Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by Mattrams94 »

Just say who it is
0 x
RamAttitude
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RamAttitude »

They’d rather be cryptic
Attachments
IMG_6481.jpeg
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Man just ruined our fun Ram fan 😭😭
0 x
RamAttitude
Frenchy Tomlin

We’re all dying for info and that’s just lame. 5,000 people use Trilly as a source, why keep it a secret.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

RamAttitude wrote: 2 weeks ago We’re all dying for info and that’s just lame. 5,000 people use Trilly as a source, why keep it a secret.
Thought it was a rule since it’s a pay wall service
0 x
RamAttitude
Frenchy Tomlin

No screenshots to Twitter.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Is this guy better than House and Cam?
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago Is this guy better than House and Cam?
Cam yes, House debatable
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RamAttitude wrote: 2 weeks ago They’d rather be cryptic
Thank you

Why Archie or our fans want to keep visits secret are dumb.

No one else does that.

If we were tampering then I get it...
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago Is this guy better than House and Cam?
Nice!

Depends how much of a jump Cam makes this year. But he’s definitely better than the Cam we had last year.

He had a solid year in the big10 and had some good games against legitimate competition. I’d be very happy to land him.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

This is why we were hesitant about putting it on here. Vault tweeted out the info as his own.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 weeks ago This is why we were hesitant about putting it on here. Vault tweeted out the info as his own.
Oh you don't want Vault to know

Even if he finds out he shouldn't be cryptic either.

None of this should be cryptic!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I'd say he is probably more talented...at least more athletic than any of our other guards.

I do think he's similar to Cam though.

Land him and Coit!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

If Hammond is still coming, I don’t think we would land both Coit and Lawerence. Lawrence is more of the player we lacked last year. Coit is another dude who can get you 25 any night but takes a lot of shots, and if he’s cold, he doesn’t affect the game. Lawrence is solid on both ends. He has played against some of the best teams in the country and held his own. I wouldn’t mind either, as they can both help the team.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 weeks ago I hope Duane reaches out to this PG from NJ with 2 years eligibility.
An example of a solid player from P5 that would be transferring down.
He played well on a very good Nebraska that finished 3rd in the B10.
He was a very popular and well-liked player by the Husker fans.

He has good size playing the point and can stretch it.
He would be a solid impact player at our level.

I posted him about 2 weeks ago and felt he would be a good fit.

I have seen him play many times, since I am also a Husker fan, having lived in Lincoln and kids went to school there.
So, I visit family there quite a bit and attend games.

I know Nebraska fans were extremely disappointed when he entered the portal.
I hope we land him.

https://huskers.com/sports/mens-basketb ... s-lawrence

23-24- " Averaged 9.5 points per game while shooting 55 percent from the field and 52 percent from 3-point range over his last 11 games • Finished with nine points, two assists and a pair of steals vs. No. 13 Illinois in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals • Came off the bench for 15 points on 5-of-6 shooting against Indiana in the Big Ten Tournament • Tied for team-high honors with 14 points on 5-of-7 shooting and a team-high five assists at Ohio State • Reached double figures with 11 points, including 3-of-4 from 3-point range, in the win over Minnesota • Enjoyed his best game as a Husker at Indiana with a career-high 19 points, including 5-of-5 from 3-point range, six rebounds and five assists •

22-23- "He closed the year playing his best basketball with four straight double-figure games and averaging 13.3 points on 53 percent shooting, including 46 percent from 3-point range, along with 4.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game. The stretch featured a pair of 15-point games against Michigan State and Iowa when he earned Big Ten Freshman-of-the-Week accolades. Against MSU, he hit 7-of-10 shots from the field, while he sank a career-high five 3-pointers and added a season-best four assists in the win at Iowa."
Last edited by Jersey77 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago Traore and Manyawu do not move the meter

Traore hasn't played and basically plays the same position as DG and Farrell. If he plays at the 5 he is undersized.

Manyawu looks about 6'8, good athlete, but needs weight. Better than Tyson, but again, undersized and average skill.

Please tell me they aren't the ONLY big guys we have contacted

Good lord
Manyawu averaged a 5th best 22 minutes per game for Wyoming in the tough 6 team bid Mountain West Conf as a true freshman - started 10 games
He led the team in rebounds, 2nd in blocked shots
He also led the team in FG%

His last 6 conference games of the season he was 22-28 FG for 78% plus 62 rebounds to average over 10rpg

He played sparingly in the Conf Tournament 1st round loss as he picked up 3 early fouls.

“Good Lord” - sign me up
IMG_3125.png
1 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 weeks ago If Hammond is still coming, I don’t think we would land both Coit and Lawerence. Lawrence is more of the player we lacked last year. Coit is another dude who can get you 25 any night but takes a lot of shots, and if he’s cold, he doesn’t affect the game. Lawrence is solid on both ends. He has played against some of the best teams in the country and held his own. I wouldn’t mind either, as they can both help the team.
I’ll take Lawrence over Coit. Proven against tough competition. I’d be very happy with Lawrence and Manyawu. Just need another big guy for backup minutes.

Kortright, Green, House, Hammond, Fuchs, Estevez, Lawrence, and Manyawu would be a nice rotation. Wright, Farrell, and third big guy for limited backup minutes/emergencies.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhody Sody wrote: 2 weeks ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 weeks ago If Hammond is still coming, I don’t think we would land both Coit and Lawerence. Lawrence is more of the player we lacked last year. Coit is another dude who can get you 25 any night but takes a lot of shots, and if he’s cold, he doesn’t affect the game. Lawrence is solid on both ends. He has played against some of the best teams in the country and held his own. I wouldn’t mind either, as they can both help the team.
I’ll take Lawrence over Coit. Proven against tough competition. I’d be very happy with Lawrence and Manyawu. Just need another big guy for backup minutes.

Kortright, Green, House, Hammond, Fuchs, Estevez, Lawrence, and Manyawu would be a nice rotation. Wright, Farrell, and third big guy for limited backup minutes/emergencies.
I would be OK with that scenario. Is the the best we can do?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago
Rhody Sody wrote: 2 weeks ago

I would be OK with that scenario. Is the the best we can do?
Agreed, ideally we get a third impact player maybe Coit.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 weeks ago This is why we were hesitant about putting it on here. Vault tweeted out the info as his own.
That dudes sources are jokes. He takes guesses, sometimes educated, and hopes they’re right.

Tre Mitchell being one of them.

Remember how he knew that KJ was going to be officially announced last week? He may end up being right that KJ is going but this dudes hit rate would land him getting sent down to the minors.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago
RamAttitude wrote: 2 weeks ago They’d rather be cryptic
Thank you

Why Archie or our fans want to keep visits secret are dumb.

No one else does that.

If we were tampering then I get it...
A different perspective would be that you should never tell your competition what you are doing.
1 x
Rams99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rams99 »

Trust the process.
-16 days till the Portal closes.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rams99 wrote: 2 weeks ago Trust the process.
-16 days till the Portal closes.

i don't care of he is stealth if we get the results

problem is.. anyone can sound good "on paper" but we really won't know if they will produce here...

i prefer the good ole days when you actually knew the players you have returning...
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I'd prefer Coit over Lawrence since he's a PG. Even if he's off he's still pushing the pace and running the offense.

Lawrence could maaaaybe play the 3, but if we got both maybe someone else leaves like Luis.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago I'd prefer Coit over Lawrence since he's a PG. Even if he's off he's still pushing the pace and running the offense.

Lawrence could maaaaybe play the 3, but if we got both maybe someone else leaves like Luis.
Jamarques Lawrence is a PG. Idk why you say the 3. He came off the bench for Nebraska and brought the ball up for them more often than not. If you look at Kenpom they only list him at the PG position. He was also nationally ranked per Kenpom for Assist rate. Which is entirely a quality you want from your PG.

I think if Jamarques can handle the point in the Big10 he can easily do it for us in the A10.

I like Coit alot and he is more of a speedy PG compared to Lawrence who has more of the size and length.
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Dino611 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Dino611 wrote: 2 weeks ago

I can confirm there was Official Visits this weekend
Plural? Well who all visited this weekend?
Just found out who the second player was.

Is MUCH better than Traore
Who is the first visitor?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

sevegny7 wrote: 2 weeks ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago I'd prefer Coit over Lawrence since he's a PG. Even if he's off he's still pushing the pace and running the offense.

Jamarques Lawrence is a PG. Idk why you say the 3. He came off the bench for Nebraska and brought the ball up for them more often than not. If you look at Kenpom they only list him at the PG position. He was also nationally ranked per Kenpom for Assist rate. Which is entirely a quality you want from your PG.

I think if Jamarques can handle the point in the Big10 he can easily do it for us in the A10.

I like Coit alot and he is more of a speedy PG compared to Lawrence who has more of the size and length.
Oh good! Couldn't tell from the highlights and did a little digging, but not a lot obviously and didn't see he was a PG.

Well then you want Lawrence easily.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Lawrence played every game averaged 23.6 minutes on an NCAAT with Hoiberg as his coach , it’s a yes for me !
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Blue Man wrote: 2 weeks ago
That dudes sources are jokes. He takes guesses, sometimes educated, and hopes they’re right.

Remember how he knew that KJ was going to be officially announced last week? He may end up being right that KJ is going but this dudes hit rate would land him getting sent down to the minors.
He’s an enemy of the state
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, if we get Lawrence, how long before Hammond decommits?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 weeks ago

Not only that, but he also passes off other peoples info as his own, never crediting the original source. He'll just repeat something from another tweet or even that he sees on here and pretend like its news he is breaking. If he is trying to turn this in to any sort of a career (and maybe he's not, I don't know) he is doing just about everything wrong.
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago So, if we get Lawrence, how long before Hammond decommits?
Lol why would he?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Tick tick tick
1 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago So, if we get Lawrence, how long before Hammond decommits?
Lol why would he?
Because he sees his playing greatly reduced? For 2 years?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

adam914 wrote: 2 weeks ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 weeks ago

Not only that, but he also passes off other peoples info as his own, never crediting the original source. He'll just repeat something from another tweet or even that he sees on here and pretend like its news he is breaking. If he is trying to turn this in to any sort of a career (and maybe he's not, I don't know) he is doing just about everything wrong.
I can’t stand that guy ! He loves to rip Archie Miller !
Personal axe to grind !
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Lol why would he?
We've got plenty of minutes available for 2 point guards.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Lol why would he?
That would mean that Archie and them already know that adding another PG would cause him to leave.

Does Hammond expect to start and play 30+ minutes his freshman year? Lol
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 weeks ago Tick tick tick
Tick tick tick is right.

Currently FIVE openings and none of them filled as of yet.

Need at least 2-3 impact players and Hammond staying.

Stiffs need not apply.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Lol why would he?
The starter plays about 30? Back up gets 10?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Lol why would he?
That would mean that Archie and them already know that adding another PG would cause him to leave.

Does Hammond expect to start and play 30+ minutes his freshman year? Lol
Knowing the competitor that he is, yes.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

The starter plays about 30? Back up gets 10?
Maybe. Or maybe 25 and 15. Or maybe 20 and 20. Or maybe Lawrence can play off the ball sometimes. Or they both come in and compete in practice and whoever deserves more minutes gets them. There are a lot of different possibilities.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I assume we would be paying both if they both come so hard for us to sit one. We don’t have that NIL luxury yet to sit players we are paying, imho. And, we have other needs like signing a good big.

Playing time will always be a concern for competitors - and Hammond is certainly a competitor from what I’ve seen. It is one of the many things I like about him and his game. So, assuming he is coming, I am confident he will carve out PT here regardless of his PG competition.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Lol why would he?
78, I am starting not to think 2 years ahead and the potential implications. Which is a change for me.

In year 2, If we have a traffic jam at a position and the younger player is as good as the vet then, I think we release the vet and put most or some of his money towards another need and fill the vets spot with a less expensive backup.

Note: I am assuming the experienced vets are a higher NIL cost than freshman.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Lol why would he?
78, I am starting not to think 2 years ahead and the potential implications. Which is a change for me.

In year 2, If we have a traffic jam at a position and the younger player is as good as the vet then, I think we release the vet and put most or some of his money towards another need and fill the vets spot with a less expensive backup.

Teams definitely need to hire a GM. I have a headache thinking about all this crap.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Bottom line, in my opinion, is we have zero D1 point guards on the roster right now so I think we need two (I don't consider Kortright a true PG even if he does come back). How we end up getting there is anyone's guess!
2 x
RhodyBB91
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RhodyBB91 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Lol why would he?

That said younger player would hit the portal to move up to P5 and then we are back to square one. Welcome to the new NCAA
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

We don't want him here if Hammond decides to bail because he has to fight to start or be a key piece off the bench. Every player should earn their spot. I don't think Hammond would have to worry too much. He is still the only true point guard on this roster. I'm not counting Ways because he won't play much. Lawrence is more of an SG than a PG
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RhodyBB91, that is definitely a risk.

The staff really needs to be communicating with players to know what they are thinking, what is motivating them and decide if they can match potential outside NIL offers or if the player is even worth the NIL offers.

The unlimited movement or free agency every year for every player is a big adjustment in thinking and roster construction strategy. There are no guarantees a player will stay more than a year with so many other programs outside of Rhody as potential suitors.

Hopefully, some common sense controls are implemented or the portal marketplace does it organically somehow.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x