Who’ Available- Who do we want (To replace DC)?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Re: Who’ Available- Who do we want (To replace DC)?

Unread post by Blue Man »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago Why is this even a thread? He’s still the coach. He will be here next year, and the same fickle, fair weather individuals will be singing his praises if he somehow turns things around with both twins available, and possibly Shepard (without Fatts). The verdict is still out, and you all would be foolish to believe he is getting fired after Year 3. The potential is still there, everyone has work to do.
While I agree the thread is premature and DC has 1 year left to right the ship, and that we absolutely could make a run in Richmond, I disagree with your notion that the people complaining are "fair weather" fans.

Are Jets fans fair weather for rooting to lose and get the #1 pick?

95% of the people on this board complaining are die hard fans who have been through more emotional wringers than most could understand. It's because they want what's best for the team, program and university.

If you think someone can't get it done, and get this team to the NCAA - like Baron for example - rooting for meaningless wins only furthers the inevitable and puts you further away from your goal.

Of course fans will be happy if we actually win a meaningful game (or 4) and get the the tournament. That's all anyone on this board wants. A lot of people have cause for concern and doubt that DC will be the guy to get it done. Rooting for a quick exit makes a coaching change move closer to a reality. Being strung along with a win or two that doesn't get you into the dance just hurts the prospects for change and puts the program in a precarious, Baron-like situation, where you're not competitive but you're "close" - which is disastrous over the long term.

No one posting and complaining on this board is fair weather. They're here win or lose. And if they're complaining and bitching it's because they're emotionally invested in the team, because they're fans, and want to see the team do better. Not just root for their favorite coach or person.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I guess I've been a fair weather fan for 50+ years.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago Why is this even a thread? He’s still the coach. He will be here next year, and the same fickle, fair weather individuals will be singing his praises if he somehow turns things around with both twins available, and possibly Shepard (without Fatts). The verdict is still out, and you all would be foolish to believe he is getting fired after Year 3. The potential is still there, everyone has work to do.
While I agree the thread is premature and DC has 1 year left to right the ship, and that we absolutely could make a run in Richmond, I disagree with your notion that the people complaining are "fair weather" fans.

95% of the people on this board complaining are die hard fans who have been through more emotional wringers than most could understand. It's because they want what's best for the team, program and university.

If you think someone can't get it done, and get this team to the NCAA - like Baron for example - rooting for meaningless wins only furthers the inevitable and puts you further away from your goal.

Of course fans will be happy if we actually win a meaningful game (or 4) and get the the tournament. That's all anyone on this board wants. A lot of people have cause for concern and doubt that DC will be the guy to get it done. Rooting for a quick exit makes a coaching change move closer to a reality. Being strung along with a win or two that doesn't get you into the dance just hurts the prospects for change and puts the program in a precarious, Baron-like situation, where you're not competitive but you're "close" - which is disastrous over the long term.

No one posting and complaining on this board is fair weather. They're here win or lose. And if they're complaining and bitching it's because they're emotionally invested in the team, because they're fans, and want to see the team do better. Not just root for their favorite coach or person.

You’re kinda all over the place on this.

Are you cheering for us to win games in the A10s thinking we “absolutely can make a run?”

Or are you cheering for a loss to Dayton to put more heat on Cox?

I for one will never cheer for a loss with this program.
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago

Are you cheering for us to win games in the A10s thinking we “absolutely can make a run?”

Of course I'm cheering for us to win games, especially these games, I'm a fan.

I'm saying that I understand the people who are negative and wouldn't mind a loss because they think it would rip the bandaid off of a coach who they don't think can get the job done.

Still riding the positivity train. Just saying I get the people who don't and I don't think of them as any less "fan" if they're not on board at the moment.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Also some of us who know Cox won't work out need a thread like this for hope and something to look forward to, because there's nothing about next season to look forward to if he's here
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Yes. I'd prefer we win the A10's this year and I look like an idiot. Short of that I want us to lose in spectacular fashion against Dayton so the boosters and powers that be see how in over his head Cox is
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago Also some of us who know Cox won't work out need a thread like this for hope and something to look forward to, because there's nothing about next season to look forward to if he's here
I mean, literally nobody “knows” Cox won’t work out.

Case in point, the 42 points scored home loss to Fordham under Hurley. Nearly all of us felt similar then as we do now.

Now obviously it doesn’t look like it will work, but nobody can say they 100% know.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

If you think someone can't get it done, and get this team to the NCAA - like Baron - rooting for meaningless wins only furthers the inevitable and puts you further away from your goal.

Only DC Rams would disappear when things get really ugly and then come back for one of his insults. DC you act as if we want Cox to fail and lose his job. We don't. I think he's an awesome mentor and role model to our players. When he's successful we don't run and hide and pout. Go back to one of our few solid wins this year. We all talk about how great the win is and how Cox deserves a ton of credit. People who bleed Rhody blue want what's best for this program and when a coach is underachieving, we have the opportunity to vent. This is the place to do that
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago Also some of us who know Cox won't work out need a thread like this for hope and something to look forward to, because there's nothing about next season to look forward to if he's here

Case in point, the 42 points scored home loss to Fordham under Hurley. Nearly all of us felt similar then as we do now.

Now obviously it doesn’t look like it will work, but nobody can say they 100% know.
I will disagree with that sentiment until the day I die. It's been discussed ad nauseum on here - the situation Hurley was given vs what Cox was given. The improvements. The team identity. The big wins. Etc, etc, etc.

Hurley's teams constantly progressed. Achieved milestones.

I was in the "minority" I guess we'll say of people who knew Hurley was going to work out.

I agree with you that Cox could somehow find lightning in a bottle over the next two weeks and parlay that into momentum and a recharge for next year. For as lost as I think he's been at times I think his fixes are incredibly simple.

The problem is unlike Hurley (and unlike the situation Hurley came into) Cox hasn't had one "improvement" that you could point to. No "big win," no identity, no player improvement, no player retention - that's why I don't have a problem with people off the train. I get it.

Personally, I figure this is the one time of year, every year, that we get to root for meaningful basketball, so of course I'm rooting my balls off because this is all I ever ask for. Regardless of what's happening I'd rather be foolishly positive now and ready to have some fun, knowing that we can be miserable the rest of the offseason.

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
You know some people are built different.
He loves it where he is, his family is happy there.
He was quoted as saying it would take a lot for him to even consider leaving.
Because there isn't a lot of noise surrounding him, it doesn't make him any less of a coach.
He makes a very comfortable living without all the stress of a major program.
That's the concern. Cause it's NCAA OR BUST here Baby!!!!!!!. Stay in Vt Becker, you don't want this.

He’s been to more NCAAs than we have since 2000.

You continue to sound more idiotic with your
Becker takes.

“Stay in Vt Becker, you don’t want this.” — What the hell do you even mean with that stupid comment?
First, Becker was named head coach in 2011,so he's been to 3 NCAAT and won a play in game against Lamar. And B, It's Miller time!!!!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

That's the concern. Cause it's NCAA OR BUST here Baby!!!!!!!. Stay in Vt Becker, you don't want this.

Becker takes.

“Stay in Vt Becker, you don’t want this.” — What the hell do you even mean with that stupid comment?
First, Becker was named head coach in 2011,so he's been to 3 NCAAT and won a play in game against Lamar. And B, It's Miller time!!!!

That even proves my point further. He’s been to 3 NCAAs since 2011, we’ve been to 3 NCAAs since 1999.

Try again.
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago

If you think someone can't get it done, and get this team to the NCAA - like Baron - rooting for meaningless wins only furthers the inevitable and puts you further away from your goal.

Only DC Rams would disappear when things get really ugly and then come back for one of his insults. DC you act as if we want Cox to fail and lose his job. We don't. I think he's an awesome mentor and role model to our players. When he's successful we don't run and hide and pout. Go back to one of our few solid wins this year. We all talk about how great the win is and how Cox deserves a ton of credit. People who bleed Rhody blue want what's best for this program and when a coach is underachieving, we have the opportunity to vent. This is the place to do that
Spot on here Stevey. The fans on this board are actually the exact opposite of what a fair weather fan is.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Archie Miller ??
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Becker takes.

That even proves my point further. He’s been to 3 NCAAs since 2011, we’ve been to 3 NCAAs since 1999.

Try again.
So I just looked at the American East standings. VT is tied at the top with NET 130 UMBC. They round the league out with 1 other team in the 100's, Net 188 Hartford. Every other team is in the Net 200's or 300's.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I will disagree with that sentiment until the day I die. It's been discussed ad nauseum on here - the situation Hurley was given vs what Cox was given. The improvements. The team identity. The big wins. Etc, etc, etc.

Hurley's teams constantly progressed. Achieved milestones.

I was in the "minority" I guess we'll say of people who knew Hurley was going to work out.

I agree with you that Cox could somehow find lightning in a bottle over the next two weeks and parlay that into momentum and a recharge for next year. For as lost as I think he's been at times I think his fixes are incredibly simple.

The problem is unlike Hurley (and unlike the situation Hurley came into) Cox hasn't had one "improvement" that you could point to. No "big win," no identity, no player improvement, no player retention - that's why I don't have a problem with people off the train. I get it.

Personally, I figure this is the one time of year, every year, that we get to root for meaningful basketball, so of course I'm rooting my balls off because this is all I ever ask for. Regardless of what's happening I'd rather be foolishly positive now and ready to have some fun, knowing that we can be miserable the rest of the offseason.
Exactly. Nobody can point to anything that says this is what we do well, this is how we've improved, this is why the future will be better. In the absence of any of those things I see no reason for optimism or reason to think Cox is the right person for the job
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Try again.
So I just looked at the American East standings. VT is tied at the top with NET 130 UMBC. They round the league out with 1 other team in the 100's, Net 188 Hartford. Every other team is in the Net 200's or 300's.
I'm going to assume that you don't know much about him as a coach and just looked up his profile on ESPN or something. If that's not the case please tell me what you don't like about his coaching? His teams play smart, efficient basketball. Their identity is their defense and rebounding. Something we desperately could use. As I said I question if he can recruit at this level but if we invest in this program and pay a top assistant we will have a great in-game coach with Becker. Do you realize how hard it is in any conference to win as he has consistently? He's loyal to Vermont, and it would probably take a lot to get him out of there, but you can't tell me that this guy is not a fantastic coach.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago

Try again.
I'm going to assume that you don't know much about him as a coach and just looked up his profile on ESPN or something. If that's not the case please tell me what you don't like about his coaching? His teams play smart, efficient basketball. Their identity is their defense and rebounding. Something we desperately could use. As I said I question if he can recruit at this level but if we invest in this program and pay a top assistant we will have a great in-game coach with Becker. Do you realize how hard it is in any conference to win as he has consistently? He's loyal to Vermont, and it would probably take a lot to get him out of there, but you can't tell me that this guy is not a fantastic coach.
It wouldn't put us on the map, that's for sure. But whatever, we are hypothetically calling out next coaches for a coach who hasn't even been fired.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

BlackDogRants wrote: 3 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Hell, if I won Powerball, I would call Thorr tomorrow, and tell him, if you want my LARGE donation....fire Cox today.

The practice facility would become reality right quick....and the East Stands would be no more.
I literally say this EXACT same statement every time I buy a lottery ticket... Im not kidding. Its almost weird you posted it.
So, you're the reason. Maybe start saying something else? ;)
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

A name that hasn't been brought up yet who I would be all for is Pat Kelsey at Winthrop.

Yes I know he backed out at UMass literal minutes before his presser, and those questions would have to be asked, but I think he could be a very good hire here if/when Cox were to be let go.
Last edited by Rhody15 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago A name that hasn't been brought up yet who I would be all or is Pat Kelsey at Winthrop.

Yes I know he backed out at UMass literal minutes before his presser, and those questions would have to be asked, but I think he could be a very good hire here if/when Cox were to be let go.
Just looking at his W-L records, that's a mighty fine candidate. And the fact that he backed out of the mess at UMass makes me like him more, oddly enough, haha.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago A name that hasn't been brought up yet who I would be all or is Pat Kelsey at Winthrop.

Just looking at his W-L records, that's a mighty fine candidate. And the fact that he backed out of the mess at UMass makes me like him more, oddly enough, haha.
Agree on the last part, but hiring such a NOHEHOH is not going to sell tix....
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Minnesota got trounced by 20 vs Penn St. Pitino might be gonzo.
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Maybe McDermott is/will be available now...

ETA: If he had said 'reservation' instead of 'plantation'...would it be any less of thing?
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago

Agree on the last part, but hiring such a NOHEHOH is not going to sell tix....
The only thing that consistently sells tickets, across all sports, is winning. You might get a small, temporary boost from a "name" coach or a free agent, if we're talking professional sports, but crowds "act" in a savvy fashion.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

David Cox is an extreme long shot to be replaced this season

The season is not over yet. We have known for some time the only path to a NCAA Bid is to winch A10, so here we are.

As Blue Man has said, enjoy the A10 Tournament, enjoy this game today. It is what many of us live for.

All the talk about whether Cox should be here or not, who the possibilities are to replace him this year (which is 99.9% sure not to happen), whether to make changes to the Assistant Coaching Staff, which players are or are not going to transfer or return for next year..............all noise and distractions to what today is the Biggest Game of the Season for URI.

As DC_Rams has said before, if URI wins a game or two now then many criticizing David Cox will quickly become fans of him again.

Today should be all about Dayton at 3:30pm

If we don't win the A10 Tournament then let the other conversation stuff take over.....I guess :roll: :roll:
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Minnesota got trounced by 20 vs Penn St. Pitino might be gonzo.
.......maybe A father/son coaching act coming to the MAAC......must be some vacancy coming there.......Slick Jr for Fordham.......? Just tossing shit at the wall......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Nine years ago today we fired Jim Baron. Nine years later, after a remarkable time to be a Ram fan, we're practically right back where we started, with a dead end coach that will never take us to the tournament. At least instead of 13th place in the conference we're all the way up in 10th place! It would be nice to be excited about URI men's basketball again
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I believe URI beats Dayton today, VCU tomorrow and away we go!!!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago I believe URI beats Dayton today, VCU tomorrow and away we go!!!
WOW, you and Blue Man, keep the faith
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

There is the rest of Winter, all Spring, all summer, and part of Fall to talk about the Head Coach Status, Assistant Coaches, Grad Transfers, Transfers, Freshman recruits, JC Transfers.......

Today is what we live for, let’s enjoys today’s game and hope lives eternal for tomorrow
AA693A57-2EEF-49A4-9A55-CE6421A74DEF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago 77,
There is the rest of Winter, all Spring, all summer, and part of Fall to talk about the Head Coach Status, Assistant Coaches, Grad Transfers, Transfers, Freshman recruits, JC Transfers.......

Today is what we live for, let’s enjoys today’s game and hope lives eternal for tomorrow
Yes you are correct. I am psyched, already have my Rhode Island Alumni shirt on.

We have all off season to bitch and moan, and contemplate our future.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes you are correct. I am psyched, already have my Rhode Island Alumni shirt on.

Only if we want to bitch and moan all off season

If we win the A10 then all this talk possible new coaches is for naught. It is anyway because the odds of David Cox leaving this month are very, very slim.

Mitchell, Mitchell/Walker, Leggett, Martin and Betrand is not a bad starting line up for next season - excellent height and athleticism. That’s if you believe both Mitchell’s will play together, I do. DC_Rams your thoughts on both Mitchell’s in the starting line up?

At any rate, back to today’s big game of the year!
Last edited by ramster 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago I believe URI beats Dayton today, VCU tomorrow and away we go!!!
Hitting the European Absinthe a little early, aren't we?
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago
Hitting the European Absinthe a little early, aren't we?
Being a Red Sox Fan through the curse of the bambino prepares one for anything
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

What drug / kool aid is it? I badly need some!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago

Only if we want to bitch and main all off season

If we win the A10 then all this talk possible new coaches is for naught. It is anyway because the odds of David Cox leaving this month are very, very slim.

Mitchell, Mitchell/Walker, Leggett, Martin and Betrand is not a bad starting line up for next season - excellent height and athleticism. That’s if you believe both Mitchell’s will play together, I do. DC_Rams your thoughts on both Mitchell’s in the starting line up?

Replace Fatts and Sheppard, our two leading scorers and best playmakers, with Betrand and Martin who both have been underwhelming (Martin better as of late), and that starting lineup isn't bad? That looks like a nightmare.

Both Mitchell's will definitely play together, but I'd say there's a 0.005% chance they both start. Walker deserves keep his starting spot and up his minutes with his play this season.
Last edited by Rhody15 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago

Only if we want to bitch and main all off season

Replace Fatts and Sheppard, our two leading scorers and best playmakers, with Betrand and Martin who both have been underwhelming (Martin better as of late), and that starting lineup isn't bad? That looks like a nightmare.

Both Mitchell's will definitely play together, but I'd say there's a 0.005% chance they both start. Walker deserves to keep him starting spot and up his minutes with his play this season.
Again Mr Negative,

I'm only saying it is a start. This is where we are now, with no further changes. There will be transfers from URI and to URI during the off season. I'll be very surprised if we don't have some significant positive additions to our roster during the next 8 months.

GO RHODY and let's WIN TODAY!!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Well we lost so let all the speculation begin as to what’s out roster looks like , Cox will be back but what kind of lineup will he have ??
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I wish we could lock this thread. He is here for next year. Getting rid of him right now would have actual negative effects on the program overall because every agent is going to warn their client about a 3-year chopping block at URI. This isn't some blue blood program folks. Let's be realistic.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Drastic times call for drastic measures. Next to no improvement and the swan dive that was the second half of this year...oy...

If Thorr CAN (is allowed to) do the deed, he will. If he can't, I feel sorry for him, but can't hold it against him...
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Carmen Maciariello is someone I would have an eye on. 32-13 in his first 2 years at Siena. Back to back first place finishes. Familiar with A10 from his days at GW and ties to City Rocks one of the best AAU programs in the country.
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

No shot. His next move will be to a major or power 5 conference.
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 3 years ago I wish we could lock this thread. He is here for next year. Getting rid of him right now would have actual negative effects on the program overall because every agent is going to warn their client about a 3-year chopping block at URI. This isn't some blue blood program folks. Let's be realistic.
This take is ridiculous. He didn’t come in to take on a rebuild, he took the reigns from a successful coach and was expected to continue that success. He did not, time to move on.
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

URI_05 wrote: 3 years ago
BleedBlue87 wrote: 3 years ago I wish we could lock this thread. He is here for next year. Getting rid of him right now would have actual negative effects on the program overall because every agent is going to warn their client about a 3-year chopping block at URI. This isn't some blue blood program folks. Let's be realistic.
This take is ridiculous. He didn’t come in to take on a rebuild, he took the reigns from a successful coach and was expected to continue that success. He did not, time to move on.
I am not defending Cox, he has been here for three years and we are going backwards. But I have said this before, his first year was not as easy a transition as some people make it out to be. We lost one of the best senior classes we've ever had. Hurley knew what was coming. It was time for him to leave on the high note.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

I'll take Claude English or Brendan Malone at this point.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

URI_05 wrote: 3 years ago
In 2019, the average tenure for a fired head coach was 6.9 years. The only thing that's ridiculous is that you think we are going to jump that far from.the average.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 3 years ago I'll take Claude English or Brendan Malone at this point.
uh, no.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhodyhooopz wrote: 3 years ago I'll take Claude English or Brendan Malone at this point.
uh, no.
LOL. I was being sarcastic.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I could care less that it's only been 3 years that Cox has been HC.

It's what is happening HERE that matters. Each situation is different.

Almost everyone here knows deep down, that we will stink again next season. Tons of evidence indicates that.

So why prolong the agony?
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Actually we don’t know how good Claude could have been because he had his hands tied behind his back by the administration.

Malone was a good recruiter but an execrable human being who alienated everyone. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a going-away party and didn’t invite him.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.