Who is Archie Miller?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: Who is Archie Miller?

Unread post by Jersey77 »

UCH21377 wrote: 2 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Speaking of Archie, the staff and recruiting, shouldn't we be hearing about '25 recruits? Have we had any '25 recruits at a game this year? Archie and Kenny have both been back for 2 years now. The connections should be re-established. Why aren't we hearing a single thing about any '25 recruits?
I think they keep things very quiet
They have about 15 offers out to '25 recruits which includes several 4*'s.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

CUT BAIT AND KEEP EIGHT
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Speaking of Archie, the staff and recruiting, shouldn't we be hearing about '25 recruits? Have we had any '25 recruits at a game this year? Archie and Kenny have both been back for 2 years now. The connections should be re-established. Why aren't we hearing a single thing about any '25 recruits?
Yes, but no word of any of them coming to games or doing visits. Here's the list. Hurley's recruits came to lots of games. I specifically remember seeing Jarvis Garrett several times.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/rhode-island
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago

Yes, but no word of any of them coming to games or doing visits. Here's the list. Hurley's recruits came to lots of games. I specifically remember seeing Jarvis Garrett several times.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/rhode-island
Yeah, Archie plays it closer to the belt.
But until there is some serious mutual interest, I don't really pay that much attention.
Things will pick-up and be much busier over this summer.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Stealth Train 🚂

:)
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago

Indiana players?

He hasn’t been there in 3 years.
Mike Woodson doing a hell of a job at IU...if he wants to get fired. (They were down by 20 at half against Nebraska in Bloomington the other night.)
Was a puzzling hire for sure, but has made the last two tournaments including one win.

Not up to Indiana standards by any means, but already more success than Archie had there.
He took Archie's recruits...2 years with Trayce Jackson-Davis who's now in the NBA. First year, 9-11 in the Big Ten, finished the 9th. Lost by 29 to St. Mary's in the NCAA tournament. Last year, 12-8 This year now 6-10...after losses to national power Nebraska and Penn St. Remember, IU would've gone to the tournament in the COVID year.

Things not trending well for Mike Woodson.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 months ago
rhodyrudder wrote: 2 months ago

Penders had the name Runnin' Rams on all the warmups...he wanted to make you dizzy with the number of points...not quite Loyola Marymount, but the kids bought into that big time!

Al was tough, not going to let any team out work us.

Both very successful in terms of both transferring their personalities to their teams, and especially in the won-loss record.
Skinner's personality was "tough?" I don't quite remember Al being described like that.
You didn't tell us what Penders' personality was?
You ever met Skinner? Most unapproachable coach I've ever met.
I'll answer that for you. First, yes I've met Al Skinner and actually played pickup against Al. I had no problems approaching him.

And two, I also met Bob Knight. Your statement that Al Skinner is the "most unapproachable coach I've ever met" means you haven't met a lot of coaches.
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago Archie seems to be inscrutable. I sure as hell can't figure out his team.
Red, I haven’t heard the word inscrutable in years. I had to go look it up because I forgot what it meant. lol!
Penders teams: cocky
Al's good teams: workman like
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 months ago I would argue that every URI team I've seen to some extent has taken on the personality of the coach. From the negativity of Baron to the intensity of Hurley.
So, what personality traits is Archie passing on to this team?
Iggy,
What personality traits do you think Archie is passing on to this team? (Your question to start this thread?)
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

There's no reason URI shouldn't be consistently competitive in the A10. If Miller can't connect with the players, student body, ticket holders, loyal fans, VIPs, etc., etc. - he is not the guy. Maybe URI's philosophy should be one of a permanent stepping stone school. Bring in younger coaching talent on the way up, keep us competitive in the A10, and get us to the dance more consistently. Like every five years or less.

It's so frustrating. If Miller is a relic in this "new age" of D1 hoops, and can't or won't adjust, I for one don't see it working out. Next year is critical and I'm not feeling good about it already.

Also, when does Bjorn start to hold some culpability? Cox, and now if Miller isn't working out...gonna be a loooong offseason...
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago There's no reason URI shouldn't be consistently competitive in the A10. If Miller can't connect with the players, student body, ticket holders, loyal fans, VIPs, etc., etc. - he is not the guy. Maybe URI's philosophy should be one of a permanent stepping stone school. Bring in younger coaching talent on the way up, keep us competitive in the A10, and get us to the dance more consistently. Like every five years or less.

It's so frustrating. If Miller is a relic in this "new age" of D1 hoops, and can't or won't adjust, I for one don't see it working out. Next year is critical and I'm not feeling good about it already.

Also, when does Bjorn start to hold some culpability? Cox, and now if Miller isn't working out...gonna be a loooong offseason...
Yeah I’m starting to have questions now for sure , next year is definitely CRITICAL!
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I mean most often if you have a good coach, he or she can take not-so-great players and coach them to get better over the course of a season. Hard work ethic, defensive intensity, define rolls, no quit, etc. This is like the opposite, which is concerning to me.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago Archie seems to be inscrutable. I sure as hell can't figure out his team.
Red, I haven’t heard the word inscrutable in years. I had to go look it up because I forgot what it meant. lol!
My geometry teacher in high school used inscrutable. A lot. 🤣
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Remember how excited we were?

2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Remember how excited we were?

I was sky high, 78. So sky high and confident that it motivated me to join the board after lurking for many years.

I was riding that wave. Now, I am trying to get my bearings after wiping out riding that same wave.

I will paddle back out and give it another shot next season, God willing.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Remember how excited we were?

I was sky high, 78. So sky high and confident that it motivated me to join the board after lurking for many years.

I was riding that wave. Now, I am trying to get my bearings after wiping out riding that same wave.

I will paddle back out and give it another shot next season, God willing.
Yeah I really hate that Archie is not finding early success here , I hope things get turned around soon
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

My oh my, how far off all of his marks we are at this point. Regarding his own statements of program identity, style of play, etc etc, even in year two the progress for me would have to be an F. Ouch. I am measuring that based on his statements of “ we will be…….”
Last edited by section(105) 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago There's no reason URI shouldn't be consistently competitive in the A10. If Miller can't connect with the players, student body, ticket holders, loyal fans, VIPs, etc., etc. - he is not the guy. Maybe URI's philosophy should be one of a permanent stepping stone school. Bring in younger coaching talent on the way up, keep us competitive in the A10, and get us to the dance more consistently. Like every five years or less.

I can’t fault Thorr. Archie was an absolute home run hire on paper. Archie is a proven A10 coach who’s hungry to prove he’s still the coach he was at Dayton. It was an incredible hire and as frustrating as it is now it’s way too early to pull the plug on Archie. We gotta give him more time. Trust me I’m frustrated but it’s still early. We can turn this around.
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago My oh my, how far off all of his marks we are at this point. Regarding his own statements of program identity, style of play, etc etc, even in year two the progress for me would have to be an F. Ouch. I am measuring that based on his statements of “ we will be…….”
105, I think Archie would give himself the same grade if he watched that back with you. He has a lot of work to do still. I think he is up to the task but I just don’t know how long it will take. If he needs to adapt in some ways and how fast he can do so, if he determines he needs to.
1 x
Coach_NDuke
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Coach_NDuke »

Rhodyg wrote: 2 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago

I honestly think you nailed it. I don't think he's really running any traditional halfcourt "system." I feel like we see some masterful playcalling out of timeouts and inbounding scenarios. Just nothing in the halfcourt.

From what I remember of those Dayton teams it was transition offense. That's the killer and why we look so inept in the half court is because that's not how Archie wants to play. From his presser I remember Arch saying he wanted to score before the defense even sets up. That sure as shit isn't what we've seen this year.

The packline is meant to disrupt passing lanes and turn the ball over, which immediately feeds into transition basketball. We lack the footspeed, ball handling, and/or IQ to execute on that so we wind up in a half court offense we're not prepared to execute on.

If Archie failed at IU, it's because he had to recruit bigs to stand up to B1G play, and couldn't run the floor as a part of that system.

I think that's why Fuchs jogging sometimes is more noticeable, and why Luis pulling up with the ball is such a killer for us.

If Hammond is that guy, next year will get a lot better as the year goes on. If not, I will probably collapse in on myself like a dying star.
Yeah its crazy how even though Ways won't even try to score, our offense will often move so much better with him just because he pushes the ball. Luis takes his damn time that's for sure....

Need Hammond to be that dude, see if Ways can get much better, Fuchs needs to lose weight or something to get that motor up, keep Fou, develope Fou, start Fou, Brown needs to transfer, get a Bilau replacement that has similar size and skill that's not made of glass.

In: Hammond, Farrell and transfer big 6'10 plus
Out : Brown, Rory and Bilau (unless Bilau can magically be healthy, but no way you can rely on that)

Bring back everyone else.

Either way, defense has to get better, need a true PG and need a good big man.
Wow you’re quite optimistic. I understand you posted this a day ago and last nights may have swayed your prediction, but this team will be losing 6 players easily… Legitimate players. Ones who will have an impact at better programs. I hope I am wrong. I can only imagine all the shit talk behind the scenes about each other and the staff. Zero culture anymore. We are a “basketball school” yet there is legitimate backing from probably 20-25 students. Ahhh, they will show up when we are good you are probably thinking in your head right now. Well recruits are enticed by atmosphere, so. Hammond and Farrell better be game changers. Otherwise the damage might just become too severe to overcome in this new college basketball. TLDR; Archie Miller cannot sell to the modern college student and we are not a basketball school- we are a nothing school for the time being. Miller needs to show up to the student union, shoot the shit with random students around campus, sit down at the table with kids, build the culture back that this university once - and that starts with the students. Tweets aren’t gonna work
Rhodyg - I am thinking 7 hit the portal.
0 x

Cheers
Coach N Duke
Coach_NDuke
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Coach_NDuke »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago There are several things working against URI's recruiting better players.

The name Archie Miller simply doesn't carry the same cache that Dan Hurley does.

Better transfers such as P5's aren't likely to want to go to a losing program, they want to win right away not just get more playing time.

NIL money. The competition is fierce among mid majors trying to bring in better talent. Does our collective have the funds to compete for them?

Bringing in transfers from the America East's of the world isnt going to get it done as Archie is painfully finding out.

Too slow, poor BB IQ, bad FT shooting that's what we're getting with most of our transfers to date.

To succeed here he has to somehow bring in more than just freshmen that can play a lick.

More major turnover is needed there's too much dead weight.
Rambone: I think most of the Transfer Portal guys were Coach Kenny recruits. I don't think Archie can pull any players in.
0 x

Cheers
Coach N Duke
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Maybe Ben Hammond can?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Not sure who he is right now.

I am hoping he becomes the coach he was at Dayton, with those results.

So far plenty of question marks.

This season I was hoping for steady improvement and for us to be competitive.
Currently can't say that I am seeing either, so yes somewhat disappointing.

With 4 games left, I want this team to show some heart and try and build a little confidence.

We all know things can turn around fast, and I am still very far from giving up on this staff.
This off-season will be huge in terms of how much optimism we will have in this program going into 24-25.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I’m expecting some assistance coaching changes this season. Need better recruiters. Archie’s the chef, but the groceries the staff has collected are just not good enough.
1 x
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago I’m expecting some assistance coaching changes this season. Need better recruiters. Archie’s the chef, but the groceries the staff has collected are just not good enough.
Really, Austin brought in Fuchs and both Woodward and KJ are very highly thought of.
Not sure they are the issue, they have been following Archie's policy in approaching the portal.
Hammond and Farrell seem to be pretty solid recruits.
3 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

This off season will be interesting. In his first off season you expect some turnover.

But what will happen this off season. Will guys choose to leave? Will he tell guys that minutes wont really be available for them next year, almost forcing them out?

I would think we would have had an easy go last year at bringing in transfers with the momentum of a new coach. Last year you could sell the vision, and having guys in place to carry out that vision. Can you still do that now, now that the staff has had a full year with their players in place?
Then again, maybe the staff didn't have a solid handle on who they were going to pursue, and might have a better focus this season?

At the end of the day, I would say it is fair to say the talent isn't necessarily here. Do our guys have potential to grow and improve to be talented enough to win at this level, or will we bringing in a few impact transfers (or freshman). And will those guys have enough talent to win at this level?
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Yea the freshman - Cam, Fuch, Foumena especially will develop. We’ve been very critical of the freshman this season, maybe more than ever. The transfers that are supposed to help pick up the slack are not getting it done.
Last edited by Rhodymob05 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Bos8 wrote: 2 months ago This off season will be interesting. In his first off season you expect some turnover.

But what will happen this off season. Will guys choose to leave? Will he tell guys that minutes wont really be available for them next year, almost forcing them out?

I would think we would have had an easy go last year at bringing in transfers with the momentum of a new coach. Last year you could sell the vision, and having guys in place to carry out that vision. Can you still do that now, now that the staff has had a full year with their players in place?
Then again, maybe the staff didn't have a solid handle on who they were going to pursue, and might have a better focus this season?

At the end of the day, I would say it is fair to say the talent isn't necessarily here. Do our guys have potential to grow and improve to be talented enough to win at this level, or will we bringing in a few impact transfers (or freshman). And will those guys have enough talent to win at this level?
Lots of good questions
I guess we will get a handle on things fairly soon.

I think this off-season will be huge because by year 3 you would expect a nice jump and at the least see some significant progress in the program moving ahead.
2 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Bos8 wrote: 2 months ago This off season will be interesting. In his first off season you expect some turnover.

Lots of good questions

I think this off-season will be huge because by year 3 you would expect a nice jump and at the least see some significant progress in the program moving ahead.
Coming into this season, you also had the draw of plenty of minutes/shots/opportunity etc to go around.
Do you have that this season? If guys stick around, will talented new players come here to compete or enter into a time share when other schools are promising them opportunities? What would be the draw to bring in players that are good enough to win right away at a high level?
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Bos8 wrote: 2 months ago

Lots of good questions

Coming into this season, you also had the draw of plenty of minutes/shots/opportunity etc to go around.
Do you have that this season? If guys stick around, will talented new players come here to compete or enter into a time share when other schools are promising them opportunities? What would be the draw to bring in players that are good enough to win right away at a high level?
Yes Bos8, If you want to attract talented players in the portal, you need to have some type of draw.
Not sure how easy that will be for us.

It also isn't like we have unlimited funds out there to just reel them in.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Bos8 wrote: 2 months ago

Lots of good questions

Excellent questions and perspective, Bos8.

I would think most staying would be one of the impediments to upgrading the rotation via the portal that we could face.

Being mainly frustrated with the transfers we brought in, I haven’t even considered how talented potential transfers would view an opportunity here if all our rotation pieces stay.

Good stuff. Good discussion.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Archie needs to do a lot of personal introspection this off season to determine what he has been doing wrong. If he does not make adjustments and changes, it would seem based on his first two years that his tenure at URI is doomed to failure. The college basketball culture and environment is far different than it used to be just five to ten years ago and what previously once worked may not today.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Not that I really think much of what is put out by GoLocalProv has much merit but they did another un-authored hit job on URI that highlights its status as the worst D1 program in RI over the last five seasons. I do not typically have an issue with what James Malachowski writes on the site about URI hoops. The pieces that are unattributed there however always tend to be highly critical of URI. It seems as if someone really hates URI and has a personal vendetta against it.

URI Basketball 5-Year Trend: The Muddling Mid-Major
https://www.golocalprov.com/sports/uri- ... -mid-major
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 2 months ago Archie needs to do a lot of personal introspection this off season to determine what he has been doing wrong. If he does not make adjustments and changes, it would seem based on his first two years that his tenure at URI is doomed to failure. The college basketball culture and environment is far different than it used to be just five to ten years ago and what previously once worked may not today.
He'd better do it soon. The portal opens in what, 3 weeks?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Who is Archie Miller? Except for a few unknown insiders, most of us fans will probably neva know, and that is OK.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Really good and interesting questions Bos , hopefully we find the answers sooner than later , I would hate to see Arch not succeed here
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago Who is Archie Miller? Except for a few unknown insiders, most of us fans will probably neva know, and that is OK.
I know you and Mrs 105 have attended same events I’ve been to in the past. Has Arch even engaged with supporters at Coaches Shows? Dan and Cox definitely did at the time.

I remember when Miller was announced it was only a certain amount allowed in at the Welcome Center. Would have been a better option for fan and alumni engagement to have it at a larger venue on campus but yer again URIFAE falls flat like a lead balloon. I don’t put this on Thor at all. It is certainly higher ups. Get it right for once. We have this practice facility finally!
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Answer, not really. Examples most recent Mews Coaches Show no. He said a couple of hellos toward staff, VIPs, then left. Didn’t even stay to hear his player. At EG event, Spring, yes, hung around, seemed more relaxed and spoke with folks. Was kinda a different guy after tear 1. He appeared there to be excited about new players and year 2. Part of my acceptance of state of the program is that meetand greet with fans is just not his thing. The program seems to have bigger issues to work on now and not concerning
about the coach hanging out with folks. The pre season event at Mews, outside, I don’t think he did much.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Dan when he was here certainly helped to energize the fan base.

Cox not so much, but better than Archie to this point.

We need a coach that interacts with our fans

Especially since we seem to be a fair weather fan base.

Show up when we're winning, disappear otherwise.

It has to be affecting the financial support from boosters and the casual fan.

Right now it's all negative.

If I knew we will be good soon, it would be a lot easier to take.

Unfortunately, there's no indication of that at this point.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Answer, not really. Examples most recent Mews Coaches Show no. He said a couple of hellos toward staff, VIPs, then left. Didn’t even stay to hear his player. At EG event, Spring, yes, hung around, seemed more relaxed and spoke with folks. Was kinda a different guy after tear 1. He appeared there to be excited about new players and year 2. Part of my acceptance of state of the program is that meetand greet with fans is just not his thing. The program seems to have bigger issues to work on now and not concerning
about the coach hanging out with folks. The pre season event at Mews, outside, I don’t think he did much.
Exactly- this is a minute issue but still important. Especially since a donor just pumped $1mil to Athletics.

FWIW Dan and Andrea often talked to people at Mews, etc. (my recollection, perhaps yours also)
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Answer, not really. Examples most recent Mews Coaches Show no. He said a couple of hellos toward staff, VIPs, then left. Didn’t even stay to hear his player. At EG event, Spring, yes, hung around, seemed more relaxed and spoke with folks. Was kinda a different guy after tear 1. He appeared there to be excited about new players and year 2. Part of my acceptance of state of the program is that meetand greet with fans is just not his thing. The program seems to have bigger issues to work on now and not concerning
Didn’t even stay to listen to the player speaking? Jesus.
1 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

The hand full of IU fans I spoke to n FL mentioned the same Archie MO. Granted they said the IU fan base is kinda large to engage with. This thing has been talked about a lot, winning will reduce this issue for many. However, if he is being “paid” for these appearances then maybe a bit more time is warranted? The recent show at Mews another 10-15 minutes could have been spent to stop by each table up stairs bar. Perhaps he simply does not see this as part of the job, where Dan known this aspect was par5 of building the brand. Archie has worked in places where the brand is historically set, not so much here. I wondered why he wasn’t to staying to hear Zek’s portion of the show? Maybe on phones car. I know, just win here and most of this washes away.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
No, year ago did the same with Bassey.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
That's not cool.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

RF1 wrote: 2 months ago Not that I really think much of what is put out by GoLocalProv has much merit but they did another un-authored hit job on URI that highlights its status as the worst D1 program in RI over the last five seasons. I do not typically have an issue with what James Malachowski writes on the site about URI hoops. The pieces that are unattributed there however always tend to be highly critical of URI. It seems as if someone really hates URI and has a personal vendetta against it.

URI Basketball 5-Year Trend: The Muddling Mid-Major
https://www.golocalprov.com/sports/uri- ... -mid-major
A complete rag in all ways, however the first line pretty much sums it up.

we suck. it is what it is.

a variety of people are being paid quit well to fix it. collectively, they're failing.
1 x
:lol:
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Reminder- Dan Hurley was 14-18 in year two. Lost 6 games in a row through February and then won a few to end the regular season. Was knocked out in the first round of the A10 tourney. Perspective can breed hope.

*Next season the rams went 23-10
1 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Was Arch like this @ Dayton also with their fan base ?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 1 month ago Was Arch like this @ Dayton also with their fan base ?
Yes, it has been posted here a ton by multiple people that Archie only really wanted to coach at Dayton and not do extracurriculars.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago Reminder- Dan Hurley was 14-18 in year two. Lost 6 games in a row through February and then won a few to end the regular season. Was knocked out in the first round of the A10 tourney. Perspective can breed hope.

*Next season the rams went 23-10
Dan's team also retained E.C, Martin, Biruta, and T.J plus added Terrell and Jarvis.
Let's hope Archie can follow suit with similar results.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 month ago
Exactly- this is a minute issue but still important. Especially since a donor just pumped $1mil to Athletics.

FWIW Dan and Andrea often talked to people at Mews, etc. (my recollection, perhaps yours also)
Fact
1 x