3/6 | George Mason | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 3/6 | George Mason | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by reef »

61-43

We are getting blown out !

Jaden has zero !
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Hey! At least we have reached 3 pages on this thread!
2 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Keep Cam, Fuchs, Weston, Green and Dubs. All set with the rest.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'm starting to think we might not be very good...
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

spar wrote: 1 month ago Keep Cam, Fuchs, Weston, Green and Dubs. All set with the rest.
Yeah I’m good with that also !
1 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago
Shinze88 wrote: 1 month ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago
Overhauling AGAIN is out of the question.
Why? The players who are here either aren't buying into what Archie is trying to do or they just flat out cant play, or a combination of both. Either way, there's no point in keeping any of these guys, maybe House since he has shown he can at least score. Green has really come down to earth after a nice start, so I guess keep him, but who else do you want to see back? This team has no identity, no leadership and no blue collar players, and it goes without saying we have no point guards on the roster which clearly you need to be good. At least the off season will soon be here which sadly is the best time to be a Rhody fan.
So none of this has to do with coaching issues and Archie isn't accountable?

The staff needs to up their game as well as the players.

So overhauling the roster every year is the answer and who is responsible for putting it together?
Oh no, I completely agree that Archie is 100% accountable for this slop, but he's not going anywhere for at least another 2 years so yes, the best option is to keep the freshman and hope to get a few undervalued ballers in the portal. There's no reason to think we'll be decent next year if the majority of the roster is not turned over.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

:cry: Rough game for EZ’s final outing.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

spar wrote: 1 month ago Keep Cam, Fuchs, Weston, Green and Dubs. All set with the rest.
Agreed. This would be a decent base to build on.
1 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

I’d add Fou to the list. I don’t think he has played much recently and we’ve looked awful. I have to say it, this is Embaronising howver you spell it…… I’m going to need to give to the NIL this week unfortunstely my funding will probably only help us retain Dubs so we are going to need boosters to step up.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I was complementing our offense earlier this week. Kiss of death. I Should have known better than to do that. Jinx city.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Why? The players who are here either aren't buying into what Archie is trying to do or they just flat out cant play, or a combination of both. Either way, there's no point in keeping any of these guys, maybe House since he has shown he can at least score. Green has really come down to earth after a nice start, so I guess keep him, but who else do you want to see back? This team has no identity, no leadership and no blue collar players, and it goes without saying we have no point guards on the roster which clearly you need to be good. At least the off season will soon be here which sadly is the best time to be a Rhody fan.

So overhauling the roster every year is the answer and who is responsible for putting it together?
Oh no, I completely agree that Archie is 100% accountable for this slop, but he's not going anywhere for at least another 2 years so yes, the best option is to keep the freshman and hope to get a few undervalued ballers in the portal. There's no reason to think we'll be decent next year if the majority of the roster is not turned over.
Usually the team will improve with an additional year under the staff and system.
If the staff totally lost this group, that is on the coaches.
Not sure a whole new roster will fix it.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhody Sody wrote: 1 month ago
I’d add Fou to the list. I don’t think he has played much recently and we’ve looked awful. I have to say it, this is Embaronising howver you spell it…… I’m going to need to give to the NIL this week unfortunstely my funding will probably only help us retain Dubs so we are going to need boosters to step up.
Yeah I don’t get Fou not playing , I’m done with Tyson Brown he gives us nothing so unathletic , I don’t see him as a rotation piece he’s a 9th or 10 th man @ best
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I wish this season would just die already.
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Game and home portion of the season both mercifully over. I am happy for all the season tickets holders that they will not be put through anymore suffering watching this garbage. I do not know how they got through this. It must have been brutal watching it in person.
Last edited by RF1 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Usually the team will improve with an additional year under the staff and system.
Personally, do not want to see us shopping in the portal for a new group of players our coaching staff is not very good at it.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Just when you think it couldn’t possibly get any worse…
1 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago Game and home portion of the season both mercifully over. I am happy for all the season tickets holders that they will not be put through anymore suffering watching this garbage. I do not know how they got through this.
How can you possibly be sick of Montgomery & House dribbling into traffic for easy turnovers? Or their lazy passes that get picked off? (I know it’s not just them, but I think both of them have potential and it’s incredibly frustrating to watch them play the way they do.)
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 month ago I was complementing our offense earlier this week. Kiss of death. I Should have known better than to do that. Jinx city.
Yeah I was gonna rip you for that but you’re a good peep…
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Talent level is a major issue. They didn’t have their best player and still had the best player on the floor - Maddox. And Kelly may have been the 2nd best player. Until that dynamic changes the results will remain the same.

In the A10 you need 2-3 dudes and a bunch of role players. I’m not sure we have any dudes.
6 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Rhody Sody wrote: 1 month ago
On the fence with Fou. I do see potential, but I'm not overly optimistic for some reason.

EmBARONsing indeed. Zero heart, zero fire, poor execution all over the place, too much whining all over the place, the list goes on. I'm not sure I've ever wanted a season to be over with this badly. Just want to turn the page and move on. Blows.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Listening to the post game. Archie is admitting there were players on the court who didn’t want to be there. Dubsky deserves credit.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 month ago Listening to the post game. Archie is admitting there were players on the court who didn’t want to be there. Dubsky deserves credit.
Get rid of those players.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Unsustainable what I saw tonight. Just awful. Really no reason for me to make a long rambling post. Team quit.

What a disappointment.

Gonna miss EZBuckets…
Last edited by hrstrat57 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

It won't

We need to keep the majority of them or at least half. Add in the freshmen, transfers, regroup, build their confidence back up, gel and go back at it.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Last word was “no culture” before it got back to Steve and Chris.

I do not blame Archie for this but I know and understand it falls back on him. You cannot “coach” and develop if the effort isn’t there on the other side.
3 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 month ago Listening to the post game. Archie is admitting there were players on the court who didn’t want to be there. Dubsky deserves credit.
Sickening...of both the players and the staff. What a train wreck all around.
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Can’t coach effort.
But you can recruit kids who have it. It’s not easy to discern especially in the speed dating format of Portalpalooza. But that’s why he’s paid the big bucks.
6 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago Can’t coach effort.
But you can recruit kids who have it. It’s not easy to discern especially in the speed dating format of Portalpalooza. But that’s why he’s paid the big bucks.
Agreed.

Perhaps the coaching staff needs to recognize mistakes in recruiting = CUT BAIT!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sad thing is we got worse as the season went on after starting 3-0 in conference! Not a good sign @ all !
2 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Air Ball

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Is there a stat for air balls? We have more ABs than baskets. This team is a DISGRACE, from the coaches on down. What a bunch of pouty, overrated, lazy and mentally challenged group of
representatives of my school. I have bled Keaney blue for just under 50 years and never have seen such a collective bunch of clowns.
3 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I happily missed this predictable disaster.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 month ago Last word was “no culture” before it got back to Steve and Chris.

I do not blame Archie for this but I know and understand it falls back on him. You cannot “coach” and develop if the effort isn’t there on the other side.
Yep I heard that too on the way home from the game, "no culture" and they cut away. He didn't mince words. Put it on himself too along with the players.

Brutal to watch. Season ticket holder in my section told me he knows at least two others that are giving up their seats after this season, basically "what am I getting in return" type of thing. It's become not worth for even seasoned fans.

Nice job EZ/JV - sorry your last one was such a stinker. And by last one I mean the whole season. Appreciate your dedication and efforts!

Not much else to say. Better luck next year, I guess.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 month ago Last word was “no culture” before it got back to Steve and Chris.

Agree. But it's also on Arch and staff to bring the best out of these guys, keep them together and engaged, keep them caring. I'd like to think the staff wouldn't have recruited and brought guys on if they had any concerns about their buy-in and consistent level of effort/engagement throughout the season. They lost them as this season has progressed. Ugh. What a mess.

I have trouble envisioning a nice turnaround next season without some serious movement with this roster. Certainly not the position I imagine any of us want to be in, but seems necessary to me at this point.
2 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

The quickest time that I got to 138 ever.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 month ago Mrs hrstrat57 just got a Whaler’s for $5. The hot dog was actually cooked! Talked to Tyler Foley whilst picking up magnet.

No Yorke! Great night so far!

Go Rhody!

(And wifi is working!!)
Catching up... It was a great night on the concession scene. I got a Muse for $5, plus a hot dog for $2. Later, I was in line for another $5 Muse and 2 URI students in front of me had coupons for free hot dogs and asked if I would like them. So, $12 for two decent beers and 3 hot dogs, fantastic. If hot dogs were really a food, that would have been perfect, but it was still pretty good.
4 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Anyone thinking we need to keep the majority of our players shouldn’t complain next year when this last place team has another bad or mediocre year at best. You aren’t going to the NCAA tourney with House and Montgomery. They have a losing feel about them. Maybe 5 guys that are all young and start from scratch
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 month ago 22-14 Pats 755

We are giving up too many easy baskets again open 3s or drives , ugh
packline perfection? Guard everything but 3's and layups?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 month ago ZZZZzzz

most of these players have to go

I listed my 8 I’d keep

The rest - see ya -

They suck
I think that might be too many....
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 month ago Season ticket holder in my section told me he knows at least two others that are giving up their seats after this season, basically "what am I getting in return" type of thing. It's become not worth for even seasoned fans.
I would think there will be an unusually large drop off in season ticket renewals. These people have endured three years of brutal performances and losing seasons. This year provided little hope for the future to keep people invested in the program. With the state of the URI program and all the recent changes in college basketball, many of these customers will be lost forever.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

spookydog wrote: 1 month ago There is not enough alcohol in the Ryan Center to make this team palatable. :(
well, there probably is...and at $5 a pop, the equation does get closer....they should just roll with that for every game for all of next year
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 month ago
reef wrote: 1 month ago 45-32. Pats U 12

I’m glad Dubs is getting some run , I be good with him returning, always room for a shooter

If only Archie listened to me months ago

DUBS made my final 8 and people mocked me

Hahahaha

These other losers need to go

and that includes guys who started most of this year

Bye bye bye
yeah...dubs, if he stays or not, don't see him as a difference-maker on a good team
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 month ago
reef wrote: 1 month ago 45-32. Pats U 12

I’m glad Dubs is getting some run , I be good with him returning, always room for a shooter

If only Archie listened to me months ago

DUBS made my final 8 and people mocked me

Hahahaha

These other losers need to go

and that includes guys who started most of this year

Bye bye bye
yeah...dubs, if he stays or not, don't see him as a difference-maker on a good team
I agree, he shows hustle and I have nothing against him, but there is no way he would receive significant minutes on a decent team. No way. He's not athletic at this level.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 month ago

From that presser, it sounds like Archie isn’t too keen on keeping more than perhaps 4-5 from this group, to me. We will find out for sure soon enough.

He sounded pretty frustrated. KB members aren’t the only ones really frustrated with this group.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago
RI_Bred wrote: 1 month ago Season ticket holder in my section told me he knows at least two others that are giving up their seats after this season, basically "what am I getting in return" type of thing. It's become not worth for even seasoned fans.
I would think there will be an unusually large drop off in season ticket renewals. These people have endured three years of brutal performances and losing seasons. This year provided little hope for the future to keep people invested in the program. With the state of the URI program and all the recent changes in college basketball, many of these customers will be lost forever.
ya think??!! I have 4, there will be at least a 50%, if not 100% drop off there. I'll probably still go to almost all of the games, but there is really no incentive whatsoever to get season tickets anymore. Sad.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 month ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 month ago

From that presser, it sounds like Archie isn’t too keen on keeping more than perhaps 4-5 from this group, to me. We will find out for sure soon enough.

He sounded pretty frustrated. KB members aren’t the only ones really frustrated with this group.
Yeah I’m fine with that keep Fuchs DG Cam BW and Dubs then hope we do a better job identifying players from the portal to go along with Hammond and Farrell

Jaden Zek Luis and Tyson I really don’t want back
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago
Yes, I see that happening for some for sure, we will be there next season.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

For everyone who cannot stand so-called "coach speak," be thankful you have Archie Miller not blowing smoke up anyone's rear. end He sees exactly what everyone else sees. He's 100% truthful to the fans. He's not sugarcoating it. His honesty and straightforwardness is refreshing and spot on, which is unfortunate because the assessment for all who love URI hoops is not in a good place.

There are players that have quit, quit on their teammates, quit on their coaches, quit on the fans. Some players may be talented, they and their coaches may say the right things in the recruiting process, they work hard in the offseason...but ultimately, nobody (NOBODY!) knows how much they want it, how much of a team player they are, how they respond to tough coaching, to adversity, to an opponent who is just as good, just as talented but fiercer competitor until it hits them square in the face. Many, but not all, URI players clearly lack the mental fortitude to overcome, make their teammates better, hold themselves accountable before holding others accountable. The players are not as good as they think they are. Coaches can scream, yell, come up with every motivational ploy in the books...but you absolutely cannot make somebody care just like you cannot make somebody love somebody else.

Archie and his staff did not forget how to coach basketball. This is Archie's program. He knows that. He knows what he's hired to do. He knows this is not what he envisioned...and I can only imagine how many sleepless nights he has had. He also knows he has four years to get this straightened out or he will be shown the door. He knows how the coaching business works. Nobody feels worse than he does. He got into coaching for probably the same reasons most coaches do: loves the game, loves working with young men, and loves the competition (and the winning). Right now, he's miserable because he's got nothing to show for any of that.

With that said, he has my 100% support. He said, "we'll be good when we're good." And I say, "I'll support him until I don't support him."
15 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

How about the guy they announced tonight, 63 year season ticket holder, damn!
6 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Archie’s right. I know he recruited them but it’s still the player’s responsibility to play hard. Let’s hope the same recruiting mistakes aren’t made this off season. Also, no one should give up in year 2. This ain’t Kentucky.
1 x
GO RAMS