New Ram logo?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Re: New Ram logo?

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago I just did a quick internet search of "ram logos" and I hate our new one even more. And its already slapped on shirts and cups and stickers, I guess there's no turning back now. F*ck,
Yes what I was saying! Looks like every Ram logo ever except our unique one!

The old one is perfect for its uniqueness and because the "Rams" aspect of our name is the least important. We as fans never say "dang the Rams need a new coach etc" Rams is not a prominent aspect of our identity. That's why the abstract Ram was so right for us.
Wtf r u talking about?
The new tough looking Ram just doesn't fit us.

We are more so Rhody than we are the Rams.

Like there's no deep meaning to the fact that we're called the Rams. We just use it because it starts with an R so we made it our nickname.

It's just not a prominent aspect of our identity

That's why we haven't even used a Ram logo for a decade. We are more connected to being called Rhode Island or Rhody.

So as a secondary logo the old Ram just works better as a less tough guy looking Ram. Idk.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KINGSTON, R.I. - Rhode Island Athletics revealed its updated secondary logo Saturday, introducing a new look to the brand. It is a culmination of an eight-month process to bring the new Rams Head logo to life, along with the creation of a new font and comprehensive brand guide.
"In many ways, the last several years we have operated with the monograph RI as our single brand identifier. We wanted to pump some life and attitude into our brand through a revitalized Rams Head," Associate Athletics Director of Marketing Matt Moeller said.
The logo was designed by Summit Athletic Media, a full-service creative agency specializing in sports marketing and design, in collaboration with the Athletics Department, URI Licensing Department, and Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC).
"Overall, the new Rams Head logo is more modernized, with a straight-on aggressive stare and intimidating eyes," Moeller said. "It not only enhances our brand by introducing a new brand identifier, but it also creates consistency within our brand by complimenting the split RI's characteristics."
The new Rams Head secondary logo is being released exclusively now through the University of Rhode Island Bookstore and RamsZone. Additional merchandise with the new Rams Head logo will be introduced later this spring and summer to all approved retailers, as the previous version of the Rams Head logo is phased out.
As part of the project, Rhode Island's primary logo, the split RI monogram, was updated to offer a true divided look featuring Keaney blue and navy, along with a thicker white stroke.
Research feedback had uncovered inconsistencies in how the primary athletic logos were utilized in merchandising, in the media and within our own team apparel. In many instances, royal blue was utilized instead of navy, and the split was featured in various ways. The new logos, font, and brand guide will help ensure consistency and recognition of the brand moving forward.

https://gorhody.com/news/2022/2/5/baseb ... -logo.aspx
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Nothing says pump life into and revitalize something like an 8 month campaign of over thinking, over corporatizing, and selling out a logo to a business that has nothing to do with our university.

For the kajillionth time. URI has a phenomenal communications school that produces marketing majors by the hundreds. Want to do something for the school?

GO TO THEM. CREATE A COURSE. THEY WILL DO IT FOR FREE.

In fact, they will pay you to do it. They’ll get great real world experience they can use on their resume. They would at least be associated with URI and have some sort of buy in and care if the logo looked lame as shit.

So we are on a shoestring budget. We can’t pay our assistant coaches more than $425k a year - what did we pay Summit?

Change our logo to a drain since it feels like we’re perpetually circling it at all times.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Its not the fault of the logo, but almost every head-on logo of a ram reminds me of something that would be hanging on the wall of my ob-gyn. I just can’t unsee it.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ace wrote: 2 years ago Its not the fault of the logo, but almost every head-on logo of a ram reminds me of something that would be hanging on the wall of my ob-gyn. I just can’t unsee it.
Someone on a Facebook paged noted it also looks a lot like a blue/grey/white/black version of the Fordham logo - now I can't unsee either....

And we are playing like Fordham has been historically, since joining the conference, so if the shoe fits....
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

I actually don't mind it.
:lol:
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago I actually don't mind it.
Yea, it really isn't that bad at all. Just wish they put "Rhode Island" somewhere.

We're losing, people are mad about that, and always want to complain about something on this board anyways, so this is another perfect excuse to do just that.
Go Rhody
BlackDogRants
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BlackDogRants »

My thoughts - First... this logo looks like a clip art ram head taken from a google image search. It reminds me of the preloaded logos EA Sports gives you when you are creating a video game team.

Second... (Just for a laugh) This "unveiling" during a historically bad season is like a woman saying she's pregnant to try and keep a toxic relationship together.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I don't mind the new Ram. But the colors? The t-shirt I happen to be wearing right now says "I BLEED KEANEY BLUE" -- not silver, gray, white, black or anything else. Then there's those godawful Vistaprint uniforms ...
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I love this thread. Like this colonoscopy of a season it's sad, hilarious, hurtful and ultimately good for you.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

8 months to come up with that? LMAO!!!!!!!!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

am i missing something ?

this changed ?

i don't see it

FOOLS

As part of the project, Rhode Island's primary logo, the split RI monogram, was updated to offer a true divided look featuring Keaney blue and navy, along with a thicker white stroke.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

and who the EFF approved of changing our colors to pee cee colors ?

again...

FOOLS !
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Less is more. This is more is less.
GO RAMS
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Its COOLER and WARMER...all at the same time.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

why is the new rhody gear not utilizing the new RHODY BOLD font ?

once again.. FOOLS
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago am i missing something ?

this changed ?

i don't see it

FOOLS

can someone explain to me how this is updated ?

looks the same .. no ?

maybe they needed 9 months instead of 8 ?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….don’t care if we play in ragged white at shirts, with holes and blue sharpie hand written numerals……..just wanna win some games…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago why is the new rhody gear not utilizing the new RHODY BOLD font ?

once again.. FOOLS
It appears that the vast majority is using that font. It's also important to note that this is an athletics font and doesn't necessarily carry over to all parts of the University, so don't expect to see everything in Rhody Bold
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Matt Keebler
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Matt Keebler »

14755C29-F736-42D4-B1E8-C7AAEB29DC2C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Yeesh. I would say "Slow news day?" but I still subscribe to the Projo, so I know it's actually "Slow newspaper".
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Puck Frovidence wrote: 2 years ago
Yeesh. I would say "Slow news day?" but I still subscribe to the Projo, so I know it's actually "Slow newspaper".
No byline, and it reads like a re-working of whatever press release got sent to them.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

does anyone know if we get new uniforms or a different company producing next years ?

we need a fresh start with our new coach and new logo

i wouldn't mind a similar (albeit small changes) to our court also next year but keep the "RI"
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Still not used to this new alternate logo. Doesn't feel URI to me. I agree on court upgrades.
GO RAMS
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I wouldn’t mind seeing a new mascot costume.
Slava Ukraini!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago does anyone know if we get new uniforms or a different company producing next years ?

i wouldn't mind a similar (albeit small changes) to our court also next year but keep the "RI"
Honestly I love UMass' court with the highlighted shape of the state - would love to see Rhody do the same, but keep the interlocking bi color RI.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago does anyone know if we get new uniforms or a different company producing next years ?

Honestly I love UMass' court with the highlighted shape of the state - would love to see Rhody do the same, but keep the interlocking bi color RI.
Agreed. A large outline of the state with the interlocking RI inside of that
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I don't know the particulars with the adidas contract, but Archie has experience with both adidas (Indiana) and Nike (Dayton).
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago I wouldn’t mind seeing a new mascot costume.
NO!!! Now that Rhody is a movie (commercial) star...needs to stay in that costume.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I hope we can go to Nike
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Regarding Nike…do we have to wait until the Addidas contract is up? If yes, when is it up. In the meantime, I think Addidas has done a good job overall.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

The Adidas contract has been in place for at least 10 years? I don't know when the extension was signed, but would be interested to see when it's over. I'd be all for Nike too. I'm glad we don't have Pepsi anymore. Barf!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Remember with Adidas we are in their Elite class of schools so we get better products and designs.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Remember with Adidas we are in their Elite class of schools so we get better products and designs.
Like the Ocean State unis?
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

We said yes to that dress, for some reason.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago I hope we can go to Nike
Nike is just better
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It’s amazing some of the bad uniforms we have worn over the years , the road blues we wore in the 98 season I didn’t care for , my favorite ones are the dark navy ones
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I’d take a lower class Nike uniform over adidas Cracker Jack uniforms any day of the week

We are going to be elite soon enough anyways
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

There’s nicer adidas uniforms around.
GO RAMS
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Didn't know where to put this but it seems noteworthy.

ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Does anyone know when we can opt out of Adidas cut bait uniforms ?
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago Does anyone know when we can opt out of Adidas cut bait uniforms ?
Need new era gear for sure.
GO RAMS