Dunn to leave PC ?

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: Dunn to leave PC ?

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

seanmc94 wrote:KD is under scholly at PC.
He, nor anyone in his family has expressed displeasure with PC. They are all frustrated with the injury.
To allow baseless speculation about a rival teams players transferring to your school wrecks the credibility of the site.

Apparently PC players aren't afforded the same protection from the mods as URI players
His father heavily implied in The Day that Cooley should've done more to protect his son.
Generally, though, I agree its a pointless thread
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

rhodylaw wrote:Cooley should never allow it even if this is what Dunn wants. As long as coaches retain the power to block transfers Cooley should in this case. Whether coaches should have the ability to block transfer out of conference is another story.
It is about as petty as it gets when a coach blocks a player from going anywhere. I don't care if a Louisville player wants to go to Kentucky, if he satisfies the NCAA transfer requirements, they should be free to go. Certainly as long as coaches can roam from job to job. DH shouldn't have blocked Baron (if he did) and Cooley should not block KD. Sometimes these coaches are so full of themselves and then they pull up stakes and take the next, better offer.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

hrstrat57 wrote:Don't want any pc scraps....

Good troll tho.
Sure you don't...KD wouldn't start day one at URI. You're right.

I do find it funny that a board that exploded with outrage when DH's discussions with Rutgers were talked about on the PC board can't figure out why PC fans are irked when a complete fabrication is allowed to be posted over here.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Sean, you're getting awfully defensive over the admittedly small chance that Dunn could leave, and even smaller chance that he could come here.

When Essam posts some news, it's not like he's just talking out of his ass. He's usually pretty reliable. I'm from the NL area, and I've heard that KD's not happy right now. Not saying he's leaving, just not happy.

Maybe we could get Iggy the bloodhound on this. From the inside URI point of view if possible?
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Im not arguing that KD is frustrated with his injury. But he's not leaving PC. He's tweeting positive stuff. The "his dad is mad at Cooley crap" is from weeks ago. Right after he was told he had to shut it down. This thread is simply stirring up shit. ZERO validity.

You know it.
I know it.
Essam knows it.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

seanmc94 wrote:Im not arguing that KD is frustrated with his injury. But he's not leaving PC. He's tweeting positive stuff. The "his dad is mad at Cooley crap" is from weeks ago. Right after he was told he had to shut it down. This thread is simply stirring up shit. ZERO validity.

You know it.
I know it.
Essam knows it.
How is it stirring up shit if its on a URI message board and about URI? If it was on the PC message board then yeah sure its just stirring up shit and trolling. Whether Essam's info is accurate or not is obviously up for debate, but this isnt a PC message board so deal with it.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

seanmc94 wrote:
hrstrat57 wrote:Don't want any pc scraps....

Good troll tho.
Sure you don't...KD wouldn't start day one at URI. You're right.

I do find it funny that a board that exploded with outrage when DH's discussions with Rutgers were talked about on the PC board can't figure out why PC fans are irked when a complete fabrication is allowed to be posted over here.
Actually he is a brilliant player and could make a huge impact on the Rhode Island program. Teamed with Martin and Matthews would be dynamite....

Extreme hatred between Hurley and Cooley going forward?

No thanks.....wish he had come as a frosh, no thanks to a transfer.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Sean's upset. Its been a rough week for pc
0 x
GO RAMS
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Rhodymob05 wrote:Sean's upset. Its been a rough week for pc
you said a mouthful
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Missing players, for whatever reason, are haunting both PC and URI right now.

We know PC's starting 5 is pretty good, but they've got almost nothing to back them up.

We're in the same boat now.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Nice of Sean to call an 78 year old man an a-hole on
the PC board.
Essam is a fine gentleman, and doesn't deserve this invective!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Nice of Sean to call an 78 year old man an a-hole on
the PC board.
Sean also accuses him of "stirring up shit", when Sean is the King of "stirring up shit".
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Methinks Sean is scared shitless of losing a key player, and possibly to us???

Even if it's just a rumor, it's a fun thought.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
the PC board.
Sean also accuses him of "stirring up shit", when Sean is the King of "stirring up shit".
Yeah, the guy who spends most of his life on a rival schools message board is accusing others of stirring up shit.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I don't know anyone who is being forced to read or post on OUR board...
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote:
the PC board.
If I posted pure BS here; there would be outrage. You guys freaked out when the media dared to report that DH listened to Rutgers. But it's perfectly ok for a uri poster to put up garbage about PC.

I proved my point earlier when I did the same about a URI player. It was gone in 10 minutes.
Just remember this thread the next time you guys try to claim the moral high ground in an argument.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

yeah good point, you should probably never come back on here.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

"Moral high ground" on a board????? AYFKM, sean-smack94????????????????
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

seanmc94 wrote:KD is under scholly at PC.
He, nor anyone in his family has expressed displeasure with PC. They are all frustrated with the injury.
To allow baseless speculation about a rival teams players transferring to your school wrecks the credibility of the site.
Apparently PC players aren't afforded the same protection from the mods as URI players

Sean,
I don't see how you can call it "baseless speculation" when Essam mentions that the word he is hearing in the New London area is..............
That is simply what Essam is hearing. I don't call this baseless speculation.

You comment about no displeasure with PC? Again seems you are refering to this type of thing as "baseless" but KMACs headling on December 11th indicated the father was questioning PCs handling of the injury. Not this board, but KMAC himself. PROJO even called his father to get further information.

Friars' Kris Dunn done for season; father questions PC's handling of injury
December 11, 2013 10:30 AM
excerpt from KMACs article:
John Seldon, Dunn's father, said his son is taking the injury hard but will move ahead. "He's doing all right, but basketball is very important in his life so it's tough," he said.
In an interview with the New London Day, Seldon appeared to question PC's handling of his son's medical care. After injuring himself against RIC, Dunn chose to rehab the shoulder to gain strength and not opt for surgery right away.
"I'm not a doctor and not the coach. I'm just a parent. [Coach Ed Cooley] runs his program the way he runs his program. I'm not mad at the coach," Seldon was quoted as saying. "You can call it a fluke accident. I don't know. I don't go to practice, so I don't know what's going on. It is what it is. … If I've got a kid coming off an injury, I'm going to be watching him. The kid came back from a major injury and was healthy. I would try to take care of him."
Seldon didn't expand on those comments when reached by The Journal, but Cooley said Dunn and his family have been fully informed during consultations with multiple medical professionals.

Bottom line, URI DID Offer Kris Dunn along with PC, Boston College, UCONN, Georgetown, Georgia Tech and Louisville.
Seems logical to me that a kid could reconsider a team like URI that was recruiting him early on and is just a short drive up the road from New London. I hope what Essam is hearing comes true.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Believe what you want. Just interesting that almost 4 weeks after the article, Essam drops this turd and runs. He's been on the board; but hasn't discussed it since. I know you want it to be right; bc you were the one that said Baron was going to shock the world and scoop KD at the last second.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Essam doesn't post often, because he has Parkinsons and has a problem typing.
He's not a pot stirrer, by any means.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Lol, at a quick first glance, I thought that said "pot smoker".
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

BillyBoy having flashbacks!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

seanmc94 wrote:Believe what you want. Just interesting that almost 4 weeks after the article, Essam drops this turd and runs. He's been on the board; but hasn't discussed it since. I know you want it to be right; bc you were the one that said Baron was going to shock the world and scoop KD at the last second.
Sean, Sean, Sean,
When we were recruiting Dunn and the announcement day was approaching I did say that I had a hunch that Dunn would pick URI. You and some others turned this around to make it as if I knew he was going to pick URI. I clearified repeatedly that I said the word hunch - that is like I have a hunch that URI will beat LSU tomorrow night. Now two years later you continue to twist my words and say "Baron is going to shock the world and scoopy KD at the last second." I tried to find the 2 year old recruiting thread but it is gone.
Well, it would have been a surprise if Dunn had picked URI, granted, but you say that URI was not involved with Dunn, that he URI was not in Dunn's Top 3...................
This is not a hunch Sean --- URI WAS involved with Dunn and heavily involved.
Was I wrong on my "hunch" Sean? I suppose you could say that if it makes you feel better but I did not say I knew 100% that he was coming to URI.
I am glad that URI offered Dunn, and that URI recruited him to come to URI.
You are right too that I would love to see Dunn leave PC for URI for two reasons:
#1 I love URI
#2 I don't like PC
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sean,
You posted this on the PC Board.
How do you know that there is no validity to the post that Essam made?
Why would you refer to him as an a-hole just trying to stir the pot?
If you are going to post on our Board then why do you then go back to the PC Board and refer to posters on our Board as a-holes?
Essam is an outstanding poster - well respected here. Even if he wasn't well respected, the point is that you yourself are "stirring the pot" when you run back to your home board and post commentary like this. You really do not know what Essam heard - you are speculating that he is making this up.

Posted: Yesterday 4:12 PM
Re: Someone please tell me this will never happen...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zero validity...just an a-hole stirring the pot
Gentlemen, meet the focus machine
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:Sean,
You posted this on the PC Board.
How do you know that there is no validity to the post that Essam made?
Why would you refer to him as an a-hole just trying to stir the pot?
If you are going to post on our Board then why do you then go back to the PC Board and refer to posters on our Board as a-holes?
Essam is an outstanding poster - well respected here.

Posted: Yesterday 4:12 PM
Re: Someone please tell me this will never happen...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zero validity...just an a-hole stirring the pot
Gentlemen, meet the focus machine
Because that is what Sean does. He's a little weasel.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

In order for Essam to stir the pot he would have posted this on the friars board.....not here....the pot is already stirred against the friars here in case sean has missed it...but I doubt that because of his Quixotic mission to defend all things friar and big east on a board that imminently dislikes both those entities....thereby creating a third entity to be imminently disliked...sean Quixote....

...I don't believe Essam was lying in relaying the rumor he heard....maybe he just heard it from the wrong people in New London....people who may have read his father's quote weeks ago and by the time it made it's way to Essam it had morphed into what he reported....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

and maybe what Essam heard in New London comes true ;)
0 x
Essam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Essam »

I do not want to get in a pis---- contest with a skunk. My first article I clearly labeled the information as a question and not a fact. In the post itself I felt that it was clearly a rumor and not a fact. My personal opinion is that KD would not come to URI but I would not be unhappy if he left PC. In my second post on this topic I questioned sean's ability to read. this is my third post on this topic.
Thanks for the nicewords. Go rhody
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Essay stays, Sean goes. It's a no contest. Why do we have to defend what gets posted on a URI board to a strange PC fan who lacks a life so he trolls a rivals board like a weasel hall monitor. He continuously goes back to the PC board to talk shit. You don't like what is posted here don't read it and go away, the worlds smallest violin will play for you when you leave.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hmmmmmmmm

From KMAC in today's PROJO
One player who has been missing for weeks is Kris Dunn, the sophomore point guard who is out for the season with a shoulder injury. Dunn cannot practice but has chosen to stay home in New London, Conn., instead of being with the Friars during games, which has raised many eyebrows around the program.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... s-home.ece
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

When does PC start second semester classes?

Also, what the hell is the focus machine? That reference is going over my head, apparently.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Where there's smoke......
Sean spelled it wrong. It's a machine that was
used for sexually frustrated women in the 18th century.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

rodfromcranston wrote:Where there's smoke......
Oooooooooooof. :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: at the intentional/unintentional play-on-words, RFC.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

:( :( :( :( :( :( Aw, Bressler, I thought you'd jump all over my machine reference.
I'm disappointed.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

I wanted to post lots of :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Emoticons, but I also lost my focus when I recalled the exploits of one Marie Antoinette, who sought some IN-FOCUS TIME because of hubby Louis XVI's painful forays into the carnal world. Let's just say that Louis should have sought a little snippety-snip at the local barber's a little sooner!
Marie's great-great-great-great-great-great-great niece, who works in the produce section of Stop & Shop Paris, attempts to clear the air about "focus" on U.S. late-night television….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLOBSUqytjU
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote:When does PC start second semester classes?

Also, what the hell is the focus machine? That reference is going over my head, apparently.
PC Academic Calendar (2013-2014)

Please note: Courses in the School of Continuing Education (SCE) and the Graduate Programs may follow different schedules than those listed below. For more information, please refer to the current SCE or Graduate Catalogs, or contact the SCE office at 401-865-2487 or the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies at 401-865-2495.

January 2014

Monday, January 20
Holiday: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Orientation for new freshmen and transfers.
All residents report

Well, there's certainly one less long bed that housekeeping will have to worry about……. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tuesday, January 21 All undergraduate classes begin

Monday, January 27 Online adjustment period ends
Last day to add or drop courses online; CyberFriar registration disabled at midnight

Tuesday, January 28
Administrative adjustment period begins
Written permission required from both the course instructor and dept. chairperson/program director

TWO WEEKS IS ALL THAT IT WILL TAKE FOR ESSAM TO PEE-CEE WITH SOME SATISFACTION….. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

If Dunn transfers that closes the book on now 3 top 100 recruits at PC in the last two years. It is really astounding that of Ledo, Austin and Dunn all PC has to show for it is Dunn's two years of results.

Credit to Ed Cooley for being able to plug holes elsewhere and develop talent from beyond the top 150.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Well, he wouldn't end up at UConn………..
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Maybe that's why Essam got that info, or rumor.

If he leaves, we'll know soon.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

rambone 78 wrote:Maybe that's why Essam got that info, or rumor.

Kid chooses to recover from surgery at home 30 minutes away instead of alone in his dorm. A real head scratcher there. Also, I missed KMac tying him to URI. Where was that?
As far as top 100 talent; PCs fine. 3 more coming in next year. Losing Austin sucks but no use crying over spilled milk.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

seanmc94 wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:Maybe that's why Essam got that info, or rumor.

Kid chooses to recover from surgery at home 30 minutes away instead of alone in his dorm. A real head scratcher there. Also, I missed KMac tying him to URI. Where was that?
As far as top 100 talent; PCs fine. 3 more coming in next year. Losing Austin sucks but no use crying over spilled milk.
Yeah, he's recovering at home, blah-blah-blah. The point was that he's INVISIBLE, NOT EVEN AT THE GAMES.
What, Daddy and Mommy can't drive him to the Dunkin' Derelicts' Center??????????? Coach Cooley and Company can't go pick-up a member of the team?????
:oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops:

Jeeeeez, why not call this guy for a ride????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ6F-df-r8o&safe=active
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Even though it's semester break, he should be with his team, supporting them. Especially at a home game! It's a shoulder injury, he can walk just fine. It's not like he has to be carried to the game, or is in a wheelchair.

Something's going on. We just don't know what yet.

Yes, PC has 3 top 100's. Will they all play? With the track record lately there, who knows?

I was listening to Cooley's show on the way home last night. Driscoll was on there too. At one point Driscoll sounded like he was pleading with PC fans to "please don't bail on us, everything will be fine, blah, blah, blah".

Sounded like a desperate man.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hell, Mike Aaman is on our bench, when he could be at home in NJ.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Just imagine how bailing there would be had we made one more layup in the game last month......

Any player who lives in SE Connecticut would be at the game supporting his team if he was the least bit interested....it is so crystal there is no debate.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah, something's rotten in Denmark [Providence I mean]. :shock:
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

"To be there or not to be there, that is Dunn's question…."
8-) :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-)
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

bressler3south wrote:"To be there or not to be there, that is Dunn's question…."
8-) :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-)
"Can't mommy and daddy drive him?"

Kris Dunns mom passed away a few weeks back. Nice Bressler.

He had the surgery the day before SHU- should he have been at that game?

Travel to Nova was a 10 hour bus ride in a Snow storm...pass, maybe?

Gtown, again 5 days after surgery and with your mom passing recently; maybe you spend some extra time at home.

You guys keep grasping at straws...
Bressler, you keep up the funny jokes about dead relatives; they're hilarious.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Sean: It was KMac who raised the issue, and said it has raised eyebrows at PC. So it seems like people with the program don't agree with your assessment of the situation, unless KMac is making this up.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

My condolences about his mother, if true, sean-smack. Gee, then why don't you TWEET THE REPORTER WHO COULD'VE DROPPED THE TWO DAMNING SENTENCES:
One player who has been missing for weeks is Kris Dunn, the sophomore point guard who is out for the season with a shoulder injury. Dunn cannot practice but has chosen to stay home in New London, Conn., instead of being with the Friars during games, which has raised many eyebrows around the program.
HE'S A NATIONALLY-KNOWN REPORTER, BLAH-BLAH-BLAH………
And Sean-smak, there was NO JOKE about a dead relative.
However, after searching for AUDRA SELDON'S OBITUARY, no info….
And gee, sean-o, even a troller like you would've posted the dynamic info long before now….
P.S. Reynolds would write about an out-of-control prayer candle, McNamara would write his drivel, BUT NO ONE WOULD WRITE A GRAPH ABOUT A PC PLAYER'S MOM PASSING AWAY DURING THIS MESS??????
0 x