2/25 | La Salle | 12:00PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 2/25 | La Salle | 12:00PM (USA)

Unread post by rhodysurf »

If anyone was wondering why Foumena doesn’t play more……
2 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

I think Wright State would be a perfect transfer location for Always.
3 x
'No Mercy.'
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

One team is getting better, one team is getting worse.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago We are just going through the motions the last several minutes. Brutal.

They’ve been going through the motions for awhile now. Seems most of them have given up on the team, on themselves and on Archie. I feel many of them have already given up on the program also. We’ll see very soon…
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
Sweep The Leg wrote: 2 months ago None of these guards can pass.
Why do they continue to pass it underneath when there are 3 defenders collapsing ? I don’t get it.
We've done it all year. Insanity.
1 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago If anyone was wondering why Foumena doesn’t play more……
At least he tried to make a play. Maybe if the other four guys ran down the court, he would have options.

Still embarrassing getting stuff by a guy who is 5 inches shorter and 50+ pounds lighter.
1 x
'No Mercy.'
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

These guys look like they can't wait for the season to be over. Totally emotionless team. Serious problems with this program both now and for the foreseeable future.
3 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

In hockey, the coach would sent our their biggest guy to get in a fight to generate some activity. Does anyone even remember a hard foul on Brantley? Sorry, Archie, you are the coach of a team totally not ready to play today.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago These guys look like they can't wait for the season to be over. Totally emotionless team. Serious problems with this program both now and for the foreseeable future.
Kinda of look like the coach!
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

eli#10 wrote: 2 months ago I need to state the obvious: Always Wright not only cannot defend anyone he cannot run an offense. It seems each possession he runs the shot clock gets to 5 seconds and a difficult shot needs to be tried.
Since this game is a joke and Archie has lost this team, I did some research to avoid the torture... You're spot on about Ways, Eli. He's very bad..I'm always disappointed watching always wright and this team lately.. Corny line I know but screw it! We have people who say Bassy's numbers are horrible. We have people that still say his numbers "suck"

Want to hear a fun fact? Luis has a worse shooting % than Bassy does in the conference. Never mind how bad Always is. Luis has been average or bad since his huge game against Davidson. Luis has been shooting 39% since that Davidson game. So if Bassy sucks, does Luis suck too? Because I think he's a decent point guard. Bassy has shot 50% or higher in his last three games, scoring 30, 19, and 42. While our guys, like Cam and Luis, are regressing, Bassy seems to be improving.

Conference Statistics for Bassy and Luis

Bassy
20.7 PPG
6 AST
.417 FG%
31% 3P%
76% FT%
2.3 steals

Luis
10.4 PPG
4.4 AST
.413 FG%
33% 3P%
68% FT%
0.8 steals

I hate that I love such a disappointing program. But I do, and I always will.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I can’t believe we are only down 14 at the half after that exhibition of ugly, inept basketball.

I am curious to see how Arch handles the 2nd half. Does he bench guys? Let them try to play through it ?
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago Game over already? 12 point deficit seems pretty insurmountable lol
It feels like we are down by 20 or more. Poor effort. Dumb play. A fan has to be very patient and dedicated to watch this today.
Drums, thinking the same thing. Not sure if I forgot to take my meds today or the team needs some meds!
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Tough to get behind a bunch of guys that give up so easily.
The announcer on USA just called them out - "Look how they come out of their defensive stance".
There is no pride at all on defense.

House and Green with zeros.
No coaching adjustment to LaSalle not covering our 5 man at the top of the key.
Disappointing on so many levels.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

The highlight of forum discussion is now Bassy talk.

Yikes.
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago If anyone was wondering why Foumena doesn’t play more……
Confidence is absolutely HUGE for young players. When Fou was getting close to 15 minutes a game, or sometimes more, he had a much better groove and motor. He's a step slow today because Archie stopped playing him. I agree he's a massive liability with his IQ, but I think the way Archie handled him has ruined him mentally. We used to get some great plays with a mix of dumb freshman mistakes. Now it looks like dude afraid to shoot, forcing it into the post. Im happy he was more aggressive at the end of the half. I don't like our big man going coast to coast but Fou's nonstop passion and mator is what I loved about him.

Also, Archie, guess what? Most if not all coaches and players watch tape of our team. I'm not sure if you know this because we continue to force it to the post, but they are leaving our big men WIDE OPEN at the top of the key and doubling in the post. They know what's coming! Stop doing the same thing.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Lasalle sucks. If we can play some D and get hot, we can beat a bad team like this. But my guess is we have a fake comeback and loss. We are very predictable. Or we lose by 20.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

This team stinks omg
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

😭
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

House gave it a shot at a one man comeback for about a minute. I guess that’s all we got today.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago This team stinks omg
You would think some of the guys would at least play hard to have some tape to show their next team.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Bus has been running for a while now.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Losing to a 13-14, 4-10 La Salle team by 27 with 13 minutes left in year 2 of Archie.

Fuchs, Green, House, Cam, Zek, Weston, Foumena I’ll take back.

Everyone else can take a hike.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

LaSalle by 50?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago Fou needs to take that open 15 footer from the line instead of passing.
He’s probably afraid he’ll be pulled the second he takes a shot. Archie has ruined any confidence in this kid. He looks like a totally different timid player out there. That’s what happens when you don’t play him at all and take him out the second he makes a mistakes. Feel bad for him. Archie has made plenty of mistakes this year but the way he’s handled Fou is near the top.

Also, our defense is so incredibly bad…
I think the real issue is....he's just not that good
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

This looks like a team who has checked out and is wondering where they will be playing next season as they obviously don’t like or get what Archie is teaching.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RIFan wrote: 2 months ago This looks like a team who has checked out and is wondering where they will be playing next season.
I am starting to wonder if that is what is best for all parties involved. Go play somewhere else. Good thing I am not coaching.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

eli#10 wrote: 2 months ago I need to state the obvious: Always Wright not only cannot defend anyone he cannot run an offense. It seems each possession he runs the shot clock gets to 5 seconds and a difficult shot needs to be tried.
Since this game is a joke and Archie has lost this team, I did some research to avoid the torture... You're spot on about Ways, Eli. He's very bad..I'm always disappointed watching always wright and this team lately.. Corny line I know but screw it! We have people who say Bassy's numbers are horrible. We have people that still say his numbers "suck"

Want to hear a fun fact? Luis has a worse shooting % than Bassy does in the conference. Never mind how bad Always is. Luis has been average or bad since his huge game against Davidson. Luis has been shooting 39% since that Davidson game. So if Bassy sucks, does Luis suck too? Because I think he's a decent point guard. Bassy has shot 50% or higher in his last three games, scoring 30, 19, and 42. While our guys, like Cam and Luis, are regressing, Bassy seems to be improving.

Conference Statistics for Bassy and Luis

Bassy
20.7 PPG
6 AST
.417 FG%
31% 3P%
76% FT%
2.3 steals

Luis
10.4 PPG
4.4 AST
.413 FG%
33% 3P%
68% FT%
0.8 steals

I hate that I love such a disappointing program. But I do, and I always will.
and still...Bassy would. not. play. on this team....
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago Lasalle sucks. If we can play some D and get hot, we can beat a bad team like this. But my guess is we have a fake comeback and loss. We are very predictable. Or we lose by 20.
do I hear 30?
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Confidence is absolutely HUGE for young players. When Fou was getting close to 15 minutes a game, or sometimes more, he had a much better groove and motor. He's a step slow today because Archie stopped playing him. I agree he's a massive liability with his IQ, but I think the way Archie handled him has ruined him mentally. We used to get some great plays with a mix of dumb freshman mistakes. Now it looks like dude afraid to shoot, forcing it into the post. Im happy he was more aggressive at the end of the half. I don't like our big man going coast to coast but Fou's nonstop passion and mator is what I loved about him.

Also, Archie, guess what? Most if not all coaches and players watch tape of our team. I'm not sure if you know this because we continue to force it to the post, but they are leaving our big men WIDE OPEN at the top of the key and doubling in the post. They know what's coming! Stop doing the same thing.
And on D, our play is… sag off your man primarily looking to help.
Then when your guy gets a pass, you sprint at him and jump, to try for a block.
Then after the fake, watch as he goes straight to the hoop or pulls up for an open j.
A-10 teams have definitely seen our tape.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 months ago

And on D, our play is… sag off your man primarily looking to help.
Then when your guy gets a pass, you sprint at him and jump, to try for a block.
Then after the fake, watch as he goes straight to the hoop or pulls up for an open j.
A-10 teams have definitely seen our tape.
You might be overcomplicating our D. I think it's just, "sag off your man, even if he has the ball"
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

If some of these guys think they will be transferring out after this season, I hope they're not thinking it's for more NIL money.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Losing to a 13-14, 4-10 La Salle team by 27 with 13 minutes left in year 2 of Archie.

I'd take Kortright back too, just off the ball.
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Losing to a 13-14, 4-10 La Salle team by 27 with 13 minutes left in year 2 of Archie.

I think this is the right list of kids to retain.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago Fou needs to take that open 15 footer from the line instead of passing.
He’s probably afraid he’ll be pulled the second he takes a shot. Archie has ruined any confidence in this kid. He looks like a totally different timid player out there. That’s what happens when you don’t play him at all and take him out the second he makes a mistakes. Feel bad for him. Archie has made plenty of mistakes this year but the way he’s handled Fou is near the top.

It's way too early to make that judgment. We don't know how good he is. He's raw and young. Many of us can see the type of upside he has, especially on the offensive end. Will he get there? We really don't know. And if you don't think him getting benched doesn't affect him mentally IDK what to tell you. It's a huge factor for players, especially younger ones.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

CamsRams wrote: 2 months ago

I think this is the right list of kids to retain.
Odds are though someone from this list will most likely leave.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It's way too early to make that judgment. We don't know how good he is. He's raw and young. Many of us can see the type of upside he has, especially on the offensive end. Will he get there? We really don't know. And if you don't think him getting benched doesn't affect him mentally IDK what to tell you. It's a huge factor for players, especially younger ones.
I think we do know that Fuchs is a lot better?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I dont care what anybody else says, but it there isnt a major turnaround next season, Archie's seat needs to get very warm.

Not saying he's gone after year 3, but year 4 should be his last if it happens again.

I just dont see a big jump next season unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat with several new talented recruits.

Half or more of this group has to go. NO DOUBT.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago

I'd take Kortright back too, just off the ball.
Eh, he's been pretty bad in the A10. I would hope Hammond and Cam are ahead of him next year, assuming Cam makes a jump. Kortright gets abused on D, and he slows everything down every time he touches the ball. He doesn't fit what Archie wants to do. He's in his fourth year. Like Carey last year, I think he's gone after this year.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

You can’t pay Archie almost $6m (for 3 seasons) to be about .500 in the 3rd year, so we need a BIG improvement next season.
Last edited by RIFan 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Cams, just to play devils advocate, I will turn it around.

If you were the players listed, would you want to stay ? Why not go elsewhere and get a shot at playing relevant basketball - even if it is at a perceived lower level, like the Am East Conf, the MAAC, etc.

I would like to see some players stay. I just do not know if they want to stay.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I still believe we're going to be able to look back and laugh at these last two seasons someday, but damn is it frustrating as hell to watch right now.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Archie postgame:

“Credit to La Salle, they played hard and hit their 3s. We’re just not a good defensive team, haven’t been all season. Nkt mentally strong enough, and when we lose our confidence we can’t get it back…etc etc”
0 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 2 months ago I dont care what anybody else says, but it there isnt a major turnaround next season, Archie's seat needs to get very warm.

Not saying he's gone after year 3, but year 4 should be his last if it happens again.

I just dont see a big jump next season unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat with several new talented recruits.

Half or more of this group has to go. NO DOUBT.
Sadly agree 100% I need to see a winning team in year 3.

With portalpalooza tho who’s gonna replace the players that leave? What 3 or 4 star athletes who have other options are going to want to come in here and have to learn the Pack Line? It’s the Wild West with NIL too.

I’m approaching an all time low on optimism….
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Archie postgame:

“Credit to La Salle, they played hard and hit their 3s. We’re just not a good defensive team, haven’t been all season. Nkt mentally strong enough, and when we lose our confidence we can’t get it back…etc etc”
He's out of excuses just like we are out of topics.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago Cams, just to play devils advocate, I will turn it around.

If you were the players listed, would you want to stay ? Why not go elsewhere and get a shot at playing relevant basketball - even if it is at a perceived lower level, like the Am East Conf, the MAAC, etc.

I would like to see some players stay. I just do not know if they want to stay.
It’s Archie’s job to convince them to stay.

Hurley convinced EC, who didn’t even know where Rhode Island was, to leave Michigan, turn down multiple P6 offers and come build something here.

URI wasn’t relevant ECs senior season in high school yet Hurley was able to get him to come.

Archie needs to do that now to the current players.
0 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

And it’s time for a Ray Allen 3 sighting!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I think we do know that Fuchs is a lot better?
Yeah, of course, he's better. Fuchs is one of the best freshmen in the A10. But we need more than one big man. To give you an example, Fou has better numbers than Cyril had as a freshman. This isn't like watching Harris, where you can see the kid did not have the tools to be good. I know Fou going coast to coast was a terrible mistake, but that's an example of his talent. He actually has a good enough handle to go coast to coast at this stage. He's not a bad 3-pt shooter, and that should only improve. He has a nice hook but needs to improve his off-hand. He has a good size to become a strong defender, and he has a motor that is very hard to teach. His weaknesses are coachable. His IQ is his biggest hurdle right now, and that will get better as he gets older. But I don't think it matters. It's clear Archie doesn't like him, and I'm assuming he wants a better shot somewhere else.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Archie postgame:

He's out of excuses just like we are out of topics.
Well 208 is trying to flush out more Bassy talk which is nice.

😆
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Upside to this game is that I got to crunch the watch time down to about an hour 25 minutes. DVR'd it, got back around 1230...caught up a little after halftime. Able to compress the suck anyway
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

El Stinko.
1 x