2/28 | VCU | 6:30PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: 2/28 | VCU | 6:30PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago
I guess "what went wrong" with media relationships could be interesting to some, but I'm more interested in "what went wrong" as far as the winning goes
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago Its still way too early to be making any comparisons to Cox or Jerry D, or to be counting out Archie just yet. If we have two more years of this then have at it, but we're not there yet.
2 more years of this?
Finishing last in the a-10 for 2 more f-n years?
And everyone wants Fordham out?

You’ll have more players, staff and cheerleaders than fans.

Seriously, there will be like 100 people there.

Don’t forget, we played JWU this year, and the rest of the home schedule sucked ass as well.

So major league ticket prices for this team to get blown out every night by Wagner?

For two more years?

Count me out.
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 month ago
adam914 wrote: 1 month ago Its still way too early to be making any comparisons to Cox or Jerry D, or to be counting out Archie just yet. If we have two more years of this then have at it, but we're not there yet.
2 more years of this?

Don’t forget, we played JWU this year, and the rest of the home schedule sucked ass as well.

So major league ticket prices for this team to get blown out every night by Wagner?

For two more years?

Count me out.
People would have to be nuts to buy season tickets to this next year. If you actually want to go you can call up 3,500 of your closest friends and buy them at the walk up windows. They are going to try and shove the PC home game down everyone’s throat. We will get blasted by them anyway.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RamStock wrote: 1 month ago
2 more years of this?

For two more years?

Count me out.
People would have to be nuts to buy season tickets to this next year. If you actually want to go you can call up 3,500 of your closest friends and buy them at the walk up windows. They are going to try and shove the PC home game down everyone’s throat. We will get blasted by them anyway.
3,500 walkups? They'd need to start on that 3,500 now, or some folks are gonna miss the tipoff
2 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

For one of the first times ever, I turned it off. I just couldn’t take it any more. I’m not sure I’ve ever been this discouraged in the program. Hopefully something will change.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Figures the game I don’t watch dubsky plays

He is in my top 8 to keep

Sounds like he can’t guard tho LOL

AHHHH WE SUCK
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

CaptainRon wrote: 1 month ago For one of the first times ever, I turned it off. I just couldn’t take it any more. I’m not sure I’ve ever been this discouraged in the program. Hopefully something will change.
Glad I never turned it on and made the right choice in going out tonight

which is sad since I love watching us play but I can’t take this anymore
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago
I guess "what went wrong" with media relationships could be interesting to some, but I'm more interested in "what went wrong" as far as the winning goes
Surprised it took this long for Vault to get a dig like this in about Arch
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

The suck factor is strong this year. Maybe these Indiana and Louisville coaches forgot what the A10 brings??? Cause they recruited chumps at this point.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

reef wrote: 1 month ago 69-50 we are showing some fight finally
Cut it to 19. Yipee!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago Dubsky dribbling and tripping over himself 😂😂😂

Yet he’s playing over Cam? Why?
saving cam for brooklyn?
Shhhhhhhhh......no, but don't tell anybody. We're saving Josaphat for Brooklyn. That's when we will dominate. :shock:
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

2 more years of this?

For two more years?

Count me out.
Did you think I was advocating for two more years of this? Of course two more years of this would be a complete disaster. The first two years of it have been a disaster. All I'm saying is it's too early to be making Jerry D comparisons and calling for firing Archie. If things are still like this after two more years then it's all fair game.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago
2 more years of this?

For two more years?

Count me out.
Did you think I was advocating for two more years of this? Of course two more years of this would be a complete disaster. The first two years of it have been a disaster. All I'm saying is it's too early to be making Jerry D comparisons and calling for firing Archie. If things are still like this after two more years then it's all fair game.
If he brings back a core group of players, adds transfer pieces and we are sitting at 11-17 I'm out in year 3.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

2 more years of this?

For two more years?

Count me out.
I don’t know. I knew this team had no chance to win when I turned it on and it took about 5 minutes to confirm it. That is a Jerry D level of play. None of our players would start for VCU. Few would see any minutes. The program is in really bad shape right now. It is really hard to see any silver lining. Maybe next year? I wouldn’t bet on it
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago

2 more years of this?

For two more years?

Count me out.
If he brings back a core group of players, adds transfer pieces and we are sitting at 11-17 I'm out in year 3.
That would definitely be a continuation of the disaster that we can't afford. :)
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

UCH21377 wrote: 1 month ago

2 more years of this?

For two more years?

Count me out.
I don’t know. I knew this team had no chance to win when I turned it on and it took about 5 minutes to confirm it. That is a Jerry D level of play. None of our players would start for VCU. Few would see any minutes. The program is in really bad shape right now. It is really hard to see any silver lining. Maybe next year? I wouldn’t bet on it
I get it. I wouldn't bet on it either, not right now. I knew this team had no chance tonight before the game even started. I think my post is being taken as a prediction or like I'm somehow saying 2 more years of this is fine. I don't know if Archie is going to turn it around or not, pretty hard to feel confident about it at the moment. But we gotta at least give him time and see what happens. We didn't hire a guy like Archie to just get rid of him after 2 years.
0 x
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Rhody Vault is so annoying.

Who f'n cares if Archie isn't friendly? Good God. Shit does not matter.
This is so wrong man. This is not 1990 or the 2000's any more or have you not heard of the transfer portal. How you treat people today matters, period end of story. I manage people, I have people I report to, it matters. It is so naïve to think it does not. And it is not the fact that he is not friendly, is that he is not very likeable or personable, and that matters. And it is not just the media he is like this with, he also is not great with boosters and he is not very good with the players. Why do you think there is such a lack of effort out there? There is a total disconnect between the team and the coach and the same stuff happened last year, to a lesser extent but it happened. This is a terrible situation and I know the Archie fans hate Vault but he speaks alot of truth in that tweet.

And guess what, as much as I like Thorr, he is going down with this ship if it does not improve. There is no way he can survive this hire if it continues like this. If I was him, I would be looking for an exit strategy. It pains me to say that as he is the opposite of Archie in all of the interactions that I have had with him. Of course, he is going to be publicly supportive of Archie, he is tied at the hip to him.

Even Belichick could no longer survive in this environment with his aloofness as soon as he stopped winning, and he was a great coach. Archie is far from a great coach, he just happened to luck into having one of the best point guards to ever come through Dayton the last four of his six years there. When he graduated, Archie bolted for Indiana and he has not done jack since. Check out Archie's record with and without Scoochie Smith, it might be eye opening to some of you who think he is some kind of basketball savant.
3 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Wait , this isn't all on the coach . It seems to be that Archie bears responsibility for the type of players he brought to URI . After that it is on every
player that cannot even motivate themselves to play hard on defense . It is a complete lack of effort on most of the players . i give the freshman a pass
because they have to learn and understand that that they have to commit to play to total exhaustion at this level . Many of the more experienced players
know it , but apparently they do not have enough pride in themselves to push themselves to play harder and get better on defense which is all about
effort and concentration and the will to win and to hate losing . Player who don't have the desire to work harder to get better have to go if the coach
can expect for the team to improve , and their replacements must have that fire in them and at least come with basic skills . Proper defensive technique
passing skills and at least a history of very good free throw shooting are a must , as well as a proper level of value for possession of the ball .
That means have court awareness of the opposing players on both offense and defense . Know where you are going to pass the ball before you pass
and don't try pass through traffic . And I can't believe how many times players have stepped out of bounds while not being closely guarded . why is
that a thing nowadays ? URI is not the only team guilty of this . In the end the simplest solution is to find players who are fundamentally sound
when they arrive . Trying to teach players at this level is a losing proposition . Thankfully ,I think the new incoming freshmen appear to fit that mold .
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

4Diffs wrote: 1 month ago
Rhody Vault is so annoying.

Who f'n cares if Archie isn't friendly? Good God. Shit does not matter.
This is so wrong man. This is not 1990 or the 2000's any more or have you not heard of the transfer portal. How you treat people today matters, period end of story. I manage people, I have people I report to, it matters. It is so naïve to think it does not. And it is not the fact that he is not friendly, is that he is not very likeable or personable, and that matters. And it is not just the media he is like this with, he also is not great with boosters and he is not very good with the players. Why do you think there is such a lack of effort out there? There is a total disconnect between the team and the coach and the same stuff happened last year, to a lesser extent but it happened. This is a terrible situation and I know the Archie fans hate Vault but he speaks alot of truth in that tweet.

And guess what, as much as I like Thorr, he is going down with this ship if it does not improve. There is no way he can survive this hire if it continues like this. If I was him, I would be looking for an exit strategy. It pains me to say that as he is the opposite of Archie in all of the interactions that I have had with him. Of course, he is going to be publicly supportive of Archie, he is tied at the hip to him.

Even Belichick could no longer survive in this environment with his aloofness as soon as he stopped winning, and he was a great coach. Archie is far from a great coach, he just happened to luck into having one of the best point guards to ever come through Dayton the last four of his six years there. When he graduated, Archie bolted for Indiana and he has not done jack since. Check out Archie's record with and without Scoochie Smith, it might be eye opening to some of you who think he is some kind of basketball savant.
Archie went 26-11 with an Elite 8 appearance when Schooie was a bench piece, averaging 3.6 points that year. His breakout came in his sophomore year. While Archie deserves criticism, attributing his success to a single player is a bit far-fetched. Indiana's 2018-2019 season was a disappointment, but it wasn't a complete failure. They faced tough competition in a stacked Big10, experienced significant injuries, and narrowly missed the NCAA tournament, ending as a 1 seed in the NIT.

The next season, he went 20-12. He smoked Northwestern in the first round of the Big10 tournament and had a huge game against Penn State before Covid cancelled everything. A team he beat when they were ranked 9th in the country a few weeks earlier. Indiana was predicted to be a 10 seed in the field before that Penn State game. So he was a 1 seed in the NIT and NCCA tournament teams in back-to-back years. Is that good enough at Indiana? Nope. But people talk about Archie's time in Indiana like he was horrible and got destroyed in the Big10 every year.

All you have to do is watch Archie talk basketball once, and you can see he has a beautiful basketball mind. Some of the designed plays we have had this year are a thing of beauty. Like I don't remember a coach that gets us so many open looks. But we suck so many times we can't execute it. However, I agree with others that Archie's personality might not be the best fit in the transfer portal age. The lack of effort from our guys is disheartening, and the frequency with which they give up is frustrating. Judging by how visibly unhappy our players seem, we may lose a lot of guys.. This offseason is incredibly important. Can he keep our core pieces and land a few immediate impact transfers? IF he can keep Fuchs, Cam, Green, Weston, House and land some good A10 starters we could make a jump. But I have to see it to believe it.
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago Some fun things to look for in the second half...

1.) Can we keep them under 100 points?
2.) Can we top more than 40 points?

Stay tuned to find out!
This may be the best post of the season!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m baffled by what’s going on here , next season is absolutely 100 % important that we show some kind of improvement even .500 to give us some hope
2 x
Matt Keebler
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Matt Keebler »

:evil:
reef wrote: 1 month ago
He’s an a#%hole and a troll. He blocked me
because i was commenting every time he crapped on Archie/Rhody
Attachments
IMG_1252.jpeg
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

reef wrote: 1 month ago Yeah I’m baffled by what’s going on here , next season is absolutely 100 % important that we show some kind of improvement even .500 to give us some hope
How? For me, it is keep the first/second year players, bring in the two main recruits, add from portal. Put them in a blender, spin it around, dump it out to teach .500 next year. Sometimes I see the core group to keep, it looks a lot what we have now. Doubt they all can make the necessary job to a much higher level. Loyola bottom to top is more a one off that be be expected.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I really don’t think Archie acts like a “big shot” btw. He has expectations and the players aren’t meeting them. That’s clear by the constant rotation mix ups.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago I really don’t think Archie acts like a “big shot” btw. He has expectations and the players aren’t meeting them. That’s clear by the constant rotation mix ups.
When he big times people at events, ignores them, etc etc, that's kind of acting like a big shot and thinking you're above connecting with fans and alumni.
0 x
Go Rhody
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Matt Keebler wrote: 1 month ago :evil:
reef wrote: 1 month ago

He’s an a#%hole and a troll. He blocked me
because i was commenting every time he crapped on Archie/Rhody
Do you want him to praise Archie? It has been a complete train wreck since he arrived and he has not won the respect and buy in of the players, media or fans. Thorr is the only I guess that is happy with him.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Less than two weeks now left for this seasons. The end is near! :D
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago Less than two weeks now left for this seasons. The end is near! :D
Typically, these next last games would be considered one of our easier 3-game stretches.
But now it seems every game is a struggle, so we will see.
SlU will be our most winnable game especially if Sincere Parker is still out for them.

Anyway, most of the fans have already put this season in the rearview mirror.

We are more curious to see what will happen this off-season.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

butthurt or not, I don't think he's too far off base here.
2 x
:lol:
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

woof....that game again. Too many blow outs. While I certainly wasn't expected to jump to the NCAAs or even NIT in season 2 or did I have the expectations as many did, I was expecting us to be more competitive this year. I didn't really have much of an expectation as for actual record, but anything around .500 woud have been acceptable to me in year 2 of a rebuilding. I did expect us to be more competitive, and I wasn't so focused on the # of wins, but the quality/competitiveness of wins and losses. Having several double digit blowouts is not what I have in mind. My expectations when AM was hired was NIT by year 3 and NCAA by year 4. I'm having trouble seeing it now, unless none of our key guys leave AND Hammond is the real deal.
4 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steviep123 wrote: 1 month ago woof....that game again. Too many blow outs. While I certainly wasn't expected to jump to the NCAAs or even NIT in season 2 or did I have the expectations as many did, I was expecting us to be more competitive this year. I didn't really have much of an expectation as for actual record, but anything around .500 woud have been acceptable to me in year 2 of a rebuilding. I did expect us to be more competitive, and I wasn't so focused on the # of wins, but the quality/competitiveness of wins and losses. Having several double digit blowouts is not what I have in mind. My expectations when AM was hired was NIT by year 3 and NCAA by year 4. I'm having trouble seeing it now, unless none of our key guys leave AND Hammond is the real deal.
For the most part, those were my thoughts also.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago Less than two weeks now left for this seasons. The end is near! :D
The season has been over for some time, 2 weeks from now is just the date we mercifully put it down.

Archie may have a good basketball mind, but I now question his leadership and coaching ability. Might as well add talent evaluation and recruiting. Maybe the incoming freshman will be a revelation before they transfer to Kentucky, MD or UConn.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

RIFan wrote: 1 month ago
The season has been over for some time, 2 weeks from now is just the date we mercifully put it down.

Archie may have a good basketball mind, but I now question his leadership and coaching ability. Might as well add talent evaluation and recruiting. Maybe the incoming freshman will be a revelation before they transfer to Kentucky, MD or UConn.
Spot on Rifan
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago
steviep123 wrote: 1 month ago woof....that game again. Too many blow outs. While I certainly wasn't expected to jump to the NCAAs or even NIT in season 2 or did I have the expectations as many did, I was expecting us to be more competitive this year. I didn't really have much of an expectation as for actual record, but anything around .500 woud have been acceptable to me in year 2 of a rebuilding. I did expect us to be more competitive, and I wasn't so focused on the # of wins, but the quality/competitiveness of wins and losses. Having several double digit blowouts is not what I have in mind. My expectations when AM was hired was NIT by year 3 and NCAA by year 4. I'm having trouble seeing it now, unless none of our key guys leave AND Hammond is the real deal.

especially given our cupcake OOC schedule..

my goodness

i remain a strong Archie supporter - but I really cannot justify my stance other than faith he will turn us into a CONSISTENT top tier a10 program

i better go light more candles tho..
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If some here will be happy with a .500 record next season, I'm not one of them.

At that rate it will be 6-7 years before we are good lol.

I doubt Thorr is happy about the current situation no matter what he says.

I'm not blaming Thorr for the hire. Everybody was happy when he hired Archie. Including me.

We were aiming for the stars lol.

Instead we've blown up on the launching pad.
Last edited by rambone 78 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 month ago

my goodness

i remain a strong Archie supporter - but I really cannot justify my stance other than faith he will turn us into a CONSISTENT top tier a10 program

what's the over/under on a #cutarchiebait post?
2 x
:lol:
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 month ago

my goodness

I seem to remember a time when there were billboards in Richmond calling for Mooney to be fired. Seems he weathered that storm okay and Richmond is back at the top of the pack.

I think we need a bit more patience here.
5 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Archie is not going to be fired anytime soon. That however does not mean he is beyond people questioning his approach. I think it safe to say there is not a single person associated with URI that is happy where we are at the end of Miller's second season. The current process is not working and things need to quickly change. Archie is going to have to adapt in order to succeed here.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I think most people are thinking next year is when we need to see major improvements. But many are having difficulty seeing how that will happen with the lack of improvement so far. Or even worse, with another offseason with potential to see wholesale changes…yet again. He does not get another “this is the real year one” next year.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago Archie is not going to be fired anytime soon. That however does not mean he is beyond people questioning his approach. I think it safe to say there is not a single person associated with URI that is happy where we are at the end of Miller's second season. The current process is not working and things need to quickly change. Archie is going to have to adapt in order to succeed here.
How specifically besides the won loss record? What does he have to adapt?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RIFan wrote: 1 month ago I think most people are thinking next year is when we need to see major improvements. But many are having difficulty seeing how that will happen with the lack of improvement so far. Or even worse, with another offseason with potential to see wholesale changes…yet again. He does not get another “this is the real year one” next year.
Remember when Archie said “we will be good when we are good” and people went crazy with joy over that statement along with his blue sports coat.
I cringed with that statement, never liked it from the minute it left his mouth.

So the only timetables are the opinions of posters here, media, fans.

I recall 1, maybe 2, who often said he got a pass for year 1.

Some media went to URI practices and raved about the talent and how no way URI would end up where the prognosticators said. Chris Disano and Rhody Vault and some who saw the team here said this team would surprise people and the preseason polls were way off and worthless.

And these preseason predictions here and early statements by local media and fans did not include David Green playing and in the starting line up.

URI was predicted by average of the 10 preseason polls to finish 15 of 15.
IMG_1430.png
0 x
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

The players we have are a result of the recruiting efforts. Archie doesn’t fill the funnel with players; that’s his assistants’ jobs. Novel thought here but how about a change in assistants and bring in a new lead recruiter. Maybe we can fill the funnel with players who have a little more ability, speed and athleticism - but just as important or maybe more - a character defined by a desire to win and give a 100 plus percent to the goal of winning - as a team. A couple of those players might actually pop out of the bottom of the funnel and choose URI. Pipe dream, but I’m a dreamer I guess
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

cRAM4finals wrote: 1 month ago The players we have are a result of the recruiting efforts. Archie doesn’t fill the funnel with players; that’s his assistants’ jobs. Novel thought here but how about a change in assistants and bring in a new lead recruiter. Maybe we can fill the funnel with players who have a little more ability, speed and athleticism - but just as important or maybe more - a character defined by a desire to win and give a 100 plus percent to the goal of winning - as a team. A couple of those players might actually pop out of the bottom of the funnel and choose URI. Pipe dream, but I’m a dreamer I guess
LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 month ago
KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 month ago

my goodness

I seem to remember a time when there were billboards in Richmond calling for Mooney to be fired. Seems he weathered that storm okay and Richmond is back at the top of the pack.

I think we need a bit more patience here.
I think a good test is how are we doing in comparison to our A-10 competitors that had rebuild challenges.

Hard not to grade it as a F.

Whatever the reasons for the failures, why do you think things will change ?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

cRAM4finals wrote: 1 month ago The players we have are a result of the recruiting efforts. Archie doesn’t fill the funnel with players; that’s his assistants’ jobs. Novel thought here but how about a change in assistants and bring in a new lead recruiter. Maybe we can fill the funnel with players who have a little more ability, speed and athleticism - but just as important or maybe more - a character defined by a desire to win and give a 100 plus percent to the goal of winning - as a team. A couple of those players might actually pop out of the bottom of the funnel and choose URI. Pipe dream, but I’m a dreamer I guess
Good point.
Year 1 Archie chose and hired his coaching/recruiting staff
Year 1 Archie developed his coaching/recruiting staff
Year 2 Archie chose to keep his Year 1 coaching/recruiting staff
Year 2 Archie developed his Year 2 coaching/recruiting staff

We will know Archie’s Year 3 decisions in the near future

Still I want to see what transpires vs St Louis, George Mason and @ Fordham. I’ll be at all 3 of those games and most importantly how we do in Brooklyn 2024. Next year A10 Tourney is in DC.

Right now, as I’ve stated fwiw I’d keep Fuchs and Estevez. Add in the 2 incoming freshman and 9 spots to fill from among current players, remaining freshmen available, JC and Portapalooza.

Archie’s biggest selling point is immediate playing time to go with 2 freshmen, both of whom got A10 Rookie of the Week this season. Fuchs has a very realistic shot at A10 All Rookie Team. Not bad for a Freshman Big.
1 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

What a wasted year for Dubsky. Probably should’ve redshirted him.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 1 month ago What a wasted year for Dubsky. Probably should’ve redshirted him.
Yeah. Even with his size, quickness, and strength limitations, I would have thought Archie would have given him more playing time and come up with some sets within the 1/2 court offense to get him some shots. The year will end with him not getting a fair shake to show what he could do.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Maybe recruiting should include mandatory viewing of the PackLine YouTube videos I posted last month. Hey recruit are you willing to put in the work to do this and only this? Often at the expense of your development? This is what we do here. We don’t do that (or that or that) We focus on packline first above all else including offense.

Are you in Mr Recruit?

It’s clear to me that some of our current crew isn’t towing the “line”

(Do not assume hrstrat57 is a fan of the PackLine)

Agree with Ramster how this team finishes the season is critical.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 month ago Maybe recruiting should include mandatory viewing of the PackLine YouTube videos I posted last month. Hey recruit are you willing to put in the work to do this and only this? Often at the expense of your development? This is what we do here. We don’t do that (or that or that) We focus on packline first above all else including offense.

Are you in Mr Recruit?

Isn't it on the recruit to understand the type of offense and defense the coach runs? Do they just go into it blind without research?
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago If some here will be happy with a .500 record next season, I'm not one of them.

At that rate it will be 6-7 years before we are good lol.

I doubt Thorr is happy about the current situation no matter what he says.

I'm not blaming Thorr for the hire. Everybody was happy when he hired Archie. Including me.

We were aiming for the stars lol.

Instead we've blown up on the launching pad.
Obviously Thorr isn't currently thrilled, regardless of how he comes across.
The fans are miserable, and attendance is lacking.

But like him and many of us, we still have faith in Archie, he has to.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 month ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 1 month ago Maybe recruiting should include mandatory viewing of the PackLine YouTube videos I posted last month. Hey recruit are you willing to put in the work to do this and only this? Often at the expense of your development? This is what we do here. We don’t do that (or that or that) We focus on packline first above all else including offense.

Are you in Mr Recruit?

Isn't it on the recruit to understand the type of offense and defense the coach runs? Do they just go into it blind without research?
Probably
0 x