A10 2024 WBB Tournament March Begins Wed March 6

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
ramster
Frank Keaney

A10 2024 WBB Tournament March Begins Wed March 6

Unread post by ramster »

URI 6-Seed will play Thursday
IMG_2512.jpeg
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: A10 2024 WBB Tournament March Begins Wed March 6

Unread post by PeteRI »

We save our season if we win the tournament. Otherwise an extremely disappointing season. Tammi has her work cut out for her this off-season. We're losing both our starting guards, maybe Toure and Magassa, and our 3 freshmen have been underwhelming, to put it politely.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

PeteRI wrote: 1 month ago We save our season if we win the tournament. Otherwise an extremely disappointing season. Tammi has her work cut out for her this off-season. We're losing both our starting guards, maybe Toure and Magassa, and our 3 freshmen have been underwhelming, to put it politely.
Not looking good for us Pete and next season could be a challenge.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago
PeteRI wrote: 1 month ago We save our season if we win the tournament. Otherwise an extremely disappointing season. Tammi has her work cut out for her this off-season. We're losing both our starting guards, maybe Toure and Magassa, and our 3 freshmen have been underwhelming, to put it politely.
Not looking good for us Pete and next season could be a challenge.
I'm not sure about the freshman. They didn't get much of a chance to show what they could do. Adding the 2 grad transfers hurt their development, IMO.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Wanted to pass along PJ’s Pub, Boon St Narragansett is having a watch party for the game!

Here is the information (copied from their Fbook page).

For all you die-hard Rhody fans out there...We will be airing the URI Women's basketball game on multiple tv's as they compete in the second round of the Atlantic 10 tournament on ESPN PLUS this Thursday 3/7 at 7:30pm. We hope you see you here wearing your Keaney blue! Please share with your friends!

0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ATLANTIC 10 TOURNAMENT
(at Henrico, Va.)
First Round
Massachusetts 54, La Salle 49
Dayton 66, St. Bonaventure 52

Thursday’s Second Round
Loyola Chicago 53, Fordham 52
Duquesne 81, Massachusetts 57
Saint Louis 75, George Washington 68
Rhode Island 70, Dayton 57

Friday’s Quarterfinals
1. Richmond (26-5, 16-2) vs. 8. Loyola Chicago (15-15), 11 a.m. (ESPN+)
4. George Mason (23-6, 14-4) vs. 5. Duquesne (19-11), 1:30 p.m. (ESPN+)
2. VCU (26-4, 15-3) vs. 7. Saint Louis (16-17), 5 p.m. (ESPN+)
3. Saint Joseph’s (26-4, 15-3) vs. 6. Rhode Island (19-13), 7:30 p.m. (ESPN+)

Saturday’s Semifinals
1/8 vs. 4/5, 11 a.m. (CBSSN)
2/7 vs. 3/6, 1:30 p.m. (CBSSN)

Sunday’s Championship
Semifinal winners, 4 p.m. (ESPN2)
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

We lost to 3-seed St Joseph’s by 3 at home, then lost by 5 at St Joe’s 2 weeks ago

A win Tonight at 7:30pm ESPN+ will be great.
Team is healthy for the Tournament
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Today’s WBB A10 NET
IMG_2563.jpeg
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Good move by Tammi to move Debroise to starting PG 7 games ago and Tammi moved Dee Dee Davis to the wing.
Davis had a combined 20 rebounds in the last 2 games we won, both against Dayton. Davis is also scoring her best all year and shooting better since moving to SG from PG.
Tammi said Dee Dee loves to score and rebound.

Good move also to have Hyman come in off the bench with lower minutes. Takes some pressure off Hyman.

Hope we can pull off this win tonight!!
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago Good move by Tammi to move Debroise to starting PG 7 games ago and Tammi moved Dee Dee Davis to the wing.
Davis had a combined 20 rebounds in the last 2 games we won, both against Dayton. Davis is also scoring her best all year and shooting better since moving to SG from PG.

Good move also to have Hyman come in off the bench with lower minutes. Takes some pressure off Hyman.

I guess. We went 2-5 to close out the season, and while that was partially because of injuries, I don't think we played particularly well either. Going forward, I think we can be competitive in all of these upcoming games, but they all seem like 50-50 games to me. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to St. Joe's, or if we won the whole tournament, and any result between those two poles.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago
ramster wrote: 1 month ago Good move by Tammi to move Debroise to starting PG 7 games ago and Tammi moved Dee Dee Davis to the wing.

I guess. We went 2-5 to close out the season, and while that was partially because of injuries, I don't think we played particularly well either. Going forward, I think we can be competitive in all of these upcoming games, but they all seem like 50-50 games to me. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to St. Joe's, or if we won the whole tournament, and any result between those two poles.
Definitely a lot has gone not as some thought this season
A couple WBB infrequest WBB posters called it pretty well before the season started what the challenges would be.

The moves Tammi made these last few weeks give me hope, without those moves I don’t think we win last night. In fact we were down by 1 at the half.

A win tonight gives this group a big boost of confidence just when they need it.

It will be a tough game, we are not favored for sure.

All healthy finally plus Davis moved out at PG and Hyman moved to bench is big imho.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago

A couple WBB infrequest WBB posters called it pretty well before the season started what the challenges would be.

The moves Tammi made these last few weeks give me hope, without those moves I don’t think we win last night. In fact we were down by 1 at the half.

A win tonight gives this group a big boost of confidence just when they need it.

All healthy finally plus Davis moved out at PG and Hyman moved to bench is big imho.
I agree that was a good move. Dee Dee and Teisha are both shoot first, pass second guards. They don't compliment each other well on the court. Ines is a pass first, run the offense, set up her teammates guard. You've seen Dee Dee's production go way up since the change, even with Teisha back from her injury.Ines doesn't have to score a single point if Maye, Sophie, Dee Dee and Teisha are scoring.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago
ramster wrote: 1 month ago

I agree that was a good move. Dee Dee and Teisha are both shoot first, pass second guards. They don't compliment each other well on the court. Ines is a pass first, run the offense, set up her teammates guard. You've seen Dee Dee's production go way up since the change, even with Teisha back from her injury.Ines doesn't have to score a single point if Maye, Sophie, Dee Dee and Teisha are scoring.
Yep
And it has taken the pressure away from Dee Dee to run the team as the PG. It’s like Dee Dee has been freed to drive, shoot and rebound. Her rebounding has been great.

Hyman has less pressure coming off the bench which seems to be helping.

These changes have given me some optimism, of which I had not much of before.

Still would like to see DeChent out there but I’ll just continue to hope.

Prior to these changes Billyboy, I’d have very little hope to win the Championship. If we win tonight look out.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

IMG_2572.jpeg

7-seed St Louis upset 2-seed VCU

URI will play St Louis if they beat St Joseph’s
1 x