The PGA

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: The PGA

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Glad to see Jordan Spieth make a comeback...he'll win again sometime this year.

Unfortunate news about Tiger today....whether you love him or hate him.

He can sure drive a golf ball, but evidently not a car.....

Hope he's OK. Too early to tell, but I won't be surprised if he makes another comeback after he heals.

Anything's possible. Look what Alex Smith did...I watched the show about his ordeal...the pictures of his leg were gruesome...he was lucky to survive, much less play again.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

I hope he is all right. I don't even think all the details have been sorted out. It was stated compound fractures to his legs.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/g ... 572484001/

"Comminuted" means there were multiple fragments of the tibia and fibula shattering, ESPN injury analyst Stephania Bell said on the network Wednesday morning. "Open fractures" are otherwise known as compound fractures, meaning the bone has protruded through the skin.

Doctors placed a rod through the tibia (goal is that bone heals around it), with a "combination of screws and pins" to stabilize additional bones in the ankle and foot, indicating multiple injuries in the area.

I don't know what "surgical release of the covering of the muscles means, but I can't imagine it's ideal.

45 years old, still recovering from a back surgery and out you'd have to think at least another year, it's hard to see him being a contender ever again at a serious golf tournament. This really sucks, there hasn't been a more influential professional athlete on my life
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The severity and sheer number of the injuries, concerns me when it comes to infection.

His injuries sound worse than Smith's.

He might need many more surgeries.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

I think he's done for the year for sure and perhaps his career. Sad story.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Even without this, I don't think he would have won again. The back issues aren't going away.

Especially winning another major.

His window to win age wise is closing fast even if he was healthy.

He has to worry about what his quality of life will be going forward, just due to all of the back surgeries.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Even without this, I don't think he would have won again. The back issues aren't going away.

He has to worry about what his quality of life will be going forward, just due to all of the back surgeries.
Before the crash I could have seen him in contention again at The Masters or British Open depending on the course. Now I doubt it
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

They are saying Woods may have fallen asleep at the wheel.

At 7 am?

My guess is, he was texting.

I'm sure Tiger knows the reason, and he ain't talking.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

He definitely was speeding for sure hopefully he wasn’t texting , that is a dangerous stretch of road they said lots of accidents

Colin Morikawa won again today
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The shots those guys make are amazing, especially when they need to save pars.

When I played a lot I was happy to make a half dozen really good shots a round.

The best I ever got was an 8 or 9 handicap. My swing, unfortunately, looked like someone beating a dead horse with a baseball bat.

Sort of like Charles Barkley, but not THAT bad.
1 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Even without this, I don't think he would have won again. The back issues aren't going away.

Without this incident, it's hard to say. All it takes is to get hot for one week, and a major can be won. Tiger has done it. Other golfers have too. So I wouldn't say it would have been out of the question.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 3 years ago He definitely was speeding for sure hopefully he wasn’t texting , that is a dangerous stretch of road they said lots of accidents

Colin Morikawa won again today
Morikawa is so damn good. If his putting is even remotely on he's really tough to beat
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago The shots those guys make are amazing, especially when they need to save pars.
I'm thinking of the Hovland shot from behind the green. I have no idea how the hell he did that
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago The shots those guys make are amazing, especially when they need to save pars.
I'm thinking of the Hovland shot from behind the green. I have no idea how the hell he did that
Did you see what happened to him on his last hole Friday?

His second shot landed in the edge of the bushes behind the green, and he ended up taking an 8. Made a 15 footer to do that.

He had made 7 birdies without a bogey up until then....those 4 strokes cost him the tournament.

He should have taken an unplayable lie and probably would have made a 5.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Watch out for Xander S , this is the year he wins a major
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I am in a majors pool that pays pretty well so I'm checking this out for tips.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'm not a big fan of Koepka or Reed, but those guys are good..... I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks wins another major.

I thought Fowler was going to win a major someday, not so sure now, he's in a slump like Spieth was.

Watch out for Spieth though at the Masters. Don't have to drive it straight to win there. No rough.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

DJ, Koepka (if he's healthy that week), Morikawa (an absolute assassin), and Bryson all have to be considered favorites to win majors this year. Xander Schauffele has a little Tony Finau in him where you expect more because of how so often they're near the top and you have to wonder does that mean they're due to breakout or does that mean they can't close the deal.

I wasn't a fan of Koepka before, but with the way he's been going after Bryson I've suddenly appreciated him a lot more
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

When do we expect to hear how and why Woods crashed?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 3 years ago When do we expect to hear how and why Woods crashed?
I think there could be a coverup.

I think he was distracted probably on his phone, and traveling too fast.

If it comes out, it's a bad look.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Came out today that he was found unconscious

My best guess he was speeding or was distracted and lost control of car as it was a dangerous piece of road
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Watching golf right now is fun....sure beats the crap that is URI BB right now.

DeChambeau is something else...almost driving a 555 yard [dogleg of course, but still] hole.

Spieth making a hole in one.

I spend my time watching golf, EPL soccer, and Nascar with a little college BB thrown in.

Yeah I don't have a life, but oh well. Waiting for the weather to get warmer.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Westwood trying to win a tournament at age 47
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bryson D wins fit the 8th time on the PGA tour
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

US open 2021

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Johnny Rahm sheds the label of best to never win a major
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

UCH21377 wrote: 3 years ago I am in a majors pool that pays pretty well so I'm checking this out for tips.
I hope you followed my advice about Morikawa in this post

"DJ, Koepka (if he's healthy that week), Morikawa (an absolute assassin), and Bryson all have to be considered favorites to win majors this year. Xander Schauffele has a little Tony Finau in him where you expect more because of how so often they're near the top and you have to wonder does that mean they're due to breakout or does that mean they can't close the deal.

I wasn't a fan of Koepka before, but with the way he's been going after Bryson I've suddenly appreciated him a lot more"

I couldn't be higher on Morikawa. He's only 24, has two majors, a WGC win, two other PGA wins, and the second longest streak of made cuts in PGA history behind some guy named Eldrick.

For comparison, Koepka and Rory have 4 each at 31 and 32 respectively, Speith has 3 at 27, DJ has 2 at 37, and Rahm and Bryson have 1 at 26 and 27 respectively. At 24 Speith had already gotten all of his 3 major wins, Tiger had two, Rory had 2, and the other guys listed hadn't won one yet. Hell DJ was 8 years away from his first major win at 24.

Also that point about Koepka and Bryson from four months ago couldn't have aged any better
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
UCH21377 wrote: 3 years ago I am in a majors pool that pays pretty well so I'm checking this out for tips.
I hope you followed my advice about Morikawa in this post

"DJ, Koepka (if he's healthy that week), Morikawa (an absolute assassin), and Bryson all have to be considered favorites to win majors this year. Xander Schauffele has a little Tony Finau in him where you expect more because of how so often they're near the top and you have to wonder does that mean they're due to breakout or does that mean they can't close the deal.

I wasn't a fan of Koepka before, but with the way he's been going after Bryson I've suddenly appreciated him a lot more"

I couldn't be higher on Morikawa. He's only 24, has two majors, a WGC win, two other PGA wins, and the second longest streak of made cuts in PGA history behind some guy named Eldrick.

For comparison, Koepka and Rory have 4 each at 31 and 32 respectively, Speith has 3 at 27, DJ has 2 at 37, and Rahm and Bryson have 1 at 26 and 27 respectively. At 24 Speith had already gotten all of his 3 major wins, Tiger had two, Rory had 2, and the other guys listed hadn't won one yet. Hell DJ was 8 years away from his first major win at 24.

Also that point about Koepka and Bryson from four months ago couldn't have aged any better
Wish I listened! Took Rahm, Oosthuisen, Speith, Harmon, and ended up third. Did make a little money though.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Morikawa won the PGA and British in his first attempt now has 2 majors won in only 8 majors played !!
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Dont know how many here follow golf, but its beginning to look like when Scottie Scheffler putts well, everyone else is playing for second.

He won again playing with a stiff neck.

He's winning without his best. Like Tiger did in his heyday.
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago Dont know how many here follow golf, but its beginning to look like when Scottie Scheffler putts well, everyone else is playing for second.

Scottie is so solid; he is a very special player.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago Dont know how many here follow golf, but its beginning to look like when Scottie Scheffler putts well, everyone else is playing for second.

Scottie is so solid; he is a very special player.
That’s crazy he’s in a zone right now ! He going to get another major real soon !
1 x