2024 NCAA/NIT Post Season Tournaments - All Things

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 2024 NCAA/NIT Post Season Tournaments - All Things

Unread post by reef »

They have been alternating the final since 2018 on CBS and TBS and the contract goes til 2032
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I know Barkley is popular, but need to get Seth Davis onto the varsity desk.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Don't get me wrong, I love Barkey and Ernie Johnson, but they are more NBA guys. I'd rather have Seth Davis, Rothstein, Kellogg, etc.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

steviep123 wrote: 2 weeks ago Don't get me wrong, I love Barkey and Ernie Johnson, but they are more NBA guys. I'd rather have Seth Davis, Rothstein, Kellogg, etc.
I thought the Tournament Central, with Barkley , went into silly stuff. I do like coaches they bring on.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I don't really think that the raw viewership number for the men's game matters all that much, unless they absolutely crater to the point that the bottom falls out of the advertising. So far for major American sports, that's really only happened for NASCAR and temporarily hockey, because of its various work stoppages. Ultimately, the goal of Warner is to maximize their revenue. They can get more for commercials from 8 p.m. to midnight, with a pregame show in the first hour and tip-off at 9. The NCAA has already sold the broadcast rights through 2032 for the men's tournament, IIRC.

The women's tournament has grown in popularity, but obviously the ratings have surged this year because of Clark's presence and compelling opponents - a revenge game against LSU, a match-up against an undefeated team in the finals, and during the regular season, milestones she was going for while playing a really compelling style of basketball. I don't know if the ratings will continue to be that strong without her, but I imagine viewership for the 2025 and beyond tournaments will be at or beyond the level for the 2022 and before tournaments.
4 x