The Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel 2023-24

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: The Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel 2023-24

Unread post by theblueram »

Shouldn't we just get another player in the portal then? Hell, it's only $50k for tuition and board. Lot cheaper than NIL, No? No need for a schollie.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I think it’s pretty obvious with Green not suited up that he isn’t getting a waiver.

I’d also think that means we’ve been told, but it hasn’t been announced yet.

While it sucks short term for us - for all the complaining about “free agency” this helps curtail that. It prevents guys like House from leaving next year without taking a year to sit out.

I’d rather the NCAA just blanket deny all 2nd transfer requests just to make it easier.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Blue Man wrote: 5 months ago I think it’s pretty obvious with Green not suited up that he isn’t getting a waiver.

While it sucks short term for us - for all the complaining about “free agency” this helps curtail that. It prevents guys like House from leaving next year without taking a year to sit out.

I’d rather the NCAA just blanket deny all 2nd transfer requests just to make it easier.
I assumed he couldn’t play without the waiver. SLU had all their guys waiting for waivers held out during their exhibitions too. It’s assumed he can’t play unless the waiver comes through, which is why NCAA isn’t rushing and doesn’t care.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rhodysurf wrote: 5 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 5 months ago I think it’s pretty obvious with Green not suited up that he isn’t getting a waiver.

I assumed he couldn’t play without the waiver. SLU had all their guys waiting for waivers held out during their exhibitions too. It’s assumed he can’t play unless the waiver comes through, which is why NCAA isn’t rushing and doesn’t care.
Yes I believe he can't play because he is still ineligible and not cleared, even in exhibition games.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

The Zags lose one of the top players from the portal for the season.

0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I'm going to lock this thread for now, so that we don't keep posting in it accidentally.
1 x