Who is Archie Miller?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Who is Archie Miller?

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Tom Ryan?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago
BobfromMatunuck wrote: 1 month ago We all need to help Ryan by creating an environment where he can be successful. Of course the street works both ways, but supporting the collective, going to games, and telling a few of your friends what is going on in Kingston is just a start
Who is Ryan? If I told my friends what is going on in KIngston, it would not be pretty.
:lol: (I didn't know who he was either... I usually just call him Tom when we speak, 'Ryan' caught me off guard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Ryan is Archie?
No! Campos is Braga!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f28cf3aa-a ... d0ccb4b08c
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Actually Archie's real name is Ryan Joseph Miller.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Actually Archie's real name is Ryan Joseph Miller.
Who the F calls Archie Miller Ryan? I bet not even his wife does.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Actually Archie's real name is Ryan Joseph Miller.
Who the F calls Archie Miller Ryan? I bet not even his wife does.
Bob from Matunuck. :lol:
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

OK...so, RJ it is?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

wiki...Born and raised in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, Miller's given name is "Ryan," but he acquired the nickname "Archie" in his youth due to his personality resembling that of Archie Bunker, the grumpy TV character from All in the Family..........(this is so perfect)
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Love that show lol
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhodyg wrote: 1 month ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago For me

Must Keep:
- House
- Cam
- Fuchs
- Green

Won't be upset if they leave or stay:
- Luis
- Weston
- Zek
- Brown
- Connor

Must Go:
- Ways
- Rory
Must keep Weston
I’m pretty similar , my top 3 to keep are Cam Fuchs and DG and I might move Jaden down to the won’t be upset if they stay or go camp
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

BattleTested wrote: 1 month ago
SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago
Lol

He's in his first year playing college basketball and he averages 16.5 points 10.9 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per 40 minutes

That's 3rd on the team in pts ( more than Fuchs) and he's only averaging 1.3 less rebounds per game than Fuchs.

That's not a bad statline for a 6'11 rookie in the A-10 with three more seasons of eligibility.

So is he just never going to get better in 3 years?
I just think it's really hyperbolic to say that he's the kind of player we've been waiting decades for. He's got a good stat line for a redshirt freshman big man. I don't think he's a program changer.
He averaged 5.3 points & 3.8 rebounds per game.. Not sure where you saw or believed he averaged 16 ppg lol
Hahah…You realize if a freshman dropped 16 and 11 he’d likely be the A10 freshman of the year and an all conference player right?? You honestly think they thought Fou averaged this much when he barely saw the floor for most of the season? Cmon…

Also. let’s hear all the intel you have on the team this offseason. You claimed I made things up to feel important a few weeks ago and told me you knew about the NIL news months before I did. So what can you tell us about this offseason? You’re the one that has the coaching staff on speed dial right?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

reef wrote: 1 month ago
Rhodyg wrote: 1 month ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago For me

Must Keep:
- House
- Cam
- Fuchs
- Green

Won't be upset if they leave or stay:
- Luis
- Weston
- Zek
- Brown
- Connor

Must Go:
- Ways
- Rory
Must keep Weston
I’m pretty similar , my top 3 to keep are Cam Fuchs and DG and I might move Jaden down to the won’t be upset if they stay or go camp
Really? Jaden is probably an offensive star playing with a true point guard. His defensive effort improved during the season so I'd be bummed if left. Defense is not just hustle you actually have to learn and adapt good techniques to get really good at it. I do not think Foumena for example did not want to play defense at a high level. I observed he did not know how. Jaden got better as the season went on to being an average defender. He is likely to improve on both ends if he stays.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I'm open to the idea of replacing any current player with a better player.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That's a great idea 208!

Ha ha
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

House is a loser.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Obadiah wrote: 1 month ago House is a loser.
I don't know Obadiah, you may be a little too harsh on him.
His first year in the A10 and with all new teammates, I wouldn't rush to judgement.
He was an A10 Player of the Week and did have some key games for us.

I would like him to stay, but have no idea what will happen.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Lol

Good lord 🙄
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

He's a loser? That's a little much.. Can you expand on this a little bit? I don't think he's a loser. I think House is a scorer. He's also a much better defender than earlier in the year. In my opinion, House was elite on the fast break. He's at his best when he's attacking the defense in transition.

In every game, I would see Archie screaming at his guys to push the pace repeatedly. Unfortunately, our starting point guard was incredibly slow. Many times House was left with the ball in his hands with 5 seconds left on the shot clock, and we hoped he could make a play. Next year, he'll be playing next to a very fast, but most importantly, a very smart point guard. A point guard who, more often than not, makes the right decision. A point guard that puts his best players in better positions to score. If we have another offseason with House to work on his game, I think he could be a great starter for us next year. I think he could be a 3rd team all-conference player.I think he'll be more efficient and better on the defensive end. It's either that or we must find another new player and hope they learn Archie's system fast. We need our best players back. House and Green were our two best players, in my opinion.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Quite the statement OB. Not sure where that is coming from. House was the most aggressive guard we had. He took it into the paint quite a bit. Who should replace him?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yikes buddy.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

House, at times definitely dogged it, but with focus, he’s a very good scorer.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago House, at times definitely dogged it, but with focus, he’s a very good scorer.
Yeah there were times he let his emotions get the best out of him, but he had to carry the team a bunch of times and had a few stretches during the year where he was killin it.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'd like to see House here on a team with better players around him.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago I'd like to see House here on a team with better players around him.
House reminds sometimes of Terrell. But he needs a point guard and a 2 guard to him great.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago I'd like to see House here on a team with better players around him.
House reminds sometimes of Terrell. But he needs a point guard and a 2 guard to him great.
Not even the same stratosphere.
2 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago House, at times definitely dogged it, but with focus, he’s a very good scorer.
100%... I mean, all of us were miserable watching this team. Imagine being a good player, but you keep losing like we did? I'm not making excuses for him, but he was a very good player when he was locked in. I remember my PC friends thought he was incredible when we played them.

Even if Hammond isn't ready to contribute like we all hope he can next year, I still think having another offseason with our staff learning Archie's system will only help House be a better and more efficient player. I hope he and Green are saying to themselves that if Archie can land a couple of impactful players, this team could make a jump. Other A10 teams have done it. Why can't we?

If I had to bet on it, I think House and Luis both go pro. I hope I'm wrong.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
Yea, he can’t will some of this roster, with comparisons to the past greats to get us out of the bottom tier.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago
I don't know Obadiah, you may be a little too harsh on him.
His first year in the A10 and with all new teammates, I wouldn't rush to judgement.
He was an A10 Player of the Week and did have some key games for us.

I would like him to stay, but have no idea what will happen.
This is how I feel also , Will trust the staff and their decision
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago

Yea, he can’t will some of this roster, with comparisons to the past greats to get us out of the bottom tier.
Then dump him. It's decided.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

No way Archie dumps him. If he wants to come back, I would shocked if Archie didn't want him. He's a good A10 player, and every team in the country needs scoring. Is he an all-time great? No. All-time greats are very hard to find... Plenty of good Rhody players weren't all time greats.. Could he be a starter on a top-4 A10 team? I think so.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago

No way Archie dumps him. If he wants to come back, I would shocked if Archie didn't want him. He's a good A10 player, and every team in the country needs scoring. Is he an all-time great? No. All-time greats are very hard to find... Plenty of good Rhody players weren't all time greats.. Could he be a starter on a top-4 A10 team? I think so.
Don't tell me, tell 105 and 15.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

100%... I mean, all of us were miserable watching this team. Imagine being a good player, but you keep losing like we did? I'm not making excuses for him, but he was a very good player when he was locked in. I remember my PC friends thought he was incredible when we played them.

Even if Hammond isn't ready to contribute like we all hope he can next year, I still think having another offseason with our staff learning Archie's system will only help House be a better and more efficient player. I hope he and Green are saying to themselves that if Archie can land a couple of impactful players, this team could make a jump. Other A10 teams have done it. Why can't we?

Would they make more money playing in Europe next year or here next year? If it's close, maybe House stays. If not, he leaves. I wonder what kind of offers he'll get to play overseas? And that's the other thing. Even if we don't see some of their names in the portal doesn't mean they're going to stay, with the option of going pro.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago

Would they make more money playing in Europe next year or here next year? If it's close, maybe House stays. If not, he leaves. I wonder what kind of offers he'll get to play overseas? And that's the other thing. Even if we don't see some of their names in the portal doesn't mean they're going to stay, with the option of going pro.
I really don't know how much people make in Europe. I know a friend of mine who played professionally in various countries, and he always made between 300k-500k per season. I'm not sure how much House will make here, but my guess is he'd make more as a pro.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jared Terrell was an All A10 first team player and part of multiple A10 titles and NCAA wins. NBA player. Future URI HOFer.

Jaden House doesn’t even come close to him.
1 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago

I really don't know how much people make in Europe. I know a friend of mine who played professionally in various countries, and he always made between 300k-500k per season. I'm not sure how much House will make here, but my guess is he'd make more as a pro.
If I recall correctly, Big Mike Anderson made like $750k/yr for ten years playing in Europe. And that was back then.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m good with whatever happens , if Arch wants him back and Jaden wants to come back then run it back
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

You can't keep turning over your roster and expect to win. Always and Rory go, everyone else comes back. That's 4 new players next season.
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Jared Terrell was an All A10 first team player and part of multiple A10 titles and NCAA wins. NBA player. Future URI HOFer.

He's way more Fatts Russell than Jared Tarrell. Not even close.
3 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 month ago You can't keep turning over your roster and expect to win. Always and Rory go, everyone else comes back. That's 4 new players next season.
Rory and Foumena are official...

Are you expecting:
Always
Fou
Rory
Bilau

?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Section104 wrote: 1 month ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 1 month ago You can't keep turning over your roster and expect to win. Always and Rory go, everyone else comes back. That's 4 new players next season.
Rory and Foumena are official...

Are you expecting:
Always
Fou
Rory
Bilau

?
Four new players might actually be perfect, two freshman and two veteran transfers.
1 x
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

At this point, I am not going to get too worked up about who stays, who goes, and who is coming in, which includes our assistants and recruits.

It is now a waiting game to see how everything plays out.

By year 3 of Archie, we should see much improvement in our program, no excuses.
I am not expecting us to be contenders or post-season play, but we should be competitive and at least finish in the middle of the conference.

Also, I would like us to have the pieces in place to be able to make a serious run in year 4 or 5.

If not and another season in the cellar or PIG, that would be reason for major concern.
It isn't as if there hasn't been any major upgrades or investment in the program.
Archie has gotten the full support of Thorr, the university, and fans, he just needs to win.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

URI_05 wrote: 1 month ago

He's way more Fatts Russell than Jared Tarrell. Not even close.
I said early in the season that there was a lot of Fatts' game in Jaden House, good and bad. Honestly, that's why I'd put him in the won't be upset if they leave or stay camp and he's closer to the must go side than must keep. Way too many ballhog tendencies to run an efficient offense with him on the court unless he's on a heater and he's unlikely to change who he is at this point of his career.

Add in the attitude issues toward the end of the year and he was the most frustrating player on the roster for me. Add to that the next tournament team won't be until 2025-26 at the earliest and he won't be here for that no matter what and I'm all set
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

House didn't show any signs of being more efficient as the season went on, why will a second offseason change that?

He's a volume shooting ballhog. How often do players like that change?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago At this point, I am not going to get too worked up about who stays, who goes, and who is coming in, which includes our assistants and recruits.

I am not expecting us to be contenders or post-season play, but we should be competitive and at least finish in the middle of the conference.

Also, I would like us to have the pieces in place to be able to make a serious run in year 4 or 5.

If not and another season in the cellar or PIG, that would be reason for major concern.
It isn't as if there hasn't been any major upgrades or investment in the program.
Archie has gotten the full support of Thorr, the university, and fans, he just needs to win.
Jersey, I pretty much agree with everything in that post

We need to see better talent come on board for next season.

No matter NIL or player movement, results are a must

Not expecting the moon next season, but personally I expect no less than a 20 win season in year 4.

If not, than see ya. That's the staff and myself.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago At this point, I am not going to get too worked up about who stays, who goes, and who is coming in, which includes our assistants and recruits.

Jersey, good post. Your post mirrors my thoughts at the end of last season.

At the end of last season I was thinking (had expectations for) steady improvement, a finish inside the top 10 in conference and playing in some relevant games. Now, I am back to that (square 1 basically spinning my wheels again) with us potentially having to replace our top assistant coach and our only freshman recruits - neither of which were issues at the beginning of last off season.

Very frustrating but- despite the red flags - I will hang in there and hope we can turn things around dramatically sooner rather than later.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m not sure what to make of next year as I’m sure the amount of turnover will be huge

Hopefully we hit in the portal

I’m still going to watch all the games and hopefully the product will be much better
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

As many have stated here, Reef, this is a very big off season for Archie and improving the on the court product. Another season like what just passed would be a big struggle for me to maintain any interest - and that thought has never even crossed my mind before in all my years of being a fan.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

When Arch was hired...were you saying that in year 3 (of 5), you did not expect us to be contenders or post season play?
If you did, I'd guess you were in the minority....but I could be wrong.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago

When Arch was hired...were you saying that in year 3 (of 5), you did not expect us to be contenders or post season play?
I think initially, I was hoping that in year 3 we can contend and maybe post season play by 4 or 5.

Obviously, we are currently running behind, and my expectations are much lower now for 24-25.

I just didn't expect us to be as bad as we are right now, and I don't see a real quick fix.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago

I think initially, I was hoping that in year 3 we can contend and maybe post season play by 4 or 5.

Obviously, we are currently running behind, and my expectations are much lower now for 24-25.

I just didn't expect us to be as bad as we are right now, and I don't see a real quick fix.
I'm thinking the only acceptable kind of fix, from here, and after looking around at what the Joneses are doing, is "quick."
Clearly, some places are 'quick-fixing'...why can't that happen here?
0 x