Archie Miller needs to recruit for next year convincing then they are joining a contending team and not a rebuilding team and RV downplaying of Loyola of Chicago as a team.
Like Archie Miller needs guidance on how to proceed with recruiting logic.

Actually the URI-Loyola games was very well played with minimal turnovers and lots of dunks.
665384BA-6436-41BB-A33E-9CCBEE1A3D8D.png
43201B83-E839-4EC0-BF1A-AF8F45AE415F.png
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Honestly we probably could’ve beaten Bryant this year let’s be real
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Definitely. And Bryant was treated with kid gloves by the media preseason with all their great incoming transfers.
No America East Coach of the Year for Grasso.
Glad Grasso didn't end up at URI
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Definitely. And Bryant was treated with kid gloves by the media preseason with all their great incoming transfers.
No America East Coach of the Year for Grasso.
Glad Grasso didn't end up at URI
Grasso was never in consideration for the URI job.

Give to Rhody's NIL
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

So confused how RV gives Grasso/Bryant a pass on an extremely disappointing season. What a joke with that roster. He was outcoached in almost every single game. The American East has some good head coaches for a low major. This isn't the NEC. His arrogance and lack of any real plan other than out talent everyone backfired. Maybe he learns from this but I have a strong feeling he will continue with what he does. So happy to see fellow Long Islander, Jim Ferry dust him twice this season. Bryant does have the talent to wipe through the conference tournament but do they have the Coach? That should be RV's question!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

LIRAM wrote: 1 year ago So confused how RV gives Grasso/Bryant a pass on an extremely disappointing season. What a joke with that roster. He was outcoached in almost every single game. The American East has some good head coaches for a low major. This isn't the NEC. His arrogance and lack of any real plan other than out talent everyone backfired. Maybe he learns from this but I have a strong feeling he will continue with what he does. So happy to see fellow Long Islander, Jim Ferry dust him twice this season. Bryant does have the talent to wipe through the conference tournament but do they have the Coach? That should be RV's question!
Just can't emphasize enough how great of a coaching job John Becker has done at Vermont.
After losing 4 starters and most of their scoring, they still dominated the league this season (14-2)
This is now his 7th consecutive regular season title AEC.
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
LIRAM wrote: 1 year ago So confused how RV gives Grasso/Bryant a pass on an extremely disappointing season. What a joke with that roster. He was outcoached in almost every single game. The American East has some good head coaches for a low major. This isn't the NEC. His arrogance and lack of any real plan other than out talent everyone backfired. Maybe he learns from this but I have a strong feeling he will continue with what he does. So happy to see fellow Long Islander, Jim Ferry dust him twice this season. Bryant does have the talent to wipe through the conference tournament but do they have the Coach? That should be RV's question!
Just can't emphasize enough how great of a coaching job John Becker has done at Vermont.
After losing 4 starters and most of their scoring, they still dominated the league this season (14-2)
This is now his 7th consecutive regular season title AEC.
Coach Becker is impressive. You are not going to out coach him! Herrion at UNH is a good basketball mind. Jim Ferrry has so much experience and just a great guy. Pat Duquette at UMass Lowell is real good. Chris Markwood and Levell Sanders look to be great hires at Maine and Binghamton. Levell Sanders is going to be great in my opinion. He has all the making of being a star. This is not the NEC in terms of Coaching.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

LIRAM wrote: 1 year ago So happy to see fellow Long Islander, Jim Ferry dust him twice this season.
Isn't he about 90 years old?
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.