2/15 | Saint Joe’s | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: 2/15 | Saint Joe’s | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Ah, another Koch tweet taking a shot attendance two whole days before the game even is.

The PC game wasn’t even sold out this far in advance.

This act is so old.
I agree with him. It's a Saturday afternoon, with plenty of deals to make tickets affordable, for a team projected in the tournament
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Right so what’s the beef? The tickets are selling.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Right so what’s the beef? The tickets are selling.
Because people have too much time on their hands while they're pushing their paper.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Wasn't there a similar "THE TICKETS AREN'T SELLING!!!!!11!!" freakout before the VCU game that had 7900 people in attendance?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Blueman - I love Bill as a beat writer and am very thankful we get his coverage. I read all of it. And I like Bill on a personal level and think we have get along well. But I do find his bit re: attendance a little weird. Like, we have the fan base that we have. Anyone reading his tweets is likely not the problem. Just always feels like a shot of which the only possible recipients are his specific audience as a writer. Idk, I just don’t really get it but it doesn’t diminish my opinion of him at all. And in this case it seems especially strange because the attendance has been pretty good so far by URI standards and it appears it will be excellent all things considered on Saturday.

ETA - didn’t see when I wrote this that Bill is in the thread. Not trying to talk about you like you’re not here. You know I love you, but I do think the attendance talk comes off like it’s a shot at your readership.
Brad making a rational statement but me having committed to the Dudley Boyz persona yelling to Bill at the bar in Brooklyn:

Does this make me Little Spike Dudley?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Right so what’s the beef? The tickets are selling.
I don't know. Bill pointed something reasonable out when he was asked a direct question and somehow people think he's picking on us because of it
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

There's only 200 or so tickets left. If the students show, it'll be a full house.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The attendance for these last three home games should not be a concern. The stage has been set for 7k+ crowds for all of them. This season is at worst on track to be the 2nd best Ryan Center average attendance and even has a chance of becoming the highest.

The big concern for everyone should be winning all the games Rhody is supposed to.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago The attendance for these last three home games should not be a concern. The stage has been set for 7k+ crowds for all of them. This season is at worst on track to be the 2nd best Ryan Center average attendance and even has a chance of becoming the highest.

The big concern for everyone should be winning all the games Rhody is supposed to.
MUST WIN :lol:

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

BTW these are beautiful
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago There's only 200 or so tickets left. If the students show, it'll be a full house.
There are no longer any of the Family 4 Packs available for the game, either. This was the remaining opaque element of ticket sales because the seats held for the packages won’t show up as green dots on the Ryan Center website. Yesterday I checked and the “best available” option could net you four seats in row G of section 304. Today I tried the same thing and there are no four packs left in any section at any price point. So what we see now for dots is the sum total of what is available.

It looks like what you have now is about 20 seats left in the top rows of 313 and another 20 or so in the top row of 311. Beyond that it is single seats everywhere and some obstructed view seats.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago There's only 200 or so tickets left. If the students show, it'll be a full house.
There are no longer any of the Family 4 Packs available for the game, either. This was the remaining opaque element of ticket sales because the seats held for the packages won’t show up as green dots on the Ryan Center website. Yesterday I checked and the “best available” option could net you four seats in row G of section 304. Today I tried the same thing and there are no four packs left in any section at any price point. So what we see now for dots is the sum total of what is available.

It looks like what you have now is about 20 seats left in the top rows of 313 and another 20 or so in the top row of 311. Beyond that it is single seats everywhere and some obstructed view seats.
Other than single scattered seats, I see 22 total in the last couple of rows in 313, 5 in the last row of 312, 20 in the last row of 311 plus a pair in the second to last row, and 6 in the second to last row in 307. So that's only 53 tickets, not counting the singles.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

St. Joes, although a terrible 4-20 and #276 in KenPom, is interesting.
  • They own wins over #63 UConn @ UConn and against #145 Penn on a neutral court
  • They have played some really good teams closer than expected - lost to #41 Florida (neutral) by 8, #28 Villanova by 12, #6 Dayton by 13, #47 VCU by 13, URI by 10, #90 St Louis by 5, and brought Davidson to OT @ Davidson
  • Despite the above, they are winless in the A10, although their Penn win came in the middle of the A10 schedule
  • They have the leading scorer in the league - Ryan Daly
What I can maybe gather from that is:
  • When they play well they're capable - especially with a big-time scorer (more volume scorer than efficient)
  • In their four wins Ryan Daly scored 30, 27, 30, and 26 points
  • In the 5 games he scored in single digits they lost by 13, 13, 18, 32, and 47 (yes, 47!) points
We played them in Philadelphia without Dowtin. I think he has the length, quickness, and versatility to spend some time on Daly and look for him to take Daly out of the game.

Ken Pom has this as a 21 point edge...it's important we step on their throats and send a message to the rest of the A10 that we're back to our winning ways.

Hopefully the crowd on Saturday has a lot to cheer for in what looks like, on paper, to be a mismatch.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

^ Good analysis, thanks for that.
Mobley was fouled.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

FYI - The Saint Joe's Alumni Boston Chapter will be at Shaidzon tomorrow before the game. Hope Rhody fans can attend to make sure they are outnumbered during this early game event. There is going to be about 30 of them.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago

Other than single scattered seats, I see 22 total in the last couple of rows in 313, 5 in the last row of 312, 20 in the last row of 311 plus a pair in the second to last row, and 6 in the second to last row in 307. So that's only 53 tickets, not counting the singles.
There's still about 140 obstructeds.
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

I had no idea there were 140 obstructed view seats in the Ryan Center. Kind of odd for a newer type arena. Are they all scattered throughout or are they primarily in one area?
steviep123
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago

do they not show as green dots? I didn't see enough single green dots to count off 87 (153+87)=140.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

4Diffs wrote: 4 years ago I had no idea there were 140 obstructed view seats in the Ryan Center. Kind of odd for a newer type arena. Are they all scattered throughout or are they primarily in one area?
I don't know of many really bad obstructed seats (think behind a pole at Fenway). There are some where part of your view might be slightly obstructed by a top of a Plexiglas barrier or something, but nothing terrible.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

do they not show as green dots? I didn't see enough single green dots to count off 87 (153+87)=140.
Those little black things that if you zoom in look like eyeglasses are the obstructed view. For instance, in section 313, there are a bunch of them available Row J 1-5, Row h 1-5 and a few others in that section. Obstructeds are usually a railing slightly obstructing the view.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Those little black things that if you zoom in look like eyeglasses are the obstructed view. For instance, in section 313, there are a bunch of them available Row J 1-5, Row h 1-5 and a few others in that section. Obstructeds are usually a railing slightly obstructing the view.
Also, if you see the little wheelchairs in the back of some of the sections, those are the handicapped seats. Most of them are gone for this game.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago Wasn't there a similar "THE TICKETS AREN'T SELLING!!!!!11!!" freakout before the VCU game that had 7900 people in attendance?
The VCU game had 7900 tickets sold. There weren’t 7900 in attendance. The VCU game was part of the 5 game plan. So PC fans that bought that plan were no shows. The St Joes game isn’t part of the 5 game plan. The weekend day game attracts fans.
The SLU games is part of the 5 game plan. The Dayton game on Sr Night is already close to a full crowd.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It bothers me when I see the empty seats in the 100s and 200s sidelines that are definitely season tickets. I don’t understand why season ticket holders don’t give those tickets away to be used.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

MUST.WIN.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Bleed Keaney Blue!

gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Don’t give that stupid hawk any reason to run around the court flapping his stupid wings during a timeout
Clapton is God
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago FYI - The Saint Joe's Alumni Boston Chapter will be at Shaidzon tomorrow before the game. Hope Rhody fans can attend to make sure they are outnumbered during this early game event. There is going to be about 30 of them.
Breakfast beer!!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

gorhody89 wrote: 4 years ago Don’t give that stupid hawk any reason to run around the court flapping his stupid wings during a timeout
I hate that thing.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago
spookydog wrote: 4 years ago FYI - The Saint Joe's Alumni Boston Chapter will be at Shaidzon tomorrow before the game. Hope Rhody fans can attend to make sure they are outnumbered during this early game event. There is going to be about 30 of them.
Breakfast beer!!
I recommend Long Trail, Little Anomaly. A hazy juicy (tasty) IPA, with just 110 calories and only 3.8% ABV. Sounds like a great way to start the day.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Currently being outnumbered here. Get down here before the game.
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Woah no Daly would be a game changer.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Daly not expected to play. Obviously a must win at all costs, but without Daly, geez, please don't throw up a stinker.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Are we a curse to teams best players or something?
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago Woah no Daly would be a game changer.
Then we win by 30 instead of 20.
Slava Ukraini!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago
adam914 wrote: 4 years ago Woah no Daly would be a game changer.
Then we win by 30 instead of 20.
Or like 60
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Funk and Daly (also possibly an indie music duo?) were the only interesting things about this year’s Hawks team.

Without either of them? Rams have this one in the bag by halftime. Limit Dowtin’s minutes, let him rest his ankle. Give Eric some extended minutes. Have fun and win. Done.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Almost no students here. I’ve been told there are a bunch of parties this afternoon. Wondering why they can’t come to the game first. Bad look.
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

URI 1H -10 💲💲💸💸
spookydog
Tom Garrick

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago Almost no students here. I’ve been told there are a bunch of parties this afternoon. Wondering why they can’t come to the game first. Bad look.
My nephew who is a student said “This game wasn’t publicized at all”
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

No Ryan Daly. If we don't win by 50 our NET will drop. :mrgreen:
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Why do we look so gassed 5 minutes into the game?
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Jermaine is so damn slow to react to anything on the court.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Martin taking 2 threes in the first several minutes just can't happen.
OldSchoolRhody
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OldSchoolRhody »

Link to watch steam on computer?
We're... We're going streaking! We're going up down the quad and to the gymnasium! Who is in? Let's Go Rhody!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

They look lazy getting back on defense
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Came out very sluggish and we are not getting back on defense
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Much better defense off that time out