Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Unread post by ramster »

Akeem Richmond had his first Game at ECU, a 72-50 victory for the ECU Pirates over Washington and Lee
Akeem did not start. 3-7fg. 3-4 on 3 pointers. 1-2 ft. 2 rebounds. 3 steals. 10 points in 17 minutes.

http://eastcarolina.scout.com/2/1238242.html

Note: minor edits by TruePoint
0 x
URI96
ARD

Billy Baron season results thread

Unread post by URI96 »

This should get everyone fired up. In a 77-54 exhibition win over Ned Ryerson, BB played a team high 33 mins shot 7-15 (6-10 from 3) 2-2 at the line for 22 pts. 3 reb 5 assists and 5 turnovers.

In a 87-63 win over Eckerd College, BB scored 20 on 8-15 (2-5 from 3) 2-2, 4 reb 5 as 2 to. Team high 28 min.
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Billy Baron season results thread

Unread post by ramster »

2012-12 Preseason All-Big Four Men's Basketball Teams - Niagara, Buffalo, Canisius and St Bonaventure make up the Big 4

First Team
Demitrius Conger, St. Bonaventure (12.1 ppg., 6.2 rpg.)
Juan'ya Green, Niagara (17.7 ppg., 4.5 apg.)
Antoine Mason, Niagara (15.1 ppg., 4.6 rpg.)
Javon McCrea, Buffalo (14.7 ppg., 6.9 rpg.) - Preseason Player of the Year
Harold Washington, Canisius (17.0 ppg., 4.3 rpg.)

Second Team
Billy Baron, Canisius (13.0 ppg., 4.4 rpg. at Rhode Island)
Alshwan Hymes, Canisius (15.4 ppg., 3.2 rpg.)
Charlon Kloof, St. Bonaventure (6.4 ppg., 2.7 apg.)
Jarod Oldham, Buffalo (4.7 ppg., 5.9 apg.)
Will Regan, Buffalo (1.3 ppg., 0.9 rpg. at Virginia in 2010-11)
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Akeem Richmond Season Results Thread 2012-2013

Unread post by Obadiah »

ramster, you should note that the game was against Washington & Lee, a D-III school. Why ECU plays a regular season game against that caliber team is a mystery to me.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Akeem Richmond Season Results Thread 2012-2013

Unread post by ramster »

Obadiah,
I am not saying he did well or did not do well. Just thought I would post the numbers, that is all. I would have posted the numbers if he had scored o points, 10 points or 86 points.
In fact, it was more about him not starting as someone a month or two ago said he had been made captain of the team - I don't know but the fact he does not start was of interest only.
I wish I had a dollar for every post that has been made on the URI Board that had absolutely NOTHING to do with URI sports of any kind.

I have read about people's dogs, cats, boats, cars, buildings on the URI campus, Red Sox, PC, Patriots, snow, ice, politics, ...................and they did not have their own threads.

Whatever
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Short term Billy was a big loss. URI might've won Friday. Long term it doesn't matter.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wake me up when Billy plays a real team
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Where Are They Now? Former player results for 2012-2013

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

McKoy had 13 pts. and 14 rebounds in his last game.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

reef, Canisius opens Monday night at home versus BU.
0 x
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Matunuck »

Billy missed 2 free throws tonight.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Canisius wins by 8 and BB tosses in 21

Why cant we get players and coaches like that ???

Just kidding
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Anton Wilson, greatest 3 point shooter ever, didn't get off the bench against St. John's for Detroit.
At least the majority of the game I watched.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Kaza Keane had 5 points, 5 assists in 25 minutes (also 3 turnovers and 3 fouls) in his first game for Illinois State.
0 x
RhodyNJ
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RhodyNJ »

Billyboy78 wrote:McKoy had 13 pts. and 14 rebounds in his last game.
Where is McKoy now?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhodyNJ wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:McKoy had 13 pts. and 14 rebounds in his last game.
Where is McKoy now?
http://www.cowleytigers.com/mbasketball ... b1213.html
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Never heard of Cowley, is it in Georgia ??
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

reef wrote:Never heard of Cowley, is it in Georgia ??
Community college in Kansas.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I wish Dom well, I liked what little I saw out of him last yr
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Sophomore transfer Dominique McKoy continued his torrid start to his Tiger career by scoring 26 points on 12-of-15 shooting from the floor. McKoy is now averaging 16.7 points and 8.7 rebounds.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

He's unstoppable with that frame up against community college kids in Kansas.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:He's unstoppable with that frame up against community college kids in Kansas.
Oh, I agree. I think he'd be an average player at best if he had stayed here against A10 caliber competition.
0 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

Houlton scored 24 with 12 rebounds in his first action on 11/8 vs. Polk St. Palm Beach State is ranked #8 nationally in Div I, inthe NJCA
He is listed as a "S" in their roster, which I think means he will probably graduate this May, then be eligible to return to D1.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

CTRamfan wrote:Houlton scored 24 with 12 rebounds in his first action on 11/8 vs. Polk St. Palm Beach State is ranked #8 nationally in Div I, inthe NJCA
He is listed as a "S" in their roster, which I think means he will probably graduate this May, then be eligible to return to D1.
Given Holton's age, he's probably better off just playing this year, getting plenty of scout tape and then getting an agent. He probably wouldn't have any trouble finding a job out in Europe making real money, and I don't think there is a ton of upside in him going back to the D-1 college route, since I don't think he'd be a serious NBA prospect after more college. (If anything, if he wants to make it in the NBA, he could probably get more looks by playing in Europe.)
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

SGreenwell wrote:
CTRamfan wrote:Houlton scored 24 with 12 rebounds in his first action on 11/8 vs. Polk St. Palm Beach State is ranked #8 nationally in Div I, inthe NJCA
Given Holton's age, he's probably better off just playing this year, getting plenty of scout tape and then getting an agent. He probably wouldn't have any trouble finding a job out in Europe making real money, and I don't think there is a ton of upside in him going back to the D-1 college route, since I don't think he'd be a serious NBA prospect after more college. (If anything, if he wants to make it in the NBA, he could probably get more looks by playing in Europe.)
You give him no shot of getting a degree? IDK, I know he's been in trouble, but he's a kid. If I'm advising him, I tell him to go get a degree. Playing in Europe is like stripping - its decent money for someone in their early twenties and its a fun lifestyle, but you can't do it forever. You're going to want a degree.

He can go play in Europe in three years after he graduates. But for chrissakes get a degree.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think he plays out the year and then some decent school will get him for his junior and sr yrs
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote:He's unstoppable with that frame up against community college kids in Kansas.
Probably true ATP, but one wonders what he would have been capable of if he had been on a Hurley Coached team. I don't think a kids like this had much of a shot with Baron, especially once billy became eligible and took up a lot of playing time minutes.
McKoy rebounded well and he was a good passer - maybe one of the best on the team. he also controlled the ball quite well for a guy his size. Not saying he would have even started this year or would have had the talent to play on next year's URI team but McKoy is difficult to judge knowing the Coaching situation we had here.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:
Probably true ATP, but one wonders what he would have been capable of if he had been on a Hurley Coached team. I don't think a kids like this had much of a shot with Baron, especially once billy became eligible and took up a lot of playing time minutes.
McKoy rebounded well and he was a good passer - maybe one of the best on the team. he also controlled the ball quite well for a guy his size. Not saying he would have even started this year or would have had the talent to play on next year's URI team but McKoy is difficult to judge knowing the Coaching situation we had here.
I'm not quite sure how Billy took one second of playing time away from McKoy. Explain?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billy took playing time away from several guys once he became eligible in December in time for the PC Game along with Malone.
McKoy was sometimes playing small forward or off guard. Sometimes McKoy took Holton's place when Jonathan went to the bench, but there were other times that McKoy played as one of 3 guards along with TJ, Powell and sometimes Billy.
Billy took minutes obviously from many guys on the team, that is not a knock on Billy but just a fact - there are only so many minutes available per game. Malone also took minutes.
I am just saying that McKoy could very well blossom into a good college player if he becomes stronger, and I think he will........McKoy could also bet better with age, confidence and playing time.
As for Billy, I liked him, don't get me wrong, and I very much liked Holton - losting those two guys devasted this year but so be it, we move on and it is a new era.
I wish Billy, Jonathan and McKoy the very, very best in their future careers.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If you say so, but I don't ever remember McKoy playing guard.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI played 3 guards often with Powell, TJ and Billy in the game at the same time. Sometimes then Mckoy came in for one of them. Somtimes McKoy brought the ball up the court.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote:URI played 3 guards often with Powell, TJ and Billy in the game at the same time. Sometimes then Mckoy came in for one of them. Somtimes McKoy brought the ball up the court.
Ok now I'm convinced you were watching a different team last year. McKoy brought the ball up the court? What was that like twice all season because he happened to get a pass against the press or something?
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Speaking of Billy he scored 9pts with 5 assists and 4TO. Shot 2-7 from the field. Griffs beat the Bonnies in the process
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Here we go Golden Griffs here we go !!!!
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

McKoy never brought the ball up court. You are dreaming. If he played the 3 it was because Baron was forced to use him there, our prior coach had his mind set on guys positions and never adjusted regardless of the opposing lineup or flow of the game. One of his biggest flaws in the Xs and Os department. I always wanted him to use OO with Martell, but oh no you cant do that since in his mind they were both 5s. In actuality OO was always a face the basket 4.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote:McKoy never brought the ball up court. You are dreaming. If he played the 3 it was because Baron was forced to use him there, our prior coach had his mind set on guys positions and never adjusted regardless of the opposing lineup or flow of the game. One of his biggest flaws in the Xs and Os department. I always wanted him to use OO with Martell, but oh no you cant do that since in his mind they were both 5s. In actuality OO was always a face the basket 4.
This whole thing started simply as this........did McKoy lose minutes when Billy Baron became eligible, yes of no.
I said he did lose minutes to Billy when he became eligible beginning with the PC game on December 23rd.
McKoy's minutes per game
20 Average = 17.1 minutes per game for McKoy
2 ----PC Game Billy becomes eligible
17 Average for McKoy after Billy = 11.9 minutes per game = reduction of 5.2 minutes per game or 30%
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

East Carolina beats Appalachian State, 72-62 to remain unbeaten. Akeem Richmond played 11 minutes and had two treys for six points.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Baron now 3-0 at Canisius after beating Buffalo, Billy led all scorers with 18 points. He filled up the stat sheet as he should going from ACC to A10 to complete and utter irrelevance.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=323252099
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Only because I have to be in Poughkeepsie area for 12/09, I thought I would take in the Marist game against the Baron's West.............
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I had Canisius to beat Buffalo, thought that was a good take
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Marquis Jones in the house last nite...........
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

The KING of KINGston!
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Once upon a time, in the not so distant past, the person occupaying the seat next to me("at the time she didn't know whether the ball was stuffed with air or feathers") used to complain about "why he took so long to start things.........") I used to tell her, you/re gonna miss him when he/s gone.........oh give me that dribble drive scoop hoop at buzzer against Dayton...............
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Please! The only point guards I miss are Tyson, Silk and Jiggy. Sometimes Dwan.
I have an aisle seat and this fat woman and her similar son, come over and decide to hold a filibuster
with some guy sitting down.
Have some consideration that some of us might actually want to see
the floor!
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Canisius suffered their first loss of the season today, 82-75, as they took to the road for the first time and lost to Stony Brook. Billy Baron scored 22 points in 37 minutes PT and was 10-11 from the FT line.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Say it aint so CFL !!!!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I miss BB's FT shooting ability. It's sad that so few of our current players could give a $h1t about FREE points.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The free throw shooting all around the country mostly stinks
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote:Marquis Jones in the house last nite...........
Sounds like Marquis had a good talk with the team...

0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Kaza Keane has started all 6 games for Illinois State.
He's averaging 6 assisists per game and has 15 turnovers.
His team is 5-1, losing their first game in OT Saturday.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Orion??
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938