‘22 France F Jeremy Foumena (URI ---> ??? )

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: ‘22 France F Jeremy Foumena (URI Verbal Commit)

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago
reef wrote: 1 month ago Big Fou coming back to URI or putting name in the portal ?
I don't see him coming back.

Before yesterday’s game and during halftime Foumena shots 3 Point Shots from the corner over and over again. Not 5 foot or 10 foot shots - just the long ball. Sometimes instead of set 3P attempts he does some off balance - not sure why you would want to practice low percentage 3P attempts off balance.

Foumena hit 16-42 FTs for 38.1% this year. Maybe practicing FTs at halftime and pregame warm ups might make sense. He is not really a good shooter. His last 3P he made was a bank shot from top of the key and no he didn’t call it.

Miller made the right call on Fuchs, Green and Brown (and Bilau) playing ahead of Foumena
IMG_2627.jpeg
Last edited by ramster 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago
reef wrote: 1 month ago Big Fou coming back to URI or putting name in the portal ?

Before yesterday’s game and during halftime Foumena shots 3 Point Shots from the corner over and over again. Not 5 foot or 10 foot shots - just the long ball. Sometimes instead of set 3P attempts he does some off balance - not sure why you would want to practice low percentage 3P attempts off balance.

Foumena hit 16-42 FTs for 38.1% this year. Maybe practicing FTs at halftime and pregame warm ups might make sense. He is not really a good shooter. His last 3P he made was a bank shot from top of the key and no he didn’t call it.

Miller made the right call on Fuchs, Green and Brown (and Bilau) playing ahead of Foumena

IMG_2627.jpeg
Eh, I'm not sure how much to read into that. It seems pretty clear that both parties were checked out on each other before yesterday
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 month ago

IMG_2627.jpeg
Eh, I'm not sure how much to read into that. It seems pretty clear that both parties were checked out on each other before yesterday
Not really reading anything into it. I’ve watched Foumena not practice the shots he should be in my opinion all year.
A game a couple weeks ago he came in, fired off an off balance 3 pointer and in 5 minutes that was his only stat. I give Miller a lot of credit for giving Foumena opportunities but in the end Foumena simply got beaten out by Fuchs and Brown. Plus Miller going to the 4 guard line up hurt opportunities for the Big Men as well. Inky 1 Big at a time for the most part with Green filling the 3/4 spot.
Archie calling defense a F- a month ago lowered the playing time opportunity for guys not playing defense as he wanted them to.
2 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Folks in my mentions are talking about Fou like he's Giannis. Let's all calm down.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

IMG_2627.jpeg

You read into things way way too much man.

Weren’t you also the one who said Mike Layssard should play because he dunks hard in warm ups?
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago

IMG_2627.jpeg

Weren’t you also the one who said Mike Layssard should play because he dunks hard in warm ups?
You miss my point. I’ll type slowly.
Foumena is a big whose competition for playing time is Bilau, Fuchs and Tyson Brown. Those guys are practicing shots that they are most likely to be taking in the game itself. Layups, 5 footers, Free Throws. I’m courtside watching Foumena taking 3P after 3P. Just an observation. You are not going to see that at home.
Similar to when Fatts Russell would shoot dozens of shots from halfcourt in warmups instead of 3P’s and FT’s that he would take in the games. Cox ran loose pregame warm up drills.
I like Foumena, always have, but I think Miller has given him plenty of opportunity to beat out Bilau, Fuchs and Brown.
I don’t see it as a bad look for Miller that Foumena is leaving. There is a log jam ahead of Foumena. That simple. Nobody’s fault.

How’s your George Washington doing in the Tournament?
Last edited by ramster 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

IMG_2627.jpeg

Ah so you did say Layssard should play more because of his warm up dunks.

Thought so.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ah so you did say Layssard should play more because of his warm up dunks.

Thought so.
No idea on Layssard. He left URI not because of his play. I typed my reply on Foumena.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: ‘22 France F Jeremy Foumena (URI ---> ??? )

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Foumena to UVM is a move I’d like, could see him in Smithfield. Hour and a half from home for him.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So, these are the types of schools that might look at him? And Archie had him buried at the end of the bench.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I could see big Jeremy as a Tiger
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

He's 6'11" and athletic, so it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up anywhere - teams are always looking for a live, big body. That being said, this is Whisper Season, and "heard from" can mean anything from "we actually extended an offer" to "we contacted him in case a dozen other options fall through."
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Fou played well against bad competition. He would have a tough time seeing the floor at LSU. If I were him, I'd go to a low major and be a star.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

No other team he goes to is going to run this packline nonsense, so I wouldn't judge him on anything that happened here on this team. On an offense oriented team that plays a basic defense he could explode on the scene, we'll see if LSU thinks so.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

If this dude ends up at LSU it will be a serious indictment of Archie’s talent evaluation. In the meantime, it’s just Marial Mading to Kentucky vibes.
0 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

He needs to get more physical and learn to play through contact on both ends of the floor.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

So, these are the types of schools that might look at him? And Archie had him buried at the end of the bench.
George Washington’s big Hunter Dean went to LSU and only averaged 4 pts / 3 rebs, having interest from P5 doesn’t mean your looked as valuable
Last edited by Dino611 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 month ago
George Washington’s big Hunter Dean went to LSU and only averaged 4 pts / 3 rebs, having interest from P5 means your looked as valuable
Another cautionary tale of A10 to P5, Josh Nickelberry.

Started at Louisville, no minutes.

Two years at La Salle, 25 mins a game, 11 ppg.

FSU this year, 9 mins a game, 2.5 ppg.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ickelberry
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

George Washington’s big Hunter Dean went to LSU and only averaged 4 pts / 3 rebs, having interest from P5 means your looked as valuable

Has Fou heard from anyone but LSU? Or, is he locked in as their all conference starter?
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Noah Fernandes
Kyle Lofton
Osun Osunniyi
Tyler Burton

Long list of upper echelon A10'ers that went P5 and saw much smaller roles and stats. I actually can't think of many that unleveled. Jacob Toppin for sure. But he left as a FR so still had a lot of improving to go. Tyrese. Seems like way more where it didn't turn out too well.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago

Noah Fernandes
Kyle Lofton
Osun Osunniyi
Tyler Burton

Long list of upper echelon A10'ers that went P5 and saw much smaller roles and stats. I actually can't think of many that unleveled. Jacob Toppin for sure. But he left as a FR so still had a lot of improving to go. Tyrese. Seems like way more where it didn't turn out too well.
This is why I still think the transfer numbers across college hoops are going to level out soon and even drop a little eventually (never back to the way it was before obviously though). I think players are going to see some of these "cautionary tales", they'll hear about it from friends and coaches, and more may decide to stay where they are. Especially if they are at winning programs.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Not sure what he's doing there, but Fou is in Miami today. In the meantime, Brandon is working out in the practice facility. Did Fou leave school? Classes started back up this week.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Not sure what he's doing there, but Fou is in Miami today. In the meantime, Brandon is working out in the practice facility. Did Fou leave school? Classes started back up this week.
He’s probably slow to get back to classes like he was slow to rotate on D.
4 x