Mike Powell to transfer

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Mike Powell to transfer

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote:Ramster, no offense, but why do some on this board feel they have to be the judge, jury, and executioner of all things posted here?

It's a message board, for cripe's sakes. We have every right to be critical of any aspect of this program, and praise it the same way.

I realize some of us repeat ourselves [guilty, as charged] but just move on, if you or others feel the need to judge other's opinions. And that's all they are, just opinions.

Doesn't make anybody right, or wrong. Just having fun, or trying to.

Some people say things that rub me the wrong way, too. But you don't see me jumping down their throat. As long as it doesn't get personal, I ignore it.
I think that saying "Bye Bye" to a 20 year old kid who played hard for my school and gave his all is "personal". You can argue that I am misinterpreting the meaning because said poster "does it all the time" but it does not mean I have to like it.
Feel free to ignore my post if you don't like it. Mike Powell deserves better than "Bye Bye"
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

"Bye Bye Bye"???????
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ramster wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:Ramster, no offense, but why do some on this board feel they have to be the judge, jury, and executioner of all things posted here?

It's a message board, for cripe's sakes. We have every right to be critical of any aspect of this program, and praise it the same way.

I realize some of us repeat ourselves [guilty, as charged] but just move on, if you or others feel the need to judge other's opinions. And that's all they are, just opinions.

Doesn't make anybody right, or wrong. Just having fun, or trying to.

Some people say things that rub me the wrong way, too. But you don't see me jumping down their throat. As long as it doesn't get personal, I ignore it.
I think that saying "Bye Bye" to a 20 year old kid who played hard for my school and gave his all is "personal". You can argue that I am misinterpreting the meaning because said poster "does it all the time" but it does not mean I have to like it.
Feel free to ignore my post if you don't like it. Mike Powell deserves better than "Bye Bye"
I like reef, but I agree that posting the "bye bye" thing (which comes across as taunting) is a little tone deaf on his part.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Reef is the king of one line posts; at least 50% of which are "Bye, Bye, ____________!" I truly think that his main objective is running up his post numbers.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________I

(Does that qualify for the Reefer Award?????)
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Leave reefer alone.
"Bye, bye" is his favorite line.
Trying to make it into a personal thing is ridiiculous.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

TruePoint wrote:
bressler3south wrote:Wow, TruePoint!!! Newsprint at a premium????
Bress, it was way too long and wasn't relevant enough to warrant that long of post.
And if TP hadn't have cut it, I would have.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Seriously lets just leave reef alone here, he's not taunting and we've had this conversation before and he's said as much. Really you just need to sing it to yourself to the tune of "Bye Bye Baby Bye Bye" by Janis Joplin and it all becomes clear, its not taunting at all its sort of like 'oh so sorry to see you go, but what ever will be, will be'.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Nobody is picking on reef. Reef is fine. He isn't "in trouble" or whatever. My personal opinion is that it comes across as maybe not in the best of tastes in this situation, but that is just my personal opinion.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I agree I went a little too far on that one and I apologize for it, I do like Mike and mean him no ill will at all and wish him the best at his next landing spot.

bye bye is one of my signatures but I should have at least thanked him for his effort here before I used my phrase
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote:I agree I went a little too far on that one and I apologize for it, I do like Mike and mean him no ill will at all and wish him the best at his next landing spot.

bye bye is one of my signatures but I should have at least thanked him for his effort here before I used my phrase
well said
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

What people say should be judged solely by their intent and reef did not have any malicious intent in what has become a signature line for him. More concerning is making a big deal out of it and derailing another thread away from good and relevant discussion.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Agreed.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Obadiah wrote:What people say should be judged solely by their intent and reef did not have any malicious intent in what has become a signature line for him. More concerning is making a big deal out of it and derailing another thread away from good and relevant discussion.
Sorry on my part if I derailed a good and relevant discussion. Did not mean to do that only express my opinion on Mike Powell's departure.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I think MP created ill-will from some posters by the way we acted/played after losing his starting role.

I wish him well.
NCAAs or Bust!
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

ramster, we all get carried away at times as we are fixed on our own views. Big of you to regret this incident. There have been worse instances of changing threads than this, as the mods can confirm. Maybe we could have fun with this tendency of all message boards to get off subject??!!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Bye, Bye, Bye reminds me of The Backstreet Boys song that my daughter used to play
a million times, years ago.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

rodfromcranston wrote:Bye, Bye, Bye reminds me of The Backstreet Boys song that my daughter used to play
a million times, years ago.
I'm embarrassed to say I know this, but that song is by NSYNC.
Essentially the same group though.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Leave out 1 "Bye" and we're talking Everly Brothers (Bye Bye Love). Could the Reefer be one of them?
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rhody72 wrote:I think MP created ill-will from some posters by the way we acted/played after losing his starting role.

I wish him well.
By the time MP lost his job he was already #1 on a lot of fans' shit list, which I'll never understand. But he probably didn't handle it well (don't know the full story but that is the way it seems). Either way, I wish it had worked out and wish him the best.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bye bye is my favorite followed closely by Say it aint so !!!!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

TruePoint wrote:
Rhody72 wrote:I think MP created ill-will from some posters by the way we acted/played after losing his starting role.

I wish him well.
By the time MP lost his job he was already #1 on a lot of fans' shit list, which I'll never understand. But he probably didn't handle it well (don't know the full story but that is the way it seems). Either way, I wish it had worked out and wish him the best.
Not me, I love lefty guards - especially point guards.

Rams boast a pretty good roster of both over the years....
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!