Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Looks like another day without another big added to Fuchs. The idea of Archie stalling - like NYG alluded to a few hours ago - seems more likely every day that we receive no news on a big.

Although it could be NIL negotiations stalling, waiting on someone to enter the portal, etc.

What happened with Traore from St. John’s ?
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Chris Rock famously said in one of his stand up routines that men are only as faithful as their options. Never is that more true than as it relates to the portal.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago Looks like another day without another big added to Fuchs. The idea of Archie stalling - like NYG alluded to a few hours ago - seems more likely every day that we receive no news on a big.

Although it could be NIL negotiations stalling, waiting on someone to enter the portal, etc.

What happened with Traore from St. John’s ?
Fou ? To quote someone regarding Bassy, that would be “epic”. Hey, why not. It is wacky out their.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

6-8” Forward Tyreek Smith from SMU entered the portal. He averaged 8 pts, 5 rebs and almost 2 blocks a game. One year left.

He could be a good big addition. Although, seems like he likes to stay down south.
0 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

Is it possible that Foumina could return? I was a little disappointed that he entered the portal. What do you all think? No guaranteed playing time or nil.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RJ, with Bassy coming back - which I didn’t think would ever happen - I wouldn’t be shocked if he did.

But, I think his situation is different than Bassy’s and Bassy is a local guy also, who really likes Rhody.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Joyce and Duquesne doing well in the portal.

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I still have a replica of that 🏆...from back in the day when Rhody used to give away replica trophies and big-a rings....
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RJRam wrote: 1 week ago Is it possible that Foumina could return? I was a little disappointed that he entered the portal. What do you all think? No guaranteed playing time or nil.
Foumena doesn't really seem like a guy that would get a big NIL deal, so he's probably deciding between getting solid playing time at a lower conference program or signing up for a bench role at a mid-major or slightly better program. Like his one publicized visit was to Sam Houston State, a Conference USA team that was 142 in KenPom. They've been a good team the past decade, but not exactly a program with a huge footprint or anything.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago I still have a replica of that 🏆...from back in the day when Rhody used to give away replica trophies and big-a rings....
Oh my, those were the days, collector items from the recent past. Got em all!
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

In the old days a player had to sit out a year when transferring
In the old days a player had to sit out / years if transferring within the conference (if allowed at all and was extremely rare)

Now players are often changing teams within their own conference

Follow the money

1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 week ago In the old days a player had to sit out a year when transferring
In the old days a player had to sit out / years if transferring within the conference (if allowed at all and was extremely rare)

Now players are often changing teams within their own conference

Follow the money

Yes Ramster, heard that also.
Richmond would be a huge get for Rick.

No holds barred anymore, total free for all.
Many in-conference transfers these days, including us with Bray.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The grass wasn’t greener……

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 1 week ago
You can't be REALLY REALLY good in the A10 anymore. If you are, you're gone. When great A10 programs like Dayton can't keep their best players, you know there's a problem.
4 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago
You can't be REALLY REALLY good in the A10 anymore. If you are, you're gone. When great A10 programs like Dayton can't keep their best players, you know there's a problem.
He played four years there and he wasn't a full-time starter any of those years. I'm kind of surprised he stuck it out for those four years, although I suppose there is the caveat that he was getting 26+ MPG his final two years, even if he was coming off the bench.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Being consistently good will become almost impossible for A10 programs like us.

Catch lightning in a bottle for a year, and then have to start over again the following year.

Unless this clusterfuck is changed somehow, that's our lot for the foreseeable future

Actually for us, how many times in our history have we been good for more than a couple of years in a row?

This just guarantees it isn't likely to happen again.

Only the bluest of blue bloods have a chance, because that's where the best players will gravitate to.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Where da bigs at?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Brea got A10 6th man of the year award on the A10’s highest ranked team throughout the year

Not surprised he is now highly sought after by the best of the blue
bloods

Brea is highly proficient at 3FG shooting which is a valued commodity in today’s game. Plus he has good experience and on the older side

IMG_3275.jpeg
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Erik Reynolds has been REALLY REALLY good since his freshman year at St Joes, could play anywhere.

He's coming back next season.

DaRon Holmes has been REALLY REALLY good since his freshman year at Dayton, did not transfer or go pro last season. TBD this year.

Brea played 4 years and will graduate from Dayton, a normal, full college career.

Using the once in a lifetime covid year to play big time basketball for the last time in his life.
1 x
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hate to interrupt the daily doom spiral, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it will or should be impossible for A10 programs like us to be consistently good. If you have the program infrastructure in place, the right coach, and can become a winning program that is attractive to players you can still be a consistent winner at our level. It might not be the same players every year, guys are going to leave, but that's not an excuse for why we can never be good again or can only be good for a random year every once in a while.
6 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 1 week ago Hate to interrupt the daily doom spiral, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it will or should be impossible for A10 programs like us to be consistently good. If you have the program infrastructure in place, the right coach, and can become a winning program that is attractive to players you can still be a consistent winner at our level. It might not be the same players every year, guys are going to leave, but that's not an excuse for why we can never be good again or can only be good for a random year every once in a while.
The doom spiral!

The Rhody worry circle!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

We're almost halfway through Archie's contract and we're one of the worst teams in the A10. "We'll be good when we're good." Let me know when that happens. Hopefully before his contract is up.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

The Big East: "the A10 sucks"
Also the Big East: "We need more teams, players and coaches, let's poach the A10"
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 1 week ago Hate to interrupt the daily doom spiral, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it will or should be impossible for A10 programs like us to be consistently good. If you have the program infrastructure in place, the right coach, and can become a winning program that is attractive to players you can still be a consistent winner at our level. It might not be the same players every year, guys are going to leave, but that's not an excuse for why we can never be good again or can only be good for a random year every once in a while.
Good post, Adam.

We will never have the most talent, best resources, best coach, best coaching staff, etc. in cbb. We never have had all those but have won and competed anyway.

Since we don’t have all those things then we need to be smart, strategic, nimble, adaptable - like a special forces unit/Navy Seals - compared to the power conf behemoths.

We have the resources, coach and administration in place to get be a top 5 program in the A10 in the likeness of Dayton and VCU. Once we get there, we will win consistently in the A10 and be a threat for A10 mbb championships, like Dayton and VCU are in most years.

Once there, then we try to elevate to winning NCAAT games vs being one and done in the NCAAT. That is the harder step for us.

I believe that was DH’s plan when here but he didn’t have the support to get there. I also believe that he could have brought us there if the administration backed him and if he stayed here.

I think the current administration is trying to follow DH’s plan now but recent changes to cbb have thrown a temporary monkey wrench in to our progress and we are trying to adapt.

Just my two cents. No special inside info from program insiders.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago We will never have the most talent, best resources, best coach, best coaching staff, etc. in cbb.
We definitely had a preview of it.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 week ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago We will never have the most talent, best resources, best coach, best coaching staff, etc. in cbb.
And more than once
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

UConn baby ! He be a nice replacement for Cam Spencer
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RI_Bred wrote: 1 week ago
And more than once
Nobody’s perfect.

There are also a number of ways and perspectives one can interpret my nobody’s perfect response, as well. ;)
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I would like to think it's only a matter of time before we are good and can stay good on a consistent basis.

Some on this board are convinced it will happen.

I'll still on the fence as to whether IF it will happen, and how long will it take?

I should live in Missouri. It's called the "Show Me State"

That where I'm at. Results please!

I'm not alone in thinking this way either.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Looks like UConn has it, unless I'm misreading between the lines here...
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-26 155122.jpg
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago I would like to think it's only a matter of time before we are good and can stay good on a consistent basis.

I'll still on the fence as to whether IF it will happen, and how long will it take?

Bone, we have a history of bouncing back therefore, I am confident we will. When we will has me stumped, at the moment.

Of course my post is contingent on the power conferences not breaking off on their own due to their insatiable greed.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago I would like to think it's only a matter of time before we are good and can stay good on a consistent basis.

Land Miranda

Have him unleash his NBA talent next year and we are there! Lol

No reason we can't land a couple more solid transfers and have a good team next year.

Bassy with another year of development and good players for him to dish too.

Lawrence is a B10 dbl figure level scorer and elite passer. Another offseason of development for him as well.

House going into his 5th season of college ball. Proven at the A10 level. Can go off for 20+.

Green eligible all season, 5th season of college ball and is one of the better small forwards in the A-10

Cam could he very good. I mean get him in that weight room and he can be a different guy. There were times where he looked like our best player. Almost certain he takes a jump.

Fuchs is already physically mature. Already a solid A10 big, he will for sure be better.

Even Always! He did infact flash at times. He was late to playing basketball full time. Another example of get him in the weight room and he can be a different guy. Super athletic and already a good passer. He will be better.

Farrell looks like a good defender. Definitely the kind of athlete you want.

Fill out that roster and there is absolutely no excuse to not turn this thing around. Will be the first time Archie will have every player eligible and ready to go from Day 1 as well.

If he botches next season then I think he's toast.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

re: Miranda, I don't think he's posted a list and to me its unclear if he's actually interested in ever playing college ball again. He could simply be "in the transfer portal" to see if someone is willing to give him significant NIL money. He's played three games and 16 minutes across two seasons, and I think he was at four high schools before that, no? You take a shot if he wants to come here, because 7'1" is 7'1", but I honestly have no clue what the performance is going to be like at this point. Oklahoma State was 12-20 and he wasn't getting minutes for them. When he left in January, the coach said it was to concentrate on a pro career.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago We're almost halfway through Archie's contract and we're one of the worst teams in the A10. "We'll be good when we're good." Let me know when that happens. Hopefully before his contract is up.
Die Hard Fans "We'll talk about a contract extension when we are good."
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

SGreenwell wrote: 1 week ago re: Miranda, I don't think he's posted a list and to me its unclear if he's actually interested in ever playing college ball again. He could simply be "in the transfer portal" to see if someone is willing to give him significant NIL money. He's played three games and 16 minutes across two seasons, and I think he was at four high schools before that, no? You take a shot if he wants to come here, because 7'1" is 7'1", but I honestly have no clue what the performance is going to be like at this point. Oklahoma State was 12-20 and he wasn't getting minutes for them. When he left in January, the coach said it was to concentrate on a pro career.
I just wonder how much attention he is even getting from pro scouts?

I find it hard to believe its not in his best interest to prove himself in college.

I was reading on reddit some NC State fan comments about how he was getting dominated by walk ons, so maybe he's awful lol.

Now the one clip I've seen of him at OK St looks legit. No way he's not at least better than Tyson...

If he sucks, at least he's big and athletic, if he actualized his talent...program changing stuff. Worth it! Doubt it happens though.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago

Land Miranda

No reason we can't land a couple more solid transfers and have a good team next year.

Lawrence is a B10 dbl figure level scorer and elite passer. Another offseason of development for him as well.

House going into his 5th season of college ball. Proven at the A10 level. Can go off for 20+.

Green eligible all season, 5th season of college ball and is one of the better small forwards in the A-10

Cam could he very good. I mean get him in that weight room and he can be a different guy. There were times where he looked like our best player. Almost certain he takes a jump.

Fuchs is already physically mature. Already a solid A10 big, he will for sure be better.

Even Always! He did infact flash at times. He was late to playing basketball full time. Another example of get him in the weight room and he can be a different guy. Super athletic and already a good passer. He will be better.

Fill out that roster and there is absolutely no excuse to not turn this thing around. Will be the first time Archie will have every player eligible and ready to go from Day 1 as well.

#WhereTheBigsAt

Is there a supply chain breakdown on bigs ?

At least some chatter on bigs we are chasing. I need something.

Where’s Traore ? Hiding in his mom’s basement on Archie’s orders ?

Serenity now, serenity now.

:lol:
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 1 week ago
I’ll take this trail of crumbs, Adam.

Let’s gooooooooooo

#WhereTheBigsAt (Credit to PRT)
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago
adam914 wrote: 1 week ago
I’ll take this trail of crumbs, Adam.

Let’s gooooooooooo

#WhereTheBigsAt (Credit to PRT)
WTBA!?
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago Joyce and Duquesne doing well in the portal.

Good for Duq, Jersey. A good Duq is better for the A10 and us by extension. I would like to see them add Bronny, too.

Plus, I’d enjoy beating a good Duq more - when we get good. ;)
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Land Miranda

#WhereTheBigsAt

Maybe they're waiting to get over that bridge in Baltimore.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Land Miranda

#WhereTheBigsAt

What you really need...is right here...

2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

This thought crossed my mind…

The thought of all of us on KB - in unison upon Rhody obtaining its next NCAAT bid - celebrating by banging the cow bell and doing that dance just like that, made me snot-laugh.

Good stuff, NYG!

Go Rhody!
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

LOVE IT !

Ok, this is funnier than R15 taking my posts literally about not knowing what NIL means HAHAHA

0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago LOVE IT !

Ok, this is funnier than R15 taking my posts literally about not knowing what NIL means HAHAHA

0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago LOVE IT !

Mac tantrums are classic, ECR.

That is how I talk back to my TV or phone during a Rhody game when we are in the midst of bad run of play during a game. Ooph, too much of that the past 4 yrs. I’d rather be banging the cow bell. :D
0 x