'14 JUCO SG - Ayinde Sprewell (Grambling)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: '14 JUCO SG - Ayinde Sprewell (Western Kentucky)

Unread post by theblueram »

Billyboy78 wrote:Of all schools Sprewell could have picked, why us? Where's the connection?
We have a great message board :o :o
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Of all schools Sprewell could have picked, why us? Where's the connection?
We had a Marbury, might as well add a Sprewell.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

This has always fascinated me about football and basketball players and really shows you that kids hit it off with staffs and particular recruiters rather than the actual school. Look at a guy like Gustys. URI, UAB, SJSU, and Tulane? Huh?
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Sports are weird little worlds, built heavily on relationships.

Biruta, for example, is at URI because he played for Hurley at St. Benedict's, where he was at initially because he (Biruta) is close with Arturas Karnisovas, who is friends with Hurley from their playing days at Seton Hall.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

TOPPERSonTOP wrote:I find the amount of jealous hate towards MY school and MY state quite laughable. You can take your pompous New England arrogance and shove it really far up an orifice of your choice.

blah blah blah
Lighten up, Francis.
Slava Ukraini!
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Rhody74 wrote:
TOPPERSonTOP wrote:I find the amount of jealous hate towards MY school and MY state quite laughable. You can take your pompous New England arrogance and shove it really far up an orifice of your choice.

blah blah blah
Lighten up, Francis.

I'm hearing banjo music.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

But what am I supposed to do with my Mid-Atlantic arrogance?
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I agree with Topper.....I don't like it when fans of other schools denigrate Rhode Island and I don't do it to other schools......that is too "new big east" for my tastes.....lots of schools with a lot to offer.....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
TOPPERSonTOP
Jim Eitner

Unread post by TOPPERSonTOP »

ramfan85 wrote:
Rhody74 wrote:

blah blah blah
Lighten up, Francis.

I'm hearing banjo music.
Interesting, you are aware that Kentucky is responsible for the development of one of the few originally American art forms, Bluegrass Music. While most of the picking is done to the far east of Bowling Green, there is still some slight influence on our local culture, especially in older demographics. Personally I do not care for the music, I am more into Celtic folk sounds if I am going that route.

I find it very humorous that in a discussion about athletics, your first choice is to slam our arts and culture. Most of Bowling Green would align ourselves with the Nashville Metro than with any part of Kentucky, I often joke that the whole I-65 corridor should secede from the two states and form our own commonwealth. Surely you are familiar with Nashville's prominence in arts and entertainment (which reaches far beyond the Country Music genre). Many sociologist project Nashville to be a world center for arts, fashion, and culture by 2025.

I was sincerely considering many prominent schools in the North East, but between the cold weather and the cold locals I doubt that an Ivy League doctorate would be justified.

Good luck in moving up the hoops ladder in the A10, maybe one day we could meet on the court and settle somethings that way (we have never played before).