Shoniker to take over at UNH

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Shoniker to take over at UNH

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Ram Associate Head Coach Megan Shoniker has been hired to take over the University of New Hampshire Women's basketball program.

https://unhwildcats.com/news/2024/4/24/ ... head-coach
2 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Re: Shoniker to take over at UNH

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Classy statement from Tammi at the end of the article:

Statement from URI head coach Tammi Reiss
"I couldn't be any prouder or happier for Megan being named the new head women's basketball coach at the University of New Hampshire. Since day one of joining our program Meg has diligently worked hard in gaining knowledge and growing her expertise as an assistant and associate head coach. Meg's dream and career goal was to be a head coach and in her five years here in Kingston I watched her apply herself in all areas and aspects of the job. She has never been more ready to lead her own program with her vision. I cannot thank her enough for all that she has done for our program and our student-athletes. She has been a tremendous asset as a player and as a coach for the University of Rhode Island. This is very bittersweet for me as I hate seeing her leave but am so very happy that she fulfilled her dream. I hope New Hampshire is ready for that energy, passion, and fire that's about to happen when Coach Shoniker steps foot on campus. They got themselves a great one."
6 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

NHRamFan wrote: 1 week ago Classy statement from Tammi at the end of the article:

Statement from URI head coach Tammi Reiss
"I couldn't be any prouder or happier for Megan being named the new head women's basketball coach at the University of New Hampshire. Since day one of joining our program Meg has diligently worked hard in gaining knowledge and growing her expertise as an assistant and associate head coach. Meg's dream and career goal was to be a head coach and in her five years here in Kingston I watched her apply herself in all areas and aspects of the job. She has never been more ready to lead her own program with her vision. I cannot thank her enough for all that she has done for our program and our student-athletes. She has been a tremendous asset as a player and as a coach for the University of Rhode Island. This is very bittersweet for me as I hate seeing her leave but am so very happy that she fulfilled her dream. I hope New Hampshire is ready for that energy, passion, and fire that's about to happen when Coach Shoniker steps foot on campus. They got themselves a great one."
Go Wildcats!!
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Shoni is a class act and so is Tammi. Knock 'em dead Megan!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Classy statement from Tammi. I think it must be emotionally and mentally easier when an assistant leaves to become a head coach. Far more understandable than when an assistant leaves for a similar assistant position elsewhere.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not a surprise to see Megan Shoniker leave for a HC job or for an AC job at a P5 school. Megan will be great at UNH. Might be a player or two follows Megan to UNH.

Megan is highly respected and has build her reputation consistently higher in her years here. Wouldn’t be surprised if she returns to URI as HC one day.

Megan was an Assistant Head Coach, Tammi has 2 Assistant Head Coaches. As with Dan Hurley, Tammi is good at recognizing coaching talent, development and promoting.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a current staff member promoted to Assistant Coach shortly

IMG_3289.jpeg
1 x