Game #11: @Detroit - Sunday Dec 7, 2pm

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Re: Game #11: @Detroit - Sunday Dec 7, 2pm

Unread post by RAM67 »

I am frustrated, and I drank the kool-aid, but I am not going to slit my throat over this, as some of you are. I still believe in Hurley, and think the job will get done. I never expected us to have a great year until I heard so much talk about about our great recruits and transfers, and in retrospect I admit I fell for the hype. If we look back to the talk when Dan was hired, I don't think anyone thought that year 2 would be a major turnaround, and most were talking 3-4 years. We are only into the 11th game. If not for all the hype, we would be seeing this just as it is, a rebuilding year. I'm just not ready to jump off the cliff.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree free throw shooting is a joke, killing us

We have a long way to go

I think we all overestimated this team
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Need to see how the team regroups with a few weeks off...now they know what they need to be to win let's see if they can put it together
0 x
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Surfri72 »

this is all "part of the process"
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

rhodyrudder wrote:Can we make the photos that get copied from the journal a less-than-Mt.-Everest size?
They then make the font on all other posts in the thread microscopic.
We get gigantic Bunky, followed by atom-sized conversation.
Lol
Blame the projo. They aren't copied and pasted, but rather supplied by Projo.com. As for the font, I don't see any effect on font size. Maybe PM me to explain what you mean by that?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

"We gotta put da bawl in da bazkit!"
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

RAM67 wrote:I am frustrated, and I drank the kool-aid, but I am not going to slit my throat over this, as some of you are. I still believe in Hurley, and think the job will get done. I never expected us to have a great year until I heard so much talk about about our great recruits and transfers, and in retrospect I admit I fell for the hype. If we look back to the talk when Dan was hired, I don't think anyone thought that year 2 would be a major turnaround, and most were talking 3-4 years. We are only into the 11th game. If not for all the hype, we would be seeing this just as it is, a rebuilding year. I'm just not ready to jump off the cliff.
I hear what you are saying to some extent. But, rebuilding year means actual building going on. Other than the natural improvement from the freshmen, where is this team getting improvement from going from around the 200th best team in the country, which is about where we are right now, to a top 75 which would put us in the NIT (if not NCAA conversation) and being competitive with top A10 teams. The way I see it. It can come from a few places:

1. 2014 class. Not looking good
2. Hare. Not looking good
3. Player development. To be determined
4. Scheme development. To be determined.
5. Grad transfer or transfer with waiver.

The leap from 200 (and we can quibble if that is #150 or #250) to where next year should be in year three is pretty big and it may be squeezing blood from a rock. I know I get on X but the reality is he could be our best player (if miscast) and he is gone. I wish the 2014 class wasn't a bust.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I think RAM67 sums up what I am feeling. However, I felt last year was a complete pass, and this year we would make some major turnaround in record, based on what we were "hearing"......I thought we would be much further along than we are at this point......I still think we/ve got the right coach in place("no question...")....however, I am beginning to think the DH post game comments, quotes etc. are becoming his own version of coach speak......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We will be better next season. That's it. Better.

As things currently stand, not much better though.

Most players coming back will improve. The big loss will be X.

The lack of a 2014 recruiting class is going to delay our ascendancy timetable.

The 2015-16 recruiting class will determine just how good we will be by the time EC and Hassan are juniors and seniors.

I think we can put to rest the notion that we will Dance by next year. Not happening.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I agree that Dan is falling into coach speak. At this point I don't care what he has to say, since I don't even know what to believe...I care about results. He has been talking a great game, but playing it badly.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

No to belabor things, but the lack of replacing X in the
Fall recruiting period, hurts.
Unless someone emerges from the 357,500 offers we've
supposedly made, we go into next season with Watson up front, and
no SG.
Watson is fine, but not replacing X means EC plays that position.
He's averaging 10 ppg, so if he even doubles that, he doesn't make up for losing
X's points.
Unless you can add an immediate impact transfer like Murphy or a post grad transfer,
I don't see any immediate help for this stagnant offense.
In the end, it all comes down to recruiting and player development.
I've stopped listening to the Mews show and even at the Alpine, I didn't listen to what was being said.
Terino and Milan were much more interesting.
We've come to a point where actions need to speak louder than words.
I love Dan, but at this point, what is there to say that we don't already know?
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

I don't mind EC getting the bulk of X's minutes at the 2G. I think that is his end position, anyway. Just find someone who can shoot. Could be a three or a stretch four. Someone that can open up driving lanes for what these guys do best. Getting to the rim. Can't really thrive in today's college hoops with at least one guy who is a threat.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

A few thoughts, against my better judgment:
-- To think there's nothing Dan will say that we don't already know ... wow.
-- X is an average A-10 SG. I don't worry about Hurley finding a replacement. (E.C. will be a better 2G next year then Munford is now, if Hurley goes that route.)
-- 7 of the players on the team have not even played one semester under Hurley (playing is different than practicing) and we've already decided there's no player development going on and all the transfers are busts?
-- The sky was falling, then URI played well against PC and everything was better, and now the sky is falling again. So much for patience.
-- On the PC board, some are speculating on when Cooley will get fired. Whole state's gone crazy.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Iggy1979 wrote:A few thoughts, against my better judgment:
-- To think there's nothing Dan will say that we don't already know ... wow.
-- X is an average A-10 SG. I don't worry about Hurley finding a replacement. (E.C. will be a better 2G next year then Munford is now, if Hurley goes that route.)
-- 7 of the players on the team have not even played one semester under Hurley (playing is different than practicing) and we've already decided there's no player development going on and all the transfers are busts?
-- The sky was falling, then URI played well against PC and everything was better, and now the sky is falling again. So much for patience.
-- On the PC board, some are speculating on when Cooley will get fired. Whole state's gone crazy.
If you lined up a million outcomes, there are certainly some that have them playing better as a unit, developing better individually, the scheme improving, and the staff finding a late 2014 guy to bolster the roster. I don't think that anyone said that there isn't player development going on. Only that it is to be determined. Who has gotten better? Have you seen the scheme, particularly on the offense, improve? I think the way he assembled the staff is a major question mark and it's playing out. You are right in that it is still pretty early but, short of blind faith (and there isn't anything wrong with that as a fan), it's tough to ignore some question marks.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

So,oh wise one, do tell us the last time Hurley had a press conference or a show that broke new ground?
X is average? That ranks with some of the silliest things I've seen written here.
I don't think a single person on this board wrote that everything was ducky because we lost to PC after scoring 49 points.
People probably felt relieved, because most of us felt we would get blown out. and we finally played with
last years defensive intensity.
0 x
Essam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Essam »

I am ready to jump off the cliff. Every one could bury a jumper in Italy. That's what we need. Teams to play no defense and maybe we could win. Nice group of Kids .I am 82 .years old and wonder how long I can wait for the rebuilding.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

In the 8-player rotation that Hurley is now using, 5 are freshmen and sophomores. They will get better, a lot better.
They were a basket or two away from upsetting PC. If they shoot 60 percent on FTs against Detroit, they win.
They're close.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

The best news is that team performance is not linear based on past performance so far.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Iggy, I agree with you that they will get better.

How much better, I'm not that sure. If they don't, it's going to be 2012-2013 all over again.

There is more talent or potential talent than last year. Just not as much as we thought.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:So,oh wise one, do tell us the last time Hurley had a press conference or a show that broke new ground?
X is average? That ranks with some of the silliest things I've seen written here.
I don't think a single person on this board wrote that everything was ducky because we lost to PC after scoring 49 points.
People probably felt relieved, because most of us felt we would get blown out. and we finally played with
last years defensive intensity.
X is a decent SG taking a way above average number of shots. If you can't see that by now, I don't know what to tell you. Guy has taken 600 shots for URI. That's a big enough sample to come to a conclusion. There is nothing wrong with being a decent D1 player. That's better than 99.99% of the world. He doesn't distribute. He turns the ball over more than he assists baskets. He doesn't produce turnovers. He defends his position pretty well. And shoots well below average for his position. Shooting 38% over 15 shots per game is offense crippling. I was leery of the argument that he was the only option last year. SOMEONE had to shoot it. But, it's same old, same old. He's dead last in the A10 in offensive efficiency for players who use as many possessions as he does. 42nd out of 42 spots. He was 41st out of 54 last year. It's really more on the staff at this point. Would you really think someone like Brad Stevens would look at that and then design a game plan to get him the same amount of shots going forward? I don't think so. The end of the PC game was just a small sample. At home, down two (then one), let's run our least efficient player around the arc, see what happens. Meanwhile, Cooley is eating a funnel cake during the time out, giggling because he knows exactly what's coming.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

All I know is, that collapse in the third quarter: I can't give you the exact numbers of how much Detroit and URI scored during the Titan run, but I do know that the URI lead was +4 and when it was over the Detroit lead was +4, so an 8 point difference for the Titans.

When the tall white stiff got in Biruta's head, and his response was to play zone while the rest of the team continued to play man, and left the tall white stiff under the basket with a tailgate camper and a BBQ grille going under there in what looked like a parking lot outside of Gillette Stadium that used to be the paint, a combination of tall white stiff and their two other tall forwards scored 8 easy points. At least two of those buckets, the tall white stiff lazily tossed in there uncontested with no one within 6 feet of him, he could have had a wheelchair under him and still made the shots.

Hurley's response was to watch them play it out like a spectator in disbelief in the stands, except he was standing his usual 3-4 feet out onto the court. We've had other coaches who were very slow to react before and call T.O., but damn. Meanwhile, every trip down the floor on the opposite end was a streetball forced shot that came away with nothing.

You can say that if they make 3 more FTs they win, but it was that 8 point collapse that became the difference between a comfortable lead (they obviously need to have any hope of beating anyone on their schedule) and fighting to just try to make it even and respectable.

If Hurley truly believes in rewarding play, he needs to bench Biruta for not maintaining his composure, enough with acting like he's rainman, and treat him the same as everyone else. Maybe there was a reason the Rutgers coach threw a ball at his head and verbally berated him, because he decided to pull frustrating displays like that. The kicker is, there are a thousand people watching and they are going to replay the game films over and over again, do you really think you can hide that and get away with that and no one is going to notice?

Maybe it's time to install Mike P back into the lineup. At least with him, you knew what you were getting.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

I've seen a big improvement from SMU to now. If the team can make another jump like that ...
As for X, I would not expect him to make an all-conference team this year. That makes him average in my mind.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Tommy Garrick didn't make All A-10 in his senior year, despite averaging 20 ppg.
Guess he was average, too.
Leave it to GBG to jump on the pile. I think he has some app that when the word Munford is typed,
GBG gets an electric shock alerting him to write something negative about X.
Same song. Same verse.
jcru, don't talk about Biruta's game. TP will chastise you for denegrating a URI student.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Iggy, don't say that Munford isn't the best player in the country or Rod will passive aggressively talk about you in his response to other posters.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Who the hell ever said he was the best player in the country?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

You guys need to take a joke. Seriously.

We're flipping out here. Our team sucks, we're questioning the coach's sanity, is Baron still here?

Nutso time. :? :shock: :o

However, Biruta must have pictures. The problem is, Dan can't take him out. Who else we got?
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:Tommy Garrick didn't make All A-10 in his senior year, despite averaging 20 ppg.
Guess he was average, too.
Leave it to GBG to jump on the pile. I think he has some app that when the word Munford is typed,
GBG gets an electric shock alerting him to write something negative about X.
Same song. Same verse.
jcru, don't talk about Biruta's game. TP will chastise you for denegrating a URI student.
I get it. DH sold you a bill of good's over his fireside chats with you. This year was going to be different for X. You bought into that he was going to be a more efficient player, a better player, now that there was more talent on the roster. On a tournament team, X is the fourth option. Or, a guy best suited giving you 20 minutes off the bench. He has talent. The problem is that he is miscast. Your line after the PC game of "that was the shot I wanted" was about the most ridiculous thing I've heard. You wanted a guy who can't shoot to take a 22 footer off the dribble. Your mind has been infested by the "horse's mouth". Open up your eyes. The single biggest killer to this offense is that he continues to run a zillion high screens for X, the defender goes under, and he either takes a shot off the dribble or bulldozes to the hoop. Until that changes, this offense isn't going anywhere.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

GBG, you're right to a point. This team is offensively challenged, to put it mildly.

X is still our best option, until EC and Hassan become sophomores. Or Biggie learns how to shoot.

That's not saying much [about X, that is]

Who else we got? [Again}
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hey , the guy had a WIDE OPEN 3 POINTER?
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO DO, TURN IT DOWN?
GET A BRAIN!!! I'm so sick of your shit.
Wow this clown has a post I made last week memorized.
At least we know Sean is a PC fan, this jerk just trolls to piss people off.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:Hey , the guy had a WIDE OPEN 3 POINTER?
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO DO, TURN IT DOWN?
GET A BRAIN!!! I'm so sick of your shit.
Wow this clown has a post I made last week memorized.
At least we know Sean is a PC fan, this jerk just trolls to piss people off.
It's not wide open if you are taking it off the dribble. Nice try, though. Unless you are Steph Curry, that is not a good look for a team that is at home and only needs two. On top of that there was plenty of time left on the clock. Stop being a brainwashed sheep. You couldn't actually draw up a worse idea. Yes. Turn it down. It's not rocket science. Knowing time and context is an important part of being a coach and player. I hope to dear God that DH didn't have that "that was the shot that I wanted" thought that you had. You know why? It's a horrible bleeping shot considering every possible bit of context you can imagine. Your chances of winning the game go down the instant he releases it. You know what is worse? They tried the same exact stinking thing the next possession. He tried his best to dribble around the arc looking for a jumper until he couldn't find one and had to give it to EC. Cooley is grinning ear to ear the whole time. Next time DH is tucking you into bed, ask him what the hell he was thinking.
0 x
Keaney.Blue
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Keaney.Blue »

It's pretty amusing reading you guys go back and forth, do go on
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Suck on this, asswipe!

RodfromCranston,
You have a new follower on Twitter.

Dan Hurley
@dhurley15
Born and raised in Jersey City,NJ. St. Anthony HS & Seton Hall U alum. Former coach at St. Benedict's Prep & Wagner. Proud to be leading the Rhode Island Rams!
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

THIS JUST IN--BREAKING NEWS--

URI reels off 4 wins in a row, including a major upset of the incredibly loaded front court at LSU, down in the bayou.

10-5!

I can dream. I can dream.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Well, not if they just watched our last game.

Anyone playing us from here on in would know, all you need to do is bust Gil's balls a little bit, tickle him, jaw with him, poke him in the ribs a few times, and he'll go hang out at the top of the key for the next five mins instead of pushing back.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:Suck on this, asswipe!

RodfromCranston,
You have a new follower on Twitter.

Dan Hurley
@dhurley15
Born and raised in Jersey City,NJ. St. Anthony HS & Seton Hall U alum. Former coach at St. Benedict's Prep & Wagner. Proud to be leading the Rhode Island Rams!
This just proves you can't possibly have perspective. You get off on another man following you on twitter like you are a teenage girl. You are a Hurley sycophant through and through. Suck on the fact that a follow on twitter from a college basketball coach is the highlight of your year.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

And you're an troll piece of shit!
You have a problem with Hurley? What did his team kick the crap out of yours?
Something pathologically screwed up in you fucked up brain.
A weasel hiding behind a keyboard taking shots at coaches, players and posters.
Pure internet scum.
Last edited by rodfromcranston 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Gonebarongone wrote: You know what is worse? They tried the same exact stinking thing the next possession. He tried his best to dribble around the arc looking for a jumper until he couldn't find one and had to give it to EC.
GBG, I'm not looking to insert myself in your fights with Rod, or take a side or anything, but I think I have seen you mention this (quoted above) a few times in relation to the final play in the PC game. Hurley said after the game that the goal of the play was to get in the lane because they lived in the lane all night long. Do you think he is lying when he says that and the real goal was to have X dribble around for a perimeter shot?
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Yeah, Hurley just make this stuff up, for shits and giggles.
Don't you know GBG knows more about basketball than a guy making a good living to
do that job?
This joker knows the unknown soldier, too!
The clue that there's an agenda and a twisted mind behind it is, he actually thinks that he knows more than our coach.
Talk about hubris!
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:And you're an troll piece of shit!
Pure internet scum.
I don't think Hurley is a great coach. Been pretty clear about that. Seems like a good guy but guys who get paid a lot of money to coach should be open to criticism. I forgot that you are the grand arbiter of what you can be criticized around here. Biruta? Yes. Hurley? No. Powell? Yes. Munford? No. Maybe you can provide us with a flow chart of who and when someone can disagree with how the team is being run. That would help.

It must be frustrating to gobble Hurley like you do and get life affirmation from his high fives yet run out of ways to defend him. So, you resort to melting down behind a keyboard and calling me every name under the sun. Fine by me. I have thick skin and don't really value your baseless opinions all that much, anyway.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Yeah clownboy, but you troll my every post.
You're so far up my ass, you can tell what I had for dinner.
The Gollum of posters.
You need help, buddy.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

adam914 wrote:
Gonebarongone wrote: You know what is worse? They tried the same exact stinking thing the next possession. He tried his best to dribble around the arc looking for a jumper until he couldn't find one and had to give it to EC.
GBG, I'm not looking to insert myself in your fights with Rod, or take a side or anything, but I think I have seen you mention this (quoted above) a few times in relation to the final play in the PC game. Hurley said after the game that the goal of the play was to get in the lane because they lived in the lane all night long. Do you think he is lying when he says that and the real goal was to have X dribble around for a perimeter shot?
That's a fair point. I would hope that he didn't draw it up that way (although that was the shot we should have wanted, right Rod!-the three off the bounce!?). I do think he has to tell X that if it's not there to go along to plan B or call a timeout (can't remember if there was one left). On the last play he was literally dribbling into a mountain of people who knew they were going to run the same look that was run the previous set. It's honestly not just the PC game. We have lost so many of these close games because these plays disintegrate into X forcing something. All the way through last year.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:Yeah clownboy, but you troll my every post.
You're so far up my ass, you can tell what I had for dinner.
The Gollum of posters.
You need help, buddy.
Why don't you copy and paste Hurley's follow again? That showed me.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Ok fair enough, and I agree the play just didn't work. Cooley said as much, he knew what was coming. I just wanted to make the point again, because I saw others say it after the PC game as well, that it looked like Baronball with the dribble around until the clock runs out and fire one up plays. I tried to make the same point there to...sometimes plays get called and just don't work. For whatever reason. This to me was one of those times, and it seems to be because Cooley knew what was coming and his players defended it perfectly.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

No one will know what I had for supper, because reading all of this has made me absolutely sick to my stomach…………………………………………………………………….. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Gbd, you say Hurley is not a great coach. What are you basing this on? He's been coaching D1 for 4 fucking years. Shit, Cooley then is a dinosaur since he's been in D1 for how long? Has Cooley ever been to the big dance as a head coach. He's been at pc almost as long as Hurley has been in D1. I question your motive, your posts and your name.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Gonebarongone wrote:
rodfromcranston wrote:And you're an troll piece of shit!
Pure internet scum.
I don't think Hurley is a great coach. Been pretty clear about that. Seems like a good guy but guys who get paid a lot of money to coach should be open to criticism. I forgot that you are the grand arbiter of what you can be criticized around here. Biruta? Yes. Hurley? No. Powell? Yes. Munford? No. Maybe you can provide us with a flow chart of who and when someone can disagree with how the team is being run. That would help.

It must be frustrating to gobble Hurley like you do and get life affirmation from his high fives yet run out of ways to defend him. So, you resort to melting down behind a keyboard and calling me every name under the sun. Fine by me. I have thick skin and don't really value your baseless opinions all that much, anyway.
I don't agree with GBG about Hurley or Munford, but I do agree about the bold part. Rod, you have waged Holy War in the name of Hurley and Munford, but you've crushed Biruta at every opportunity for the last few days and in the past have defended the right to dog Powell incessantly. Not only that, but when I told you that I didn't disagree with you about his defense but thought you were beating a dead horse, you complained that I said you were making it personal with the kid, which I didn't say. I get your frustration arguing with GBG (like I said, I basically agree with you), and you know I like you as a poster, but you have to tone down the language a little bit and not take it as a personal insult every time someone has a different opinion than you.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

theblueram wrote:Gbd, you say Hurley is not a great coach. What are you basing this on? He's been coaching D1 for 4 fucking years. Shit, Cooley then is a dinosaur since he's been in D1 for how long? Has Cooley ever been to the big dance as a head coach. He's been at pc almost as long as Hurley has been in D1. I question your motive, your posts and your name.
If you have been reading my posts (and I wouldn't blame you if you haven't), I have been consistent in saying he hasn't done anything to deserve that type of label. That is something earned in my mind. And the last 1.5 years hasn't shown me he can build a staff or install a winning system. Now, there are always learning curves and he is still a young guy with smarts and energy. But, that doesn't guarantee anything. And, I have been shouted down by a few for that crazy thought. If DH has done anything to prove he is a great coach, I am all ears. His players and system have shown very little improvement. His end game coaching is very iffy.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

That is such a solid rivalry power move. To say you stopped your rival's last chance at taking the game because you knew what they were going to run and (stopped it). I guess you can say anything after something happens in your favor.

Granted doesn't seem to be a stretch that they knew and stopped it that way. Just for him to say we always run the same thing and they knew they were just going to stop it and go on their way is extremely dismissive of RI.

Hopefully we can swing that thing back our way.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Is Gbd-GBG or is SPG-Gbd-g or rfc or a914 is jcrew/cru or that flywilliams66-guy or DH-in-HD??????????????
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~ina22/SSHB-1.htm
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Dan is finding out, that achieving success here, is a different animal than turning Wagner around.

He's got his own learning curve, which is most likely steeper than what he anticipated.

I'm sure he's more determined than ever to prove his critics wrong. And fulfill the potential that we think he has, for himself and this program.

Dan Hurley imo, right now, gets an I as a grade. Losing several key players that he counted on can't help.

Do I think he will turn that I into an A [or close to it] in the next couple of years? I'm hoping, and counting on it, but there are some doubts. I will keep an open mind for now.

Pretty simple on the surface, but it's not. Dan has to prove he can win at this level. That includes game coaching, recruiting, et al.
Last edited by rambone 78 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x