URI Rhode to Excellence Poll

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.

Have you or do you intend to contribute to the URI Rhode to Excellence?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 53

RIFan
Carlton Owens

Re: URI Rhode to Excellence Poll

Unread post by RIFan »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago
RIFan wrote: 1 week ago Article

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... am-memphis

We would need 10’s of thousands of $10/mo pledges to keep up. Why bother
Because the $10/mo pledges tell the big fish that there's an investment from a larger fanbase, which motivates them to open up their pockets more

Does it really? If the 20 something people in the pole against donating contributed $10 each that would get the big guys to pony up more? Somehow I doubt it. And if 40% percent of hard core fans don’t want to donate, I can only imagine what the percentage is with the general alumni.
Last edited by RIFan 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

IMG_3184.png

The current geographical complaints you have could all go away with the super conference formation with segmentation by region.

I’d expect UConn will be part of FBS super conference in the near future too. No way will they be left out.

New expanded College FBS Football Playoff goes into effect this year.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Because the $10/mo pledges tell the big fish that there's an investment from a larger fanbase, which motivates them to open up their pockets more
Exactly. If the big donors see most of us normies are doing what we can to help, they'll be more inclined to help more rather than feel like they're always the ones who have to step up.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

They are the ones who have to step up, no way around it.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

There just isn’t enough will among the general fan base to generate enough money. So it’s the big dogs or nothing. Our fan base would probably step up if we became relevant again, but the big donors are going to have to do it to get us there…chicken or egg. We do not have enough consistent success to have enough fans that have fond memories of rooting on an NCAA team.
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I actually think it should be the other way around. If (insert big URI booster) donated $10M over the next five years to URI Basketball today that would fire up peasants like myself to donate to the collective.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that these big boosters need to see us peasants throw our spare change to the collective in order to motivate them to step up and do their part.
3 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 week ago We certainly haven't been too good against UNH lately on the court.

And Vermont would have wiped the floor with us if we had played them last season.

Back in the day we routinely blew those teams out and scored in triple digits often.

Where did those days go?
The Big East was formed...
The Big East emerged as an excellent cbb conference but its formation sucked the life out of New England cbb, imho.

A big, sucking vacuum.

I started following college hoops right before the Big East was formed. I saw URI play games against the likes of St John's, Syracuse, and UConn in RI. The Big East changed all that. It was great for all the northeastern teams that were fortunate to be a part of it. It was horrible for every one else. It created a college basketball caste system all along the eastern seaboard that had never existed before. It killed many long time rivalries and destroyed long time traditions. It was the first conference built solely to maximize greed.
Last edited by RF1 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RF1 wrote: 1 week ago

The Big East was formed...
The Big East emerged as an excellent cbb conference but its formation sucked the life out of New England cbb, imho.

A big, sucking vacuum.

I started following college hoops right before the Big East was formed. I saw URI play games against the likes of St John's, Syracuse, and UConn in RI. The Big East changed all that. It was great for all the teams that were fortunate to be a part of it. It was horrible for every one else. It created a college basketball caste system all along the eastern seaboard that had never existed before. It killed many long time rivalries and destroyed long time traditions. It was the first conference built solely to maximize greed.
Yup. For all of the bitching about how college football is ruining everything really this is just the repercussions of the Big East's formation taken to its logical conclusion. College athletics' end game was set off by the Big East, the only questions is what will it look like when it's all said and done
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Exactly how many big donors do you think there are for URI? Look at our endowment for example. We are not in the top 150 for endowment size. We don't even make the top 50 for public universities for endowment size. Where do you all expect these big donors to come from? Sometimes the expectations of this board do not meet the realities of what the world actually is.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We have 3 very wealthy boosters, who I'm sure comprise the lions share of outside financial support for this program.

We are fortunate to have them, since we have a small fan base compared to similar sized schools.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 1 week ago Exactly how many big donors do you think there are for URI? Look at our endowment for example. We are not in the top 150 for endowment size. We don't even make the top 50 for public universities for endowment size. Where do you all expect these big donors to come from? Sometimes the expectations of this board do not meet the realities of what the world actually is.
I think your data proves what I’m saying…there are not enough stones to bleed dry. For whatever reason, the average URI grad doesn’t have that sense of pride and loyalty that makes them want to support us once they have graduated. It’s a purely transactional relationship without any depth. If we can’t get them to donate to the university what makes you think they will want to pay the men’s basketball players salaries? BUT, if the big donors stepped up and got us some top players and we make NCAA runs I bet you would see an increase in pride and donations.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

RIFan, over the years, I have often wondered why the university can’t build more pride. I always thought that native Rhode Islanders tended to be negative toward the state and that that attitude spilled over to the University by extension.

However, I am sure it is a combination of many things.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago RIFan, over the years, I have often wondered why the university can’t build more pride. I always thought that native Rhode Islanders tended to be negative toward the state and that that attitude spilled over to the University by extension.

I've said this here from time to time. I tell people who live outside of the state that I went to URI and I hear, "great school." In state I get weird looks and insults. The state population doesn't realize how good state u is.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

steviep123 wrote: 1 week ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago RIFan, over the years, I have often wondered why the university can’t build more pride. I always thought that native Rhode Islanders tended to be negative toward the state and that that attitude spilled over to the University by extension.

I've said this here from time to time. I tell people who live outside of the state that I went to URI and I hear, "great school." In state I get weird looks and insults. The state population doesn't realize how good state u is.
I’ve had that happen to me in the past, too, Steviep
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I read once that UMass has the same issue. They claim a major reason is that most kids go because it’s a good deal, not that they really wanted to go. So they resent that they went there. Most wanted to go to BC, BU, Northeastern, or Villanova etc only to see the price tag…I live in MA and couldn’t get my kids to even visit UMass, never mind apply. I at least got them to apply to URI, but they chose elsewhere.
Last edited by RIFan 1 week ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RIFan wrote: 1 week ago I read once that UMass has the same issue. They claim a major reason is that most kids go because it’s a good deal, not that they really wanted to go. Most wanted to go to BC or BU or Northeastern, Villanova etc only to see the price tag…I live in MA and couldn’t get my kids to even visit UMass, never mind apply. I at least got them to apply to URI, but they chose elsewhere.
Rhody should go private!

Just being my facetious self, RIFan.

That said, I never understood why we in RI (in such a small state) have RI College. Why not just pump all that money into Kingston ? Why all the educational and athletic duplication ?

That alway put a spur in my craw.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 week ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

RIFan wrote: 1 week ago I read once that UMass has the same issue. They claim a major reason is that most kids go because it’s a good deal, not that they really wanted to go. Most wanted to go to BC or BU or Northeastern, Villanova etc only to see the price tag…I live in MA and couldn’t get my kids to even visit UMass, never mind apply. I at least got them to apply to URI, but they chose elsewhere.
Rhody should go private! Just be my facetious self, RIFan.

That said, I never understood why we in RI (in such a small state) have RI College. Why not just pump all that money into Kingston ? Why all the educational and athletic duplication ?
The State more or less treats them as private (no support) until the school tries to spend money.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhody should go private! Just be my facetious self, RIFan.

The State more or less treats them as private (no support) until the school tries to spend money.
Let RIC be the state flagship.

Maybe that’s what the populace here deserves for a flagship - a small school stuck in a corner of the state capital between an aging neighborhood and an under-appreciated golf course as its flagship. Think small, we do.

I better take a break from this topic as it gets me triggered.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 week ago

Exactly. If the big donors see most of us normies are doing what we can to help, they'll be more inclined to help more rather than feel like they're always the ones who have to step up.
I'm thinking the big donors could really give a spit about the $10 donations...
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote: 1 week ago
BleedBlue87 wrote: 1 week ago Exactly how many big donors do you think there are for URI? Look at our endowment for example. We are not in the top 150 for endowment size. We don't even make the top 50 for public universities for endowment size. Where do you all expect these big donors to come from? Sometimes the expectations of this board do not meet the realities of what the world actually is.
I think your data proves what I’m saying…there are not enough stones to bleed dry. For whatever reason, the average URI grad doesn’t have that sense of pride and loyalty that makes them want to support us once they have graduated. It’s a purely transactional relationship without any depth. If we can’t get them to donate to the university what makes you think they will want to pay the men’s basketball players salaries? BUT, if the big donors stepped up and got us some top players and we make NCAA runs I bet you would see an increase in pride and donations.
and ticket and merch sales...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I think that's common for every state school...
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago

I think that's common for every state school...
I don’t think so. Other state residents are proud of their state u. Maybe not all 50 but a lot.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Let’s count the states that are not proud of their schools. We’ve said UMass and us. Having a hard time once we get out of New England ??
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Never mind contributing to NIL. The question looming is do I want to fork out season ticket money again for a program that appears to be in complete disarray. With payment due in a few weeks, is the product worth driving an hour each way anymore. Who's on the team? Who's our lead recruiter? Has our coach figured anything out in this new nightmare "college" basketball landscape? I would love to see us embark on the Rhode to excellence, but all I see now is a Rhode to mediocrity or worse. Stop with the stealth and give me a morsel to be excited about. So far this off season has been a complete dud...
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

ram1980 wrote: 1 week ago Never mind contributing to NIL. The question looming is do I want to fork out season ticket money again for a program that appears to be in complete disarray. With payment due in a few weeks, is the product worth driving an hour each way anymore. Who's on the team? Who's our lead recruiter? Has our coach figured anything out in this new nightmare "college" basketball landscape? I would love to see us embark on the Rhode to excellence, but all I see now is a Rhode to mediocrity or worse. Stop with the stealth and give me a morsel to be excited about. So far this off season has been a complete dud...
Yea, living local the trip is like a coffee run. I often forget the travel factor in the interest level for many. Yes in the small state of mind an hour trip to watch this crap is a challenge.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

It seems that not being proud and supportive of your flagship state U is a New England thing. UConn may be the outlier. Though I do get a sense that UVM and UNH have better pride amongst alumni. I think because UNHs hockey teams was very good for a long time as well as their football, and I believe someone once wrote/called UVM a public IVY.

I just looked and UVMs endowment is $803m
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The problem with the state flagships in New England is that most of them were formed well after some of the WORLD's most elite universities and colleges had already long been in operation and fully established their places within their states. The leading citizens of the day first went to the older elite colleges as it was the only choice. Future generations of the top students in the region have continued that trend.

It is tough for New England's flagships to compete with some of the most prestigious schools in the world. The fact that several of the New England flagships (URI/UNH/UVM) have an extremely high percentage of out of state resident students does not help perceptions within their own states.

CT
Yale 1701
Trinity 1823
Wesleyan 1831
UConn 1881

RI
Brown 1764
URI 1892

MA
Harvard 1636
Williams 1793
Amherst 1821
UMass 1863

NH
Dartmouth 1769
UNH 1866

ME
Bowdoin 1794/1802
Colby 1813
Bates 1855
UMaine 1865

VT
UVM 1791
Middlebury 1800

RI Footnote: In addition to Brown (1764) - RIC (1854), Bryant (1863), and RISD (1877) are older than URI.
Last edited by RF1 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

As quiet as things have been here, things are even quieter on the women's side. Zero info about anyone coming in and zero info about our players in the portal. Could this have anything to do with sorting out donations to Rhody Excellence and what team gets what?
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago As quiet as things have been here, things are even quieter on the women's side. Zero info about anyone coming in and zero info about our players in the portal. Could this have anything to do with sorting out donations to Rhody Excellence and what team gets what?
I think that is a factor, yes. At some point soon it is fish or cut bait. Yes that.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ram1980 wrote: 1 week ago Never mind contributing to NIL. The question looming is do I want to fork out season ticket money again for a program that appears to be in complete disarray. With payment due in a few weeks, is the product worth driving an hour each way anymore. Who's on the team? Who's our lead recruiter? Has our coach figured anything out in this new nightmare "college" basketball landscape? I would love to see us embark on the Rhode to excellence, but all I see now is a Rhode to mediocrity or worse. Stop with the stealth and give me a morsel to be excited about. So far this off season has been a complete dud...
Rhode to mediocrity? Like landing a guy who started on a big ten team that went to the NCAA tournament?
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RF1 wrote: 1 week ago The problem with the state flagships in New England is that most of them were formed well after some of the WORLD's most elite universities and colleges had already long been in operation and fully established their places within their states. The leading citizens of the day first went to the older elite colleges as it was the only choice. Future generations of the top students in the region have continued that trend.

It is tough for New England's flagships to compete with some of the prestigious schools in the world. The fact that several of the New England flagships (URI/UNH/UVM) have an extremely high percentage of out of state resident students does not help perceptions within their own states.

CT
Yale 1701
Trinity 1823
Wesleyan 1831
UConn 1881

RI
Brown 1764
URI 1892

MA
Harvard 1636
Williams 1793
Amherst 1821
UMass 1863

NH
Dartmouth 1769
UNH 1866

ME
Bowdoin 1794/1802
Colby 1813
Bates 1855
UMaine 1865

VT
UVM 1791
Middlebury 1800

RI Footnote: In addition to Brown (1764) - RIC (1854), Bryant (1863), and RISD (1877) are older than URI.
Agreed, when the time good ol state u’s were established it was for the everyday people and those who couldn’t get into or afford the other colleges. In many cases in NE we have been unable to shed that stereotype.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago
Rhode to mediocrity? Like landing a guy who started on a big ten team that went to the NCAA tournament?
Show me 3 or 4 more guys like him or better. Otherwise, we're no better than we were last year.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Show me 3 or 4 more guys like him or better. Otherwise, we're no better than we were last year.
If we can land 3-4 more players that can have as much potential impact as Lawrence than great, but not sure that will happen.

Even if not, we still should finish better than last season, just based on who we return and what the other A10 teams have lost.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago

If we can land 3-4 more players that can have as much potential impact as Lawrence than great, but not sure that will happen.

Even if not, we still should finish better than last season, just based on who we return and what the other A10 teams have lost.
yeaaaahh....I'm taking a "fool me once" stance on that... I thought they'd be waaay better last year than the previous, enoiught to double on tickets even, because the previous year was absolute piss poor and the worst I've seen since I've been a fan here. But that didn't happen. Not sure, yet, why anyone should think it will be any different this year. Oh, wait, I know why it won't be any different....'cuz me and ECR won't shell out that difference-making $10/month (with half going to the women's team?). Memphis and Fed EX laugh in our faces...

I do still have hope...that some difference-making players are landed...but I don't have faith. At best, I'll renew half my season tix, but even that is at risk without some ('some' = 'more than one') notable signings.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

You're the same person who thinks we would have been WORSE last year completely healthy and available team. LOL

I guess because everyone is sad here, we dont acknowldge that players typically get better over time and teams gel?
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I don't see how you get that from what I said. I don't think we have enough alumni capable of making the types of donations you and this board think they do. Those that come to mind already sit on the NIL advisory board. It's so easy to sit and say big donors need to step up, but my question is who are they? Or are they just imagined?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You're the same person who thinks we would have been WORSE last year completely healthy and available team. LOL

I guess because everyone is sad here, we dont acknowldge that players typically get better over time and teams gel?
WTF are you talking about? Show me where I said we'd be worse. I don't even remember commenting on that. Maybe I said we still wouldn't have been good. But worse? That's just dumb. I do remember playing a lot of teams playing without some of their good players so maybe we won some of those games but saying we'd be worse if we were healthy? C'mon.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

WTF are you talking about? Show me where I said we'd be worse. I don't even remember commenting on that. Maybe I said we still wouldn't have been good. But worse? That's just dumb. I do remember playing a lot of teams playing without some of their good players so maybe we won some of those games but saying we'd be worse if we were healthy? C'mon.
Almost May and PRT still complaining about our injuries this season.

Stop whining dude, we were healthier than most teams this year.

We sucked and couldn’t play defense.

Move on.
1 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago

Move on.
Ha yeah. No we fucking weren't healthier than most. Yall are insane.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

You did at some point towards the end of the season.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Move on.
Ha yeah. No we fucking weren't healthier than most. Yall are insane.
And you’ve sounded like a 17 year old all season “oh we sucked cus we got hurt and the refs sucked”
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

"We've played other teams with injury problems, sometimes without their best player. If we were totally healthy and the teams we played were totally healthy, I actually think our record would be worse than it is now."

This is the quote. I didn't exactly remember it right!

And I wasn't just talking about injuries, I of course include not having DG available.

All I did was make a point about how our roster was never able to reach its full potential because guys were either hurt or not available.

Not that we would be a GOOD team, but Judy pointing out that 11 new players plus player availability OBVIOUSLY MADE IT WORSE.

It's a fucking fact. Everyone attacking me for pointing out the obvious is braindead.

The end!
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago "We've played other teams with injury problems, sometimes without their best player. If we were totally healthy and the teams we played were totally healthy, I actually think our record would be worse than it is now."

And I wasn't just talking about injuries, I of course include not having DG available.

All I did was make a point about how our roster was never able to reach its full potential because guys were either hurt or not available.

Not that we would be a GOOD team, but Judy pointing out that 11 new players plus player availability OBVIOUSLY MADE IT WORSE.

It's a fucking fact. Everyone attacking me for pointing out the obvious is braindead.

The end!
lol yea, 99.9% of people agree on something, you’re the only one with your opinion, but ya sure, you’re right and everyone else is dead wrong.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago "We've played other teams with injury problems, sometimes without their best player. If we were totally healthy and the teams we played were totally healthy, I actually think our record would be worse than it is now."

The end!
lol yea, 99.9% of people agree on something, you’re the only one with your opinion, but ya sure, you’re right and everyone else is dead wrong.
Nah blue man is on my side and anyone outside of this forum.

Not having DG for half a year, ankle, illness

Fuchs concussion, ankle

Zek shoulder

Cam missed a game

Bilau only played 6 games and was our best big. Best defender, best rebounder according to Archie.

Ways missed a bunch (not a big deal but still)

Weston death in the family, hand injury

Not JUST the injuries, but that much flux on a BRAND NEW roster, 11 new players, made everything worse than it would have been. How in the actual hell can anyone say it did not?

And it's not like I wasn't very critical of the defense, the effort and everything else wrong. Just pointing out that extenuating circumstances made it worse. In all likelihood, we wouldn't have been as bad. How much better? Who knows. We don't know how all of that affected the chemistry, the development, the confidence of the players etc.

Literally the only time I've seen so many people think player availability have nothing to do with team failures in the history of sports 😂
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I'm also having margaritas with tajin during my siesta, so I'm extra SPICY.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

The end!
I said "our record". I stand by that.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RF1 wrote: 1 week ago The problem with the state flagships in New England is that most of them were formed well after some of the WORLD's most elite universities and colleges had already long been in operation and fully established their places within their states. The leading citizens of the day first went to the older elite colleges as it was the only choice. Future generations of the top students in the region have continued that trend.

It is tough for New England's flagships to compete with some of the most prestigious schools in the world. The fact that several of the New England flagships (URI/UNH/UVM) have an extremely high percentage of out of state resident students does not help perceptions within their own states.

CT
Yale 1701
Trinity 1823
Wesleyan 1831
UConn 1881

RI
Brown 1764
URI 1892

MA
Harvard 1636
Williams 1793
Amherst 1821
UMass 1863

NH
Dartmouth 1769
UNH 1866

ME
Bowdoin 1794/1802
Colby 1813
Bates 1855
UMaine 1865

VT
UVM 1791
Middlebury 1800

Interesting stuff, RF1. Thanks for posting it. 👍🏼
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The end!
I said "our record". I stand by that.
Dudes a clown, no point in going back and forth with him anymore.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago

yeaaaahh....I'm taking a "fool me once" stance on that... I thought they'd be waaay better last year than the previous, enoiught to double on tickets even, because the previous year was absolute piss poor and the worst I've seen since I've been a fan here. But that didn't happen. Not sure, yet, why anyone should think it will be any different this year. Oh, wait, I know why it won't be any different....'cuz me and ECR won't shell out that difference-making $10/month (with half going to the women's team?). Memphis and Fed EX laugh in our faces...

I do still have hope...that some difference-making players are landed...but I don't have faith. At best, I'll renew half my season tix, but even that is at risk without some ('some' = 'more than one') notable signings.
Presently, I am a bit gun-shy on being positive regarding next year. Especially after being squarely in the positive ranks here last preseason and the team then underperforming by several games.

Funny thing is Jersey was one of the posters that kept me
somewhat grounded last preseason as I respect his perspectives, like many others on here. But now, he is trending more positive than me.

A flip of the script!

Fandom is a funny thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 1 week ago
I don't see how you get that from what I said. I don't think we have enough alumni capable of making the types of donations you and this board think they do. Those that come to mind already sit on the NIL advisory board. It's so easy to sit and say big donors need to step up, but my question is who are they? Or are they just imagined?

I am referring to the usual suspects who sit on the board. If they don’t have the resources, then the 20 something people who voted NO are not going to make any difference, even if they donate $20/mo., we just don’t have the fanbase to generate significant NIL. Not that we don’t have enough grads, we do…but not enough that care.
Last edited by RIFan 1 week ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x