Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Ok here is the list.

Continuity, eligibility issues and injuries have absolutely zero impact on a teams performance.

Don't watch highlight films.

Don't watch a transfers full game.

Players don't improve.

Never get a player that fills needs for depth. Depth doesn't exist. Only starters can apply here.

Recruit over the best player on your team.

Doom and gloom.

I'm on team #trust
Last edited by PeterRamTime 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

I’m not sure why it’s not showing but Traore committed.

1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago You guys are OK with getting backups for guys who finished in 12th place in the A10? That's what our new practice facility and increase in NIL money gets us? Wow, expectations have become really low.
We finished 11th.

I mean does anyone have any perspective on here?

We already got two starters (conveniently ignored right now) Lawrence was better than anyone on the roster and we upgraded at PG.

Land one guy that fills a need because we need depth behind David Green.

Should Green not be the starter? Do we have to recruit over everyone every year until we catch lightning in a bottle?

Literally everyone gets depth guys. Heaven forbid Archie believe in David Green who practically had to carry the team at times. Who tf was going to come in here to split time with Green? Why would Green stay if we got someome as good or better? Why even look? How is he not good enough?
Regarding the perspective, no, many here don’t. Living in the past times, expecting it all over again. With a we should be in the BE, and we should be recruiting n a national level for those 4-5 star recruits. I heard bread used to be 25 cents a loaf. We are what we are.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Blue Man wrote: 2 weeks ago
RIFan wrote: 2 weeks ago I didn’t realize this team was so stacked we were looking for players to play 8 min a game and be good in the locker room. We should be top 25, A10 champs and dancing next season!

How about getting better players than what you have on a lousy team and then what you have becomes the backups?
I mean there's a couple of things.

1) everyone is looking to portal so you have to be delicate these days in who you go after and when you go after them. If you recruit someone clearly better than Fuchs AND announce it before the May 1 portal deadline - what's to stop him from leaving?

2) if you recruit over players every year with transfers, you risk the whole "starting over" thing with a brand new roster and it's clear that doesn't work. Obviously Archie values Fuchs and saw enough in him earlier in the year (when a lot of us were questioning it) and he wants Fuchs as his guy in the middle.

3) you have 13 spots on a team. There are 5 players on the floor at a time. In reality, you have to recruit guys for the bottom of your bench as well.

With #3 specifically, are we not supposed to be the least bit excited for a kid who wants to play for our team...specifically a guy who probably knows he's not coming in to play a lot of minutes? So the collective reaction here is to shit on him? With the way a lot of posters are talking, I thought playing for Archie was supposed to suck and no one wanted to do it so shouldn't we be thrilled anyone wants to come to Kingston? Especially to play in front of this super awesome, knowledgeable, and supportive fanbase?

Sorry Arch couldn't get Donovan Clingan to forego the NBA draft and get him to transfer here.

I feel like I say it a lot. But the overwhelming majority of this fanbase blows.
you do.

and I'll say it again, quite the interesting fundraising strategy; disparaging the fanbase while actively soliciting funds two lines below telling the majority of us, how much we blow.
5 x
:lol:
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago You guys are OK with getting backups for guys who finished in 12th place in the A10? That's what our new practice facility and increase in NIL money gets us? Wow, expectations have become really low.
We finished 11th.

We already got two starters (conveniently ignored right now) Lawrence was better than anyone on the roster and we upgraded at PG.

Should Green not be the starter? Do we have to recruit over everyone every year until we catch lightning in a bottle?

Literally everyone gets depth guys. Heaven forbid Archie believe in David Green who practically had to carry the team at times. Who tf was going to come in here to split time with Green? Why would Green stay if we got someome as good or better? Why even look? How is he not good enough?
Blind test time - P6 transfer check

26 mpg, 31 starts, 44%/35%/63% 9ppg/5rpg/1ast -

24 mpg, 23 starts, 42%/36%//77% 7ppg/3rpg/3ast -

12mpg, 2 starts, 39%/18%/62% 3ppg/3rpg/1ast -

11mpg, 1 start, 33%/19%/58% 3ppg/2rpg/1ast -

8mpg, 0 starts, 46%/0%/47% 3ppg/2rpg/0ast -

8mpg, 1 start 43%/7%/72% 2ppg/2rpg/1ast -

---------------------------------------------------------------

26 mpg, 31 starts, 44%/35%/63% 9ppg/5rpg/1ast - Biruta

24 mpg, 23 starts, 42%/36%//77% 7ppg/3rpg/3ast - Lawrence

12mpg, 2 starts, 39%/18%/62% 3ppg/3rpg/1ast - Jalen Carey

11mpg, 1 start, 33%/19%/58% 3ppg/2rpg/1ast - Stan Robinson

8mpg, 0 starts, 46%/0%/47% 3ppg/2rpg/0ast - Luther Clay

8mpg, 1 start 43%/7%/72% 2ppg/2rpg/1ast - Scott Hazelton

At a time when I think the P6 stratification matters significantly more, I'd argue that Archie's 1st P6 transfer is as impactful as anyone that Al Skinner, Jim Baron, Dan Hurley, or Dave Cox ever brought in. Certainly at a "low" point and how this message board seems to be feeling, you'd think that a player like Lawrence would signal a turning point in the talent here - and a literal realization of the coach's goal to build a team from within (we now have a core of experienced players who've been here and played in the system), while adding when necessary from the portal.

It's kinda (weirdly) convenient that the sun spots on this message board have skipped over mentioning anything about Lawrence - who creates a 3 headed monster of double digit scoring potential that we lacked last year. Him alone makes the team significantly harder to guard than we were last year. That will make us better, ignoring the fact that we got older and more experienced and kept our best 4 players from last year.

I don't know why I care about this particular time on this board so much, when it tends to be me in a minority fighting for such outlandish things like "don't fire Dan Hurley he's a good coach" against the great unwashed here.

So I'll stick to my guns and say that the most negative of you all are wrong, and you won't deserve celebrating when there's something to celebrate in the future.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago On here is the list.

Continuity, eligibility issues and injuries have absolutely zero impact on a teams performance.

Players don't improve.

Never get a player that fills needs for depth. Depth doesn't exist. Only starters can apply here.

Doom and gloom.

I'm on team #trust
I'm down with recruiting over the best player on the team every year. If you do it right, doesn't that mean you're getting better? I get waiting until May 1, but good grief, focus on better players and SETTLE for backups if you have to, don't have backups as the target.... :roll:
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 2 weeks ago
This "not found" stuff is just total nonsense.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 weeks ago
RIFan wrote: 2 weeks ago I didn’t realize this team was so stacked we were looking for players to play 8 min a game and be good in the locker room. We should be top 25, A10 champs and dancing next season!

How about getting better players than what you have on a lousy team and then what you have becomes the backups?
I mean there's a couple of things.

1) everyone is looking to portal so you have to be delicate these days in who you go after and when you go after them. If you recruit someone clearly better than Fuchs AND announce it before the May 1 portal deadline - what's to stop him from leaving?

2) if you recruit over players every year with transfers, you risk the whole "starting over" thing with a brand new roster and it's clear that doesn't work. Obviously Archie values Fuchs and saw enough in him earlier in the year (when a lot of us were questioning it) and he wants Fuchs as his guy in the middle.

3) you have 13 spots on a team. There are 5 players on the floor at a time. In reality, you have to recruit guys for the bottom of your bench as well.

With #3 specifically, are we not supposed to be the least bit excited for a kid who wants to play for our team...specifically a guy who probably knows he's not coming in to play a lot of minutes? So the collective reaction here is to shit on him? With the way a lot of posters are talking, I thought playing for Archie was supposed to suck and no one wanted to do it so shouldn't we be thrilled anyone wants to come to Kingston? Especially to play in front of this super awesome, knowledgeable, and supportive fanbase?

Sorry Arch couldn't get Donovan Clingan to forego the NBA draft and get him to transfer here.

I feel like I say it a lot. But the overwhelming majority of this fanbase blows.
you do.

and I'll say it again, quite the interesting fundraising strategy; disparaging the fanbase while actively soliciting funds two lines below telling the majority of us, how much we blow.
Lmao considering next to nobody donates - when we're good, when we're bad, when we're in-between, I'm sure my commentary doesn't affect a cent. And I'm sure that those that do donate, have similar feelings about the multitude of the fans who would rather bash this team, it's coach, any remotely positive fans, and any incoming recruits for having the audacity to want to play for a coach that the mighty keaney blue message board has deemed to "not be the guy."

Not sure I'm ever specifically directing that line at anyone in particular, but if the shoe fits...
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Players don't improve.

Doom and gloom.

I'm on team #trust
I'm down with recruiting over the best player on the team every year. If you do it right, doesn't that mean you're getting better? I get waiting until May 1, but good grief, focus on better players and SETTLE for backups if you have to, don't have backups as the target.... :roll:
No it doesn't mean you're getting better. A better individual player wouldn't necessarily fit what we are trying to do. Yes you can always want better players, but this is a team sport and you want to keep guys for multiple years.

We aren't looking for starters at Green's position...yes he's a back up, but you need back ups. Even if we got someone that pushed Green out, you know what we would still need? Someone like Traore.

Now we have 3 guys that play Green's position, Green, a veteran in Traore with 2 years left and a freshman.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

We finished 11th.

Blind test time - P6 transfer check

26 mpg, 31 starts, 44%/35%/63% 9ppg/5rpg/1ast -

24 mpg, 23 starts, 42%/36%//77% 7ppg/3rpg/3ast -

12mpg, 2 starts, 39%/18%/62% 3ppg/3rpg/1ast -

11mpg, 1 start, 33%/19%/58% 3ppg/2rpg/1ast -

8mpg, 0 starts, 46%/0%/47% 3ppg/2rpg/0ast -

8mpg, 1 start 43%/7%/72% 2ppg/2rpg/1ast -

---------------------------------------------------------------

26 mpg, 31 starts, 44%/35%/63% 9ppg/5rpg/1ast - Biruta

24 mpg, 23 starts, 42%/36%//77% 7ppg/3rpg/3ast - Lawrence

12mpg, 2 starts, 39%/18%/62% 3ppg/3rpg/1ast - Jalen Carey

11mpg, 1 start, 33%/19%/58% 3ppg/2rpg/1ast - Stan Robinson

8mpg, 0 starts, 46%/0%/47% 3ppg/2rpg/0ast - Luther Clay

8mpg, 1 start 43%/7%/72% 2ppg/2rpg/1ast - Scott Hazelton

At a time when I think the P6 stratification matters significantly more, I'd argue that Archie's 1st P6 transfer is as impactful as anyone that Al Skinner, Jim Baron, Dan Hurley, or Dave Cox ever brought in. Certainly at a "low" point and how this message board seems to be feeling, you'd think that a player like Lawrence would signal a turning point in the talent here - and a literal realization of the coach's goal to build a team from within (we now have a core of experienced players who've been here and played in the system), while adding when necessary from the portal.

It's kinda (weirdly) convenient that the sun spots on this message board have skipped over mentioning anything about Lawrence - who creates a 3 headed monster of double digit scoring potential that we lacked last year. Him alone makes the team significantly harder to guard than we were last year. That will make us better, ignoring the fact that we got older and more experienced and kept our best 4 players from last year.

I don't know why I care about this particular time on this board so much, when it tends to be me in a minority fighting for such outlandish things like "don't fire Dan Hurley he's a good coach" against the great unwashed here.

So I'll stick to my guns and say that the most negative of you all are wrong, and you won't deserve celebrating when there's something to celebrate in the future.
The sunspots have no idea what Lawrence even looks like and they haven't watched a second of game film lol cause you know, it's crazy for a fan to be interested in what a new player looks like!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We finished 11th.

I don't know, but I don't know any player who would transfer to another school to play, as BlueMan suggests, 8 minutes per game.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 2 weeks ago Could be a fine bench piece, but i would still really like a big that could make an instant impact. Atiki Ally Atiki from BYU or Mohamed Wague from Alabama

I have no knowledge of us even contacting them, just my dream commitments
Dunno about any of that but I sure dig your handle!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Players don't improve.

Doom and gloom.

I'm on team #trust
No it doesn't mean you're getting better. A better individual player wouldn't necessarily fit what we are trying to do. Yes you can always want better players, but this is a team sport and you want to keep guys for multiple years.

We aren't looking for starters at Green's position...yes he's a back up, but you need back ups. Even if we got someone that pushed Green out, you know what we would still need? Someone like Traore.

Now we have 3 guys that play Green's position, Green, a veteran in Traore with 2 years left and a freshman.
Does playing as a team include the great team defense we played last year?
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago I just don't get the idea why, with hundreds of players out there, there is any thought on getting bench guys. They should be looking for guys that can start...until there is an established group of successful starters (as indicated by Ws and Ls, not "feelz")
Why? We are going to have bench guys. Rory Stewart replacement :lol:
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 2 weeks ago
adam914 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 weeks ago Like...are we even URI fans? Some of you are so God damn miserable that I'm not sure you'd know how to be happy. If Archie gets us back to the tournament most of you should keep your mouths shut because you'll just find ways to explain how we should all be miserable regardless. Holy shit find another hobby some of you.
I'm convinced we could win the national championship and there would be posts the next morning about why it's actually a bad thing and we're screwed for the future or something.
1000% accurate.

i think we all need to go back to being a RAMily...

we could have different opinions and getting into heated discussions..
that's fine.. that's what families do...

but we all want to win and quite frankly i respect all ram fans..

blood is thicker than water.. especially when its keaney blue...

let's go
3 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 weeks ago

I'm convinced we could win the national championship and there would be posts the next morning about why it's actually a bad thing and we're screwed for the future or something.
1000% accurate.

let's go
except our KB chief fundraiser thinks most of us blow.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

See my post immediately after. The tweet that was not found was from Traore's twitter saying he committed. My post after was Bill Koch's repost:

Bill Koch
@BillKoch25
·
Follow
#URI has picked a commitment from St. John's transfer big man Drissa Traore.

Visited Kingston recently. Played in 28 games last season. #Rams

the post itself exists on twitter.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 weeks ago Traore was way down the list of guys I wanted.. He plays hard and seems to be a good person in the locker room but it doesn't excite me much. Let's see what happens.
Yeah, not really a fan of this commitment, but maybe he can surprise us.
He did nothing in his 3-years at SJU and wasn't very highly recruited out of HS.

Except for his size, not sure he can provide any impact even as a back-up to Green.

It is nice that he is good team guy, but from where we have been, we need more than just cheerleaders.

I actually thought Rory gave us more, at least he can shoot and stretch it.

Oh well, let's see who else Archie brings in and I hope I am wrong about Drissa.
3 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 weeks ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 weeks ago

1000% accurate.

let's go
except our KB chief fundraiser thinks most of us blow.

i don't really believe that is his belief

let's hope better players soon...

more talk on winning would be nice

we need it !
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I guess we have to wait until after the May 1 portal end date for us to announce the signings of the good players so our current ok ones stay as their backups.

BTW, I’m just having fun here. I don’t know how any of these kids will pan out, but I can at least see how the other 2 signings may help, this one is tougher to see considering our current state…desperate need of talent especially up front.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

See my post immediately after. The tweet that was not found was from Traore's twitter saying he committed. My post after was Bill Koch's repost:

Bill Koch
@BillKoch25
·
Follow

Is this an upgrade over Tyson?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

McRam wrote: 2 weeks ago

Bill Koch
@BillKoch25
·
Follow

Doesn't seem like an upgrade over any of our bigs that departed including Rory.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 2 weeks ago
McRam wrote: 2 weeks ago

Bill Koch
@BillKoch25
·
Follow

Doesn't seem like an upgrade over any of our bigs that departed including Rory.
Wow.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago Not for nothing, but imo the..."we need bigs" "where the bigs at?" talk is getting to be way more monotonous than the you know what talk...just sayin'.....errrrrrr "we get it" :lol:
Who cares if we get it.

Do Archie and the staff get it ? That’s the big question.

0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Looks like a pretty well regarded NYC hooper at one time. Maybe a good snag. Good article by Koch.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I’ll be shocked if Traore is not an upgrade over Rory (and probably Tyson to).
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 2 weeks ago I’ll be shocked if Traore is not an upgrade over Rory (and probably Tyson to).
Different game than Rory and Tyson.
I hope he does bring something but hasn't shown it yet in the last 3-years. He did RS in 21-22.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sounds like a Nikola Akele type , fringe rotation piece great culture guy , if he gets 8 minutes a night and busts his backside that’s all we can ask for , heck he played in 28 games for Coach Pitino so he can probably do that here

Still hopeful we can get @ least 1 decent big for the rotation
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

adam914 wrote: 2 weeks ago I’ll be shocked if Traore is not an upgrade over Rory (and probably Tyson to).
I hope he does bring something but hasn't shown it yet in the last 3-years. He did RS in 21-22.
Yeah, to be clear, I'm not expecting huge things from him. Just more that I don't think it takes much to be an upgrade over Rory.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Yeah, to be clear, I'm not expecting huge things from him. Just more that I don't think it takes much to be an upgrade over Rory.
Not sure how much $ we have available to spend on additional players.

Let's see how the rest of the roster gets filled out.
0 x
Narr9999
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Narr9999 »

Give him a chaace as some others have said. Listen we don't know what he is going to be like at URI. He is coming down from the Big East to the A-10. He could be better due the talent level that he will play against. He could very good once he plays more minutes. Back when I help coach at Cranston West back in the 90's to early 2000's there were players I thought would be good and they weren't. There were players I didn't think would be much and they surprised me. We had a lot of talent and were the first team to win back to back RI State championships. We had a team that won only a few games, but the kids gave it their all and we loved coaching them and we had teams with talent but they didnt give their all and didn't go as far as they could. Lets give these kids a break till we see them on the court. Sucks for a new kid to see the board and all the negative comments before he has put on the uniform
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I like the pick up. We need depth in case Green (again) and the team catch the injury bug.

From what little I’ve seen of him, he looks muscular enough to play some traditional 4 in a pinch if we go with a bigger lineup (with Fuchs) when Green is out of the game for a break or foul trouble.

Additionally, he played for a great and demanding coach, against power conf talent in practice every day, in relevant game environments and in a better conference. Good experience to have for a depth piece.

So, the week is off to a solid start. We need more, however, like a true 5 besides Fuchs to provide rim protection, rebounding and some scoring to keep the opposing D honest. Unless Fuchs is really, really working at the cardio, I can’t see him giving full 110% effort on D and O for more than 20-25 minutes a game yet.

I know Bilau isn’t coming back but does he have a healthy, less injury prone brother with his size and athleticism ? A Bilau type would be a great compliment to Fuchs, imho.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The dude played 6 minutes a game in the Big East last year.

He’s not coming to the A10 thinking he’s playing 8 minutes a game, that number was just randomly thrown out and people are running with it.
1 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Narr9999 wrote: 2 weeks ago Give him a chaace as some others have said. Listen we don't know what he is going to be like at URI. He is coming down from the Big East to the A-10. He could be better due the talent level that he will play against. He could very good once he plays more minutes. Lets give these kids a break till we see them on the court. Sucks for a new kid to see the board and all the negative comments before he has put on the uniform
Good point.

He is 100% reading the board. This crew will tell you kids, coaches, reporters and their family don’t read KB forum.

They’re wrong. They read it. What they make of it who knows? But they read it.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Someone said it before, URI basketball fan accounts are popping up everywhere on Twitter lol.
1 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 weeks ago Someone said it before, URI basketball fan accounts are popping up everywhere on Twitter lol.
And they're drunk! And weeping! #trust
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 weeks ago Someone said it before, URI basketball fan accounts are popping up everywhere on Twitter lol.
If Don Keedick (that can't be his real name, can it?) drinks as much as he says he does, he'd be dead.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I said that.

They ALL are like “random name from random town in RI” and they all tweet bizarre things back and forth to each other.

I’d guess they’re all the same person with too much time on their hands.
1 x
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 2 weeks ago The dude played 6 minutes a game in the Big East last year.

He’s not coming to the A10 thinking he’s playing 8 minutes a game, that number was just randomly thrown out and people are running with it.

good point - i agree with this

let’s hope his thinking matches up with the minutes he will command if above average …
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Like why the hell is this lol

3 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Like why the hell is this lol

reason number 18 gajillion, four hundred and 37 to not be on the twixxer?
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Can I offer. Tyson, Zek, Rory, couldn’t sniff a BE roster. That alone is an upgrade to me. No?
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago Can I offer. Tyson, Zek, Rory, couldn’t sniff a BE roster. That alone is an upgrade to me. No?
I like your thinking...
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago Can I offer. Tyson, Zek, Rory, couldn’t sniff a BE roster. That alone is an upgrade to me. No?
I hope Traore does make an impact here, he just hasn't shown anything yet.
Just being on a BE roster doesn't mean anything if they haven't contributed at all.
We will see, the jury is out on him., but at this point any help upfront is a plus.
Our staff still has much work to do in landing frontcourt players.

Don't kid yourself though, there are plenty of BE and P5 players that end up transferring to programs and conferences much worse than ours.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Brandon Weston was a Top 100 Big East recruit.

He is now on Tennessee St in the Ohio Valley Conference after failing to consistently contribute on two terrible A10 teams.

Being on a benchwarmer on a Big East team doesn’t equal success at a lower level.
1 x
Go Rhody
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

I keep seeing them on my feed, and they comment under every URI related tweet lol. I hope we keep seeing more it’s good for the fanbase having a lot of representation on Twitter.
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Brandon Weston was a Top 100 Big East recruit.

He is now on Tennessee St in the Ohio Valley Conference after failing to consistently contribute on two terrible A10 teams.

Being on a benchwarmer on a Big East team doesn’t equal success at a lower level.
You don’t know what you’re going to get, there’s a bunch of big east benchwarmers that have had success for example Kolby King who transferred from St. John’s to Tulane. Weston was never a benchwarmer at Seton Hall, he appeared in 1 game and redshirted due to injury. Traore actually saw minutes.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Players don't improve.

Doom and gloom.

I'm on team #trust

Um...if W got a starter at Green's position after May 1...why couldn't Green be that "needed" backup?
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Foumena and Brown played 28 mpg. I don't think they brought this kid in to play 8.
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."