Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

rhodylocal wrote: 1 month ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 month ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago Blue Man, defending Dan was plausible by year 5 because the program was trending up by year 3.

Archie needs to get this train rolling in the right direction and then my attitude will also change in the right direction.

No better time to start than next season!
You shit on Blue Man and I and called us Kool Aid drinkers in the middle of year 5 when we were defending Hurley but now it's plausible?
Pretty sure everyone posting on this board, including blue man completely lost their stuff and gave up on Hurley after the home loss to Fordham. Everyone who had defended him quit. Then we went on to make it to the dance. Darkest before the dawn.
Nah, Jay was texting me after the Fordham loss that he still believed. I told him Hurley should be fired after that loss. Obviously, I was wrong. But at that moment, it was one of the worst losses of Hurley's career, and at that point, we still hadn't proven we could get over the hump and land a bid.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago I don't think that's the Fordham thread people are referring to. The game in reference was played on Feb 5, 2017. This thread is from the game many years before that.

However it is funny to go read our old friend GBG - who believed:
1.) Despite being raised by a HOF coach Dan needed a father figure on the bench guiding him.
2.) That Xavier Munford was a ball hog volume scorer with limited talent.
3.) And that Dan Hurley couldn't coach offense.

If you are going to be wrong I guess be really really wrong.
and don't forget confident. Can't just be wrong, gotta be confident, too
0 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago
rhodylocal wrote: 1 month ago

You shit on Blue Man and I and called us Kool Aid drinkers in the middle of year 5 when we were defending Hurley but now it's plausible?
Pretty sure everyone posting on this board, including blue man completely lost their stuff and gave up on Hurley after the home loss to Fordham. Everyone who had defended him quit. Then we went on to make it to the dance. Darkest before the dawn.
Nah, Jay was texting me after the Fordham loss that he still believed. I told him Hurley should be fired after that loss. Obviously, I was wrong. But at that moment, it was one of the worst losses of Hurley's career, and at that point, we still hadn't proven we could get over the hump and land a bid.
My fault. I think you are right, my memory is off about Blue Man loosing hope. I just remember being embarrassed that we had a FIRE DAN post and getting fed up. Pretty funny though that it turned into FIRE ECR.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I was at Pittsburgh for the whole series as was NYG 208 and many of the KB crowd . If you look back on KB after the Foordham loss I said they could turn it around and win out and they did . You gotta believe . It's contagious and the team needs to believe it too . we can begin to create that feeling
before the season over the Summer . I think Archie needs that support as well because I get the feeling the negativity is getting him down too and
that doesn't help things . we need to begin a more positive vibe around the team . For all we know , the negativity on this board could make
some potential recruits think twice about signing on . I don't think we want that .
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago I don't think that's the Fordham thread people are referring to. The game in reference was played on Feb 5, 2017. This thread is from the game many years before that.

1.) Despite being raised by a HOF coach Dan needed a father figure on the bench guiding him.

BAR,
I think you mean February 15, 2017 (not February 5).
It was the 5th year of DH. Then after the Feb 15th Fordham loss at the Ryan Center, we went on the win streak and then ultimately went to Sacramento CA for the NCAA Tournament to defeat Creighton and lose to Oregon.

The thread posted is from year 2 of DH which was not the meltdown JimBaron 2.0 thread year which came in Year 5

URI vs Fordham Game #25 February 15, 2017 7pm Ryan Center
viewtopic.php?t=6605&start=250
Last edited by ramster 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago

BAR,
I think you mean February 15, 2017 (not February 5).
It was the 4th year of DH. Then after the Feb 15th Fordham loss at the Ryan Center, we went on the win streak and then ultimately went to Sacramento CA for the NCAA Tournament to defeat Creighton and lose to Oregon.

The thread posted is from year 2 of DH which was not the meltdown JimBaron 2.0 thread year which came in Year 4.

URI vs Fordham Game #25 February 15, 2017 7pm Ryan Center
viewtopic.php?t=6605&start=250
Correct Ramster it was Feb 15th, but that was the 5th year of DH not the 4th.
0 x
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

luke wrote: 1 month ago I was at Pittsburgh for the whole series as was NYG 208 and many of the KB crowd . If you look back on KB after the Foordham loss I said they could turn it around and win out and they did . You gotta believe . It's contagious and the team needs to believe it too . we can begin to create that feeling
before the season over the Summer . I think Archie needs that support as well because I get the feeling the negativity is getting him down too and
that doesn't help things . we need to begin a more positive vibe around the team . For all we know , the negativity on this board could make
some potential recruits think twice about signing on . I don't think we want that .
All of this.
1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

With Zek entering the transfer portal, it opens up another scholarship
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Bos8 wrote: 1 month ago With Zek entering the transfer portal, it opens up another scholarship
So that's at least 7 new players next year and I'd bet it gets to 9 or 10.......ridiculous.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago
Bos8 wrote: 1 month ago With Zek entering the transfer portal, it opens up another scholarship
So that's at least 7 new players next year and I'd bet it gets to 9 or 10.......ridiculous.
Was listening to a podcast earlier today. They said a head coach said the ideal roster construction this year would be to take an 11 man roster... bring back the top 5, add 2 freshman and 3 transfers. Then be flexible with the last few spots. Nothing out of the ordinary here, especially with the last year of the seniors getting the extra covid year.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Bos8 wrote: 1 month ago
Was listening to a podcast earlier today. They said a head coach said the ideal roster construction this year would be to take an 11 man roster... bring back the top 5, add 2 freshman and 3 transfers. Then be flexible with the last few spots. Nothing out of the ordinary here, especially with the last year of the seniors getting the extra covid year.
Not ideal to lose more than half your roster every year.
But maybe that is the new college landscape.

Can't say that I am a fan of that, but then again, I am old school.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m ok with losing Zek , he started great the first 6 games or so then struggled mightily the rest of the way except for the GE game

His replacement needs to be an upgrade
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

So if my math is right we're losing 2411 out of our 6400 total minutes from 2023-24, or 37.7%. It might be a better indication going forward to track minutes needing to be replaced than players themselves
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Backroads wrote: 1 month ago
Life moves fast in college basketball, and who knows how long ago the interview was done, but that certainly has me feeling better about things
Kenny Johnson retweeted or re-x'd this, whatever the proper term is now. Maybe that's a good sign? Who knows.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Backroads wrote: 1 month ago
Life moves fast in college basketball, and who knows how long ago the interview was done, but that certainly has me feeling better about things
Kenny Johnson retweeted or re-x'd this, whatever the proper term is now. Maybe that's a good sign? Who knows.
Sure looks like it.

Also, are we still that worried about KJ? Wouldn't shock me if he still left, but those rumors happened ages ago now. Usually if they're gonna leave they've already left. It's taking forever and there was the tweet. Idk.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Feeling a little better about Ben staying now
2 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Remember when we used to worry about balancing the classes? Ah the good old days.
3 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Updated with Zek in the Transfer Portal.
RhodyMBB_Grid.png
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think we are going to lose 1 more of our 6 returnees !
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 4 weeks ago I think we are going to lose 1 more of our 6 returnees !
One of the 'right bros?
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Is Kourtright sticking around? Keep hearing rumors of his desire to go pro overseas.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Is Bilau actually leaving? I imagine he gets another year.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

rhodylaw wrote: 3 weeks ago Is Bilau actually leaving? I imagine he gets another year.
Nothing personal against Bilau, but I hope he's not being counted on to stay and provide meaningful minutes. Love his game, but he can't stay on the court.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

ram1980 wrote: 3 weeks ago
rhodylaw wrote: 3 weeks ago Is Bilau actually leaving? I imagine he gets another year.
Nothing personal against Bilau, but I hope he's not being counted on to stay and provide meaningful minutes. Love his game, but he can't stay on the court.
I am thinking given his Sr Night send off coupled with his lingering medical issues etc. I doubt he returns.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 3 weeks ago
ram1980 wrote: 3 weeks ago
I am thinking given his Sr Night send off coupled with his lingering medical issues etc. I doubt he returns.
It's been reported that he's going back to France. He graduated in December.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI has offered Jonah Hinton 6'3" from Panola JC in Carthage Texas. Hinton is from Chicago.

Panola was Nationally Ranked #14

Panola lost to #2 Ranked South Plains in Hutchinson Kansas where the National Championships are played. South Plains then moved on to the Elite 8
https://www.spctexans.com/sports/mbkb/2 ... 03261zwot2

Hinton Stats for the Season:
3 Point Shooting 85-214 = 39.7%

FT Shooting 87-109 = 79.8%
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago URI has offered Jonah Hinton 6'3" from Panola JC in Carthage Texas. Hinton is from Chicago.

Panola lost to #2 Ranked South Plains in Hutchinson Kansas where the National Championships are played. South Plains then moved on to the Elite 8

I like this cat...
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……..maybe. Do like what’s in that package.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago
ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago URI has offered Jonah Hinton 6'3" from Panola JC in Carthage Texas. Hinton is from Chicago.

I like this cat...
Really nice form on his jumper
0 x
Gators1
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Gators1 »

reef wrote: 3 weeks ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago

I like this cat...
Really nice form on his jumper
We need to see some defense in these clips...
2 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Defense in JUCO lmao, I have a chance of winning the lottery more than that
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

You need to really know what to look for in a player to recruit Jucos, I mean the competition is mostly negligible.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'll post this here for anybody who doesn't read the recruitment section. Ben Hammond and Paul VI will be on ESPNU today at 2:00, Ben's matchup will be Darius Acuff, the PG for IMG. He is a 5* player, ranked #4 overall in the 2025 class. Really good challenge for Ben. IMG also has 7'7" Oliver Rioux and three other 4* players. This is a quarterfinal game for the high school national championship. Should be good basketball for anyone who's interested.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

From the National Championship Program - Paul VI

KNOW THE PERSONNEL
The Panthers (33-2) are built for tournament play and will face the seventh-seed IMG Academy (FL) in the first round. The Panthers feature 6-5 Darren Harris, a Duke recruit, who is the WCAC Player of the Year. At 5-11 Ben Hammond was named First Team All-WCAC and will be headed to Rhode Island in the fall. Glenn Farello was named the WCAC Coach of the Year after guiding his team
to an unbeaten mark in the uber competitive WCAC. At 6-11, Patrick Ngongba II (his mom played in the WNBA) will join Harris at Duke. The frontline also features 6-8 Garrett Sundra (Notre Dame) and 6-7 wing Isaiah Abraham (Con- necticut), 6-8 junior Adlan Elamin (transfer from WCAC rival Bishop O’Connell) and 6-7 junior Jaquan Womack. The future backcourt of sophomores 6-3 Jordan Smith Jr. and 6-1 Anthony Brown Jr. adds depth. Speed, quickness and length define the Panthers.

road to chipotle nationals
In the last three seasons, the Panthers are 95-11, 50-3 in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (considered one of the nation’s top leagues), with 32 wins over nationally ranked teams and 41 straight wins in the WCAC. That’s on top of winning the WCAC Tournament title for the second time in three sea- sons and a third consecutive Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association Division I crown. In the WCAC final, the Panthers defeated Gonzaga (Washington, D.C.), 63-51, in the final. That’s 19-0 in the WCAC. In January, the Panthers captured the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions in Springfield, Mo., defeating eventual state champion St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA), 71-53, in the final. Prior to Christmas, the Panthers placed third at the City of Palms Classic, beating Link Academy, 74-71, in the consolation final in Fort Myers, FL. The Panthers are 2-2 against the Chipotle Nationals field, having beaten Link and IMG Acade- my but lost to Montverde Academy (FL) and Columbus (FL).
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

IMG Academy - Opponent of Paul VI

KNOW THE PERSONNEL
Key players include 6-2 junior Darius Acuff, Jr., 6-8 Donovan Freeman (Syracuse) and 6-6 Chase McCarty (Houston). Freeman, who previously attended St. John’s (DC), was selected to play in the McDonald’s All-American Game this week
in Houston. Acuff is one of the nation’s top juniors and topped the Nike EYBL Scholastic in scoring with 21.3 ppg and Freeman was seventh at 16.5 ppg. Acuff buried 29 3-pointers, shot 36.3% from downtown and handed out 5.3 apg. At 6-8, Khani Rooths (Michigan) is the team’s top rebounder and averaged 1.4 blocks in league play. The rotation is bolstered by 6-4 Cole Certa (Notre Dame), 7-7 Cana- dian Oliver Rioux (Florida), 6-6 junior Amari Allen, 6-8 forward Kareem Stagg and 6-4 point guard Felipe Quinones from Puerto Rico.

road to chipotle nationals
The measuring stick for the Ascenders (20-8) is the 2019 championship team in this event and since then the dream of a second Chipotle Nationals crown is the goal. The Ascenders, who are coached by Sean McAloon, are one of five teams in the field from the Nike EYBL Scholastic. In order to qualify for the Chipotle Nation- als, the Ascenders needed to piece together a three-game win streak to close out the EYBL Scholastic campaign, beating Oak Hill Academy (VA), 77-70; Oran- geville Academy (Ontario), 67-53; and La Lumiere School (IN), 72-63. However, when it comes to head-to-head competition with the tournament field, the Ascend- ers lost all four matchups to EYBL Scholastic brethren and a 71-70 setback to St. Paul VI Catholic (VA) at the City of Palms Classic before Christmas in Fort Myers, FL for a 1-5 mark. They defeated Prolific Prep (CA) at the Grind Session in Puerto Rico and had quality wins over Archbishop Stepinac (NY), Richmond Heights (OH) and Brewster Academy (NH).
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Ben is ballin!

3-3 from 3 😎
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah I'm watching Hammond right now as well. The dude is so good.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago Yeah I'm watching Hammond right now as well. The dude is so good.
Just now!

How he stripped that guy going up fro a dunk, sprinted down with the ball, found his guy in transition... chefs kiss 👨‍🍳
3 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Looks like the real deal. Hope we can surround him with some dudes.
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Ben also had what? 4 steals? 5? Could've had more assists as well.

Heaven forbid any of this be considered hype 😱
1 x
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

Hammond was unreal tonight! #thefuture
1 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

Awesome about Ben so happy he will wear Keaney blue! However, I feel like the phase “one and done” has taken on a new meaning with the NIL.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

rhodylaw wrote: 3 weeks ago Looks like the real deal. Hope we can surround him with some dudes.

Let’s go !
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fantastic news on Ben , hope he flat out kills it for us next year then we see what happens
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hammond finished with:
20 points
13 assists
4 steals
ZERO TURNOVERS

Jeff Dowtin like numbers

IMG_3026.jpeg
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Actually, I think we are currently in decent shape based on our current possible starting 5 going into 24-25.
Sure, we can always use some upgrades and a solid veteran PG and of course depth upfront would be a welcome addition.
I expect us to be competitive and finish in the top half this upcoming season.

Maybe current starting 5 (24-25), not terrible:
PG- Luis, depth with Ways and Hammond.
CG- Cam
CG- House, depth with Farrell (wing)
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Actually, we will just improve due to subtraction from our other A10 rivals.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i think we need more size
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago Actually, I think we are currently in decent shape based on our current possible starting 5 going into 24-25.
Sure, we can always use some upgrades and a solid veteran PG and of course depth upfront would be a welcome addition.

CG- Cam
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

If Luis is our starting PG, we will suck again. I like Luis as a player, but definitely not as a PG, especially with the style Archie wants to play......fast.
4 x
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago Actually, I think we are currently in decent shape based on our current possible starting 5 going into 24-25.

CG- Cam
F- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Hammond starts over Luis
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Rhodyg, if Hammond and Kort are the only 2 viable PG options on the team when the season rolls around then, I agree. I am rolling with Hammond from day one and not looking back - growing pains and all.
0 x