Concerts

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Re: Concerts

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago I've got tickets for my annual Dave Matthews Band show at Great Woods (Fuck you Tweeter/Comcast/Xfinity, it's Great Woods), but so far nothing else. Hoping to add some more shows soon. Normally I'd already have my Kenny Chesney at Gillette tickets, but he's skipping the football stadiums this year. Rumors are Pearl Jam will be doing some kind of tour and they always put on a great show. Badfish and a Dave Matthews cover band played an afternoon show at Indian Ranch last year that was a lot of fun, but nothing announced yet. So far a pretty underwhelming tour selection this summer, I had assumed everyone would be around this year
what did the dmb tickets run you, if you don't mind me asking?

PJ, you a 10c member?
0 x
:lol:
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

For two tickets and red lot parking it came out to $406.95 after fees and shipping through the Warehouse, which is craziness. I don't have my exact seat location yet, should find out by the end of the month, but I know I'll be somewhere in 4, 8, or the upper half of 5-7.

Not in 10c yet, I let my account lapse during Covid, will join back up in the next week or so.

How about you?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 year ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago I've got tickets for my annual Dave Matthews Band show at Great Woods (Fuck you Tweeter/Comcast/Xfinity, it's Great Woods), but so far nothing else. Hoping to add some more shows soon. Normally I'd already have my Kenny Chesney at Gillette tickets, but he's skipping the football stadiums this year. Rumors are Pearl Jam will be doing some kind of tour and they always put on a great show. Badfish and a Dave Matthews cover band played an afternoon show at Indian Ranch last year that was a lot of fun, but nothing announced yet. So far a pretty underwhelming tour selection this summer, I had assumed everyone would be around this year

PJ, you a 10c member?
10C member here...but don't think they will be doing a US run this summer
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago For two tickets and red lot parking it came out to $406.95 after fees and shipping through the Warehouse, which is craziness. I don't have my exact seat location yet, should find out by the end of the month, but I know I'll be somewhere in 4, 8, or the upper half of 5-7.

Not in 10c yet, I let my account lapse during Covid, will join back up in the next week or so.

How about you?
yikes.

yes, 10c member. i dread to see what a ticket will be for their next show whenever that may be. if it's anything like other current prices for shows these days, i'll probably pass. I just can't justify it anymore. i'm 20 something shows deep at this point.

10c hasn't really 'done' much for me lately. I just renewed in the fall. i'm not a big merch guy and definitely not a poster guy. I'm in it just for the ticket access. Access of course doesn't mean better prices.

'PJ problems'
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

PJ, you a 10c member?
Yeah, I've heard conflicting things about Pearl Jam. I heard a rumor they were pricing options on buses for September, then I heard they're already deep into recording their next CD so they may not be ready to tour. I'll probably get the 10c membership just so I'm not shut out on the off chance they do come around
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

PJ, you a 10c member?
i don't think so either. i've heard no rumblings of things.

maybe the fall? arena tour.

big stadium shows are, meh.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago For two tickets and red lot parking it came out to $406.95 after fees and shipping through the Warehouse, which is craziness. I don't have my exact seat location yet, should find out by the end of the month, but I know I'll be somewhere in 4, 8, or the upper half of 5-7.

How about you?
yikes.

yes, 10c member. i dread to see what a ticket will be for their next show whenever that may be. if it's anything like other current prices for shows these days, i'll probably pass. I just can't justify it anymore. i'm 20 something shows deep at this point.

10c hasn't really 'done' much for me lately. I just renewed in the fall. i'm not a big merch guy and definitely not a poster guy. I'm in it just for the ticket access. Access of course doesn't mean better prices.

'PJ problems'
Yeah, I'm getting to the point where it's really hard to justify it, especially because I am a poster guy and try to get one for every show I go to. With Dave Matthews Band I'm just not sure how much more touring they have left. Carter is already up to 64, and there's rumors that Dave won't play Crash Into Me and other songs because they're too hard on his hands to play. I wouldn't be surprised if they move to more of a Pearl Jam style of touring soon, so I'm kind of getting my fix in now, and after 20 shows I'm getting to that point.

Pearl Jam I've only been to 3 shows, so I'd be a little more willing to splurge, especially since they come around so infrequently
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

10c member since the 90s and I still don't get great ticket options -- also hurts me that I go for tickets in the most popular PJ markets (NYC, Philly, Boston). I'm prob about 80+ shows deep with them. My first show was April 8, 1994 at George Mason's arena in Fairfax. Earlier that day Kurt Cobain shot himself. That's a night I'll never forget.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Just snagged tickets to Peter Gabriel. My wife always wanted to see him. So did I. Like Phil Collins, probably his last tour. Hopefully it's a good one like the last Genesis tour I saw.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Just got tix to see this dude at the Courthouse (see @ 1:50):

yes, that courthouse...I know, right?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

PJ, you a 10c member?
St. Paul, MN, Chicago, Noblesville, IN, Fort Worth, and Austin between 8/31 and 9/19
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago 10c member since the 90s and I still don't get great ticket options -- also hurts me that I go for tickets in the most popular PJ markets (NYC, Philly, Boston). I'm prob about 80+ shows deep with them. My first show was April 8, 1994 at George Mason's arena in Fairfax. Earlier that day Kurt Cobain shot himself. That's a night I'll never forget.
I can't imaging what that atmosphere must have been like
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

PJ, you a 10c member?
St. Paul, MN, Chicago, Noblesville, IN, Fort Worth, and Austin between 8/31 and 9/19
I think I am going to try for MN &/or Chicago.

BAR - I applaud the number of PJ shows you have gone to. I am somewhere in the 30s. My first show was 10/2/96 in the 5th row. You must have a solid 10C number. Mine is 130XXX
Did you go to the MSG show in September?
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

spookydog wrote: 1 year ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

I think I am going to try for MN &/or Chicago.

BAR - I applaud the number of PJ shows you have gone to. I am somewhere in the 30s. My first show was 10/2/96 in the 5th row. You must have a solid 10C number. Mine is 130XXX
Did you go to the MSG show in September?
I'll probably sit all of these out, unfortunately. too much $ for travel and time out of work.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

how'd you guys make out on that 10c debacle ?
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 year ago how'd you guys make out on that 10c debacle ?
What happened? I've been in 10c for years but didn't bother paying much attention after this run was announced and nothing was in the northeast.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Rhodyram wrote: 1 year ago
KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 year ago how'd you guys make out on that 10c debacle ?
What happened? I've been in 10c for years but didn't bother paying much attention after this run was announced and nothing was in the northeast.
appeared to be a taylor swift -esque 10c ticketing issue. sending 10c members confirmations of tickets and then rescinding them the next day and then redoing the process.

some folks got confirmations of tickets one day and then were denied tickets for the same show they were told they had tickets to the day before.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

What a mess. And I thought the new DMB fan club presale was messy
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

For those looking for a good fill of awesome guitarwork tonight....early show:

https://www.visitrhodeisland.com/event/ ... ton/93723/

ETA: Cancelled...wtf....
0 x
limkangyoung
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by limkangyoung »

A legend has passed away. Tina Turner has passed away at the age of 83
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So now I'm debating to see The Cure or not. I saw them at SDSU in '85 and in Atlanta in '88 or '89.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Got tickets for Pearl Jam in St Paul, MN for 8/31

(didn't go through the 10C cause I wasn't entirely sure if I was able to go.)
3 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Snagged great seats for The Cure. Dinner with the daughters and concert with the wife. Now that is a Father's Day delight!!!!!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The first time I saw The Cure was almost 40 years ago. LOL. It's been a long strange trip.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Show was amazing. Played so many good songs. They didn't play one of my favorites though. But it was great.

0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Anyone have extras to the Death Cab for Cutie show at the Ryan Center in September?
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

JASON ALDEAN - see you soon !

what a great venue for a concert

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 9 months ago JASON ALDEAN - see you soon !

what a great venue for a concert

Nice!

Try that in a small town
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The Fixx cancelled their show tonight in East Greenwich. Seems the keyboard player broke his hand. Been waiting on this show for months.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Pearl Jam is coming back to Fenway in September. And will be at MSG 2 weeks before that. Can I also sneak in a trip to Philly to see them between that as well? Hmmmm...
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Whiskey Myers coming to the Ry this summer. Never heard of them, but BlackBerry Smoke is on the bill and they are awesome (if you like the southern rock thing)
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

spookydog wrote: 2 months ago Pearl Jam is coming back to Fenway in September. And will be at MSG 2 weeks before that. Can I also sneak in a trip to Philly to see them between that as well? Hmmmm...
I unfortunately couldn't rationalize paying $175 to get into Fenway and have no idea if my seats would be behind a pole or something, so I'm missing them this summer
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago Whiskey Myers coming to the Ry this summer. Never heard of them, but BlackBerry Smoke is on the bill and they are awesome (if you like the southern rock thing)
I might have to check that out
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago
spookydog wrote: 2 months ago Pearl Jam is coming back to Fenway in September. And will be at MSG 2 weeks before that. Can I also sneak in a trip to Philly to see them between that as well? Hmmmm...
I unfortunately couldn't rationalize paying $175 to get into Fenway and have no idea if my seats would be behind a pole or something, so I'm missing them this summer
I get it. Thankfully I am on the field for both nights. I have TurfB2 for Sunday & TurfB3 for Tuesday.
Got shutout for MSG.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

spookydog wrote: 1 week ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago
I get it. Thankfully I am on the field for both nights. I have TurfB2 for Sunday & TurfB3 for Tuesday.
Got shutout for MSG.
got both Fenway nights, behind poles for each. certainly won't be spending much time at the seats.
0 x