Game 10 Football AT New Hampshire 1PM Saturday Nov 12 2022 - Flosports

All things Rhody Rams football.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Game 10 Football AT New Hampshire 1PM Saturday Nov 12 2022 - Flosports

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago If this was the NFL 1,000,000% that is NOT a catch. Receiver must maintain possession through the process of going to the ground. Not sure if college rules are different.

Also I’d imagine the cameras (both number of cameras and angles) for a CAA FloSports games is nothing like an NFL game so I’m not sure the broadcast crew or even coaching staff have an angle to see the ball come loose. Seems like that screen shot being passed around on social was taken from an individuals personal camera.

I don’t think “but the UNH broadcasters didn’t say anything about it” is really a defense for whether it’s a catch or not.
Fact is nobody is saying anything about it not being a catch. Only on Twitter. Nobody at the game on the sidelines expressed anything to indicate they did not think it was a catch. Not like only the UNH people didn’t react, neither did URI people.

I still do not see the ball hit the ground. I’ve watched it 30 times. The two videos ATP posted from Twitter do not show the ball hitting the ground.

On 2nd down Jordan Jones made a great defensive play to break up a touchdown, although in replay it looks like it was pass interference but let’s not go there - a call us a call.

On 4th and 9 URI called a timeout to rest the defense and plan. Then All American Jordan Jones simply got beat by a freshman WR. He got beat period. Likely end of playoff hopes for URI.
I don't see the point of saying people on the URI sideline didn't react. They were 63+ yards away from the play, they clearly wouldn't have a proper view of this play with how close it was
Twisting words to make it only about the sidelines. Nobody reacted negatively to the TD - not even Jordan Jones or any other defensive back or safety.

I'll know more once I talk to some people who were at the game and people part of the program this Saturday.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

"Nobody at the game on the sidelines expressed anything to indicate they did not think it was a catch. Not like only the UNH people didn’t react, neither did URI people."

Those are your words. Direct quote. Where's the twisting?
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago "Nobody at the game on the sidelines expressed anything to indicate they did not think it was a catch. Not like only the UNH people didn’t react, neither did URI people."

Those are your words. Direct quote. Where's the twisting?
Because I said a lot more about who did not react than just that statement.

Nobody reacted.

I still do not see the ball hit the ground even in slow motion. Our defense was terrible on that 4th and 9 play. It's not the Ref's fault we lost that game.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I really don't want to beat this to death, but here's another view where you can see the ball bounce of the turf and back into the receiver's lap. There's another video I saw (which of course I can't find now) where a Rhody DB (not the one in coverage) is waiving incomplete to the official and pleading, so at least someone on the URI side saw it in real time.

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Are all end zone scoring plays supposed to be reviewed in college fb like they are in the nfl? If so why wasn't this one?
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

You are not going to go on the road to Durham or Providence for that matter and win on a ref's call.
The Rams were playing with 10 guys out there Sat.. Some of the players were not ready for the big stage and bright lights.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Both things can be true…that it was a massive mistake to let a WR get behind you in that situation and that it was a total hosejob on a call the refs should have gotten right.

Ramster look at the regular clip and watch Yiannakopolis immediately yell at the refs. I don’t know what he’s saying but to say no one reacted. There isn’t anyone that could see what actually happened unless they had the right angle. Looks like Henry saw it.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

arrgh. All these days later, my biggest gripe is that they did not play to win. They played not to lose. Just like the prevent defense at the end of the first half.

With 3.5 mins left in the game, they had control of their own destiny, they were ahead and they could have stopped UNH from getting the ball back.

Playing not to lose is unforgiveable when you are the more talented team. And URI was the more talented team. We were bigger, faster, stronger. When our guys hit their guys, they blew them up, in most cases. This is no longer a situation like when Stowers took over from Floyd, where they had to build a weight program from the ground up. We have a very strong team at most position on the field now. UNH needed this game, the pollsters were very skeptical about the quality of their wins, despite them being on top of the conference for the first 2/3rds of the season.

Even the UNH announcers admitted that they were praying for a URI mistake, else UNH wasn't going to be able to catch them. That was right at the beginning of the drive where Hill fumbled the ball for our one turnover, and their announcers were ecstatic, their prayers were answered.

UNTIL... URI held them to a FG, 3 points off the turnover, and then it was Ruh Roh for them.

Playing not to lose, that play calling at the 3.5 min mark, has no place on a team that fancies itself playoff material. I hope whoever called those plays is taken to task for that and hangs their head in shame. He cost this team a playoff berth.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago I really don't want to beat this to death, but here's another view where you can see the ball bounce of the turf and back into the receiver's lap. There's another video I saw (which of course I can't find now) where a Rhody DB (not the one in coverage) is waiving incomplete to the official and pleading, so at least someone on the URI side saw it in real time.

Wow yeah that's absolutely not a catch
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ATPTourFan wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago I’ll add that I watched the 2nd video 20 times and I do not see the ball hitting the ground as Tommy Butters say (whoever Tommy Butters is)
This is key to the argument. You don’t see how the ball floats around loose as the player hits the ground?

There’s a reason why the NFL reviews all scoring plays — players, coaches, and officials on the ground can miss calls that can be confirmed using HD video cameras all over the field.

Absolutely criminal that CAA didn’t review this one to confirm this game would flip in the final moments.

Here, I will make it easy for you.

I'm sitting here feeling extremely perplexed at how ramster and Brian Forster think that this is a catch....I mean... are they living in the same reality we are?

What a horrendous blown call. Inexcusable.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Ramster look at the regular clip and watch Yiannakopolis immediately yell at the refs. I don’t know what he’s saying but to say no one reacted. There isn’t anyone that could see what actually happened unless they had the right angle. Looks like Henry saw it.
Thanks BAR, I knew I saw it somewhere. This is the URI football version of the Zapruder film.
FmrRamFB1
Michael Andersen

Unread post by FmrRamFB1 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago arrgh. All these days later, my biggest gripe is that they did not play to win. They played not to lose. Just like the prevent defense at the end of the first half.

With 3.5 mins left in the game, they had control of their own destiny, they were ahead and they could have stopped UNH from getting the ball back.

Playing not to lose is unforgiveable when you are the more talented team. And URI was the more talented team. We were bigger, faster, stronger. When our guys hit their guys, they blew them up, in most cases. This is no longer a situation like when Stowers took over from Floyd, where they had to build a weight program from the ground up. We have a very strong team at most position on the field now. UNH needed this game, the pollsters were very skeptical about the quality of their wins, despite them being on top of the conference for the first 2/3rds of the season.

Even the UNH announcers admitted that they were praying for a URI mistake, else UNH wasn't going to be able to catch them. That was right at the beginning of the drive where Hill fumbled the ball for our one turnover, and their announcers were ecstatic, their prayers were answered.

UNTIL... URI held them to a FG, 3 points off the turnover, and then it was Ruh Roh for them.

Playing not to lose, that play calling at the 3.5 min mark, has no place on a team that fancies itself playoff material. I hope whoever called those plays is taken to task for that and hangs their head in shame. He cost this team a playoff berth.
Agreed, the game should have never come down to the final play...it's coaching not to lose. I was at the game the the physical disparity was obvious.

Defensively our scheme was terrible the last series. We didn't play coverage, instead we repeatedly blitzed our middle linebacker who couldn't get to the QB. He should've been replaced by another DB.
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Heard the CAA said the play should have been reviewed. I have a bigger problem with the way a handful of guys played (all season).
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Just like I said before. If the selection committee considers this we might have a chance.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Damn this horrendous mistake by the refs and CAA Football.

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

When they do an on field review, what kind of device is used. Last year it looked like the sideline judge brought a tablet out for the refs to review the play. This year at the Rhody games at least, it looks like they are reviewing it on their cell phones. I wonder if it is the same way at UNH.
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

damram wrote: 1 year ago When they do an on field review, what kind of device is used. Last year it looked like the sideline judge brought a tablet out for the refs to review the play. This year at the Rhody games at least, it looks like they are reviewing it on their cell phones. I wonder if it is the same way at UNH.
Did they even review the call? I don't remember them reviewing it, but I could be mistaken.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I don't recall it even coming up until well after the game was over. and then it was like "hey, did anyone see this??"