Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 week ago Everyone lost someone. This is the first off season that I’ve noticed that no one is safe from the portal. Duke, Kansas, ect.
Which makes me feel better that to this point we've kept 3 starters/probably our best 3, 2 freshmen who could easily go to a higher level program, and we've improved at 2 positions of need (true PG and consistent secondary producer).

Maybe things aren't as bad as some of the posters want to make the rest of us believe.
And we landed 2 starting guards with experience who shot 77% FT last season - FT shooting was a big weakness.

Fuchs, Green and House were our best 3 starters.
Kortright and Montgomery/Weston departures open up 2 starting slots to possibly go to Thomas and Lawrence - at the minimum. That does not count that others could potentially steal a starting spot from among the current roster or a starting spot stolen from players still to be named in the upcoming weeks/months.

I’ll take this base point at this time…….

Brown, Foumena, Montgomery, Weston and Dubsky were the right guys to depart imho. One door closes and another door opens.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 week ago Effective immediately

Great.
Simple. Consistent.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago

Why the fuck would I watch Albany basketball games? They went 5-11, second to last, in a bad conference, I've got better shit to do with my time. And I don't care what he did against Vermont in the Future Bankers of America basketball conference playing against guys whose biggest basketball accomplishments after college will be being their accounting firm's best player in the Saturday morning pickup league and winning the 8 and under CYO championship as a coach.

I already saw what he did here for two years, I don't need to watch games from the 21st ranked conference in college basketball to get a read on his game. Great, he looked better offensively playing against stiffs because he had all the time and space in the world to do what he wanted. Also, he was still a fucking horrific defender by the numbers considering the stiffs he was playing against. I was happy for him, he matched his talent with the competition level and did well offensively. But he's going to get chewed up at this level, just like he already did, and we're going to waste a year expecting the results to magically be different this time around.

If people truly believe in House, Cam, Green, Lawrence, and Fuchs they should be pissed that Archie's ruining that core, and the last seasons from at least House and Green, by bringing in a known failure at this level to play the most important position on the floor. If Sebastian Thomas! Part Deux is the best we can do at starting point guard as a program in year 3 of the Archie Miller era we are really and truly porked. This is like if we brought Matthew Butler back after one season at UT-Martin. We should be past this as a program by now
Hahahhaa what a pathetic response

Yep! Players can't get better!
Still far less pathetic than watching an Albany basketball game. Get more hobbies
Aren't we all college basketball fans? You never watch any low majors? Do you watch anyone but URI? By that logic it's pathetic to watch URI basketball lol.

I also never watched a FULL Albany game during the season. I found a full game on YouTube and watched it (skipping to the Bassy parts) to see how he looked.

The "stiffs" he was playing was Vermont. Are Vermont stiffs? Pretty sure Vermont would finish top 4 in the A-10 and he dropped 31 on them. 11-16 from the field against a good team. Vermont gave Duke all it could handle in the tournament two weeks later.

What about UMass, USF and Temple? Put 19, 17 and 18 on them respectively. Does that not translate to the A-10??? Sophomore Bassy could do that?

A sophomore Bassy would have put up 30 pts 4 times and have a 42 point game if he played in the America East???

Is he the worst player ever to average 19.6 pts a game??

Guess you won't find out til November! Might as well conveniently protect your biases by not even watching a second of his film at Albany!
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 week ago

I wouldn’t expect that to be a back court guy. It would seem hard to compel an impact guard to come here given how many bodies we have there that will see minutes. So if we say House is our most explosive guard then I don’t think it’s likely we bring in a better option than him.

Feel like there is a scenario where could upgrade at the wing or 4/5 where we have only 2 guys currently - Green and Fuchs.
At this point, I am not sure that we will bring in any pieces that will be immediately slotted for a starting position.
Right now, Archie knows what he needs in terms of depth, pretty obvious.
We need to bring in some players that will give us solid quality minutes when needed, and actually that can be a lot considering our history of injuries and foul trouble.

Our current starting 5 can be competitive and let's see how they match up against the rest of the A10.
PG- Bassy
CG- Lawrence (played mostly PG at Nebraska)
CG- House
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Bench - Cam (can see starter minutes), Ways, Farrell.

I still want to see more consistency from Green and development from Fuchs, and of course they will need plenty of help upfront.
Yeah it's depth guys that are left. Having 3 core guys who've played together, and a bench guy who has, is a key these days.

For some reason I think people are dismissing how much Green being out of basketball/practice and not expecting to play this year affected him and the team.

I expect a big jump from Green, the sophomore jump from Fuchs, and I think House will benefit having another capable scorer in Lawrence.

Speaking of, why isn't Lawrence getting more fanfare? Guy dropped double digits @ Indiana, @ Minnesota, in the B1G tourney against Indiana, @ Ohio State, vs IU again, @ Northwestern, against Minnesota again, against Northwestern, and in the conference tourney against Illinois he went 3/3 from the field.

Dude is a big game player on the road in some tough environments. One of the issues we had last year, especially in the OOC, was when the going got tough, we wilted. Part of that was a lot of immaturity (freshmen, new guys), but part of that was handling tougher teams in tougher environments. Getting slugged against NCAA teams and getting emasculated on the road.

Having a kid who clearly has no issue going into hostile environments, playing big minutes in big games, and delivering is invaluable.

Not sure we've ever had a transfer come down a level who was such a big contributor.
One reason he isn't getting any fanfare is because the majority of our fans won't even watch a second of a highlight reel.

Pretty sure a bunch of ppl on here had no idea what our 11 new players even looked like until they went to the CCSU game.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

I watch A LOT of random college basketball games because I gamble on A LOT of random college basketball games.
I watched more Tarleton State games than I care to admit. I feel like they also went about 20-7 against the spread. :)
3 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Still far less pathetic than watching an Albany basketball game. Get more hobbies
Aren't we all college basketball fans? You never watch any low majors? Do you watch anyone but URI? By that logic it's pathetic to watch URI basketball lol.

I also never watched a FULL Albany game during the season. I found a full game on YouTube and watched it (skipping to the Bassy parts) to see how he looked.

The "stiffs" he was playing was Vermont. Are Vermont stiffs? Pretty sure Vermont would finish top 4 in the A-10 and he dropped 31 on them. 11-16 from the field against a good team. Vermont gave Duke all it could handle in the tournament two weeks later.

What about UMass, USF and Temple? Put 19, 17 and 18 on them respectively. Does that not translate to the A-10??? Sophomore Bassy could do that?

A sophomore Bassy would have put up 30 pts 4 times and have a 42 point game if he played in the America East???

Guess you won't find out til November! Might as well conveniently protect your biases by not even watching a second of his film at Albany!
Correct, I won’t watch ONE SECOND of anyone’s highlight films.

You know why? Because every player look like MJ in their highlight
Film.

It’s also completely pointless, seeing how 99% of our recruits have been hyped up beyond belief by posters wasting time watching highlights only to have them suck, transfer after one season or decommit.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Why the fuck would I watch Albany basketball games? They went 5-11, second to last, in a bad conference, I've got better shit to do with my time. And I don't care what he did against Vermont in the Future Bankers of America basketball conference playing against guys whose biggest basketball accomplishments after college will be being their accounting firm's best player in the Saturday morning pickup league and winning the 8 and under CYO championship as a coach.

I already saw what he did here for two years, I don't need to watch games from the 21st ranked conference in college basketball to get a read on his game. Great, he looked better offensively playing against stiffs because he had all the time and space in the world to do what he wanted. Also, he was still a fucking horrific defender by the numbers considering the stiffs he was playing against. I was happy for him, he matched his talent with the competition level and did well offensively. But he's going to get chewed up at this level, just like he already did, and we're going to waste a year expecting the results to magically be different this time around.

If people truly believe in House, Cam, Green, Lawrence, and Fuchs they should be pissed that Archie's ruining that core, and the last seasons from at least House and Green, by bringing in a known failure at this level to play the most important position on the floor. If Sebastian Thomas! Part Deux is the best we can do at starting point guard as a program in year 3 of the Archie Miller era we are really and truly porked. This is like if we brought Matthew Butler back after one season at UT-Martin. We should be past this as a program by now

Is trying to be the most critical of other posters a hobby? (Asking for a friend)
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Lynne Greer to Temple. I'm not surprised he'd follow his father's footsteps, but was hoping we'd get a look

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The URI message board.

The Twilight Zone.

Or Bizarro World.

More time spent pissing on each other than talking about the program.

We have become just like the team.

We both suck. At least we're good at something!
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago

Film.

It’s also completely pointless, seeing how 99% of our recruits have been hyped up beyond belief by posters wasting time watching highlights only to have them suck, transfer after one season or decommit.
The fact this got two likes

😂😂😂

#NeverHighlights
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We have to see the results on the court before passing judgement.

At least I do.

The hype train has derailed far too often over the years.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

This is what I think is the largest issue with the overwhelming majority of our fanbase (which largely sits outside of this message board).

There is ZERO perspective on college basketball vs URI in every single area. It's the age-old "why do we need a practice facility, Jim Harrick got Lamar Odom from a trailer" idea.

No one really understands what is good relative to college basketball, everything is compared against what is "good" for URI. So when other programs were building practice facilities and locker rooms, it didn't matter if we had them, because what we had was "nicer" than what Frank Keaney had, so why do any better than that?

When we needed more money for our assistant coaches, Dan Hurley getting $400k was "good" for URI because Jim Baron never had that, why do we need better?

Other people are doing NIL and doing it well, it doesn't matter to us because URI never did it so why would anyone give to it now??

On and on and on - there are literally hundreds to thousands of examples across all of URI (and the state) as a whole where "we're doing it slightly better than we were doing it before, that's good enough!" while being blissfully (or willfully) ignorant that just about everyone else has been doing it better. But no one cares because the litmus test is URI and not an objective level of truth.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago

I think he's just trying to troll at this point. His comments are reaching Rhody72 levels. At least 72 was funny. Anyone who watches sports knows that college players typically improve and develop once they become juniors or seniors. You'd have to be a complete idiot not to understand that. The funniest part is Matthew Butler is an example of a player who improved as he got older. He had a great senior year and played well against a few high majors. We see teams get upset in March literally every single season, yet there are still people here who assume every non-high-major player and team sucks. We are going to get eaten alive by a player on PC who played at Chicago St. But people like Rhodyram will just assume he sucks because he came from that program.

Just remember that this dude thinks Bassy hasn't improved in any way, won't make any impact in the A10, is slower than Luis, and will put up the same numbers as his sophomore year. We'll see what happens.
Yeah, keep thinking playing against stiffs means he got better. But hey, you watched a highlight clip on YouTube, you must know what you're talking about
I know you can't keep up, but I already sent you the Albany games I watched last year. I didn't watch many; I watched 5 games in total. Not a YouTube clip. And I don't give a shit if you have better things to do and you don't watch. Good for you.. I enjoy watching basketball. You clearly don't watch much, if at all, based on your outrageously wrong takes.

Regardless, are you saying you can't tell if a player is faster than another player from a highlight clip? You avoided this question last time and my question on your prediction on Bassy's stats. Wait, do you think they speed up the videos to make them look faster or something? Because that would be hilarious. Regarding highlight clips, it's hard to know how good of a shooter they are or how they defend. Things like that make plenty of sense. But you can see how fast a player looks with the ball in his hands compared to another. I'm truly confused about how you don't think that's possible.

You believe:

Players in college basketball can't improve, and they peak in their sophomore year.
You can't tell if a player runs faster than another player from a highlight clip.
Luis, who is the slowest guard we've had arguably ever, is faster than Bassy.
Any low-major team and player sucks, and it means nothing what type of stats they have at that level

Wow..
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I think he's just trying to troll at this point. His comments are reaching Rhody72 levels. At least 72 was funny. Anyone who watches sports knows that college players typically improve and develop once they become juniors or seniors. You'd have to be a complete idiot not to understand that. The funniest part is Matthew Butler is an example of a player who improved as he got older. He had a great senior year and played well against a few high majors. We see teams get upset in March literally every single season, yet there are still people here who assume every non-high-major player and team sucks. We are going to get eaten alive by a player on PC who played at Chicago St. But people like Rhodyram will just assume he sucks because he came from that program.

Just remember that this dude thinks Bassy hasn't improved in any way, won't make any impact in the A10, is slower than Luis, and will put up the same numbers as his sophomore year. We'll see what happens.
Yeah, keep thinking playing against stiffs means he got better. But hey, you watched a highlight clip on YouTube, you must know what you're talking about
I know you can't keep up, but I already sent you the Albany games I watched last year. I didn't watch many; I watched 5 games in total. Not a YouTube clip. And I don't give a shit if you have better things to do and you don't watch. Good for you.. I enjoy watching basketball. You clearly don't watch much, if at all, based on your outrageously wrong takes.

Regardless, are you saying you can't tell if a player is faster than another player from a highlight clip? You avoided this question last time and my question on your prediction on Bassy's stats. Wait, do you think they speed up the videos to make them look faster or something? Because that would be hilarious. Regarding highlight clips, it's hard to know how good of a shooter they are or how they defend. Things like that make plenty of sense. But you can see how fast a player looks with the ball in his hands compared to another. I'm truly confused about how you don't think that's possible.

You believe:

Players in college basketball can't improve, and they peak in their sophomore year.
You can't tell if a player runs faster than another player from a highlight clip.
Any low-major team and player sucks, and it means nothing what type of stats they have at that level

Wow..
Yeah and Vermont is a bunch of stiffs! Stiffs that beat SLU by 10+ College of Charleston, Yale and was within 10 points of Duke in the NCAA tournament until about 3 minutes left.

What a horrible, hopeless 28 win team!

Not impressive at all that Bassy almost singlehandedly beat them, at Vermont, with the season on the line! 31 points, meh, child's play.

19 pts against UMass
17 against AAC regular season champ South Florida
18 against Temple

30 against LIU
30 against Binghampton
32 against UMBC

25 and 19 against the UNH team that beat us (Luis had EIGHT points in that game with only 2 made FG's lol)

Awful performances!

None of that will possibly translate at the A-10 level with another offseason of development under his belt!
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

You believe:

Wow..
125%
. I appreciate the love for Rhody , but the basic understanding of the game by some posters is embarrassing.
Bassy was not nearly as bad as many here have said. He actually had a big upside, great vision and court presence.
I was unhappy he left.
He is a RI kid, a super person, that WANTS to be here.. URI doesn't have that often

Way too many posters have never played cyo, little league or a sport, and criticize everyone. I'd love to see how many people have actually played against a D 2 player in any sport, but criticize everyone with absolutely no understanding of any athletic event. But will sit there with a cheeseburger and craft beer and tell you how bad everyone is
9 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

This guy might have set the all time record of transferring. With college movement and high school movement. Not sure he has stayed at one place for over a year.

It is amazing this guy is still bouncing around in college ball. I always forget about him and them see him pop up again

Edit:

4 HS in 4 years. Started at Nebraska, went to Eastern Illinois, then Colby Community College, then St Peters and possibly another school after he enters the portal.

I remember during Cox era we were rumored for him to come to URI.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

sevegny7 wrote: 1 week ago

This guy might have set the all time record of transferring. With college movement and high school movement. Not sure he has stayed at one place for over a year.

It is amazing this guy is still bouncing around in college ball. I always forget about him and them see him pop up again

Edit:

4 HS in 4 years. Started at Nebraska, went to Eastern Illinois, then Colby Community College, then St Peters and possibly another school after he enters the portal.

I remember during Cox era we were rumored for him to come to URI.
He did sign an NLI (or at least a verbal) to come here at some point. Can't remember if he decommitted when Cox was fired or if it was before that.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

A young man ahead of his time. He’s a pioneer going back to HS. He’s the Lewis and Clark of the no sit out rule.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It seems like Baron recruited Elijah Wood. That's how long ago it seems.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

You believe:

Wow..
Yeah and Vermont is a bunch of stiffs! Stiffs that beat SLU by 10+ College of Charleston, Yale and was within 10 points of Duke in the NCAA tournament until about 3 minutes left.

What a horrible, hopeless 28 win team!

Not impressive at all that Bassy almost singlehandedly beat them, at Vermont, with the season on the line! 31 points, meh, child's play.

19 pts against UMass
17 against AAC regular season champ South Florida
18 against Temple

30 against LIU
30 against Binghampton
32 against UMBC

25 and 19 against the UNH team that beat us (Luis had EIGHT points in that game with only 2 made FG's lol)

Awful performances!

None of that will possibly translate at the A-10 level with another offseason of development under his belt!

42 points @UMASS Lowell, shot 53.6% from the field.
1 x
GO RAMS
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Dan used to push publicly for what the program needed, has Archie said NIL is important to the program’s success? Has he been trying to drum up support among the fan base? Really, outside of the die hards who even knows it exists and why it’s important? Seems to me if something that I needed from others was critical to my success I would make my case to them. He may have an be doing that and I apologize if I missed it…but if I missed it, then I guess most others have too.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote: 1 week ago Dan used to push publicly for what the program needed, has Archie said NIL is important to the program’s success? Has he been trying to drum up support among the fan base? Really, outside of the die hards who even knows it exists and why it’s important? Seems to me if something that I needed from others was critical to my success I would make my case to them. He may have an be doing that and I apologize if I missed it…but if I missed it, then I guess most others have too.
But, but, he did those ads that appeared on the big screen at the Ry. (I wonder if he got paid for that)
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m actually on the Bassy train think it’s a nice pickup and I think he will do well , I’m thinking he averages over 12 a game as well as being a solid distributor in over 30 minutes as a starter
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 week ago Yeah I’m actually on the Bassy train think it’s a nice pickup and I think he will do well , I’m thinking he averages over 12 a game as well as being a solid distributor in over 30 minutes as a starter
and I've never seen him just 'give up' either...and I can't think of anyone on last year's team that didn't do that at least a few times...
1 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago
reef wrote: 1 week ago Yeah I’m actually on the Bassy train think it’s a nice pickup and I think he will do well , I’m thinking he averages over 12 a game as well as being a solid distributor in over 30 minutes as a starter
and I've never seen him just 'give up' either...and I can't think of anyone on last year's team that didn't do that at least a few times...
Count me in the Bassy camp. Never left it. Always expected him to mature by his junior year. And love the RI thing.
0 x
scituateram
Jim Eitner

Unread post by scituateram »

Feel like if we brought on Tyson Wheeler with Bassy that we’d have some semblance of a team that has an attitude or at least an identity that could hopefully trickle down.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote: 1 week ago Dan used to push publicly for what the program needed, has Archie said NIL is important to the program’s success? Has he been trying to drum up support among the fan base? Really, outside of the die hards who even knows it exists and why it’s important? Seems to me if something that I needed from others was critical to my success I would make my case to them. He may have an be doing that and I apologize if I missed it…but if I missed it, then I guess most others have too.
Archie is pushing his camp, but I haven't seen him pushing Rhody Excellence on twitter. Maybe he has, but I haven't seen it.

0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

You believe:

Wow..
Stevie, if Bassy is slower than Luis, I certainly would agree with you. My question is - are you sure Bassy is not quicker and faster than Luis. Although I’ve never seen them on the same court together, my impression is that Bassy is quicker and faster. (Not Fatts quick/fast)
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I thought the point of the Bassy “hire” was speed? If he does not pan out to be faster then Luis, Archie will need PT doing his 1/2 windmill motion. Note, Rhody Rehab does not provide PT.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago I thought the point of the Bassy “hire” was speed? If he does not pan out to be faster then Luis, Archie will need PT doing his 1/2 windmill motion. Note, Rhody Rehab does not provide PT.
surely, you must have a referral service that you can refer someone to? you know, for a referral?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

…are people really confused about whether Thomas is faster than Luis?

It’s not even close.

Luis could not be any slower, Thomas is 2X as quick.
3 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RJRam wrote: 1 week ago
Count me in the Bassy camp. Never left it. Always expected him to mature by his junior year. And love the RI thing.
Yeah I like that angle too , doesn’t happen that much a RI kid excelling @ URI
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago I thought the point of the Bassy “hire” was speed? If he does not pan out to be faster then Luis, Archie will need PT doing his 1/2 windmill motion. Note, Rhody Rehab does not provide PT.
surely, you must have a referral service that you can refer someone to? you know, for a referral?
I kinda subscribe to the theory of, “rub some dirt on it……”
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

McRam wrote: 1 week ago
ramster wrote: 1 week ago
Rhody Sody wrote: 1 week ago

Might be some deals at the deadline. Players being too patient or trying to reach, only so many spots on each team. I think last COVID year so realistically too many people in the portal. When the music gets close to stopping they might be scrambling for a seat.
Deadline is May 1st to enter the Portal this year.
There is no deadline for committing to a school so players will be added to rosters continually.

The prime candidates signings in the upcoming days up to May 1st could result in more players entering last minute as current roster players may see their starting spot in jeopardy or see their playing time opportunity reduced. Coaches will be watching this carefully in the coming days.
I believe the May 1 deadline does not apply to graduate “students”. This could be a real cluster f***. Eg. Jaden House surprisingly enters portal in June. The pickings are very slim at that point.
2 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Great.
Simple. Consistent.
Good catch! This avoids some real potential problems. Glad they fixed it. !
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Great.
Simple. Consistent.
Yes. And I think with the extra Covid year there have been more grad students so it’s good to have all students ts on the same portal closure date. Seems common sense to begin with but it’s the Wild West without many rules or limits.
0 x
RhodyNorth
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by RhodyNorth »

Be interested to see how this impacts bringing in transfers. Could limit guys from leaving after being recruited over if you wait until after May 1 to do so. They could be doing this at the 4/5 to keep Fuchs from entering the portal.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Great.
Simple. Consistent.
Yes. And I think with the extra Covid year there have been more grad students so it’s good to have all students ts on the same portal closure date. Seems common sense to begin with but it’s the Wild West without many rules or limits.
How can a player go in the portal as a grad transfer if they haven't graduated yet?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago

How can a player go in the portal as a grad transfer if they haven't graduated yet?
They go to the portal website :D
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago

Film.

The fact this got two likes

😂😂😂

#NeverHighlights
Not sure I agree that every player can look like Michael Jordan in highlight videos………

IMG_3250.gif
IMG_3250.gif (531.28 KiB) Viewed 914 times
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote: 1 week ago Lynne Greer to Temple. I'm not surprised he'd follow his father's footsteps, but was hoping we'd get a look

His dad is on the coaching staff at Temple as Chief of Staff
IMG_3249.png
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Great.
Simple. Consistent.
Yeah Ramster, with time running out on the additional Covid year (20-21) we will soon see much less grad transfers in the portal.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yeah Ramster, with time running out on the additional Covid year (20-21) we will soon see much less grad transfers in the portal.
There are also some players who are just extending their undergrad experience to 5 years because they want to OR their current school does not have a Graduate Program and they want to stay at that school.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago …are people really confused about whether Thomas is faster than Luis?

It’s not even close.

Luis could not be any slower, Thomas is 2X as quick.
Yes. Bassy's biggest hater, Rhowdy, has said that Luis is faster multiple times. I think 99% of people here know he's not, but that's why I've kept going back and forth with him. You don't have to like or believe in Bassy, but when he can't even admit that Bassy is faster than Luis, he's either intentionally being a troll or completely clueless.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

There are also some players who are just extending their undergrad experience to 5 years because they want to OR their current school does not have a Graduate Program and they want to stay at that school.
Yep, very true.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

09, I think this would be good for the A10. Extra PR, more eyes maybe, etc.

Thanks for the post.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I feel like we had a few more bites at this time last season, could mean that Archie and Co. are being more patient and selective this time around.
1 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Someone floated the idea that he's waiting til after the declaring deadline so no one else can bolt... doesn't sound half bad....
2 x