Book The Godfather Speaks Memoirs by Bob Terino

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Book The Godfather Speaks Memoirs by Bob Terino

Unread post by section(105) »

Picked this up, free, at the RC last nite, outside Alumni Room. Flipping thru it, seems to be a modern look back of URI hoops over the recent decades. Should be quick read and some interesting behind the scenes stuff. Rhody fans, I think would be interested. At a recent home game, the author was handing some out along the score table.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: Book The Godfather Speaks Memoirs by Bob Terino

Unread post by Jersey77 »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Picked this up, free, at the RC last nite, outside Alumni Room. Flipping thru it, seems to be a modern look back of URI hoops over the recent decades. Should be quick read and some interesting behind the scenes stuff. Rhody fans, I think would be interested. At a recent home game, the author was handing some out along the score table.
Thanks for posting, I like Bob.

Several years ago, my wife and I hung out with him by the bar at the Matunuck Oyster Bar before dinner.
We had a great time trading stories, he is a very enjoyable guy.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

About 1/2 way thru it(slow reader and multi tasking) very interesting stuff. For much of the times described, I was out of state and viewing the program from a distance. Should’ve a must read for URI fans, especially the relatively new ones. I do not know if the book can be purchased.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The book is not for sale. Bob encourages anyone who would like a copy to drop him an email at robertterino@outlook.com.
He may bring some to the game on Wednesday but if not he will make arrangements to get one to you.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Another note from Bob- he’ll be at the game on Wednesday if you’d like a book he will be by the Rhody bench after the game.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

The GodFather will be behind the Rhody bench after the game if anyone wants a copy. I would suggest you get a copy if you can. Should be a great read.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I emailed him and this was his response:

"Are you going to the game? I will be giving them out at the end of the game. Or you can pick one up next week at another location which I will let you know where and when."

So apparently he'll be having another give away somewhere else next week TBD.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I am always amazed(naive)at the capability of inside influencers to shake and move an athletic program.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938