'23 VA SG - Connor Dubsky (URI ---> ??? )

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: '23 VA SG - Connor Dubsky (URI Commit)

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I watched a bunch of Connors games… His team was loaded with talent which is why they made the finals of the National tournament. He was either the 6th or 7th man off the bench and came in and did what he does best. Shoot. Moves really well without the ball and was very good at getting open. I’m excited to watch him develop here.
Will just make him more ready to contribute right away.

No reason he can't come in give us a few minutes and be a threat from three.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

CamsRams wrote: 10 months ago
These are fun thanks for posting
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

FREE DUBS
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

FREE DUBS = DUB-U

LET DUBS PLAY
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 months agoFREE DUBS
Where else can you get top notch insight like this?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I spoke with Connor a few days ago. He's ready to help the team in any way he can if Archie wants him in. He's got a great attitude.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago I spoke with Connor a few days ago. He's ready to help the team in any way he can if Archie wants him in. He's got a great attitude.
Cool, hoping everyone would be willing to help if Arch wanted, but good to hear, I guess. Has he mixed in a few j's over break? Or, no need?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago I spoke with Connor a few days ago. He's ready to help the team in any way he can if Archie wants him in. He's got a great attitude.
Cool, hoping everyone would be willing to help if Arch wanted, but good to hear, I guess. Has he mixed in a few j's over break? Or, no need?
He walked into Xmas dinner and they all said he had the best jumper in the room !
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 months agoFREE DUBS
Where else can you get top notch insight like this?

it was not insightful of you not to reference my more insightful post :P

FREE DUBS = DUB-U
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

awesome.. he will be a star for us

get the kid in there

0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Don’t see Dubsky on the bench. Assuming he’s still sick.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Ramfan22 wrote: 3 months ago Don’t see Dubsky on the bench. Assuming he’s still sick.
Saw Dub at the shoot around though.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Arch said he had a bad case of the flu.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 months ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 3 months ago Don’t see Dubsky on the bench. Assuming he’s still sick.
Saw Dub at the shoot around though.
You must have seen Jameson Smith. Dubsky wasn't there.
0 x
Coach_NDuke
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: '23 VT SG - Connor Dubsky (Visited URI)

Unread post by Coach_NDuke »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for posting the video, Jersey.

Dubsky does look to have a nice jump shot; good release, good height off the floor and good touch. He appears to have good skills but, not sure about the level of competition, however.

Compelling prospect. Under the radar, stealth recruit? We need shooters and however the staff can find them or wherever they can is a good sign they value the need.
Looking at this clip at Boo Williams he scored 20 of the teams 43 and played against Davin Cosby (Alabama), Dennis Parker Jr (NC State) and Carter Lang (Vanderbilt). Final was 45 - 43. Also, another clip where he played against Saint Francies - Jahnathan Lamothe (Maryland) and Carlton Carrington (Pitt). Won that game, scored 19. I think the challenge is a free flowing offense that looks to score quickly vs a URI offense that has a lot of structure, no urgency is scoring. All of this said in hindsight.... looking back.
0 x
Coach_NDuke
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: '23 VT SG - Connor Dubsky (Visited URI)

Unread post by Coach_NDuke »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for posting the video, Jersey.

Dubsky does look to have a nice jump shot; good release, good height off the floor and good touch. He appears to have good skills but, not sure about the level of competition, however.

Compelling prospect. Under the radar, stealth recruit? We need shooters and however the staff can find them or wherever they can is a good sign they value the need.
Looking at this clip at Boo Williams he scored 20 of the teams 43 and played against Davin Cosby (Alabama), Dennis Parker Jr (NC State) and Carter Lang (Vanderbilt). Final was 45 - 43. Also, another clip where he played against Saint Francies - Jahnathan Lamothe (Maryland) and Carlton Carrington (Pitt). Won that game, scored 19. I think the challenge is a free flowing offense that looks to score quickly vs a URI offense that has a lot of structure, no urgency is scoring. All of this said in hindsight.... looking back.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Just entered the Portal.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

For the people that say a highlight video doesn’t matter. Here is another link to watch Connor in a live game…
Highlight videos don't matter. You can quote me on that.

I can go find a bunch of end of bench high school kids and put together a highlight video that makes them look legit. You'd get excited about them too, probably.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 month ago

For the people that say a highlight video doesn’t matter. Here is another link to watch Connor in a live game…

I can go find a bunch of end of bench high school kids and put together a highlight video that makes them look legit. You'd get excited about them too, probably.
I have no problem with Stevey posting recruiting videos, I look forward to it.
That doesn't mean we have unrealistic expections for the player, but it is nice to see who we are getting.
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago

That doesn't mean we have unrealistic expections for the player, but it is nice to see who we are getting.
Yeah, I'll watch clips of players. Obviously, everyone knows that anyone can make a great highlight video. That's why I sent a link to watch him in a real game, but Playmike clearly didn't understand that. Also, "any player can make a great highlight tape" has been said here about 100,000 times. So no, I'm not going to quote you on that. That's one of the most unoriginal, boring takes on here. Can you come up with anything new, Playmike? At least when you were a condescending prick before you had your own material. Now you're just copying what 15 says..

Also, I saw Connor go off in a tournament, so I was super excited about him. Then, after watching Connor more and more, I said I didn't think he'd be good enough to have a role on the team this year... Like all of our players, I had hoped he could develop into a good player. But he's gone. I'm moving on. I wish him the best, he's a really nice kid.

Here are some of my quotes
steveystuds06 wrote: ↑6 months ago
Out of all the guards, I think Connor is the most likely to redshirt or not see the floor. Heck of a shooter but has a lot to improve on everywhere else.

I hope so. I love Connor. One of the nicest kids I've met. He didn't do a thing in a bunch a games I watched against more athletic guards.

steveystuds06 » 10 months ago
I was bashed by a few negative people on here when I said I was high on them. But I will admit, the more I watched Connor he really doesn't do anything but shoot right now, so he does have a ways to go to make a big impact. Cam, I think could be special.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago

Yeah, I'll watch clips of players. Obviously, everyone knows that anyone can make a great highlight video. That's why I sent a link to watch him in a real game, but Playmike clearly didn't understand that. Also, "any player can make a great highlight tape" has been said here about 100,000 times. So no, I'm not going to quote you on that. That's one of the most unoriginal, boring takes on here. Can you come up with anything new, Playmike? At least when you were a condescending prick before you had your own material. Now you're just copying what 15 says..

Also, I saw Connor go off in a tournament, so I was super excited about him. Then, after watching Connor more and more, I said I didn't think he'd be good enough to have a role on the team this year... Like all of our players, I had hoped he could develop into a good player. But he's gone. I'm moving on. I wish him the best, he's a really nice kid.

Out of all the guards, I think Connor is the most likely to redshirt or not see the floor. Heck of a shooter but has a lot to improve on everywhere else.

I hope so. I love Connor. One of the nicest kids I've met. He didn't do a thing in a bunch a games I watched against more athletic guards.

I was bashed by a few negative people on here when I said I was high on them. But I will admit, the more I watched Connor he really doesn't do anything but shoot right now, so he does have a ways to go to make a big impact. Cam, I think could be special.
A certain unnamed poster posted this a year ago "He’s gonna be a special player for Rhody."

That's what I mean by "tap the brakes." The kid had never taken a class nor gone thru a college workout and already you're making a declaration of greatness. Totally unfair, unjustified and unrealistic by you. What kind of person makes a statement like that after watching an 18-year old, 165 pound play a few games of hoop?
1 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

A certain unnamed poster posted this a year ago "He’s gonna be a special player for Rhody." "I’m very excited to see Connor and Cam next season. I think both players will end up making an impact."

That's what I mean by "tap the brakes." The kid had never taken a class nor gone thru a college workout and already you're making a declaration of "could be special." Totally unfair, unjustified and unrealistic by you. What kind of person makes a statement like that after watching an 18-year old, 165 pound play a few games of hoop?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

A certain unnamed poster posted this a year ago "He’s gonna be a special player for Rhody."

That's what I mean by "tap the brakes." The kid had never taken a class nor gone thru a college workout and already you're making a declaration of greatness. Totally unfair, unjustified and unrealistic by you. What kind of person makes a statement like that after watching an 18-year old, 165 pound play a few games of hoop?
What kind of person gets excited about a new player coming to their team? Umm, like 90% of fans across the country in every sport, hahaha. What are you talking about??!! This is so odd. You literally come to a message board for diehard fans of this program and complain that people get excited, have high expectations, or have a positive outlook. How dare a fan say a recruit is going to be great?! Do you realize how stupid that is?

This is what I do for any sport I watch, and I recommend you try it instead of wasting time complaining about people talking about recruits on the recruiting page of message boards. If I watch a player, I will form an opinion. That opinion could be great, bad, or average. Who the hell knows? I give my honest opinion of what I thought. This is why I was excited after Connor looked awesome in a few tournaments and his stock was starting to rise. But then, after watching him more, he didn't look like the same player, so my opinion of him changed. Guess what? Fans are allowed to have their opinions of players change. We aren't the head coach the AD or an assistant, or even the manager. We are FANS. We can hype or overreact or complain or celebrate all we want. Also, fans can be like you and have no opinion at all until they play and see results. Keaneyblue.com is literally the place to do this for URI men's basketball, but you somehow don't understand it.

The real question is, what type of person adds zero value to this board and just complains about other fans' opinions? That's literally all you do. You don't even form an opinion about any of these players; you just tell people what they can or can't say about the players. You're not my boss, bud. Or anyone else here. We will continue to have whatever opinions we want, whether you like it or not. I promise you plenty of people will have high expectations for whatever recruits we land in the future. Some of us will be right. Some of us will be wrong. All of us will still continue to be fans.
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Re: '23 VA SG - Connor Dubsky (URI ---> ??? )

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Keep the videos coming Steven, and your assessments. I do appreciate them and like to hear what you think.
6 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: '23 VA SG - Connor Dubsky (URI ---> ??? )

HEAR HEAR
0 x