Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 week ago
Not Mike Powell wrote: 1 week ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago

His daughter is a freshman on the team.
That’s great. He’s getting paid $1.5 million to be the head coach at the University of Rhode Island and his last tweet involving anything URI was back in February.
Who cares? We aren’t paying him to tweet.
Archie clearly doesn’t. I guess he’d rather promote LSU gymnastics.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 1 week ago Zero posts about anything URI-related but hey, atleast we get LSU gymnastics updates.
That’s great. He’s getting paid $1.5 million to be the head coach at the University of Rhode Island and his last tweet involving anything URI was back in February.
Jesus Christ dude, you really that upset he tweeted about his DAUGHTER winning a national title?

God forbid he enjoys a big family accomplishment!
11 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Jesus Christ dude, you really that upset he tweeted about his DAUGHTER winning a national title?

Right? We've got far bigger problems, like having Thomas back on the roster.

Unless we're moving to the America East we're screwed. Might as well use the Ryan Center for a Hockey East program because we certainly don't need it for basketball anymore
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 1 week ago Gimme Miranda and the uConn Greek sniper and let’s go!
Go where? Certainly nowhere near the top of the standings
🥺
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I don’t know where I’ve been; I don’t know where I’m going - The father in the movie Moonstruck.

It just came to my mind.

The Mrs and I just re-watched it last weekend.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Remember when Rhody72 said the offseason was the best time of the year to be a URI fan? We don't even have the offseason anymore. Just year round pain
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago Luis and Always have to be leaving.

House, Always, Luis, Thomas, Lawerence, Cam is a logjam.

You’d expect Luis/Always would be getting minimal minutes now.

Lawerence and Thomas didn’t come here to be bench pieces.

House isn’t staying to come off the bench.

That leaves Cam as the 4th guard? He can’t be too happy with that.
I hope it's not House. That would suck. I love Cam, but I'd get it if he left. It seems like Luis really likes Rhody, so I don't think it's him, but you're right. Someone will leave 100%
Just to clarify, you would rather lose Cam than House if we have to lose someone? I hope not, because that's crazy
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Dino611 wrote: 1 week ago

Call me crazy but I’d love to have him as Green’s backup
Yes definitely he avg 7.4 rebounds in 27 minutes, huge list of schools though !
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago

This is spectacular.....spec- freeking - tacular. I want to hear the Bassy hating NIL pimps in full throat, please...trying to convince US to donate so they can afford to waste money on players that THEY have already thoroughly t-rashed! :lol:

This is the best thing that's happened this off season so far!
I put this in another thread too -

I have been mentally preparing myself for this the past 36 hours since I heard.

Even 3 years ago with David Cox, we said the kid was a good, fast, pure PG with good court vision and great ball handling. He just lacked the size or offensive capabilities to be a bona fide all-around player at the A10 level. If the kid doesn't need to shoot, he's certainly an upgrade at PG from a tempo perspective alone. Archie wants to play fast. Bassy can definitely play fast, the dude just can't shoot and his defense was/is suspect.

HOWEVER - on this current team, he's literally the 5th offensive option on the floor at any given time. Lawrence, Green, House, Estevez, Fuchs, Kortright - all are capable scorers across all 3 levels.

The hope is that with some growth and development he can improve his defense - because him being on the floor makes us a better and faster team in transition. If he doesn't need to shoot, I honestly don't hate the move - even if the plan is to start him.

For all his shortcomings, he's easily the best ball handler on the roster now, and no way is Archie going to let him shoot 16 times a game. If he's playing within his role as a pass-first/pass-only PG, the offense will improve. Let's just hope the defense comes with it.

As with anything, I'd love for him to come in here and show some serious growth and development and prove all of us wrong who didn't think he belonged on an A10 roster. Also wouldn't hate if Isaiah Miranda came with.

If we didn't know the kid, we'd all be creaming because we got a guy who averaged 20ppg. Albeit a really, really, really inefficient 20 ppg. With a negative +/- on the defensive side and a D rtg of 107.7 against some really inferior competition.

My sincere hope, is that Archie's defensive system, which is team-focused, will help Bassy's on-ball defensive lapses. Also, I would assume, him coming back indicates an understanding that he'll be passing much more than shooting.

I'm also assuming growth and development all over the place for him if he's coming back. It's either because he wants to prove Archie wrong, or prove Archie right. But I trust Archie, so let's ride.
Regarding Bassy's D I think he did look a lot quicker and stronger when he played. He will be one of our better backcourt defenders, but that's not saying much since we sucked. I think what would happen is Bassy would do so much on the offensive end, but there were times when he caught his breath on the defensive end. The kid had the ball in his hand like 99% of the time and was playing massive minutes. As a 3rd-4th option with a pass-first mentality, I think he can focus more on the defensive end and will do a better job.
His issue is he's not athletic enough to play in the A10. Playing a season in the Junior Bankers of America Conference didn't change that
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 week ago

Bassy has to be penciled in as the starting PG. Don’t see any way Thomas accepts URI’s offer and not be the starting PG in his final year of eligibility.
Do you think that was promised? I'm not sure...I almost think he'd have come here for practically no promises at all. There's no question the dude believes in himself. I don't think he needed any more than a 'fair shot' and he was good to go, then again, I could be totally wrong.
URI reached out to Bassy, so I think there had to be some level of frank discussion, especially considering it’s Thomas’ last year of eligibility.
I don’t think Miller 100% promises starting roles but he might say things like it’s yours to lose.

At any rate, I’m thrilled with the addition.
I think your right Ramster , I would guess Arch and Bassy talked about what his role would be and they both felt his coming back would be the right thing to happen

I like the way Bassy pushes the pace which will make us way more up tempo especially in place of Luis who may choose to leave and hopefully Bassy can improve on his 3 point % to the mid 30s
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Even 3 years ago with David Cox, we said the kid was a good, fast, pure PG with good court vision and great ball handling. He just lacked the size or offensive capabilities to be a bona fide all-around player at the A10 level. If the kid doesn't need to shoot, he's certainly an upgrade at PG from a tempo perspective alone. Archie wants to play fast. Bassy can definitely play fast, the dude just can't shoot and his defense was/is suspect.

HOWEVER - on this current team, he's literally the 5th offensive option on the floor at any given time. Lawrence, Green, House, Estevez, Fuchs, Kortright - all are capable scorers across all 3 levels.

The hope is that with some growth and development he can improve his defense - because him being on the floor makes us a better and faster team in transition. If he doesn't need to shoot, I honestly don't hate the move - even if the plan is to start him.

For all his shortcomings, he's easily the best ball handler on the roster now, and no way is Archie going to let him shoot 16 times a game. If he's playing within his role as a pass-first/pass-only PG, the offense will improve. Let's just hope the defense comes with it.

As with anything, I'd love for him to come in here and show some serious growth and development and prove all of us wrong who didn't think he belonged on an A10 roster. Also wouldn't hate if Isaiah Miranda came with.

If we didn't know the kid, we'd all be creaming because we got a guy who averaged 20ppg. Albeit a really, really, really inefficient 20 ppg. With a negative +/- on the defensive side and a D rtg of 107.7 against some really inferior competition.

My sincere hope, is that Archie's defensive system, which is team-focused, will help Bassy's on-ball defensive lapses. Also, I would assume, him coming back indicates an understanding that he'll be passing much more than shooting.

I'm also assuming growth and development all over the place for him if he's coming back. It's either because he wants to prove Archie wrong, or prove Archie right. But I trust Archie, so let's ride.
Regarding Bassy's D I think he did look a lot quicker and stronger when he played. He will be one of our better backcourt defenders, but that's not saying much since we sucked. I think what would happen is Bassy would do so much on the offensive end, but there were times when he caught his breath on the defensive end. The kid had the ball in his hand like 99% of the time and was playing massive minutes. As a 3rd-4th option with a pass-first mentality, I think he can focus more on the defensive end and will do a better job.
His issue is he's not athletic enough to play in the A10. Playing a season in the Junior Bankers of America Conference didn't change that
It did if he developed his body during that time. He was not that far off.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

He was very far off. He was unplayable at the A10 level
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

reef wrote: 1 week ago

Do you think that was promised? I'm not sure...I almost think he'd have come here for practically no promises at all. There's no question the dude believes in himself. I don't think he needed any more than a 'fair shot' and he was good to go, then again, I could be totally wrong.
URI reached out to Bassy, so I think there had to be some level of frank discussion, especially considering it’s Thomas’ last year of eligibility.
I don’t think Miller 100% promises starting roles but he might say things like it’s yours to lose.

At any rate, I’m thrilled with the addition.
I think your right Ramster , I would guess Arch and Bassy talked about what his role would be and they both felt his coming back would be the right thing to happen

I like the way Bassy pushes the pace which will make us way more up tempo especially in place of Luis who may choose to leave and hopefully Bassy can improve on his 3 point % to the mid 30s
Hopefully Luis does not leave. He and Bassy will go good together. Honestly I think we have the makings of a very strong backcourt now. We needed the guy like Bassy who would push tempo and be the more pure PG. We have seen that Luis, House and Cam can all score.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago He was very far off. He was unplayable at the A10 level
For 30 minutes a game on a team with other guys who don’t belong in the league he was really exposed. I don’t think he comes in and is a lock down defender. He will be passable.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

As expected, but still huge for SLU.

2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago Luis and Always have to be leaving.

House, Always, Luis, Thomas, Lawerence, Cam is a logjam.

You’d expect Luis/Always would be getting minimal minutes now.

Lawerence and Thomas didn’t come here to be bench pieces.

House isn’t staying to come off the bench.

That leaves Cam as the 4th guard? He can’t be too happy with that.
I hope it's not House. That would suck. I love Cam, but I'd get it if he left. It seems like Luis really likes Rhody, so I don't think it's him, but you're right. Someone will leave 100%
Just to clarify, you would rather lose Cam than House if we have to lose someone? I hope not, because that's crazy
Nope, I want to keep both House and Cam. Losing either next season would be a blow. I've been hyping up Cam since the moment we landed him. I didn't say I would prefer to lose him over House; I said I would understand if he left because he likely just lost a starting role.

Now, if you think it's crazy to say House is a better player than Cam right now, I disagree. We all want to keep Cam over House long term because of his potential, and he's only a sophomore. But if you're strictly talking about next season, I think House is the better player. Cam has to continue developing, which I believe he will, but I think his big jump will come in his junior year and I'm hoping he's still with us when that happens.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ok, well, if he's not athletic enough, he shouldn't be able to put up any numbers at this level, right? Can you give me your prediction on his stats next year..How many pts and assists do you think he will average next year? Someone who isn't athletic enough to play in the A10 shouldn't be able to stay on the floor, never mind putting up decent numbers.

This cocky attitude by some here when we talk about teams like Fordham or when we play/discuss low majors cracks me up. Do you realize how bad we have been in the last few years? I hate to break it to you, but there were plenty of players in the American East who could have made a huge impact on our team and others in the A10. So, Bassy haters like yourself can pretend that he didn't get any better, and it's only because he played in the America East, but any player who leads that conference in scoring is a talented D1 player. It reminds me of PC fans when they act like they're in the same conversation as UConn, Duke, Kentucky, etc.

He's not an incredible athlete by any means, but he can hold his own in the A10. He's pretty explosive going to the hoop. He's not the fastest guard on the defensive end, but he's also not slow like Luis. I would say he's average. Without question, he's a leaner, stronger, and quicker player than he was in his sophomore year. His biggest issue with us was his horrible shooting numbers, not his athleticism.

I don't think Bassy is going to come into the A10 and be an all-conference player, but he fills our need for a true point guard and will be better than some of you think.
7 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Dino611 wrote: 1 week ago

Call me crazy but I’d love to have him as Green’s backup
9 A10 Teams on the list
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Nope, I want to keep both House and Cam. Losing either next season would be a blow. I've been hyping up Cam since the moment we landed him. I didn't say I would prefer to lose him over House; I said I would understand if he left because he likely just lost a starting role.

Now, if you think it's crazy to say House is a better player than Cam right now, I disagree. We all want to keep Cam over House long term because of his potential, and he's only a sophomore. But if you're strictly talking about next season, I think House is the better player. Cam has to continue developing, which I believe he will, but I think his big jump will come in his junior year and I'm hoping he's still with us when that happens.
Agree. In the long run, Cam is potentially the better player, but for this year, House will be better (I think)
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

I’ll say it again - I hope all the guys we have stay. There is a role for everyone of them and I see 5 out of 6 of these guards getting 20 plus minutes a game. Three guard line up, with a 4 guys who can score and Bassy as distributor, Ways backing up Bassy this year.

Bring in a couple more bigs, fill out the roster with some development/surprise guys and we are in business.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Most people think we should be back in the tourney by year 4. So, would it have been better to have Ben Hammond and Cam Estevez here this year? Or would it be better to have Jaden House and Sebastian Thomas here this year, both of whom will not be next year? There's no guarantee that Ben and Cam would have been next year either, if Ben had come this year, but we know the other 2 won't be here in year 4. Are we starting all over again at those positions and making the tourney with a large turnover of the roster again?
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago Most people think we should be back in the tourney by year 4. So, would it have been better to have Ben Hammond and Cam Estevez here this year? Or would it be better to have Jaden House and Sebastian Thomas here this year, both of whom will not be next year? There's no guarantee that Ben and Cam would have been next year either, if Ben had come this year, but we know the other 2 won't be here in year 4. Are we starting all over again at those positions and making the tourney with a large turnover of the roster again?
You can take the whole 3,4 and 5 year thing and throw that out the window. Why would year 4 be the year? The older guys graduate and people will transfer. It will be completely new team again next year. This isn’t 2018 anymore
2 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago Most people think we should be back in the tourney by year 4. So, would it have been better to have Ben Hammond and Cam Estevez here this year? Or would it be better to have Jaden House and Sebastian Thomas here this year, both of whom will not be next year? There's no guarantee that Ben and Cam would have been next year either, if Ben had come this year, but we know the other 2 won't be here in year 4. Are we starting all over again at those positions and making the tourney with a large turnover of the roster again?
Interesting question (Hammond/Estevez vs House/Thomas) if you consider that most teams will be essentially turning over their roster each year with the portal and NIL destroying college hoops. For me, I want the best players who can immediately help us win and I think thats House & Thomas. Haven't seen Hammond play a second of ball but I have to think he is going to take his lumps as a freshman otherwise he'd be at a P5 school. Cam is a proven talent although he hit the wall in the 2nd half of last season. House is a guy who can flat out take over a game who has proven himself in the A10, as has Thomas with his breakout year albeit in a lesser conf.
3 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

RamStock wrote: 1 week ago
You can take the whole 3,4 and 5 year thing and throw that out the window. Why would year 4 be the year? The older guys graduate and people will transfer. It will be completely new team again next year. This isn’t 2018 anymore
There is more than enough talent in the portal to field a team that could make the tournament this year. Will we add enough of those players? I am not giving up on this upcoming season.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'm saying when Archie was hired, most said that we should expect to be back in the tourney by year 4. Some even said year 3. After year 3 of a 5 year contract, you have to start thinking about extending a coach or letting him go. It certainly doesn't look like we'll be in the tourney in year 3 or 4....
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

At this point all you can hope for is that when you bring in a young player who is able to make an impact, that they will stick for at least 2 years.

Yes, I am disappointed that we lost Hammond without even getting the opportunity to see him play in a Rhody uniform.
But these things happen, and we move on.
However, I do give props to the staff for getting Lawrence and bringing back Bassy.
I think our backcourt is currently in good shape with quality depth going into 24-25.
They should compete well against our competition in the A10.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We still have 4 openings left.

Who we get to fill those spots will determine our level of success next season.

Imo we are marginally better right now. Most of the slackers and lesser talents are gone and we have brought in 2 guys that are an upgrade at guard.

Also those 2 are better FT shooters.

We need an impact big and wing players.

Not borderline A10 talent either.

The next month will tell us a lot. I'm hoping.
3 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Yeah way to early to toss in the towel…we decided to pay big (for us)dough on a big name coach. Fail so far but this crazy landscape offers opportunity. Year 3 needs to play out.

I’m other words I’m very unhappy but it’s still early right?
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, if we suck again this year, does Thorr start talking with Archie about an extension on the hope that we will eventually get to where we want to be? Tough decisions will have to be made.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago So, if we suck again this year, does Thorr start talking with Archie about an extension on the hope that we will eventually get to where we want to be? Tough decisions will have to be made.
I think if we suck again(whatever record that is?)the conversation with Archie should be different? Extensions are earned? Not place holder going far out? Way to early for this ?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago So, if we suck again this year, does Thorr start talking with Archie about an extension on the hope that we will eventually get to where we want to be? Tough decisions will have to be made.
I think if we suck again(whatever record that is?)the conversation with Archie should be different? Extensions are earned? Not place holder going far out? Way to early for this ?
Don't extension talks start when a coach has 2 years left on his contract?
0 x
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

Thank you Mr. Rhody15!!!
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I like the Lawrence pickup

Not sure how I feel about Thomas. Can see pros and cons to it but willing to see how rest of roster shapes up.

What you need in this league is 2-3 dogs and then role guys. Our issue last year was a bunch in the middle with House and Green our highest end talent. You either need them to make a jump or add other high end talent.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Three bigs are gone....Bilau, Foumena and Brown....4 if you want to put Rory in there (not really). Who replaces them? That has to be the focus with at least 2, if not 3 of the remaining spots.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago As expected, but still huge for SLU.

Very good pickup for SLU, Jersey. They should be a very formidable opponent, I expect.

Let’s get Fuch’s some help!
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago
I'm saying when Archie was hired, most said that we should expect to be back in the tourney by year 4. Some even said year 3. After year 3 of a 5 year contract, you have to start thinking about extending a coach or letting him go. It certainly doesn't look like we'll be in the tourney in year 3 or 4....
I was part of that group, 78. At that time I favored a roster of inexperienced potential (3 of them) and experience improving over time as a path to sustained success. I figured that approach would get us back to the NCAAT in year 3-4 depending on injuries and other unexpected hurdles.

But that was before the no sit out environment we are in. Now, I am leaning towards more experienced players and less inexperienced players with potential (1-2 of them) because there is no guarantee they stay more than a year. I would do my best to vet the 1-2 to try to improve my chances they stay but it really is a gamble these days.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 1 week ago I like the Lawrence pickup

Not sure how I feel about Thomas. Can see pros and cons to it but willing to see how rest of roster shapes up.

What you need in this league is 2-3 dogs and then role guys. Our issue last year was a bunch in the middle with House and Green our highest end talent. You either need them to make a jump or add other high end talent.
BAR, I am very good with the commitment of Bassy, probably the best we can do at this point.

Regarding Bassy, based on last season's stats and performance, if he hadn't previously played for us, we would all be jumping for joy at his commitment, being All-Conference and the top scorer in the AEC.

I expect a jump in our returning players, a year's experience playing with each other and in Archie's system.
Unless we lose any guards, our focus now will be upfront.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago

I was part of that group, 78. At that time I favored a roster of inexperienced potential (3 of them) and experience improving over time as a path to sustained success. I figured that approach would get us back to the NCAAT in year 3-4 depending on injuries and other unexpected hurdles.

But that was before the no sit out environment we are in. Now, I am leaning towards more experienced players and less inexperienced players with potential (1-2 of them) because there is no guarantee they stay more than a year. I would do my best to vet the 1-2 to try to improve my chances they stay but it really is a gamble these days.
The coach having a long term contract may not be as important today when the kids come and go as they please. I truly wonder how many really plan on staying at a school like URI or just view it as a way to audition for a P5 NIL offer.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

78, great question.

If the system remains as is in regard to the no sit out transferring then, it is hard for me to evaluate Archie the old way. Therefore, I am leaning towards extension but shorter. Also, if the system changes back and Archie has to adjust again mid-stream then again, I would consider being patient but with a shorter extension.

That’s the best answer I can give you on short notice. But, like I posted, it is a great question that deserves responses so I felt compelled to offer one.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RIFan wrote: 1 week ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago

The coach having a long term contract may not be as important today when the kids come and go as they please. I truly wonder how many really plan on staying at a school like URI or just view it as a way to audition for a P5 NIL offer.
Or, for that matter, even stay in coaching at this level ?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

We just need Bassy to play smart and not force things too much. Play efficient basketball from the point.

He's got Green, House, Cam, Lawrence, Luis (maybe) and Fuchs. He has a lot more to work with here than he did at Albany.

For the first time we have multiple guys that are proven commodities at the A-10 level. (Bassy 19.6 pts in AME should mean he can hold his own now)

Still need pieces, but we at the very least will know whether or not Arch is the guy.

Absolutely no reason we shouldn't have a winning record and compete near the top of the league now with all these guys.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

The defense has to improve in bigly to compete at that near top of the conference.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

First I would like to say that I have always been a Bassey supporter, but I've been having some thoughts about how this may have transpired. Do we think that Archie gave him the door last year, but now realizes he either made a mistake, the kid made major strides, or his decision was influenced by other sources?
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

RAM67 wrote: 1 week ago First I would like to say that I have always been a Bassey supporter, but I've been having some thoughts about how this may have transpired. Do we think that Archie gave him the door last year, but now realizes he either made a mistake, the kid made major strides, or his decision was influenced by other sources?
I would combination of those factors and Archie realizing this ain’t a Dayton like program and kids are not beating in the doors lining up to play here. He has had to aim lower.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

I really hope Bassy has been on the phone trying to recruit Miranda. I would think he would have some good selling points. That could get me excited for next year. We really need some more positive additions to keep us all out of Rhody Rehab. It would be a lot of fun having 2 RI kids helping us get back to where we want to be. It’s a nice dream even if it’s the longest of shots
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I found this quote from Bassy about Archie in the Projo interesting:
“He just talked about how freely he wanted me to play this year. He wasn’t going to really coach how he did the first year in terms of being on guys and begging people to do stuff.”

Is he changing, evolving or has he given up? Just play free! You tell me how you want to play.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

What is Miranda's plan? He left Oklahoma State in the middle of the season, supposedly to get ready to turn pro. Has that changed?
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

79RhodyFan wrote: 1 week ago I really hope Bassy has been on the phone trying to recruit Miranda. I would think he would have some good selling points. That could get me excited for next year. We really need some more positive additions to keep us all out of Rhody Rehab. It would be a lot of fun having 2 RI kids helping us get back to where we want to be. It’s a nice dream even if it’s the longest of shots

Now you are talking

Absolutely
Love
It

I would even attempt to do cartwheels
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago

Appreciated, positive take for me, PRT.

I will take it. Especially since I am gun shy after last season on being positive.

We just need Bassy to play smart and not force things too much. Play efficient basketball from the point.

He's got Green, House, Cam, Lawrence, Luis (maybe) and Fuchs. He has a lot more to work with here than he did at Albany.

For the first time we have multiple guys that are proven commodities at the A-10 level. (Bassy 19.6 pts in AME should mean he can hold his own now)

Still need pieces, but we at the very least will know whether or not Arch is the guy.

Absolutely no reason we shouldn't have a winning record and compete near the top of the league now with all these guys.
Appreciated, positive post for me, PRT.

I will take it - especially since I am gun shy on being to positive after last preseason.

As for Bassy from a scoring standpoint, personally I will be happy if he just regularly demonstrates the threat to score often to keep the opponents D honest and anxious.
0 x