Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by Obadiah »

Bassy has one distinction, in his entire career he has always played on a losing team.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I don’t think it’s an option. We must get stronger than just adding Thomas and Lawrence IF we are going to knock on the NCAA door.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 week ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago

Is it totally unrealistic to hope/think they could bring in guys (that we haven't considered) that would be among the top 3 players on the team? And everyone slide down a slot? Or two?
I wouldn’t expect that to be a back court guy. It would seem hard to compel an impact guard to come here given how many bodies we have there that will see minutes. So if we say House is our most explosive guard then I don’t think it’s likely we bring in a better option than him.

Feel like there is a scenario where could upgrade at the wing or 4/5 where we have only 2 guys currently - Green and Fuchs.
At this point, I am not sure that we will bring in any pieces that will be immediately slotted for a starting position.
Right now, Archie knows what he needs in terms of depth, pretty obvious.
We need to bring in some players that will give us solid quality minutes when needed, and actually that can be a lot considering our history of injuries and foul trouble.

Our current starting 5 can be competitive and let's see how they match up against the rest of the A10.
PG- Bassy
CG- Lawrence (played mostly PG at Nebraska)
CG- House
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Bench - Cam (can see starter minutes), Ways, Farrell.

I still want to see more consistency from Green and development from Fuchs, and of course they will need plenty of help upfront.
Yeah it's depth guys that are left. Having 3 core guys who've played together, and a bench guy who has, is a key these days.

For some reason I think people are dismissing how much Green being out of basketball/practice and not expecting to play this year affected him and the team.

I expect a big jump from Green, the sophomore jump from Fuchs, and I think House will benefit having another capable scorer in Lawrence.

Speaking of, why isn't Lawrence getting more fanfare? Guy dropped double digits @ Indiana, @ Minnesota, in the B1G tourney against Indiana, @ Ohio State, vs IU again, @ Northwestern, against Minnesota again, against Northwestern, and in the conference tourney against Illinois he went 3/3 from the field.

Dude is a big game player on the road in some tough environments. One of the issues we had last year, especially in the OOC, was when the going got tough, we wilted. Part of that was a lot of immaturity (freshmen, new guys), but part of that was handling tougher teams in tougher environments. Getting slugged against NCAA teams and getting emasculated on the road.

Having a kid who clearly has no issue going into hostile environments, playing big minutes in big games, and delivering is invaluable.

Not sure we've ever had a transfer come down a level who was such a big contributor.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ramster wrote: 1 week ago I don’t think it’s an option. We must get stronger than just adding Thomas and Lawrence IF we are going to knock on the NCAA door.
I think we're one big away.

We're not trying to win the B1G or Big East. We're trying to win the A10.

I think this roster plus another big can get it done.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago

I wouldn’t expect that to be a back court guy. It would seem hard to compel an impact guard to come here given how many bodies we have there that will see minutes. So if we say House is our most explosive guard then I don’t think it’s likely we bring in a better option than him.

Feel like there is a scenario where could upgrade at the wing or 4/5 where we have only 2 guys currently - Green and Fuchs.
At this point, I am not sure that we will bring in any pieces that will be immediately slotted for a starting position.
We need to bring in some players that will give us solid quality minutes when needed, and actually that can be a lot considering our history of injuries and foul trouble.

Our current starting 5 can be competitive and let's see how they match up against the rest of the A10.
PG- Bassy
CG- House
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

I still want to see more consistency from Green and development from Fuchs, and of course they will need plenty of help upfront.
Yeah it's depth guys that are left. Having 3 core guys who've played together, and a bench guy who has, is a key these days.

For some reason I think people are dismissing how much Green being out of basketball/practice and not expecting to play this year affected him and the team.

I expect a big jump from Green, the sophomore jump from Fuchs, and I think House will benefit having another capable scorer in Lawrence.

Speaking of, why isn't Lawrence getting more fanfare? Guy dropped double digits @ Indiana, @ Minnesota, in the B1G tourney against Indiana, @ Ohio State, vs IU again, @ Northwestern, against Minnesota again, against Northwestern, and in the conference tourney against Illinois he went 3/3 from the field.

Dude is a big game player on the road in some tough environments. One of the issues we had last year, especially in the OOC, was when the going got tough, we wilted. Part of that was a lot of immaturity (freshmen, new guys), but part of that was handling tougher teams in tougher environments. Getting slugged against NCAA teams and getting emasculated on the road.

Having a kid who clearly has no issue going into hostile environments, playing big minutes in big games, and delivering is invaluable.

Not sure we've ever had a transfer come down a level who was such a big contributor.
Yes Blue Man, I think getting Lawrence was a steal, I didn't think we would be able to pull it off.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 1 week ago I don’t think it’s an option. We must get stronger than just adding Thomas and Lawrence IF we are going to knock on the NCAA door.
I think we're one big away.

We're not trying to win the B1G or Big East. We're trying to win the A10.

I think this roster plus another big can get it done.
Agree. I was responding to the comment that no potential starters would be expected to be added moving forward

I love the additions of Thomas and Lawrence. Great moves by Miller.
Need a high quality starter to add to the mix - a potential All Conference level player.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

For me, even getting close to knocking on NCAA door, we must get big guy, and everyone make that wished for jump from last season.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NCAA door? I think we lost the key.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I think we need more than just one good big.

Another impact wing at least

Need more quality depth everywhere also.

We are not close to a dance team as of now.

We have 8 players and how many are high level A10 players. Need more.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Also building for the 25-26 season no longer applies.

It used to be that we could count on keeping a talented core together until they graduate.

Used to be.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago I think we need more than just one good big.

Yes, we do need players and I would love to get a rim protector, but just not sure they will all be slotted as immediate starters.
Like I said, if we can upgrade from our current expected starters great, but not sure that is going to happen.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

House has all league potential IMO. Needs to bring it in all phases besides scoring but if he did he has that potential.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If Archie can't bring in any more impact players for this season, then what does that tell us?

Not enough dough?

Or something else?

Draw your own conclusions.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago If Archie can't bring in any more impact players for this season, then what does that tell us?

Not enough dough?

Or something else?

OR it could tell you...he likes the guys he's got in core rotation.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago I think we need more than just one good big.

Currently there are no teams in the A10 that can be penciled in as favorites or close to getting an NCAAT bid.
It is still early and most teams in our conference still have much work to do in building their rosters.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago If Archie can't bring in any more impact players for this season, then what does that tell us?

Not enough dough?

Or something else?

Yeah I mean, we've improved. Literally at every position either by growth/development/experience, or adding key things we were missing (true PG, speed via Bassy, or big game p5 experience/production from Lawrence).

Fuchs got better and better throughout the year.

This roster should, barring any injuries, be ready to go on day 1. Last year you had Green's eligibility and Bilau's injury issues looming. You also don't have the "newcomer" angle where no one on the roster had played at the A10 level before.

Last year was the first year for our entire starting lineup playing at the A10 level for a full season. More importantly no one is coming off of extended time off the court either. Kortright came from the MAAC. House from the Big South. Montgomery from the MVC. Green from CUSA and basically a year off. Fuchs from some low level "professional" German league. Brown from juco. Estevez true freshman. Foumena red shirt. Brandon Weston had the highest level of experience at this level with 17 mins a game.

Across the entire roster you had one rotation guy with 1 season of 17 mpg of A10 level experience or greater.

This year: Thomas, 2 years A10. House, 1 year A10. Lawrence, 2 years B1G. Green 1 year A10. Fuchs 1 year A10. Estevez 1 year A10.

I think that's a roster that is going to compete for a conference title. And I stand by believing last year's team would've had the same chance if more than 3 players were available all season. This roster is better. Significantly.

Short of another big who can split time with Fuchs - who else is in the portal that we can get that's going to give us more than House or Green? Unless it's another Lawrence situation, I'd rather not experiment with another guy from a lower level conference that's going to have to adjust to the A10 level of play.

Unless it's Coit and Bassy is going to split time at the point.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Jersey I think at this point you can pencil in SLU for Top 4 contender. Just with Avila, Swopes and Jimmerson alone. That is a very good core group for this league. Besides them everyone else's roster is still too influx to make a call.
4 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Not enough dough?

Or something else?

Yeah I mean, we've improved. Literally at every position either by growth/development/experience, or adding key things we were missing (true PG, speed via Bassy, or big game p5 experience/production from Lawrence).

Fuchs got better and better throughout the year.

This roster should, barring any injuries, be ready to go on day 1. Last year you had Green's eligibility and Bilau's injury issues looming. You also don't have the "newcomer" angle where no one on the roster had played at the A10 level before.

Last year was the first year for our entire starting lineup playing at the A10 level for a full season. More importantly no one is coming off of extended time off the court either. Kortright came from the MAAC. House from the Big South. Montgomery from the MVC. Green from CUSA and basically a year off. Fuchs from some low level "professional" German league. Brown from juco. Estevez true freshman. Foumena red shirt. Brandon Weston had the highest level of experience at this level with 17 mins a game.

Across the entire roster you had one rotation guy with 1 season of 17 mpg of A10 level experience or greater.

This year: Thomas, 2 years A10. House, 1 year A10. Lawrence, 2 years B1G. Green 1 year A10. Fuchs 1 year A10. Estevez 1 year A10.

I think that's a roster that is going to compete for a conference title. And I stand by believing last year's team would've had the same chance if more than 3 players were available all season. This roster is better. Significantly.

Short of another big who can split time with Fuchs - who else is in the portal that we can get that's going to give us more than House or Green? Unless it's another Lawrence situation, I'd rather not experiment with another guy from a lower level conference that's going to have to adjust to the A10 level of play.

Unless it's Coit and Bassy is going to split time at the point.
Blue Man, I agree.
With several more depth pieces, I will be more optimistic going into 24-25 than I was the previous couple of seasons.

5 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 1 week ago Jersey I think at this point you can pencil in SLU for Top 4 contender. Just with Avila, Swopes and Jimmerson alone. That is a very good core group for this league. Besides them everyone else's roster is still too influx to make a call.
Yeah, Schertz was a solid hire.

In addition, they are also expecting a commitment very soon from (PG)Dotzler (Creighton) and (PF/C) Casey from Miami.

Besides SLU, Loyola and GM seem to be reloading pretty well.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Lesson learned, don’t hire a coach and compound it by hiring a top assistant who have been out of the biz. I had expected the same recruiting bump from the excitement of the new hire here…still waiting.
0 x
Rams99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rams99 »

Is Bilau is expecting to be healthy this season. I don’t remember his injury and I keep forgetting he’s still with us.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rams99 wrote: 1 week ago Is Bilau is expecting to be healthy this season. I don’t remember his injury and I keep forgetting he’s still with us.
He's not coming back

Although it would be nice if he wasn't made of glass and was coming back!
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Get this guy please.
0 x
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

PG- Bassy
CG- House
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Scott Hazelton. Uconn
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URIFIJI wrote: 1 week ago

PG- Bassy
CG- House
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Scott Hazelton. Uconn
Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
Stanford Robinson - Indiana
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

PG- Bassy
CG- House
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Scott Hazelton. Uconn
I think they're saying a big contributor at their previous school and still came down a level to us. Hazelton only averaged 8.2 minutes per game over 42 games at UConn, with 2.5 points per game and 1.7 rebounds per game
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Not sure if he was previously posted.
He would be a nice addition at forward.

1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 week ago

Scott Hazelton. Uconn
Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
To my previous post:

Luther Clay only averaged 7.6 minutes per game, 2.5 points, and 1.6 rebounds
Kuran Iverson averaged 9.9 minutes per game, 3.1 points, and 1.7 rebounds
Stanford Robinson averaged 14.2 minutes per game, 4.7 points, and 2.2 rebounds

Jamarques Lawrence averaged 21 minutes per game, 6 points, and 2.7 rebounds. Assuming Blue Man is talking about what everyone did in their previous school and not what they did here it does seem like Lawrence is the best of the bunch and I can't think of someone off the top of my head that might have done better
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Scott Hazelton. Uconn
Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
Irv Chatman
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago
Scott Hazelton. Uconn
Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
Irv Chatman
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... man-1.html
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Scott Hazelton. Uconn
Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
Irv Chatman
Yes, we had players trade down from high majors, but as Blue Man posted none had the same impact at that level that Lawrence did.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago

Scott Hazelton. Uconn
I think they're saying a big contributor at their previous school and still came down a level to us. Hazelton only averaged 8.2 minutes per game over 42 games at UConn, with 2.5 points per game and 1.7 rebounds per game
Good point, 02.

That said, I think the list of the guys above tells me we should target guys that don’t play much at the P6 level and are looking to transfer down. It appears we have had good success targeting those players.

Perhaps they are disgruntled and looking for PT to prove themselves and aren’t as costly from an NIL perspective because they aren’t proven yet. They compete in practice against high level talent everyday in practice and are exposed to playing in big game atmosphere’s, as well, even if they only play minimal minutes.

Seems like good value roster additions if you can land them.

If I was a coach at a mid-major, I would be scouting for and tampering with - errr…I mean recruiting - that profile of player first before hunting guys transferring up.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 week ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
Irv Chatman
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... man-1.html
He was a defensive force and rebounder on the '78 team. He didn't have to score a lot. We had Sly Williams, Jiggy Williamson and Stanley Wright, 3 all-time greats, for that.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Scott Hazelton. Uconn
Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
Neither of those three were BIG contributors. Neither was Irv Chatman.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

He was a defensive force and rebounder on the '78 team. He didn't have to score a lot. We had Sly Williams, Jiggy Williamson and Stanley Wright, 3 all-time greats, for that.
Averaged 1.4 pts per game at TN. Was not a big contributor on a P5 before Rhody.

Funny enough

Listening to Tennessee sports radio in Knoxville, some old Vol basketball brought Irv Chatman up! Talked about losing him was a big loss because he would've complimented Bernard King and Ernie Grunfeld well. Couldn't believe he said that!
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago
Scott Hazelton. Uconn
Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
You saw Irv Chatman play? Well, I did. He was a HUGE contributor on the '78 team, a defensive force in the middle and a very good rebounder. Any of the other old timers here will back me up on that.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago Due to his turnovers Thomas is incapable of being a competent floor general. It doesn't matter if he goes up the floor at the speed Archie wants if it's going right back down the other way even faster when the opponent gets a fast break off of his mistakes.

It's not just that we know he's unplayable at this level, it's the fact that we've got a program that needs to improve and we're going back to an already failed option
Did you actually watch a single game of his all year?

If not, watch the Albany Vermont game and explain how he will suck here surrounded by House, Cam, Green, Lawrence and Fuchs?
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

78, good point above.

Players can provide a team with a big boost without scoring. Playing very good D, rebounding, moving the ball, making clutch plays, etc.

Very important ingredient to a winning team and those players listed above did those things.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago 78, good point above.

Players can provide a team with a big boost without scoring. Playing very good D, rebounding, moving the ball, making clutch plays, etc.

Very important ingredient to a winning team and those players listed above did those things.
He was a very good starting center on what I believe was the best team we've ever had, the team that had the best chance to win a national championship. Only '88 and '98 are other teams that had a chance.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
You saw Irv Chatman play? Well, I did. He was a HUGE contributor on the '78 team, a defensive force in the middle and a very good rebounder. Any of the other old timers here will back me up on that.
He wasn't a big contributor at Tennessee, which is the whole point
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

He wasn't a big contributor at Tennessee, which is the whole point
OK, I'm wrong there. He was also only there his freshman year with some future NBA stars. But, you're right.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree with those that want 2 more guys who play the 4 and 5 and able to crack the rotation , then we should be pretty formidable
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Luther Clay - Purdue
Kuran Iverson - Memphis
Irv Chatman
Yes, we had players trade down from high majors, but as Blue Man posted none had the same impact at that level that Lawrence did.
Kind of an apples-oranges comparison, because of the difference in eras. I think guys playing major minutes at power conference teams and still transferring down is a pretty new occurrence.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

RIFan wrote: 1 week ago Lesson learned, don’t hire a coach and compound it by hiring a top assistant who have been out of the biz. I had expected the same recruiting bump from the excitement of the new hire here…still waiting.
Excellent point that I hadn't thought of
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

Irv was known as Irv “slap that shit back” Chatman back in the day. And yes he was very good at URI and was a defensive force!
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago Due to his turnovers Thomas is incapable of being a competent floor general. It doesn't matter if he goes up the floor at the speed Archie wants if it's going right back down the other way even faster when the opponent gets a fast break off of his mistakes.

It's not just that we know he's unplayable at this level, it's the fact that we've got a program that needs to improve and we're going back to an already failed option

If not, watch the Albany Vermont game and explain how he will suck here surrounded by House, Cam, Green, Lawrence and Fuchs?
Why the fuck would I watch Albany basketball games? They went 5-11, second to last, in a bad conference, I've got better shit to do with my time. And I don't care what he did against Vermont in the Future Bankers of America basketball conference playing against guys whose biggest basketball accomplishments after college will be being their accounting firm's best player in the Saturday morning pickup league and winning the 8 and under CYO championship as a coach.

I already saw what he did here for two years, I don't need to watch games from the 21st ranked conference in college basketball to get a read on his game. Great, he looked better offensively playing against stiffs because he had all the time and space in the world to do what he wanted. Also, he was still a fucking horrific defender by the numbers considering the stiffs he was playing against. I was happy for him, he matched his talent with the competition level and did well offensively. But he's going to get chewed up at this level, just like he already did, and we're going to waste a year expecting the results to magically be different this time around.

If people truly believe in House, Cam, Green, Lawrence, and Fuchs they should be pissed that Archie's ruining that core, and the last seasons from at least House and Green, by bringing in a known failure at this level to play the most important position on the floor. If Sebastian Thomas! Part Deux is the best we can do at starting point guard as a program in year 3 of the Archie Miller era we are really and truly porked. This is like if we brought Matthew Butler back after one season at UT-Martin. We should be past this as a program by now
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Why the fuck would I watch Albany basketball games? They went 5-11, second to last, in a bad conference, I've got better shit to do with my time. And I don't care what he did against Vermont in the Future Bankers of America basketball conference playing against guys whose biggest basketball accomplishments after college will be being their accounting firm's best player in the Saturday morning pickup league and winning the 8 and under CYO championship as a coach.

I already saw what he did here for two years, I don't need to watch games from the 21st ranked conference in college basketball to get a read on his game. Great, he looked better offensively playing against stiffs because he had all the time and space in the world to do what he wanted. Also, he was still a fucking horrific defender by the numbers considering the stiffs he was playing against. I was happy for him, he matched his talent with the competition level and did well offensively. But he's going to get chewed up at this level, just like he already did, and we're going to waste a year expecting the results to magically be different this time around.

If people truly believe in House, Cam, Green, Lawrence, and Fuchs they should be pissed that Archie's ruining that core, and the last seasons from at least House and Green, by bringing in a known failure at this level to play the most important position on the floor. If Sebastian Thomas! Part Deux is the best we can do at starting point guard as a program in year 3 of the Archie Miller era we are really and truly porked. This is like if we brought Matthew Butler back after one season at UT-Martin. We should be past this as a program by now
Agree.

(But I think Thomas is a unique case)
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

(PF/C) Mohamed Wague (6'10"/225) just entered the portal.
He is a multi-transfer from Alabama and West Virginia, played only limited minutes.
In 21-22 as a freshman was 1st Team Juco All-American (15 pts/12 rebs, 3rd in nation blocks).

He is from Bronx NY, look for Duane to reach out.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 week ago I agree Kortright didn't push the pace but he had 117 assists and averaged 4 rebounds a game. He didn't suck and whether Bassy will be better is up in the air.
Kortright had better assist to turnover ratios each of the last two years than Thomas. In fact, for the most part Kortright's gotten better every year in that regard and this year was his best year of his career in the stat even after stepping up in competition.

If some people want to talk about how much better all of our other players will be after spending a year at the A10 level maybe they should be thinking the same about Kortright
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago (PF/C) Mohamed Wague (6'10"/225) just entered the portal.
He is a multi-transfer from Alabama and West Virginia, played only limited minutes.
In 21-22 as a freshman was 1st Team Juco All-American (15 pts/12 rebs, 3rd in nation blocks).

He is from Bronx NY, look for Duane to reach out.
Nice catch, Jersey.

He fits my preferred profile: P6 level; he may have something to prove; practiced every day against P6 level talent; probably not costly from an NIL standpoint; exposed to a winning culture/bigtime environment.

Good value, potentially, that could slide into our rotation and help Fuchs and provide him with good competition in practice.

I hope we reach out, too.
1 x