A-10 Outlook for 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: A10 Outlook for 2024-25

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 weeks ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 weeks ago Huge addition for Odom and VCU.

For comparison’s sake, Bassy filled the stat sheet better in just about every category but shooting % in the #21 ranked conference, while the MEAC is ranked #32.
Yes he did, that is why I am a fan of the Bassy addition.
Blue Man, you starting to see the light with him and getting on board?
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I would offer that Bassy is a good fit for now, given the circumstances. Any long term fix is no longer a thing in college hoops.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Good point, 105. It looks like Archie did a good job plugging the PG hole for this coming season.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great points guys , I’m happy with the Bassy addition and like a starting lineup of
DG
Fuchs
Jaden
Bassy
DLaw
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Hope that group will have to ratchet it up on defense.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago Hope that group will have to ratchet it up on defense.
Getting that new assistant should help the defense improve you would think , what we will lose in recruiting from Kenny should be offset in Coach W bench coaching
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 1 week ago
section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago Hope that group will have to ratchet it up on defense.
Getting that new assistant should help the defense improve you would think , what we will lose in recruiting from Kenny should be offset in Coach W bench coaching
Yes, I/ll make that trade off.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

reef wrote: 2 weeks ago Great points guys , I’m happy with the Bassy addition and like a starting lineup of
DG
Fuchs
Jaden
Bassy
DLaw
That is the best 5 for me too, Reef, pending any further starter level additions.

I am not expecting any more starter level additions, however, but I do hope we are keeping the door open for one if the opportunity presents.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Loyola may be the only A10 team that currently has their entire 24-25 roster filled, all 13 scholarships.
They seem to have a solid rotation and could finish in the top 4 again.

They return:
(CG/Wing)) Watson - 2nt Team All-A10 (23-24) averaged 12.6 pts (39% 3PT)/4.6 rebs.
(C) Miles- All-Defensive Team A10 and All Rookie Team A10 (23-24).
(CG) Dawson - Started 15 games, averaged 8 pts (37% 3PT).
Plus CG's averaging double-digit minutes: Quinn and Edwards.

Added from Portal:
(PG) Justin Moore (Drexel) - Averaged 12.4 pts and 3.5 assists.
(PF/F) Nwaokorie (San Diego) - Averaged 11.3 pts/ 5.5 rebs.
(PF/F) DeLoach (Georgia/VCU) - In 22-23 (VCU) averaged 10 pts/ 7 rebs, 3rd Team All A10.
(F) Houinsou (Washington State) - Averaged 4.3 pts/3.4 rebs.

Have the #1 recruiting class (2024) in the A10, freshmen: (F) Young, (F) Hendawy, (G) Turner, (G) Glaskov.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Loyola and SLU look like the class of the A10 as it stands right now, along with Dayton and VCU of course.

URI? Without any more new impact transfers mid pack.

Best guess anyway.

Am I happy with this?

No fucking way.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago Loyola may be the only A10 team that currently has their entire 24-25 roster filled, all 13 scholarships.

They return:
(CG/Wing)) Watson - 2nt Team All-A10 (23-24) averaged 12.6 pts (39% 3PT)/4.6 rebs.

Added from Portal:
(PF/F) DeLoach (Georgia/VCU) - In 22-23 (VCU) averaged 10 pts/ 7 rebs, 3rd Team All A10.

Have the #1 recruiting class (2024) in the A10, freshmen: (F) Young, (F) Hendawy, (G) Turner, (G) Glaskov.
Jersey, what’s your very your early top 4-5 look like ?

So far I am thinking - in no particular order - Dayton (depending on if Holmes stays), SLU and Loyola (based on your recommendation above) but am unsure of anyone else yet because I haven’t paid much attention to them.

That said, I like what we have done so far and think we have closed the gap between us and the top but I need to take a closer look at the other A10 teams to see how many we have potentially jumped to finish closer to the top.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago Loyola may be the only A10 team that currently has their entire 24-25 roster filled, all 13 scholarships.

They return:

Added from Portal:

Jersey, what’s your very your early top 4-5 look like ?

So far I am thinking - in no particular order - Dayton (depending on if Holmes stays), SLU and Loyola (based on your recommendation above) but am unsure of anyone else yet because I haven’t paid much attention to them.

That said, I like what we have done so far and think we have closed the gap between us and the top but I need to take a closer look at the other A10 teams to see how many we have potentially jumped to finish closer to the top.
Still very early Drums.
Like last season, I think the A10 will be deep and wide open.
SLU will make a big jump and VCU & Dayton (depending on Holmes) are usually up there.
Loyola, St. Joes, and GM could all be top tier.
Duquesne could also be decent again, but I think Richmond will drop a bit.

Plus, I think Rhody will make some noise this season and we could also finish top 5.

I expect UMass, Bonnies, LaSalle, and Davidson to struggle.
GW will surprise and maybe move to the middle with Fordham.

Lots can still happen with all the roster adjustments, but the A10 should be good again.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Good breakdown, Jersey. Thanks! 👍🏼
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We are going to be about a .500 team in conference and maybe slightly above that overall.

As of now, my take anyway.

Again, not good enough.

I still hope we get another impact transfer which could improve that prediction.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago We are going to be about a .500 team in conference and maybe slightly above that overall.

Again, not good enough.

I still hope we get another impact transfer which could improve that prediction.
Yet it’s sounding here like people are satisfied with their suggested starting 5 :cry:
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago We are going to be about a .500 team in conference and maybe slightly above that overall.

Again, not good enough.

Bone, we have 4 openings left ?

My wish list for 2 of the final 4 spots that could boost us up past mid-pack and into top 4-5 with improvement from the core returners…

I would like a good 3pt shooter and a good rim protector/defender for the front court.

For the final 2 I would like to see a couple of developmental players that could potentially stick here for a few years.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Again, not good enough.

My wish list for 2 of the final 4 spots that could boost us up past mid-pack and into top 4-5 with improvement from the core returners…

I would like a good 3pt shooter and a good rim protector/defender for the front court.

For the final 2 I would like to see a couple of developmental players that could potentially stick here for a few years.
My wish is that...of the 4 open spots, we fill them with 3 players that can start next season, and all these dudes folks are penciling in to start now...take a step back. Is there anyone NOT wishing/hoping/pleading for that??? Like...why would that not be a good thing?
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

NYG, 3 more starter quality players would be great from our perspective as fans. But, I don’t think 3 more starter level players in the portal would even consider coming here as it would be too crowded for PT. Plus, not sure we can even afford them.

Also, yes it is too late for one of the core starters we have now to enter the portal to transfer since it’s closed but by bringing in three more new starters, Archie likely loses the locker room and potentially the bench.

I am not even sure we can attract and afford 2 more starters from the portal.

But then, maybe we have a larger NIL pool than what I think and I will be shockingly celebrating as we buy 3 more starter upgrades over the next few weeks that will get us back to the NCAAT.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago NYG, 4 more starter quality players would be great from our perspective. But, I don’t think 4 more would come here as it would be too crowded for PT. Plus, not sure we can even afford them.

Also, yes it is too late for one of the core starters we have now to enter the portal since it’s closed but bringing in four other starters and Archie likely loses the locker room and potentially the bench.
STOP. Please... I think Arch was the best hire available. But...if he could bring in 4 starters, better than what's here now, and didn't, because of how the locker room and bench would have hurt feelz....we should all be calling for his head.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

If he could is a big if, NYG. I don’t think we can yet as I don’t believe we are able to from an NIL standpoint at this point in time.

We are paying for the core and the 3 new players we brought in already. Do you know that we have the NIL money available to add 3 more talented starters in addition to what we already have ? If yes, then enlighten me.

Of course any coach would add 3 more starter upgrades if they could afford it but not every coach has the NIL to do that.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago NYG, 4 more starter quality players would be great from our perspective. But, I don’t think 4 more would come here as it would be too crowded for PT. Plus, not sure we can even afford them.

Also, yes it is too late for one of the core starters we have now to enter the portal since it’s closed but bringing in four other starters and Archie likely loses the locker room and potentially the bench.
STOP. Please... I think Arch was the best hire available. But...if he could bring in 4 starters, better than what's here now, and didn't, because of how the locker room and bench would have hurt feelz....we should all be calling for his head.
Why do you refuse to grasp that Arch wanted to keep a core group of players and build a team around them?

I mean, your fixation on this hypothetical just makes zero sense.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago If he could is a big if, NYG. I don’t think we can yet as I don’t believe we are able to from an NIL standpoint at this point in time.

We are paying for the core and the 3 new players we brought in already. Do you know that we have the NIL money available to add 3 more talented starters in addition to what we already have ? If yes, then enlighten me.

Of course any coach would add 3 more starter upgrades if they could afford it but not every coach has the NIL to do that.
And not a SINGLE coach in America would want an entirely new roster in year 3. It's preposterous.

He only keeps saying that because he only sees the players left on the team as "12 win players"

They can't be any better I guess? Continuity just doesn't matter in a team sport? They were on a bad team so they can't be good? Extenuating circumstances like eligibility, injuries and the fact we had 11 new players last year had nothing to do with the teams struggles. Every player just sucked ass and has no hope.

It's incredibly unlikely to think you could even recruit 13 new better players and then hope they gel. And it's even more unlikely to think you could keep that core, if they are all benched.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Again, not good enough.

My wish is that...of the 4 open spots, we fill them with 3 players that can start next season, and all these dudes folks are penciling in to start now...take a step back. Is there anyone NOT wishing/hoping/pleading for that??? Like...why would that not be a good thing?
The rest of us are just speculating on what we can realistically add at this point.

1 starter level big

Maybe 1 starter level wing

And probably two developmental guys

You also have to think, even though it's portal world, about keeping guys for multiple years. It still happens and the likelihood of singing 4 players better than anyone we have is 0%.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

They return:

Added from Portal:

I like their coach also , Will guess he will be in the P5 within a few years , he’s so darn young too !
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

True, PRT. Shouldn’t overlook or underestimate the possibility of returning players improving. I didn’t consider it in the debate with NYG.

That said, NYG’s an intelligent poster. I even recommended him for Rhody GM/KB liaison earlier today. I might have to rethink that if he keeps disagreeing with me on roster constructing philosophy. :lol:
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago True, PRT. Shouldn’t overlook or underestimate the possibility of returning players improving. I didn’t consider it in the debate with NYG.

That said, NYG’s an intelligent poster. I even recommended him for Rhody GM/KB liaison earlier today. I might have to rethink that if he keeps disagreeing with me. :lol:
Well Archie said all year he wanted an older more experienced team that has been together multiple years and that is what he is accomplishing this offseason.

Also have to consider we lose Bassy, Green and House, so you want good players, but you probably prefer ones that have at least two years like Drissa.

So it seems like you want to try and be as talented as possible with an eye still on the future. Instead of just replacing the roster every year.

Like with Drissa, yes he hasn't proved much yet, but he still has 3 years in the Big East under his belt and all we need is for him to be solid off the bench this year and by 25-26 you'll have a 5th year senior grown man that could be very valuable to your program.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago If he could is a big if, NYG. I don’t think we can yet as I don’t believe we are able to from an NIL standpoint at this point in time.

With our current roster, the chances of us landing three more starters are slim to none. House, Green, and Lawerence are definitely starting. Fuchs and Bassy are most likely starting or, at the very least, playing starter minutes. Cam should have a big role.

I think we could land a starting-caliber or 6th-man wing or big, but three starters? Not a chance.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago

With our current roster, the chances of us landing three more starters are slim to none. House, Green, and Lawerence are definitely starting. Fuchs and Bassy are most likely starting or, at the very least, playing starter minutes. Cam should have a big role.

I think we could land a starting-caliber or 6th-man wing or big, but three starters? Not a chance.
Yes Stevey, that isn't happening, actually I doubt we bring in any immediate starters at this time.
We just need to add quality depth at this time that can give us solid minutes.
I would add a rim protector and maybe 1 or 2 more frontcourt players, plus the best available at that point, possibly a scoring wing or guard.
Also, wouldn't be surprised if they bring in some youth with at a least 2-years left, but I would still take a solid veteran contributor if able.

Unlike several others here, I would be okay as mentioned before with our starting 5: Bassy, House, Lawrence, Green, and Fuchs, plus Cam

I feel our backcourt would be able to compete well with most of the others in the A10.

Green would have a full year now, was our leading scorer, and many felt our best player last season, averaged 14.3 pts (43.4% 3PT).
Fuchs will only develop and get better, had a strong freshman season averaging 8 pts/ 6.4 rebs, plus 6 double-doubles.
I was one of those who wasn't immediately sold on the addition of Green and Fuchs, but admittedly I was mistaken, glad for that.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago

Yes Stevey, that isn't happening, actually I doubt we bring in any immediate starters at this time.
I would add a rim protector and maybe 1 or 2 more frontcourt players, plus the best available at that point, possibly a scoring wing or guard.
Also, wouldn't be surprised if they bring in some youth with at a least 2-years left, but I would still take a solid veteran contributor if able.

Unlike several others here, I would be okay as mentioned before with our starting 5: Bassy, House, Lawrence, Green, and Fuchs.

I feel that backcourt would be able to compete well with most of the others in the A10.

Green would have a full year now, was our leading scorer, and many felt our best player last season, averaged 14.3 pts (43.4% 3PT).
Fuchs will only develop and get better, had a strong freshman season averaging 8 pts/ 6.4 rebs, plus 6 double-doubles.
I was one of those who wasn't immediately sold on the addition of Green and Fuchs, but admittedly I was mistaken, glad for that.
While I agree they aren’t acquiring 3 more starters. Almost anyone on this team could be passed over if we picked up the right transfer. I was one of the people who thought Fuchs had a very nice year, but I don’t see any of these guys as difference makers on a winning team with a Legitimate chance at postseason. Adding all bench players isn’t even close to good enough. The players returning were from a last place team. Maybe the goal is to just have a winning record this year. I’m hoping we are setting the bar higher than that.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RamStock wrote: 1 week ago

Unlike several others here, I would be okay as mentioned before with our starting 5: Bassy, House, Lawrence, Green, and Fuchs.

I feel that backcourt would be able to compete well with most of the others in the A10.

While I agree they aren’t acquiring 3 more starters. Almost anyone on this team could be passed over if we picked up the right transfer. I was one of the people who thought Fuchs had a very nice year, but I don’t see any of these guys as difference makers on a winning team with a Legitimate chance at postseason. Adding all bench players isn’t even close to good enough. The players returning were from a last place team. Maybe the goal is to just have a winning record this year. I’m hoping we are setting the bar higher than that.
We have limited NIL $, trying to be realistic.
Besides I expect a major jump in the returning player's production, plus staff improvement.

Doubt we can do any better than Bassy, House, Lawrence, and Cam in the backcourt.
Green according to many was our best player, so doubtful he sits.
Fuchs had a very strong freshman season, he should also continue to improve.

I think the 2 new additions will give us a boost, plus a year together with the others will help.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I think it’s nuts to say a freshman like Fuchs couldn’t be a difference maker on a postseason team. Ever since we sucked it seems like people on here forget how raw some of our freshman looked before they become good starters on nit/ncaa Rhody teams in the past. I’ve listed examples of former players a handful of times so I’m not doing it again but if Fuchs continues to improve which many players do he could definitely be one of the better big man in the conference his junior/senior year. The problem is most players are gone by then in this day and age.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Fuchs has “A-10” body, amp up his motor a notch or two and we gots a force.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Besides I expect a major jump in the returning player's production, plus staff improvement.

Doubt we can do any better than Bassy, House, Lawrence, and Cam in the backcourt.

I think the 2 new additions will give us a boost, plus a year together with the others will help.
Ya like sure I’d love to have two players that dropped 14 a game decide to stay and come off the bench so we can have two other better players instead but that’s not happening. At least not this year as we are still trying to rebuild. Lawrence and Bassy was a nice start. Traore I’m not sure but I’m willing to give him a shot. We definitely have a better team right now. The question is can we be much better which really needs to happen.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Ya like sure I’d love to have two players that dropped 14 a game decide to stay and come off the bench so we can have two other better players instead but that’s not happening. At least not this year as we are still trying to rebuild. Lawrence and Bassy was a nice start. Traore I’m not sure but I’m willing to give him a shot. We definitely have a better team right now. The question is can we be much better which really needs to happen.
To add to this point, it’s almost being dismissed about the lack of continuity or availability of our rotation and their familiarity with each other and the system they’re in.

For everyone that keeps putting Loyola on a pedestal, we’re doing literally what they did to a T one year behind their schedule. They were worse than us 2 years ago, and then this last year they retained a core and added some pieces and made a huge jump. That jump wasn’t their transfers, it was the development of the bodies already in the building.

We were not as bad as our record and some of the teams we lost to. There was a huge lack of maturity and leadership - which makes sense because you had zero seniors, one player with even a lick of A10 experience, and we relied on 2 true freshmen for major minutes.

I put it in detail in another post but not a single A10 team had the breadth and time missed in their starters and rotation that URI did up and down the roster.

Through growth and the couple pieces we’ve added so far were head and shoulders better. We retained our 2-3 best players, and 4 of our top 5. You could make an argument we actually retained our 4 best players.

I can guarantee you - even though the sunshine brigade is acting like losing Luis as a PG was some kind of negative indication of the direction of our program - that if we didn’t get a true PG they would be bitching that we had a slow PG would couldn’t run in Luis still hanging around.

Bassy as a PG (not necessarily player) is an upgrade over Luis as a PG. Lawrence is an upgrade over Montgomery. Green, Estevez, and Fuchs should all improve. We’re better. Now it’s about adding depth.
8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago

To add to this point, it’s almost being dismissed about the lack of continuity or availability of our rotation and their familiarity with each other and the system they’re in.

For everyone that keeps putting Loyola on a pedestal, we’re doing literally what they did to a T one year behind their schedule. They were worse than us 2 years ago, and then this last year they retained a core and added some pieces and made a huge jump. That jump wasn’t their transfers, it was the development of the bodies already in the building.

We were not as bad as our record and some of the teams we lost to. There was a huge lack of maturity and leadership - which makes sense because you had zero seniors, one player with even a lick of A10 experience, and we relied on 2 true freshmen for major minutes.

I put it in detail in another post but not a single A10 team had the breadth and time missed in their starters and rotation that URI did up and down the roster.

Through growth and the couple pieces we’ve added so far were head and shoulders better. We retained our 2-3 best players, and 4 of our top 5. You could make an argument we actually retained our 4 best players.

I can guarantee you - even though the sunshine brigade is acting like losing Luis as a PG was some kind of negative indication of the direction of our program - that if we didn’t get a true PG they would be bitching that we had a slow PG would couldn’t run in Luis still hanging around.

Bassy as a PG (not necessarily player) is an upgrade over Luis as a PG. Lawrence is an upgrade over Montgomery. Green, Estevez, and Fuchs should all improve. We’re better. Now it’s about adding depth.
It wasn't that long ago that you wouldn't have to remind people that continuity matters and that players get better over time. Especially freshmen. Oh and of course, injuries and player availability lolol.

It's not hard to imagine that we could be much much better. We will actually have continuity for the first time. 5 players back that #trust in Archie and 7 new guys carefully selected to fit in around those 5. Will be the first time Arch will not be dealing with eligibility issues and hopefully less injuries. That alone will make his job much easier. Even in his first year you left a scholarship on the table with Ant Harris, had Carey out at the beginning along with Bilau, then you work them back in, Bilau goes back out etc. Finally, he should have a full, experienced team with talent ready to go.

Imo we are one of those bigs James Whitmore is recruiting away from having a complete team.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Another good get for Skinn and GM.
Watch out for Mason, they can make some noise in 24-25.

1 x
BattleTested
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BattleTested »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago

Why do you refuse to grasp that Arch wanted to keep a core group of players and build a team around them?

Glad you said it.. that was one of the more idiotic takes i've seen on here. The teams that are successful are the ones that can keep a core together. That will count for something next year.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

BattleTested wrote: 1 week ago

Glad you said it.. that was one of the more idiotic takes i've seen on here. The teams that are successful are the ones that can keep a core together. That will count for something next year.
It is idiotic to suggest that, if we could get 4 newbs that could start over what is here, that we wouldn't. Calling that take idiotic is just giving in to the idea that he can't get better players than what are here. Maybe he can't, but what the heckskie, don't settle, aim high, or at least allow for the possibility.... Or, on the other hand, continue to ridicule those that would ... Ridicule seems to be the go to here, so carry on with the "depth piece" talk :roll:
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I think it’s nuts to say a freshman like Fuchs couldn’t be a difference maker on a postseason team. Ever since we sucked it seems like people on here forget how raw some of our freshman looked before they become good starters on nit/ncaa Rhody teams in the past. I’ve listed examples of former players a handful of times so I’m not doing it again but if Fuchs continues to improve which many players do he could definitely be one of the better big man in the conference his junior/senior year. The problem is most players are gone by then in this day and age.
Agreed, Stevey.

We shouldn’t be underestimating the the capability of any of our returning players to improve. I am sure they have all met with Archie and staff to go over their weaknesses and how to improve them.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

BattleTested wrote: 1 week ago

It is idiotic to suggest that, if we could get 4 newbs that could start over what is here, that we wouldn't. Calling that take idiotic is just giving in to the idea that he can't get better players than what are here. Maybe he can't, but what the heckskie, don't settle, aim high, or at least allow for the possibility.... Or, on the other hand, continue to ridicule those that would ... Ridicule seems to be the go to here, so carry on with the "depth piece" talk :roll:
Battletested, I agree with your core concept but I think describing NYG’sapproach as idiotic is over the top.

I don’t agree with NYG on this but I don’t discount his opinion. He is taking a less patient or more urgent approach at this time whereas, I am open to improvement of the returning core to get us better. Classic one in the hand vs two in the bush argument, I think.

Good debate. 👍🏼
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago
ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago

Anyone ever wonder why all these schools do an overseas trip every year?
You are only allowed 1 overseas trip every 4 years. Applies to all teams. No team does an overseas trip every year.
Or an MTE out of the country. There’s always a loophole.

Kids were getting paid when it was against the rules, are we naive enough to believe that now the international kids aren’t?
Overseas trips decreasing to increase NIL $$

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 week ago
ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago

You are only allowed 1 overseas trip every 4 years. Applies to all teams. No team does an overseas trip every year.

Kids were getting paid when it was against the rules, are we naive enough to believe that now the international kids aren’t?

So, the schools don't pay for overseas trips?
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

How does that even make sense? Schools aren't putting money in to NIL as of right now. Is Goodman implying that schools are still cheating and paying players directly?
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No 208,
They do pay for overseas trips but now the NIL Collective is the priority so they are looking at elimination the trips allowed every 4 years in summer months.

Next maybe MTE in season OOC Tournaments will get cancelled or reduced to get more money for player bidding and player retention.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

No 208,
They do pay for overseas trips but now the NIL Collective is the priority so they are looking at elimination the trips allowed every 4 years in summer months.

Next maybe MTE in season OOC Tournaments will get cancelled or reduced to get more money for player bidding and player retention.
If the school is funding a trip .... And the school
can't pay NIL...how does canceling trips impact NIL?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No 208,

If the school is funding a trip .... And the school
can't pay NIL...how does canceling trips impact NIL?
Outside my pay grade :oops:
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I wonder if Goodman plans on releasing the names of the schools that told him they are paying players. Seems like that would be a pretty big story!
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 1 week ago I wonder if Goodman plans on releasing the names of the schools that told him they are paying players. Seems like that would be a pretty big story!
It is looking like the NCAA will soon be allowing all member schools to participate in contributing to the "Collectives".
2 x