ROADTRIPS! Non-televised away games

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ROADTRIPS! Non-televised away games

Unread post by Blue Man »

So...based on some astute calculations (thanks, ATP) there are only 2 (Div I) games (thanks metro state) this year that will not be on TV.

@Detroit and @StBonaventure

Seeing as how no one is impervious to bullets or knife wounds, I'm going to say Detroit is out. However, a late afternoon game in Olean on a Saturday could be an interesting trip for a few on this board.

PS - Canisus is playing a game at 2pm at home the very same day. The campuses are 70 miles from each other, and URI/Bona tip is at 4. I mean I'm not saying it's fate but...
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: ROADTRIPS! Non-televised away games

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Better do some research on getting to Olean.
It's a hell trip, especially in bad weather.
I wish URI still sponsored an Atlantic City trip when they go to Philly.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I have been through Olean along Route 17 on my way to a weekend wedding in Jamestown, NY. It is out in the middle of nowhere and Route 17 is probably not a great road in winter. I however would imagine it to be fun to see a game there as the whole town embraces Bonnies Bball as it is the only game in in the only decent sized town for quite some distance.
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

My trips booked so far: SMU, both AZ NIT's and LSU.
Tentative- Providence
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

I would rather fly to Detroit than go to Olean, it is like a nuclear waste site.

With that said, if you ever are near there, you want find a better atmosphere for a college hoop game that at Bonnies. There's nothing else to do up there in the winter, and everyone loves their Bonnies.
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Olean trip sucks even when ya live in NY!!.......Olean is not the end of the earth, but ya can see it from Olean......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

I did Olean in March 2011. The atmosphere in the gym is awesome so on that end its worth the experience. Otherwise I wouldn't rush to go there. The town is a slow town with like 2 restaurants downtown. Then weather is always a factor. It rained all day while we were there but my friend and I were thankful that the temps stayed in the mid 30's during the day. After the game we drove 3 hours back to RI to cut down the drive the next day. When we woke up Sunday morning to drive the rest of the way we heard on the news Olean got 14 inches of snow overnight. Getting 3 hours away was the best decision ever.
0 x
wakefield
Steve Chubin

Unread post by wakefield »

@StBonaventure game will be online and it looks like it will free to watch.
0 x
wakefield
Steve Chubin

Unread post by wakefield »

@Detroit will be online via Horizon league network.
0 x