Rhody Rehab is Open

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Re: Rhody Rehab is Open

Unread post by Section104 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago
ramster wrote: 1 week ago
steviep123 wrote: 1 week ago So in the scheme of things (at the moment) it seems we've traded Kortright and Hammond for Bassy and Lawrence. I'm not sure I like that trade, but can talk myself into it.
I’d resigned myself to thinking Hammond wasn’t coming about 6 -8 weeks ago. Never appeared at a URI game including local to DC road games at GW and GMU. Hammond Played very well at Isle of Palms Ft Myers prestigious December Tournament, Paul VI got ranked Top 5, then Top 2, then Paul VI got ranked #1, then Hammond played well in the 8 team National Championship. His stock just kept going higher with little of no URI mention. He had to have a bunch of teams knocking on his door. Then Kenny Johnson rumors swirl a month ago and finally Georgetown is announced. It was just a matter of time. My guess is Hammond was already leaving, Johnson news just facilitated the storyline.

At any rate I think Thomas is more a replacement for Kortright in the sense Hammond was already gone. Now Kortright leaves as to be expected.

Lawrence is more a replacement for Montgomery who early last season was talked of filling Leggett’s shoes in his vacated slot which didn’t pan out as expected. Eventually Weston took over Montgomery’s slot so Lawrence essentially fills the Montgomery/Weston slot.

Thomas and Lawrence replace Kortright and Montgomery/Weston

House remains a starter at guard
Fuchs and Green remain down low

But………..still plenty of time to upgrade that line up further and plenty of openings and playing time available on the roster to attract potential all A10 conference level transfers.

Patience

I personally like what Miller is doing
How do we know that House and Green are coming back? There is no need for them to enter the portal if they plan on trying to make money overseas.
Overseas money vs. NIL money isn't a crazy delta anymore, is it?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Section104 wrote: 1 week ago
ramster wrote: 1 week ago

I’d resigned myself to thinking Hammond wasn’t coming about 6 -8 weeks ago. Never appeared at a URI game including local to DC road games at GW and GMU. Hammond Played very well at Isle of Palms Ft Myers prestigious December Tournament, Paul VI got ranked Top 5, then Top 2, then Paul VI got ranked #1, then Hammond played well in the 8 team National Championship. His stock just kept going higher with little of no URI mention. He had to have a bunch of teams knocking on his door. Then Kenny Johnson rumors swirl a month ago and finally Georgetown is announced. It was just a matter of time. My guess is Hammond was already leaving, Johnson news just facilitated the storyline.

At any rate I think Thomas is more a replacement for Kortright in the sense Hammond was already gone. Now Kortright leaves as to be expected.

Lawrence is more a replacement for Montgomery who early last season was talked of filling Leggett’s shoes in his vacated slot which didn’t pan out as expected. Eventually Weston took over Montgomery’s slot so Lawrence essentially fills the Montgomery/Weston slot.

Thomas and Lawrence replace Kortright and Montgomery/Weston

House remains a starter at guard
Fuchs and Green remain down low

But………..still plenty of time to upgrade that line up further and plenty of openings and playing time available on the roster to attract potential all A10 conference level transfers.

Patience

I personally like what Miller is doing
How do we know that House and Green are coming back? There is no need for them to enter the portal if they plan on trying to make money overseas.
Somebody recently posted what the average salary is overseas. I don't remember the number, but it's a lot more than they'd be getting in NIL money, at least here.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Somebody recently posted what the average salary is overseas. I don't remember the number, but it's a lot more than they'd be getting in NIL money, at least here.
We don't know that. Plenty we don’t know until November 1st.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

do they sell liquor here ?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago do they sell liquor here ?
Everyone knows you don’t need more of that when you’re posting.
1 x
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago

[media] [/media]
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago

[media] [/media]
Welp.......

1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

If you throw in room, board and a degree...that has to narrow the gap some?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago

Which also includes going to class, study hall, exams...
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

It really depends on the league but if you are in the EuroLeague, Spain’s Liga or The Turkish League, you are making six figures at least. If I'm playing college ball and there isn't a shot of making it to the NBA, I'm heading to Europe as soon as they come knocking.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago

Which also includes going to class, study hall, exams...
It surely narrows the gap. I worked with a young man about a decade ago who had quit college football after his freshman season. He was a talented former Texas High School All State running back. I forget which Texas school he played at but it is not important. He was not a really big guy and told me he did not want to risk injury playing with a bunch of larger guys (many of them on the juice which he was not) and attempt to become a pro football player. He was young and had already met his future wife and was thinking about starting a family soon and realized he was an injury away from not having a career. The Texas in state tuition rates were not very high at the time. He was serious about his education and earned himself a business degree and has a solid career as a federal employee that will last for decades and keeps him in the middle class. His daughter earned a full ride to college as a track athlete. He had absolutely no regrets.
2 x