A Request

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

A Request

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Given that most of the pinned posts are either here, or in some cases possibly moving on, can we "un-pin" all but the '24 commits?

Thanks!!
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: A Request

Unread post by SGreenwell »

NHRamFan wrote: 1 month ago Given that most of the pinned posts are either here, or in some cases possibly moving on, can we "un-pin" all but the '24 commits?

Thanks!!
I think another mod might have seen this and taken care of it. I think all of the pinned threads are guys on the team, or verbal commits like Hammond and Farrell.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago
NHRamFan wrote: 1 month ago Given that most of the pinned posts are either here, or in some cases possibly moving on, can we "un-pin" all but the '24 commits?

Thanks!!
I think another mod might have seen this and taken care of it. I think all of the pinned threads are guys on the team, or verbal commits like Hammond and Farrell.
I think he's saying that guys on the team are no longer recruits. Only Hammond and Farrell should be pinned.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago

Thanks!!
I think he's saying that guys on the team are no longer recruits. Only Hammond and Farrell should be pinned.
I think in the past, the consensus was to keep threads pinned even when they joined, because people liked to read about what was said about a player X years ago. If that has changed, we could always do a poll in the off-season about it, and see what people want to go with going forward. Logistically, it's not a huge deal either way on the back end.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Thanks!!

funny because i was thinking the same exact thing like a day or 2 ago...

please do this.. we have to scroll all the way down for relevant posts...
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Yeah. Should just be Hammond and Farrell at this point.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago

I think in the past, the consensus was to keep threads pinned even when they joined, because people liked to read about what was said about a player X years ago. If that has changed, we could always do a poll in the off-season about it, and see what people want to go with going forward. Logistically, it's not a huge deal either way on the back end.
Keeping all of our current players and commitments pinned is the way to go
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

As a compromise measure, I've created a new thread that'll (hopefully!) be both a historical archive for recruiting threads, as well as highlighting the current roster. You can find it here. It'll take me a couple days to fully populate it, but I think it'll be a good resource when done. (This forum is officially Internet Old at this point, so if people really want to read a decade-old recruiting thread about Ifeanyi Onyekaba, who was a 3-star on ESPN at some point, some how, well, I intend to enable them!)
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Love the new thread - can you delete my post in it and make it only read only ?… this was it’s just what you update it and it doesn’t have any other posts ..

Sorry for posting there
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 month ago Love the new thread - can you delete my post in it and make it only read only ?… this was it’s just what you update it and it doesn’t have any other posts ..

Sorry for posting there
Ha, no worries, it's fine there! I don't think there will be a ton of chatter in there, since it'll mostly be a resource thread that I update from time to time. (Hopefully!)
0 x