Rhody Rehab is Open

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
jcru
Sly Williams

Re: Rhody Rehab is Open

Unread post by jcru »

This Archie team begins and ends with the packline defense. Sink or swim, it basically boils down to that. That being said, we had two freshman this year, Cam and Dubsky. Maybe it wasn't so obvious 365 days ago, but if you lasted through this season, you now KNOW this team is married to a gimmick defense. That most teams in Div 1 basketball do not play. Does any one here, really believe that Dubsky was ever going to be able to pull off playing this defense, hindsight being 20/20?

So, basically we recruited exactly one freshman last year, capable of even remotely playing this style.

My guess is, the teams that played the packline in the past, like Xavier and Virginia, that were successful, had so much overwhelming talent that they could have literally played any style they wanted and been successful, and yet the coaches attribute it to playing the packline.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago If Hammond leaves we will back to square one.

Who the fuck will want to come here?

If KJ does leave hopefully he convinces Hammond and Farrell to stay.

At least for a year anyway.

Let's face it, this program has become a train wreck on top of a dumpster fire

Would money even fix this? Getting an entirely new team for next season could happen.

Can't wait. NOT.
Why would KJ tell his recruits “I know I’m leaving to a better program but you guys should definitely stay at this middling A10 school.”

That’s not happening.
There aren’t many programs worse than ours right now but Georgetown is probably 1 of them. Plus they have Epps and Brumbaugh taking minutes at the 1 unless they both leave that doesn’t feel like a fit for Hammond.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 month ago honestly who needs this shit.. every year you root for players that leave..

at what point do we have better things to do with our time

pains me to say this..

just down on this entire portal thing

give me back the good ole days where we can watch a player like dubs or whomever develop into something and being proud of that player

this is a joke

ruined college sports forever
The last few weeks you've been going on and on about how you wanted at least 5 guys kicked off the team, and now you're mad and its ruining the game when guys are leaving? Which is it? Make up your mind.
5 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If Thorr had hair, it'd be on fire.
2 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

At this point we are just waiting on the official announcement that Kenny is gone, already recently followed 2 Georgetown commits (Thomas Sorber/Kayvoun Mulready) on Twitter, looks like this program is going down fast. Archie needs to pray he can retain Ben and Tyson.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Joe95 wrote: 1 month ago At this point we are just waiting on the official announcement that Kenny is gone, already recently followed 2 Georgetown commits (Thomas Sorber/Kayvoun Mulready) on Twitter, looks like this program is going down fast. Archie needs to pray he can retain Ben and Tyson.
Two unproven freshman? Surely you jest.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago
Joe95 wrote: 1 month ago At this point we are just waiting on the official announcement that Kenny is gone, already recently followed 2 Georgetown commits (Thomas Sorber/Kayvoun Mulready) on Twitter, looks like this program is going down fast. Archie needs to pray he can retain Ben and Tyson.
One of them is a 4* star though! Your favorite!

We get a 4*, but now you’re saying he’s unproven and insinuating we shouldn’t fret if we lose him.

Make up your mind.
0 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

If we keep Hammond and Farrell, I guess anything is possible. Hammond and Cam could make a nice backcourt, along with Farrell, a couple of wing players hanging around and whatever frontcourt players we can scrounge together, just like the old days. Offense really isn't my biggest fear, despite us not being able to put points on the board this year.

Somehow, that defense really makes me weary. It can be downright matador at times. They say rule #1 of the packline is to not give up the baseline and these guys gave up the baseline all day long, it was awful in that last game against St Louis.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

If we lose KJ and Hammond that may be what breaks me...No shot Hammond comes if KJ is gone.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago If we lose KJ and Hammond that may be what breaks me...No shot Hammond comes if KJ is gone.
Yeah forsure. I was not expecting today to go like this. Man is it a nerve wracking time for all fans.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago If we lose KJ and Hammond that may be what breaks me...No shot Hammond comes if KJ is gone.
Hammond has already removed the pic of himself in a Rhody uniform on twitter, although it's still there in IG. Does that mean anything? Who knows? And pretty soon for me, it's going to be, who cares?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago If Hammond leaves we will back to square one.

Who the fuck will want to come here?

If KJ does leave hopefully he convinces Hammond and Farrell to stay.

At least for a year anyway.

Let's face it, this program has become a train wreck on top of a dumpster fire

Would money even fix this? Getting an entirely new team for next season could happen.

Can't wait. NOT.
Why would KJ tell his recruits “I know I’m leaving to a better program but you guys should definitely stay at this middling A10 school.”

That’s not happening.
There aren’t many programs worse than ours right now but Georgetown is probably 1 of them. Plus they have Epps and Brumbaugh taking minutes at the 1 unless they both leave that doesn’t feel like a fit for Hammond.
Ton more resources, better conference, more NIL, better coach.

Cooley will turn it around quickly there.
0 x
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago

And about the only guy who played defense.
Next year should be fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah. 10, 11, 12 new guys that I will have no connection with. This sucks. The sport is being ruined.
and 10, 11, 12 new guys that don't REEEEALLY want to be here.

wanting to be somewhere and being paid to be somewhere are two different things.
0 x
:lol:
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

This is going to a tough two years coming up.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We will have no players but will still have the extremely popular pack line so called defense.

It's enough to make me a UConn fan.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

One of them is a 4* star though! Your favorite!

We get a 4*, but now you’re saying he’s unproven and insinuating we shouldn’t fret if we lose him.

Make up your mind.
you're screaming at the sky about something that mattered 5 years ago.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago We will have no players but will still have the extremely popular pack line so called defense.

It's enough to make me a UConn fan.
The support group facilitator says, haven’t we all?…….
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We have to wait to hear what spin Blue Man will put on this, if we do lose the 2 recruits.

This is only day 1 of portalpalooza too.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Innovate or die people.
Freakin Duquesne is going to the Dance and people are acting like we are doomed forever. Duquesne. Whether Archie is the guy or not I promise the Rams will rise again. Put on your big boy pants it’s Portal Kombat.
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Ugh.......

🤢
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

It was kinda odd to me when KJ’s son committed to St. Joes.
Not much was made of it here. But if the kid is good enough for the A10 and his Dad is planted at an A10 program why isn’t he going there?
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago Innovate or die people.
Freakin Duquesne is going to the Dance and people are acting like we are doomed forever. Duquesne. Whether Archie is the guy or not I promise the Rams will rise again. Put on your big boy pants it’s Portal Kombat.
Maybe we will. But is it fun when the guys who do it are here only for a year or 2 ? Obviously, I'm old school, having been a fan for more than 50 years. A big part of being a fan was seeing a recruit arrive and watching him develop over a 4 year period. That's what almost all of the URI greats have done, with the exception of Sly(3 years) and Lamar( 1 year). Those days are over. I don't feel any connection with any of the players anymore. It's no longer fun.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Maybe we will. But is it fun when the guys who do it are here only for a year or 2 ? Obviously, I'm old school, having been a fan for more than 50 years. A big part of being a fan was seeing a recruit arrive and watching him develop over a 4 year period. That's what almost all of the URI greats have done, with the exception of Sly(3 years) and Lamar( 1 year). Those days are over. I don't feel any connection with any of the players anymore. It's no longer fun.
If we get out stuff together, more guys will stay more years. Teams with more stability have less movement from players. It's not all doom and gloom.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

What's it going to take to get our shit together?

A pant load of money?

A new coach who doesn't play the pack line?

Any other ideas?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago What's it going to take to get our shit together?

A pant load of money?

Any other ideas?
Let's not overreact yet.
Just waiting to see how everything plays out.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

A pant load of money?

Any other ideas?
Much simpler. Win games.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago
If we get out stuff together, more guys will stay more years. Teams with more stability have less movement from players. It's not all doom and gloom.
Going back as recently as a few years ago, what do you think the chances are that Jared Terrell, EC Matthews and Jeff Dowtin would have played here for 4 years given today's environment of NIL and the portal?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

A pant load of money?

Any other ideas?
Which of the players that have announced their transfer from URI so far do you think are leaving because they have big money waiting for them somewhere else? I can't think of any.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago

A pant load of money?

Any other ideas?
Which of the players that have announced their transfer from URI so far do you think are leaving because they have big money waiting for them somewhere else? I can't think of any.
If I had to choose one I’d say Foumena.

A legit 6’10, 3 years of eligibility remaining, showed flashes this season.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rams99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rams99 »

The portal is open for 45 days.
There will lots of heartbreaks and who knows surprises… it will shake out for players and coaches. If I could move up and make more why the hell wouldn’t you.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

A pant load of money?

Any other ideas?

Yes. Jacob Toppin went to Kentucky without doing anything here. It's all about potential with some players.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

We're going to be mining the Northeast Conference like a son of a gun
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

A pant load of money?

Any other ideas?

He's the only one that I could maybe see. But even if he does transfer up to a better program because of his potential I'm not sure it's going to be coming with a huge pay day.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago

A pant load of money?

Any other ideas?
Let's not overreact yet.
Just waiting to see how everything plays out.
…..but Dr, I am afraid to go to our fan forum, message board, every time time I go o it, more bad news……
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

quick question: are the meds from this Rhody Rehab going to cause me to gain weight?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Arch grab Coach Duane and coach Austin and start studying film for the portal !
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 1 month ago quick question: are the meds from this Rhody Rehab going to cause me to gain weight?
No. It just causes hallucinations. You will be on a long, strange trip.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 1 month ago quick question: are the meds from this Rhody Rehab going to cause me to gain weight?
Stay away from the brown acid.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Who could blame KJ if he leaves?

I would if I were him.

For many reasons that are well known already.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

The only recommended meds here are alcohol related, so therefore packing on a few pounds is a side effect.. but please, do not pack any lines…….😉
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago
It was kinda odd to me when KJ’s son committed to St. Joes.
Not much was made of it here. But if the kid is good enough for the A10 and his Dad is planted at an A10 program why isn’t he going there?
Jeez I had no idea Kenny had a son who plays
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago
The only recommended meds here are alcohol related, so therefore packing on a few pounds is a side effect.. but please, do not pack any lines…….😉
i'm going to pack the ole peace pipe with SweetSpots finest
2 x
:lol:
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 month ago
section(105) wrote: 1 month ago

i'm going to pack the ole peace pipe with SweetSpots finest
Aaaaahhhhh the beauty of Rhody Rehab……you’re OK, I’m OK…..
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Does this mean 12 O'Clock High is back in session?
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago Does this mean 12 O'Clock High is back in session?
On the Quad!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 1 month ago
theblueram wrote: 1 month ago Does this mean 12 O'Clock High is back in session?
On the Quad!
50 years ago, it was called High Noon on the Quad. Every Friday.
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

A pant load of money?

Any other ideas?

I think Foumena has a small school waiting for him or if he goes somewhere better than A-10 he has the pine waiting for him on the bench. No bags of big cash in his future
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I tell ya, I am in need of inpatient Rhody rehab.
My SSO for URI was locked because I didn't do a required training, and I have 35 papers and 35 Mid-terms to correct.
I am having a minor procedure on Friday which disallows any alcohol for 5 days prior to anesthesia.
Almost everyone on our team has entered the portal
KJ was spotted having dinner with Pitino, and is the talk of the Georgetown board as their next assistant coach.

What else can go wrong?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 month ago I tell ya, I am in need of inpatient Rhody rehab.
My SSO for URI was locked because I didn't do a required training, and I have 35 papers and 35 Mid-terms to correct.
I am having a minor procedure on Friday which disallows any alcohol for 5 days prior to anesthesia.
KJ was spotted having dinner with Pitino, and is the talk of the Georgetown board as their next assistant coach.

What else can go wrong?
well, you could be forced to abstain from alc..oh wait, never mind.
Hope it goes well on Friday
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 month ago I tell ya, I am in need of inpatient Rhody rehab.

What else can go wrong?
Whatever it is you, and significant other, will deal with it. Cause always remember this about Rhody fans, you were chosen by a force and higher power to be one. Best.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938