Understanding the NIL

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: Understanding the NIL

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

stop it now - you are really hurting my feelings :roll:
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

ramster wrote: 1 week ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago
sevegny7 wrote: 1 week ago

I have mentally created a list of posters that when I see their names on the side of a new post I scroll right past. A lot of trolls that are out of touch from reality and provide no value or substance to a conversation.

It is nice just skipping the nonsense.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
How long is your list?
It is growing by the day this off season hahaha.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

sevegny - if you see this and PM me.. i will send you $1k via VENMO

this is not a joke

you have 10 mins..

as long as I receive your PM within 10 mins.. you get $1k...

you are on the clock !
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

unfortunately the prize was not claimed

and i totally was going to honor it
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago unfortunately the prize was not claimed

and i totally was going to honor it
I'd have taken the prize and donated it to the collective in your name :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago Full circle

Back to labeling the good fans to worse fans by money contributing to paying a player - I consider those who pay players owners

Now contributing to the university or if that player wants to commit to URI for the duration and honor his signing then I would reciprocate

So do we have the worse fans or worse players who continually leave us ?

raise your hand if you ever tried out to be Rhody - the one leading the best fans ..

Yes, I consider all rhody fans the best - we need every single diehard fan !
You flat out admitted a few days ago that half your posts are just to troll people. I'm not sure why you would be surprised that people might take issue with that a little.
4 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 1 week ago

Back to labeling the good fans to worse fans by money contributing to paying a player - I consider those who pay players owners

Now contributing to the university or if that player wants to commit to URI for the duration and honor his signing then I would reciprocate

raise your hand if you ever tried out to be Rhody - the one leading the best fans ..

You flat out admitted a few days ago that half your posts are just to troll people. I'm not sure why you would be surprised that people might take issue with that a little.
point taken

troll seems like a negative word to me - i thought i said something like to get a rise or get the banter going

what can i say.. i am bored...

nevertheless - i am a true rhody fan so i will push back on any notion that i am not

on a side note.. to show my respect to fans here.. if anyone comes to charleston - i def will buy them a drink and get a bite to eat and talk rhody hoops !!!!

its mayberry here.. LOL
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I have mentally created a list of posters that when I see their names on the side of a new post I scroll right past. A lot of trolls that are out of touch from reality and provide no value or substance to a conversation.

It is nice just skipping the nonsense.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
How long is your list?
I know I'm on it.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
How long is your list?
I know I'm on it.
Not me. I think they wake up looking for my posts 👍
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
How long is your list?
It is growing by the day this off season hahaha.

0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago

You and others can do whatever they want. What we are asking is for you guys to stop bashing the NIL 1000 times a day. We all know that you and NYG won't pay. When you keep repeating the same shit over and over, that's what gets us annoyed. It just sucks to come here every single day, and 99% of the shit is negative. No matter the topic.. We hired an awesome person in Stone. We hired incredible people to help with the NILs. We are trying to make real change, and all this place does is talk shit.
7 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago

You and others can do whatever they want. What we are asking is for you guys to stop bashing the NIL 1000 times a day. We all know that you and NYG won't pay. When you keep repeating the same shit over and over, that's what gets us annoyed. It just sucks to come here every single day, and 99% of the shit is negative. No matter the topic.. We hired an awesome person in Stone. We hired incredible people to help with the NILs. We are trying to make real change, and all this place does is talk shit.
Yeah we need a competitive NIL collective if we want to get where we want to go.

Bashing it is soooo counterproductive.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ok, Officer!
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I agree - your NIL donation should be more competitive - we are in agreement there
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

and if not...

0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

This is pretty interesting, a story about tampering with NIL deals during the regular season. Just another angle on this mess:

https://www.outkick.com/sports/aj-storr ... llegations
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 1 week ago This is pretty interesting, a story about tampering with NIL deals during the regular season. Just another angle on this mess:

https://www.outkick.com/sports/aj-storr ... llegations
What a stunning development....😯 I mean, who'd have ever thought something like this would happen??? (only everyone? 😜)
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

This! Enough, we get. Go somewhere else and be annoying.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

i don't get involved in shams

the ncaa is a sham operation for encouraging fans to pay salaries

the balls....
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

and if not...

too funny..

good one...
0 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

A proposal (based on an obscure Star Trek episode - yes, I'm a sci-fi nerd): There was a storyline where the crew was finally able to ensnare a mischievous group operating out of the holodeck, placing them inside a computer program where they thought they were still actively engaged with the outside world. Perhaps we can create a re-direct for specific posters where they can pleasure themselves over their constant anti-NIL posts, while the rest of us can get on with our lives. Bots would have to interact with them to perpetuate the ruse, but someone amongst us must have the expertise to "make it so".
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NHRamFan wrote: 1 week ago A proposal (based on an obscure Star Trek episode - yes, I'm a sci-fi nerd): There was a storyline where the crew was finally able to ensnare a mischievous group operating out of the holodeck, placing them inside a computer program where they thought they were still actively engaged with the outside world. Perhaps we can create a re-direct for specific posters where they can pleasure themselves over their constant anti-NIL posts, while the rest of us can get on with our lives. Bots would have to interact with them to perpetuate the ruse, but someone amongst us must have the expertise to "make it so".
Good idea...come up with a ruse...to isolate people that aren't down with the existing ruse. One good ruse deserves another! Brilliant!
0 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

NHRamFan wrote: 1 week ago A proposal (based on an obscure Star Trek episode - yes, I'm a sci-fi nerd): There was a storyline where the crew was finally able to ensnare a mischievous group operating out of the holodeck, placing them inside a computer program where they thought they were still actively engaged with the outside world. Perhaps we can create a re-direct for specific posters where they can pleasure themselves over their constant anti-NIL posts, while the rest of us can get on with our lives. Bots would have to interact with them to perpetuate the ruse, but someone amongst us must have the expertise to "make it so".
Good idea...come up with a ruse...to isolate people that aren't down with the existing ruse. One good ruse deserves another! Brilliant!
Wait, so you and ECR think the NIL is a ruse?? Tell us more!
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

If it wasn't for the fact that ATPTourFan,TruePoint and SGreenwell have put so much great work into this messageboard, I would have emailed Stone asking him to set up a NIL-donor-only messageboard to not have to experience the constant skipping over of posts by the two above-mentioned people.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 1 week ago
If it wasn't for the fact that ATPTourFan,TruePoint and SGreenwell have put so much great work into this messageboard, I would have emailed Stone asking him to set up a NIL-donor-only messageboard to not have to experience the constant skipping over of posts by the two above-mentioned people.
No reason why you can’t set up a NIL-donor-only thread right here in KB. Posters can continue to access this one (or not) at their own frame of mind.

In fact it might be best to have a thread of just URI NIL discussions and this current thread for overall National NIL updates and discussions.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Be truthful....you like reading those posts. Otherwise you would have the "two above-mentioned people" on ignore...yet, obviously...you have not done that🤔
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

i got a kick out of "two above-mentioned people"

thank you for that - that made me laugh
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

You had me at sci-fi and Star Trek, NH !

Creative, entertaining post for me while I sit around waiting for some Rhody news on the roster (add a big!) and/or on a new assistant coach.

Good stuff.
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

I didn't even know this ignore option was a thing. I just did it, it's tremendous!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote: 1 week ago I didn't even know this ignore option was a thing. I just did it, it's tremendous!
That's the spirit, Blue! :lol:
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

BleedBlue87 wrote: 1 week ago I didn't even know this ignore option was a thing. I just did it, it's tremendous!

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hilarious
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

It sounds like a fun board. You could all sit there and say how great everything is. Please donate more to the NIL if the team has another bad season and if anything goes wrong it can be blamed on injuries or just bad luck. I wonder how it would have felt to donate to last years players. I guess buying regular season tickets and donations is no longer enough. 😂
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

RamStock wrote: 1 week ago
It sounds like a fun board. You could all sit there and say how great everything is. Please donate more to the NIL if the team has another bad season and if anything goes wrong it can be blamed on injuries or just bad luck. I wonder how it would have felt to donate to last years players. I guess buying regular season tickets and donations is no longer enough. 😂
It's going to be great. Maybe they can resurrect the Projo board for you.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

:shock: :shock: :shock:

1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

finally on page 28 i learned NIL stands for

"NAME"
"IMAGE"
"LIKENESS"

this dude is great ^^^

sums it up PERFECTLY !
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago :shock: :shock: :shock:

Omigosh....so well said that I wouldn't be surprised to see you banned :lol:
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago finally on page 28 i learned NIL stands for

"NAME"
"IMAGE"
"LIKENESS"

this dude is great ^^^

sums it up PERFECTLY !
You're a self admitted troll so I truly don't know if this post is also a troll, or you genuinely did not know what NIL stood for.

Either way, clean it up man. Pretty brutal.
0 x
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago :shock: :shock: :shock:

And Bingo was his nameo
0 x
:lol:
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

JUST DO(nate) IT
Last edited by ElmCityRhody 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Okay Stone, where is the store???
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Nutshell version of the current fiasco...

Cavale said he believes answers will arrive within the next 12-15 months, perhaps via a settlement of the pending House v. NCAA antitrust lawsuit, which argues in part that players deserve a cut of their sports' lucrative broadcast contracts.

#wheresthebigsat
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Creeping towards sanity, one lawsuit at a time..

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... se-vs-ncaa

The leaders of college sports are involved in "deep discussions" to reach a legal settlement that would likely lay out the framework for sharing revenue with athletes in a future NCAA business model, sources told ESPN.

The case is scheduled to go to court in January 2025. If the plaintiffs win at trial, the NCAA and its schools could be liable to pay more than $4 billion in damages, which has motivated many leaders across the industry to seek a settlement.

With the settlement expected to cost billions in back pay for former athletes, it would likely also require the NCAA and conferences to agree to a system for sharing more revenue with some of its players moving forward.

lol..."any" would be "more", wouldn't it?
0 x