Local Microbreweries

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Re: Local Microbreweries

Unread post by spookydog »

UCH21377 wrote: 1 month ago Was at Appalachian Brewery in Hendersonville NC yesterday, which counts as local for me. Looks like they have a pretty good brewery scene in Asheville and Hendersonville which will definitely require exploration.
Asheville has a TON of great breweries.
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

spookydog wrote: 1 month ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago
spookydog wrote: 1 month ago Free sample of tower hill brewery at todays game until 4:00
What the heck...how would anyone have known that?
I had no idea either. My brother saw it on Instagram while we were walking in.

They are supposed to be opening later this month.
Someone I know works with the brewer...he was hoping for by Opening Day. Why this friend of mine did not tip me off to this, is something we're going to have to discuss 8-)
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

spookydog wrote: 1 month ago

What the heck...how would anyone have known that?
I had no idea either. My brother saw it on Instagram while we were walking in.

They are supposed to be opening later this month.
Someone I know works with the brewer...he was hoping for by Opening Day. Why this friend of mine did not tip me off to this, is something we're going to have to discuss 8-)
Grand Opening, Thursday, March 14!
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Yeah they had a booth selling SWAG set up next to Tyler Foley handing out the magnets Wednesday night pregame.

Target is 3/14 👍
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 month ago Yeah they had a booth selling SWAG set up next to Tyler Foley handing out the magnets Wednesday night pregame.

Target is 3/14 👍
Their website has it published, so now it has to happen. Also, as far as that swag goes...did anyone buy a koozie? It seems like every vendor there at the Ry, ever, is giving away koozies. Banks, realtors, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, ROTC, ANG...free koozies, all... My wife told me to stop bringing those things home. At Tower Hill table, I asked if I could grab one...no, they were for purchase. Do people "buy" those things? I can't imagine bringing home yet another koozie and telling the wife I paid for it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 month ago Yeah they had a booth selling SWAG set up next to Tyler Foley handing out the magnets Wednesday night pregame.

Target is 3/14 👍
Their website has it published, so now it has to happen. Also, as far as that swag goes...did anyone buy a koozie? It seems like every vendor there at the Ry, ever, is giving away koozies. Banks, realtors, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, ROTC, ANG...free koozies, all... My wife told me to stop bringing those things home. At Tower Hill table, I asked if I could grab one...no, they were for purchase. Do people "buy" those things? I can't imagine bringing home yet another koozie and telling the wife I paid for it.
Same with me. I went over to the table and thought wow some good stuff on that table, then I saw the prices.

I already overwhelmed with koozies, pens, keychains, etc
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I tried to go to the new Phantom Farms Brewery (Cumberland) on Saturday afternoon. The place was very crowded with all its seating taken. Decided to leave and come back in the future on a weekday after the initial opening buzz had died down. The space is great as it is in a old boiler house for the adjacent mill. All exposed brick with high ceilings and a mezzanine.

Last edited by RF1 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Wow, love how it looks! Really cool.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Target is 3/14 👍
Guess they had a successful soft opening so Thursday looks go for liftoff.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Attended the (public?) opening of Tower Hill Brewing tonite. It was fun, met some friends and Ivan the brewer - good dude. I had the She'll Have That, an NE IPA. Not the greatest name...but I have to say it did not taste as hazy as it looked, good IPA taste but low on the IBUs and still 7%. That's all I needed. My friends had the Blonde Snail and said those were good, too. Place will be the perfect stop off for folks having to leave the the beach early because of a snow thunderstorm, and have to go back to Cransington or wherever....just pull off on Rte 1 at this place and have a couple and still get a good jump on traffic...

No food at the place, but, bring your own, and there's also a bunch of places at SCC that would probably deliver for minimal. Job alert...someone with a golf cart should go over to THB and say....$100/night, I'll drive around this complex and fetch food..."
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago Attended the (public?) opening of Tower Hill Brewing tonite. It was fun, met some friends and Ivan the brewer - good dude. I had the She'll Have That, an NE IPA. Not the greatest name...but I have to say it did not taste as hazy as it looked, good IPA taste but low on the IBUs and still 7%. That's all I needed. My friends had the Blonde Snail and said those were good, too. Place will be the perfect stop off for folks having to leave the the beach early because of a snow thunderstorm, and have to go back to Cransington or wherever....just pull off on Rte 1 at this place and have a couple and still get a good jump on traffic...

No food at the place, but, bring your own, and there's also a bunch of places at SCC that would probably deliver for minimal. Job alert...someone with a golf cart should go over to THB and say....$100/night, I'll drive around this complex and fetch food..."
Thx for the report! Will get there soon!!
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

For those of you who have been to Tower Hill, anyone notice how loud it gets in there? Even when a quarter full it just seems so loud in there.
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Same with the new phantom farms in cumberland as far as noise factor. But liked the beers both there and at tower hill
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

spookydog wrote: 2 weeks ago For those of you who have been to Tower Hill, anyone notice how loud it gets in there? Even when a quarter full it just seems so loud in there.
They’re going to install acoustic tiles on the walls. It’s wicked loud agree reminds me of Ryan Center PA
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 weeks ago
spookydog wrote: 2 weeks ago For those of you who have been to Tower Hill, anyone notice how loud it gets in there? Even when a quarter full it just seems so loud in there.
They’re going to install acoustic tiles on the walls. It’s wicked loud agree reminds me of Ryan Center PA
Agree. I was there opening night and it was very (very) loud, then again, it was also packed. Place is like a giant echo chamber. Disappointed to hear it's so loud when not that full. Hopefully, the tiles help.
0 x