Jeff Dowtin NBA Player

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Jeff Dowtin NBA Player

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 6 months ago
ramster wrote: 6 months ago Jeff got waived by Toronto

Between their refusal to give Dowtin a guaranteed contract, unwillingness to sign him to a proper NBA contract at the end of last season despite the fact he was getting rotation minutes, and general inability to reward him for his play, Dowtin would have every right to be a bit perturbed with how this went down.
Echoes of his URI career. Two great URI seasons, then disposed of by a new coach.
Absolutely right.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

This sucks. Hopefully his old coach now in Philly brings him in as a bench piece.

I would like to see Jeff get some time with the Sixers while he contemplates his next career steps.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 6 months ago This sucks. Hopefully his old coach now in Philly brings him in as a bench piece.

I would like to see Jeff get some time with the Sixers while he contemplates his next career steps.
If he gets time on the Sixers, why would he need to contemplate next career steps?????
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhodyram wrote: 6 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 6 months ago This sucks. Hopefully his old coach now in Philly brings him in as a bench piece.

If he gets time on the Sixers, why would he need to contemplate next career steps?????
Good question. I was thinking he may not see a future there with the Sixers beyond this season and may consider playing overseas if that is the case. So, I was thinking more long term (beyond this season).
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

G League season kicks off Friday night

Chase Field House should be fun as Delaware Blue Coats Jeff Dowtin PG teams up with David Duke SG against Westchester Knicks Jacob Toppin

WESTCHESTER KNICKS @
DELAWARE BLUE COATS

Chase Fieldhouse
November 10, 2023 @ 7:00 PM
Tubi, DETV28/WPSG, MSG
1 x
URI_IEP
Lamar Odom

Unread post by URI_IEP »

Anyone know if Jeff is injured or if he has a return date?
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

URI_IEP wrote: 3 months ago Anyone know if Jeff is injured or if he has a return date?
i thought i read that he had ankle surgery??
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Philly loses to Memphis in Philly 115-109

Jeff Dowtin played 24 minutes off the bench for Philly...........
4-7 FG, 2-4 3FG for 10 points
3 Rebounds
3 Steals - Tied Buddy Hield for game high with 3 steals (Hield played 31 minutes)
6 Assists - Team high
0 Turnovers
1 Block
+18 was the game high +/-............Cameron Payne, Philly's starting PG, was the game worst -18
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Remember when future NBA point guard Jeff Dowtin was moved off the ball for 2 years so that a shoot first inefficient selfish player could have his ego fed?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

(and so do I, I'm going to lay down and weep tears of unfathomable sadness now)
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago

3 Rebounds
3 Steals - Tied Buddy Hield for game high with 3 steals (Hield played 31 minutes)
6 Assists - Team high
0 Turnovers
1 Block
+18 was the game high +/-............Cameron Payne, Philly's starting PG, was the game worst -18
I know Embiid is out for them, but are any of their guards out? Just wondering if he got those kind of minutes because somebody is out. If he continues to play like that, it shouldn't matter anyway.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago

3 Rebounds
6 Assists - Team high
0 Turnovers
1 Block
I know Embiid is out for them, but are any of their guards out? Just wondering if he got those kind of minutes because somebody is out. If he continues to play like that, it shouldn't matter anyway.
Melton’s been out a lot, Lowry’s been working back to getting minutes, and Maxey has a concussion.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ace wrote: 1 month ago

3 Rebounds
6 Assists - Team high
0 Turnovers
1 Block
Melton’s been out a lot, Lowry’s been working back to getting minutes, and Maxey has a concussion.
Hi Ace! Thanks for the info. So, most likely, Jeff getting good minutes is a temporary thing. Did you watch the game? How did Jeff look?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Maxey being out opens room for Jeff getting minutes, the good thing is Nurse trusts JD from his Raps days so maybe he keeps finding minutes for him ?
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

3 Rebounds
6 Assists - Team high
0 Turnovers
1 Block
The young man is a baller. Wish the Celts had given him a shot.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The Grizz with all their injuries would have been a good spot

Jacob Gilyard started a bunch of games for them
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Hi Ace! Thanks for the info. So, most likely, Jeff getting good minutes is a temporary thing. Did you watch the game? How did Jeff look?
I was at the game- seats weren’t great and the game was even worse, but I got to cheer for Jeff again, so it was worth it. He looked solid and certainly better than some of the other guys they’ve run out there with all the injuries.
6 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I was at the game- seats weren’t great and the game was even worse, but I got to cheer for Jeff again, so it was worth it. He looked solid and certainly better than some of the other guys they’ve run out there with all the injuries.
I'd love to see him get a legit shot at being in a rotation somewhere, even if it's only 10-12 minutes a game. Seems like he's consistently been one of the best players in the G League.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I'd love to see him get a legit shot at being in a rotation somewhere, even if it's only 10-12 minutes a game. Seems like he's consistently been one of the best players in the G League.
He seems to be one of the many players who are too good for the G League, but not quite an NBA rotation piece.
1 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I agree, 78.

He doesn’t cost a huge amount of money and he is productive. Therefore, imho, he equals value coming off the bench for a team. Plus he is a mature, stable presence on the floor and in the locker room.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree , and sometimes it’s just getting that chance then running with it , be nice if he can get a regular contract not a 2 way
1 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

3 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

where can I get a Jeff Dowtin jersey? as a NYer, I hate all things Philly, but I will put that aside to support one of my favorite all time Rams.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 2 weeks ago where can I get a Jeff Dowtin jersey? as a NYer, I hate all things Philly, but I will put that aside to support one of my favorite all time Rams.
Probably can just customize one in their team store, doubt thee team has had them made.
0 x
Go Rhody
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

I look at this as a NIL opportunity
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, if there is a team option for '24-'25, the contract is really only for the last few months of this season?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 2 weeks ago where can I get a Jeff Dowtin jersey? as a NYer, I hate all things Philly, but I will put that aside to support one of my favorite all time Rams.
I would keep checking Fanatics. Unfortunately the NBA store runs through them, so you're kind of forced to go through them anyway. He isn't an option now on the custom jerseys, but was a couple of weeks ago
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

sbrand wrote: 2 weeks ago I look at this as a NIL opportunity
How so?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Urifan91 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Maybe Lowry will retire and open the door for JD to get consistent playing time
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Phiily beat Detroit Tuesdasy Night 120-102
Jeff Dowtin
21 minutes
8 points on 4-7 FG, 0-1 FT
6 Assists - Zero Turnovers
1 Steal
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

He took more free throws than the entire Celtics team last night. :)
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33