All things Rhody Rams football.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Replacement stands

Unread post by steviep123 »

This true? Awesome if so

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Replacement stands

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote: 1 month ago This true? Awesome if so

It's been well established for months we're getting new stands.
1 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago

Thanks - I haven't quite kept up with that topic.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote: 1 month ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago

Thanks - I haven't quite kept up with that topic.
80ish+ million going towards athletics from the state.

Football, softball, track, are getting improvements, don’t remember if anything else.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Baseball, soccer and pool improvements as well
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Throwing good money after bad.
When it was time to help basketball URI did not decide to fix over Keanry, URI build the Ryan Center
Nuf said
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 1 month ago
Interesting. Wonder if it really is Meade related or he's going to make a personal announcement and is using that picture as some kind of foreshadowing.

Nothing to base it on other than guessing about the budget process, but I kind of assumed we had all the information we were going to get until late summer or autumn. It won't hurt my feelings to get more info sooner than that
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Could it be that a design firm or actual stadium east stands design has been approved?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Or, maybe, it has nothing to do with anything and he just thought it was a cool pic?
1 x
Phen Egap
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Phen Egap »

Any idea as to what side will be the home side?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 weeks ago Or, maybe, it has nothing to do with anything and he just thought it was a cool pic?
It had nothing to do with Meade. We might get some info next week at the spring game, but I'm not expecting much until after July 1st
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

A UMass fan was making fun of Meade on twitter, so Thorr responded with this.

2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Is the rendering in Thorr's tweet today to be the new design for the East Stands? It is similar to the Option2 which was floated a few years ago. If so, I like it.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Double deck stands are definitely preferable.
3 x
GO RAMS
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 day ago Double deck stands are definitely preferable.
Agreed.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 1 day ago Is the rendering in Thorr's tweet today to be the new design for the East Stands? It is similar to the Option2 which was floated a few years ago. If so, I like it.
This is just a different view of the rough outlines from 6 years ago. No official design out yet. From November 9th:

"Bjorn added the school is in the process of selecting an architecture and engineering firm. There will be only one firm hired, for all aspects of the project. Bjorn estimated that once they are hired, firm assessment of the sites will likely take around six months. The school hopes to have a contractor for the project 'within the next year or so.'"

https://www.independentri.com/news/arti ... 9cc5d.html

So depending on the timeline for the process for selecting an architecture and engineering firm, we're only now coming to the point now where the assessments would be done at the absolute earliest. I assume the assessments will then govern what kind of design the architecture side of the house comes up with.

Rough guess, we won't have an actual public design until sometime between the beginning of fall training camp and Homecoming. Based on his contractor comment it seems like we're still on track for the wrecking ball to hit the East stands immediately to shortly after the football season ending
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Actually, if you scroll two thirds of the way down the following site you can see this view is definitely part of the two options from six years ago. It's the background for the other renderings of what option 2 would look like

https://express.adobe.com/page/hQxjWyydzGeY9/
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

would be great if they had a wrap around with seats behind the end zones for a full bowl.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 22 hours ago would be great if they had a wrap around with seats behind the end zones for a full bowl.
Seats in the South end zone would have been easy, there was plenty of room back there, but putting the video board there complicates things now. I wonder how much and how feasible it would be to move it to the North end zone.

The North end zone is trickier. As of now you have no more than 35 feat to work with, which would be a tight squeeze for anything to be done there. It gets easier to do if you close or move the parking lot entrance/exit that's right behind that end zone, but even then shortly after that you're right up to West Alumni Ave. Putting something there is doable depending on how much work you're willing to put into it, how much you're willing to spend, and how ok you are with rerouting some things
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 day ago A UMass fan was making fun of Meade on twitter, so Thorr responded with this.

UMass bragging about anything football related is a joke. They haven't one more than 4 games in a season since joining the FBS and they are consistently one of the most irrelevant doormats in the FBS.
0 x
Steve81
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Steve81 »

STC wrote: 18 hours ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 day ago A UMass fan was making fun of Meade on twitter, so Thorr responded with this.

UMass bragging about anything football related is a joke. They haven't one more than 4 games in a season since joining the FBS and they are consistently one of the most irrelevant doormats in the FBS.
True as being independent is very hard. Football, according to Don Brown is schemes. Offensive schemes, defensive schemes and special teams. Then like this year coming we play 3 SEC teams, 2 in the top 10. We have the physical challenges those teams present along with play so many different teams. That said, we had a lot of close bad luck games this year but beat a 10 win FBS team on the road and Army on the road this year. We did finish outside the bottom 10 and we will not be looking back. We have the right coach, AD, and especially the new Chancellor. Check him out during the spring game.
Mic'd up
0 x