Oct. 5 - at Hampton*
Oct. 12 - Brown
Oct. 19 - at New Hampshire*
Oct. 26 - Maine*
Nov. 2 - Monmouth*
Nov. 9 - at Delaware*
Nov. 16 - UAlbany*
Nov. 23 - at Bryant*

No surprise that we'll be finishing the regular season at Bryant and I expect that will be the case going forward. At LIU is new information, I assume they won't be buying us out so I expect to see a home game against them in the future. My guess for Family Weekend will be the 9/14 game and Homecoming will be 10/26

https://gorhody.com/news/2024/1/10/2024 ... unced.aspx
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: 2024 Schedule

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Do we start tearing down the East stands November 18th?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Look for the season opener against Holy Cross to be a night game. That day will be part of move-in weekend at URI, so I doubt they'll want to play that during the day and have everything really congested
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago Do we start tearing down the East stands November 18th?
Hopefully November 16th around 5pm! lol

Hopefully we can postpone it for maybe a home playoff game.

Other than that as soon as the game is over on the November 16th tear it down. It will be a sight I never thought I see.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Blue & White Scrimmage is April 13th
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

That has to be one of the easier schedules we've ever had.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Not as easy as last year.
0 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

Holy Cross has been good but we play them at home. Minnesota of the B-10 is a buy game so no expectation to win, unlike last season against Georgia State, where the boys almost pulled off the upset road win. At Delaware is most likely a loss, same with at UNH. The rest is winnable but that’s already three losses. 12 games so maybe 8-4 is possible, but not much room for error. Also I would like to suggest a FB prediction contest. I love the BB one, but for football maybe we start simple just final record and CAA record. Just for fun!
0 x
FmrRamFB1
Michael Andersen

Unread post by FmrRamFB1 »

R.Kelly150 wrote: 1 month ago Holy Cross has been good but we play them at home. Minnesota of the B-10 is a buy game so no expectation to win, unlike last season against Georgia State, where the boys almost pulled off the upset road win. At Delaware is most likely a loss, same with at UNH. The rest is winnable but that’s already three losses. 12 games so maybe 8-4 is possible, but not much room for error. Also I would like to suggest a FB prediction contest. I love the BB one, but for football maybe we start simple just final record and CAA record. Just for fun!
Beside Minnesota which were being paid to lose, there’s not a guaranteed loss in the schedule. Holy Cross has to rebuild after the loss of their coach, player transfers and guys to the NFL. UNH lost their 2 best players, Laube (NFL) and Brosmer (transferred to Minnesota). We basically beat them 3 years in a row…I’m claiming the catch that wasn’t a win. Delaware could be a loss but I don’t think it’s a guarantee. 9-3
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

We're rebuilding ourselves considering everything we've lost the last two years. I think we've got some intriguing players in the QB room, but I don't think it's unfair to call our QB situation unsettled at the present moment
0 x
Farrell_Fan
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Farrell_Fan »

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

QB controversy, baby. All I ask is whoever ultimately gets the nod, plays like if they don't win the game, the Devil is going to take their soul at midnight.

Yeeeeee haaaaah
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

https://x.com/newftbj?s=20

New England Football Journal was at the practice earlier today. Some insight, clips and interviews.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

IMG_2972.jpeg

KINGSTON, R.I. - CAA Football has announced the game times for all conference matchups during the 2024 season, as well as home non-conference contests.

This season's schedule will be played over 13 weeks beginning on Thursday, Aug. 29 and includes 12 games for the first time since 2019. In addition to the extended schedule, the CAA expands to 16 teams for the first time in conference history with the addition of Bryant University.

The conference slate includes four home games and four road contests for each team. Each team was paired with one preferred partner and regional proximity was an important factor in determining the remaining opponents. Limiting air travel to reduce costs was a priority, with most teams not having more than one flight during conference play.

Conference action begins with four games on Saturday, Sept. 14 as Maine hosts Monmouth, Campbell visits Rhode Island, North Carolina A&T entertains Delaware and Towson travels to Villanova. On the following Saturday (Sept. 21), Bryant makes its CAA debut at New Hampshire.

The non-conference schedule features 12 games against FBS opponents, including three against the ACC, two against the Big Ten, two against the Big 12 and one versus the SEC. Nine of the 12 foes participated in bowl games in 2023. CAA Football teams have 19 victories over FBS opponents since 2009.

There are also nine non-conference contests against teams that reached the FCS playoffs in 2023, highlighted by a pair of playoff rematches as Villanova hosts Youngstown State and UAlbany returns to Idaho. CAA teams were 20-10 against non-conference competition in the regular season a year ago, with the Rams going 2-1.

Times for the remaining non-conference games will be announced by each individual institution as they are determined.

Rhode Island's home games in 2024 will be:
Saturday, Aug. 31 vs. Holy Cross - 7 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 14 vs. Campbell* - 6 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 12 vs. Brown - 1 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. Maine* - 1 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 2 vs. Monmouth* - 1 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 16 vs. UAlbany* - 1 p.m.

The Rams will travel for the following games:
Saturday, Sept. 7 at Minnesota - TBD
Saturday, Sept. 21 at LIU - 12 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 5 at Hampton* - 2 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 19 at New Hampshire* - 1 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 9 at Delaware* - 1 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 23 at Bryant* - 1 p.m.

https://gorhody.com/news/2024/3/29/game ... edule.aspx
1 x