Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Unread post by reef »

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago Maybe……if we change to an uptempo belly to belly to belly 94 ft pressing defense as soon as they toss the ball up….run platoons in and out, but, “we ………………………..”
Arch will never ever press !
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago Maybe……if we change to an uptempo belly to belly to belly 94 ft pressing defense as soon as they toss the ball up….run platoons in and out, but, “we ………………………..”
What is, "we don't do that here"?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago
Correct. Same category? For $1,000; what else does Archie say often in pressers? (Hint, lots to pick thru)
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago
Correct. Same category? For $1,000; what else does Archie say often in pressers? (Hint, lots to pick thru)
What is, "credit to those other guys, they played hard"? or, What is, "we just seem to fall apart when things don't go well"?
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I don’t think we had the speed to do that here. He played a lot of press at Dayton, I think he lacked a quick pg who could handle the ball pickup and establish the line in the back court.

See if that doesn’t change this season.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

What is, "credit to those other guys, they played hard"? or, What is, "we just seem to fall apart when things don't go well"?
OK, judges will take that for $1,000. Now for $800, there is one more that comes to mind.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
I don’t think we had the speed to do that here. He played a lot of press at Dayton, I think he lacked a quick pg who could handle the ball pickup and establish the line in the back court.

He would have had he been able to keep his top recruit this year.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago

I think so too, 78. Archie would have let him loose to hunt.

Hammond is a ballhawk. I was looking forward to watching him causing turmoil in the oppositions backcourt and swiping the ball from their bigs when they put the ball on the floor.

Just ain’t going to get to see it here now. Out of my control so I have moved on.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Listen, Hammond is obviously a loss - but he is still a true freshman. If you guarantee he’s here 3 years, I take that every time. But there’s no guarantee your true freshman PG is going to come in and run things from the jump.

As a pass-first PG who doesn’t have to do anything but dribble and pass, a 4th year Sebastian Thomas is probably a better 1 year option than true freshman Ben Hammond.

That is by no means saying that Bassy will wind up a better player than Hammond, zero chance that happens. But 1 year with a veteran presence? Fine.

Considering Archie knows this guys shortcomings and wanted him back after a year in AAA, I’ll trust that.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Listen, Hammond is obviously a loss - but he is still a true freshman. If you guarantee he’s here 3 years, I take that every time. But there’s no guarantee your true freshman PG is going to come in and run things from the jump.

As a pass-first PG who doesn’t have to do anything but dribble and pass, a 4th year Sebastian Thomas is probably a better 1 year option than true freshman Ben Hammond.

That is by no means saying that Bassy will wind up a better player than Hammond, zero chance that happens. But 1 year with a veteran presence? Fine.

Considering Archie knows this guys shortcomings and wanted him back after a year in AAA, I’ll trust that.
My post was based solely in response to your point about using a press. Ben excels at pressuring the ball, anywhere on the court.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Also, this is not a knock on Hammond as I was excited to see him play here and develop, but since when did a true freshman PG lead a team to a title of some sorts?

And yes, in high school games Hammond was pressuring the ball very well. Doesn’t mean he’d be effectively doing that from day 1 in a guard driven league with grown men.

I feel like the excitement on Hammond was a bit muffled, but now that he decommitted people are using this as an excuse to pile on the Archie sucks train like this kid was going to be Bobby Hurley and now we’re going to win less games next year.

The team got better. All the good pieces look to be staying, meaning development and experience in the system. Your best player, or one of them, doesn’t look to have eligibility issues, and you’ve already improved in 2 areas of need with transfers.

Again, I’m sad about Hammond but I don’t think it immediately signals an issue and we’ve already upgraded the 1 year talent projections. Hammond is really only a loss if you guaranteed he’d be here for 2-3 years.
4 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago Also, this is not a knock on Hammond as I was excited to see him play here and develop, but since when did a true freshman PG lead a team to a title of some sorts?

And yes, in high school games Hammond was pressuring the ball very well. Doesn’t mean he’d be effectively doing that from day 1 in a guard driven league with grown men.

I feel like the excitement on Hammond was a bit muffled, but now that he decommitted people are using this as an excuse to pile on the Archie sucks train like this kid was going to be Bobby Hurley and now we’re going to win less games next year.

The team got better. All the good pieces look to be staying, meaning development and experience in the system. Your best player, or one of them, doesn’t look to have eligibility issues, and you’ve already improved in 2 areas of need with transfers.

Again, I’m sad about Hammond but I don’t think it immediately signals an issue and we’ve already upgraded the 1 year talent projections. Hammond is really only a loss if you guaranteed he’d be here for 2-3 years.
When I checked my phone and saw we lost Hammond it was pretty damn crushing.

But then I saw we got Lawrence and it was like "oh, well ok, sky not falling"

It's as simple as we replaced what we thought we were getting and then some with Bassy and Lawrence.

We don't know who our true PG would be after this year, but obviously that's something that can be rectified easily with the portal or maybe another good freshman PG prospect.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago Also, this is not a knock on Hammond as I was excited to see him play here and develop, but since when did a true freshman PG lead a team to a title of some sorts?
I get the point of your post as it doesn't really apply to our level, but I couldn't turn down the chance to look back and see how often this happens.

2015 - Tyus Jones leads Duke to a championship
2012 - Marquis Teague leads Kentucky to a championship
2011 - Shabazz Napier was a co-leader of champion UConn

It's exceedingly rare even with teams getting 5* AA Fr guards.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree with those above Hammond is a loss but we did very well getting DLaw and Bassy , we got some good guards for sure
2 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I just want to beat Brown, win 9 A-10 games, and not get beat in the Tuesday afternoon PIG. We need to be better than the last two years.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 week ago I just want to beat Brown, win 9 A-10 games, and not get beat in the Tuesday afternoon PIG. We need to be better than the last two years.
Imagine if the day we hired Archie, somebody said those were the goals in year 3?
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 week ago I just want to beat Brown, win 9 A-10 games, and not get beat in the Tuesday afternoon PIG. We need to be better than the last two years.
So, “not sucking” would be what, getting the single bye? Not getting to far ahead. Players still to come, and go?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m thinking we finish over .500 next season but not too gaudy of a record maybe 16-18 wins
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Jeff Dowtin?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

So, “not sucking” would be what, getting the single bye? Not getting to far ahead. Players still to come, and go?
Yeah. That is where people are at. Forget about making the tourney. Just finish in the middle or top half of A-10
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Back to the good old days when URI would lose a game Temple and it was we played them tough but lose. Maybe next time.
now we will accept .500 ball.
Im on the bandwagon
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

RamStock wrote: 1 week ago
Yeah. That is where people are at. Forget about making the tourney. Just finish in the middle or top half of A-10
That was expectation last season, then the No D showed up, maybe this year?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I don't know about record, but at the beginning of the year I left when we were down by 20. In conference play I left when we were down by 10. I think one game I left at the 8 minute mark in the first half. We lost. I left the game at 7:30pm. Half hour after it started.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 1 week ago
I thought the coach was paid 'NCAAT-level' wages last year, so it wasn't unreasonable to have tourney level expectations. No different this year.
2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Updated with Kortwright to the Portal:

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Arch find us 2 more rotation bigs !
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I’m not sure why it’s not showing but Traore committed

1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

reef wrote: 1 week ago Arch find us 2 more rotation bigs !
And that's really the last step after Drissa committed.

PG
Bassy, Lawrence, Ways

SG
Lawrence, House, Cam

SF/Wing
Green, Traore, Farrell

C
Fuchs

Green and Traore could play the 5 in certain situations, but it looks like we'll add two true 5's now.

After that? Not sure.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I like it!

0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I think this is an affirmation that we needed some glue guys.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Traore played a season for Coach Pitino so that’s good , sounds like an 8th man hustle guy ?
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Updated with Traore commit:

RhodyMBB_Grid.png

4 spots open currently. Hopefully we can land an impactful big.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ok 9 guys now , let’s get 2 more solid gets hopefully
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

bigs bigs bigs bigs!!!

And throw in a couple huges, too!

Coo coo for cocoa puffs, er, I mean coo coo for bigs! Great big giant, huge B. I. G. S.!!! :lol:
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

steviep123 wrote: 4 days ago I’m not sure why it’s not showing but Traore committed

I can’t even find the recruiting page for this kid. :lol:

Are we that checked out or did I just miss it?
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SandorClegane wrote: 3 days ago
steviep123 wrote: 4 days ago I’m not sure why it’s not showing but Traore committed

I can’t even find the recruiting page for this kid. :lol:

Are we that checked out or did I just miss it?
Yes :lol:
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I can't but help think the three future years in the chart have become unnecessary in the present college basketball environment. We are basically working with one year commitments these days.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 3 days ago I can't but help think the three future years in the chart have become unnecessary in the present college basketball environment. We are basically working with one year commitments these days.
Fact.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 days ago
RF1 wrote: 3 days ago I can't but help think the three future years in the chart have become unnecessary in the present college basketball environment. We are basically working with one year commitments these days.
Fact.
2 future years are unnecessary, 3 are absolutely unnecessary
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

I can probably slim this graphic down by 75% with some indication of years of eligibility remaining.

If people want me to discontinue posting, I’m happy to do that as well. The game has changed.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

CamsRams wrote: 3 days ago I can probably slim this graphic down by 75% with some indication of years of eligibility remaining.

If people want me to discontinue posting, I’m happy to do that as well. The game has changed.
Cam, I am good with the way it is and appreciate you doing this.
5 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Same with me, Jersey. Very appreciative of the chart and like it as is. Further, it reminds where cbb was and where it’s going.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 days ago Same with me, Jersey. Very appreciative of the chart and like it as is. Further, it reminds where cbb was and where it’s going.

0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good stuff, ECR

That reminds me…
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I like the chart as is thanks
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 days ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 days ago Same with me, Jersey. Very appreciative of the chart and like it as is. Further, it reminds where cbb was and where it’s going.

Interesting....I thought that was a foot flush terlit, but nope, he grabbed right ahold of that thing...
0 x