Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 month ago and 3 more on my "keep" list is gone

my goodness

POS NCAA - absolutely ruined college sports
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Have any of these guys included the 'possibility to return'? Or are all of them definitely gone?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

CamsRams wrote: 1 month ago Updated Scholarship Tracker:

Removed Weston, Brown and Dubsky (transfer portal).

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
We definitely will need a couple of bigs with just Fuchs so far.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Don’t get much sleep Cams you will be very very busy
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Can’t wait to find out the total of people entering the portal on day 1 !
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Have any of these guys included the 'possibility to return'? Or are all of them definitely gone?
I don't think any of them have released those kind of personal statements on Twitter or Instagram you see this time of year, but all of them putting their names in on the first day of the portal suggests to me that they're all gone.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
We definitely will need a couple of bigs with just Fuchs so far.
And we definitely need to keep Fuchs!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Have any of these guys included the 'possibility to return'? Or are all of them definitely gone?
I don't think any of them have released those kind of personal statements on Twitter or Instagram you see this time of year, but all of them putting their names in on the first day of the portal suggests to me that they're all gone.
Yes I would think all are out of here !
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

This is great. Lots of yikesssss recruits here.
0 x
GO RAMS
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

Very quiet from Ryan’s camp right now. Calm before the storm to fill these scholarships with talent, experience, and guys who will buy in!
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

If thinks stay pat as they stand now, I am good with this core going into next season.
I thought they may upgrade from Ways, but maybe Archie sees some upside potential there.

Anyway, with the current 4 open spots, I wouldn't mind adding a solid veteran PG, a CG/Wing that can be a glue guy and can also stretch it, a rim protector, and a PF.

I expect our staff to up their game and our defense should be much improved.
I think having this past year together will help our team's chemistry and overall effort going forward.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago If thinks stay pat as they stand now, I am good with this core going into next season.
I thought they may upgrade from Ways, but maybe Archie sees some upside potential there.

Anyway, with the current 4 open spots, I wouldn't mind adding a solid veteran PG, a CG/Wing that can be a glue guy and can also stretch it, a rim protector, and a PF.

I think having this past year together will help our team's chemistry and overall effort going forward.
Is there any reason think that more Rhody players could be hitting the portalet? I mean, if they were going to...they would haqve done so by now?
Or, is that not really a thing? Like...player waits in his spot, is advised of deal from WYZ U...declares for portalet...two days later signs with XYZ U?
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago If thinks stay pat as they stand now, I am good with this core going into next season.

Good post, Jersey. That would be a solid core coming back and the PG, wing, front court portal tweaks I agree with, as well.

Two open questions I still have is, does House go pro ? And how soon will the KJ question get resolved so we can get clarity on the incoming freshman and get another recruiter in so we can move on ?

I think the sooner we get definitive answers on those two questions, the better off we will be.

I have no inside intel so there is the very real possibility that the answers have already been provided to Archie but official word is being delayed.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago

Is there any reason think that more Rhody players could be hitting the portalet? I mean, if they were going to...they would haqve done so by now?
Or, is that not really a thing? Like...player waits in his spot, is advised of deal from WYZ U...declares for portalet...two days later signs with XYZ U?
Yes it is still very possible that more of our players can leave, the portal has only been open about a week, and some of our players can also decide to play overseas or pursue something else.

I hope this core group remains including the recruits, but who knows.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think @ least 1 more leaves maybe 2 more , we could have a good player commit to us from the portal then someone may leave cuz of playing time
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

reef wrote: 1 month ago I think @ least 1 more leaves maybe 2 more , we could have a good player commit to us from the portal then someone may leave cuz of playing time
Is this a news or a theory?
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago
reef wrote: 1 month ago I think @ least 1 more leaves maybe 2 more , we could have a good player commit to us from the portal then someone may leave cuz of playing time
Is this a news or a theory?
This is a big time GUESS
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

as long as the player coming in is better than the player leaving...sign me up all day long and twice on Sunday
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
I like that 7

Maybe add two guards and two bigs?

One more older PG and one wing Weston type guy that can score?

Two five men, a veteran and a younger guy?

7 footer 😍
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

A coach doesn't even need to tell a player to transfer, or that he has no minutes next year. Just tell him they have no NIL coming next year.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

as long as the player coming in is better than the player leaving...sign me up all day long and twice on Sunday
That’s what I’m thinking 208 exactly
0 x
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

reef wrote: 1 month ago
That’s what I’m thinking 208 exactly
I completely agree, Mr. Reef and Mr. 208
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It seems almost all of the players we have been reported 'showing interest' are guards, even though it's obvious we need bigs. I think more guards ( 1 or 2 of Luis, House and Ways) and/or our incoming guard won't be here.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago It seems almost all of the players we have been reported 'showing interest' are guards, even though it's obvious we need bigs. I think more guards ( 1 or 2 of Luis, House and Ways) and/or our incoming guard won't be here.
If Arch can find better players then they will be gone most likely
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago
Unless Archie didn't want him back and/or Arizona State is promising a top role, wouldn't he just be better off coming back to us?
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 month ago
Unless Archie didn't want him back and/or Arizona State is promising a top role, wouldn't he just be better off coming back to us?
Yeah, this one is puzzling. Archie said how proud he was of Brandon, how hard he worked and how he had become a leader. He was also starting and getting plenty of minutes down the stretch. That would make it appear that Archie wanted him back. Maybe Brandon didn't want Archie.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Didn’t something similar happen with Ish? High praise from Archie, referred to him a warrior, quiet leader? Then portal.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yeah, this one is puzzling. Archie said how proud he was of Brandon, how hard he worked and how he had become a leader. He was also starting and getting plenty of minutes down the stretch. That would make it appear that Archie wanted him back. Maybe Brandon didn't want Archie.
I give it 25% that he comes back...that's not an overly impressive list (ASU aside as noted...then again, it only takes one)
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Yeah. Maybe BWest is the one who tests the portal, then comes back to Rhody. Time will tell..
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Didn’t something similar happen with Ish? High praise from Archie, referred to him a warrior, quiet leader? Then portal.
Right, but he got a solid role with a decent ACC school
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Didn’t something similar happen with Ish? High praise from Archie, referred to him a warrior, quiet leader? Then portal.
Right, but he got a solid role with a decent ACC school
Yeah - Leggett's profile and past experience was way different. Three years at URI and two of them, the team was awful. I can't really fault him for wanting to go to a team that wasn't in rebuild mode for his final year or two. Plus, D.C. to Pitt is a reasonable drive for his family.

Weston averaged 19 MPG for us, 5.4 PPG and 2.5 RPG. He broke 10 PPG five times this year. I think he's probably a less appealing prospect for high major teams than Foumena, who you can talk yourself into based on "athletic big, maybe it was a poor fit with Miller." I think Weston will be pursued harder by small conference teams that'll tell him he can go there and get 25, 30 MPG (almost) guaranteed.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Bryant.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

So far this is what our roster line-up looks like:

PG - Luis, Ways, Ben
CG- House, Cam
Wing - Zek, Farrell
SF/PF- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

I do like the experience returning (so far) and feel this will be a competitive group.
The additional year together will help the team's chemistry and I expect the defense to be much improved.

We are very thin upfront, so we obviously need more depth there.

Maybe an experienced true PG because Luis is questionable at that position, Ways hasn't shown much yet, and Ben is only a true freshman.

I was thinking our biggest jump would be in 25-26 (year 4 of Archie) but our 4 core players will be out of eligibility.
So, let's see how this staff does in the portal and the development of our young players.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I know this is a reach, but was there any indication that any of the portalers would possibly change their mind and return?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steviep123 wrote: 1 month ago I know this is a reach, but was there any indication that any of the portalers would possibly change their mind and return?
That is always a possibility, but much depends on how things were left between them and the staff.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I realize the roster, as listed above, will no doubt change. However as is, it leaves me with meh.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That roster does not move the needle whatsoever.

That's also assuming Hammond stays and plays.

If he were to leave, as it stands,

winning 10 games would be a stretch.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago That roster does not move the needle whatsoever.

There’s no way that returning your starting lineup with more experience and growth, means less wins. Holy hell we’re losing it and it’s not even the offseason.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

“Winning 10 games would be a stretch”

Jesus dude.
2 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago

There’s no way that returning your starting lineup with more experience and growth, means less wins. Holy hell we’re losing it and it’s not even the offseason.
I agree with Blue Man, I actually feel we can have a decent season with that group.
If Archie can bring in some pieces that fit and with more depth upfront, we should be okay.

This along with many of our A10 rivals losing key players, I expect us to be very competitive in 24-25.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Even if they are better than I just said, do they finish at .500?

The point is about winning, not going from crap to mediocrity. We've been mediocre for far too long.

The 4 or so transfers that Archie will bring in will be everything toward how good we will be
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I think the key is getting a stud PG (is Ben that if he continues to be committed?) and front court depth.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We need better defenders and FT shooters, and a full roster of guys that give 100% effort 100% of the time.

That's a big ask. Could it happen? Yes.

Will it happen? That's the 64000 dollar question.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago So far this is what our roster line-up looks like:

PG - Luis, Ways, Ben
CG- House, Cam
Wing - Zek, Farrell
SF/PF- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

I do like the experience returning (so far) and feel this will be a competitive group.
The additional year together will help the team's chemistry and I expect the defense to be much improved.

Maybe an experienced true PG because Luis is questionable at that position, Ways hasn't shown much yet, and Ben is only a true freshman.

I was thinking our biggest jump would be in 25-26 (year 4 of Archie) but our 4 core players will be out of eligibility.
So, let's see how this staff does in the portal and the development of our young players.
Talent and chemistry weren't the issue, effort and defensive competitiveness were. Where is the improvement in those areas coming from?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I doubt players who have a questionable work effort are going to magically become dedicated and fully committed all of a sudden.

They need to be identified and move on, and become someone else's problem.

If they dont want to play for this coach, how can you keep them around?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago I doubt players who have a questionable work effort are going to magically become dedicated and fully committed all of a sudden.

They need to be identified and move on, and become someone else's problem.

If they dont want to play for this coach, how can you keep them around?
IDK if you ever played sports but as the same person I've witnessed myself mature year over year whether it was youth, HS, college or men's leagues. You either stop doing certain things, understand how things are happening, learn rules better, bitch at refs less, figure out better practice/sleep habits, etc etc.

That literally happens all the time. Acting like it's impossible for 20 year old kids to grow, mature, and make changes to themselves is kinda odd.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

PG - Luis, Ways, Ben
CG- House, Cam
Wing - Zek, Farrell
SF/PF- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Talent and chemistry weren't the issue, effort and defensive competitiveness were. Where is the improvement in those areas coming from?
Chemistry was definitely an issue. Brand new team with a roster in flux. How was chemistry not an issue?
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

People have predicted there will be over 2000 transfers before the window closes.

So far, we're just past half way to that number.

So, how many more of our 9 remaining players will be leaving?

0? 1? 2? 3?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PG - Luis, Ways, Ben
CG- House, Cam
Wing - Zek, Farrell
SF/PF- Green
PF/C- Fuchs

Actually, Archie kept mentioning during the post-games that team chemistry needs to keep improving.

As far as defense goes Archie must feel comfortable that this core group will be able to get it done.
A year's experience playing together and for this staff will help.

Again successful coaches will be able to bring out the effort in his players, I think we will see much improvement in that area.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x