2/21 | Richmond | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: 2/21 | Richmond | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

damram wrote: 2 months agoFoumena?
...is about half as useful as Fuchs...?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Two things.

1. I have gotten on Fuchs after the Mohegan tourney (very much warranted) and after the last home game (first half very passive). However, I believe me, Steven and Jersey (apologies if any others which I’m sure there are) have been Fuchs defenders 90%+ of the season.

He was the only one who showed up tonight. Best game of the season. Hell of a night.

If he stays: 4 year starter, 1000+ point scorer, high up there in rebounds and minutes.

2. King has been tremendous for Richmond all year, will be an All A10 player.

But good lord he flopped 4+ times tonight. Great players like that don’t need to do that.

Didn’t expect to win tonight, just my couple thoughts on the game.
2 x
Go Rhody
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago
Sweep The Leg wrote: 2 months ago

I never seen a freshman who has 5 double doubles get so much hate.
Make that 6 double doubles.
A 23-point double-double as a freshman - 12 boards, including 4 offensive boards. However, some argue that it's merely because he misses shots and gets his own rebound, deeming it unimpressive. But he's only missed three shots today, so how is that possible? HMMMM...

He also contributed with two steals and two blocks - one resulted in a change of possession after he blocked a shot that went off Richmond, and another led to a shot clock violation. He played well against King when defending him after they went into a pick-and-roll on a few possessions, I think he's been our best defender tonight.

Fuchs was the most active player on the team tonight, hustling back on defense, battling through picks, and fighting in the post. This is contrary to some claims that he has no motor and doesn't care. He's been our best player tonight. The only positive from another complete disappointment was David Fuchs.

Archie was out-coached again, a recurring theme this season. Hammond needs to be the real deal, as our guards have underperformed in way too many games. These false comebacks may be fun for about two minutes, but we never manage to fully come back.

We're struggling. The team looks checked out. I've already said some of the rumblings i'm hearing behind closed doors is not good. Archie has had his share of shortcomings this year. It's disheartening, and this program has let me down for most of my life. I wish I could stop caring and go root for Ohio State, where my brother went to college, but I can't. I bleed Rhody Blue. I hate this so much! Is it like seven straight games that we have lost against Richmond? UGH.
And he’s the only player that made a correct decision on the fast break by passing to the trailer in the middle. The first time I’ve seen any Ram player pass in the fast break. Both Weston and Kourtwright had a open wing player for an easy bucket, but went into triple coverage.
4 x
'No Mercy.'
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago People keep asking about Foumena. I think it's time we all accept he's not coming back. You might as well assume Fou isn't on the team anymore. Clearly, Archie is done with him, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
Bummer.

Hope they can fill his spot with someone who can help us win frickin’ relevant games.

Thanks for the update, Stevey.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I never seen a freshman who has 5 double doubles get so much hate.
Make that 6 double doubles.
A 23-point double-double as a freshman - 12 boards, including 4 offensive boards. However, some argue that it's merely because he misses shots and gets his own rebound, deeming it unimpressive. But he's only missed three shots today, so how is that possible? HMMMM...

He also contributed with two steals and two blocks - one resulted in a change of possession after he blocked a shot that went off Richmond, and another led to a shot clock violation. He played well against King when defending him after they went into a pick-and-roll on a few possessions, I think he's been our best defender tonight.

Fuchs was the most active player on the team tonight, hustling back on defense, battling through picks, and fighting in the post. This is contrary to some claims that he has no motor and doesn't care. He's been our best player tonight. The only positive from another complete disappointment was David Fuchs.

Archie was out-coached again, a recurring theme this season. Hammond needs to be the real deal, as our guards have underperformed in way too many games. These false comebacks may be fun for about two minutes, but we never manage to fully come back.

We're struggling. The team looks checked out. I've already said some of the rumblings i'm hearing behind closed doors is not good. Archie has had his share of shortcomings this year. It's disheartening, and this program has let me down for most of my life. I wish I could stop caring and go root for Ohio State, where my brother went to college, but I can't. I bleed Rhody Blue. I hate this so much! Is it like seven straight games that we have lost against Richmond? UGH.
Stevey...what are these "rumblings"?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

One more thing.

If it wasn’t evident before, Foumena is one billion percent gone.

No minutes tonight?

Yea, something is off between Archie and him.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago One more thing.

No minutes tonight?

Like..."Fuchs is a much better player"? 'cuz, I guess...that could create a wedge, unless you knew that already
3 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I thought the flop rule was invented to deal with little drama queens like Jordan King, like after the second one it was getting rediculous
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

No minutes tonight?

Like..."Fuchs is a much better player"? 'cuz, I guess...that could create a wedge, unless you knew that already
Brown shouldn’t get minutes over Foumena.
2 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago

No minutes tonight?

Disagree. I thought he looked decent tonight, too...sorry, I just don't see the Fou Fighter talent that the rest here do...
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

We’re at a point where we should expect/hope to strike lighting in a bottle for one season.

We don’t have the resources, NIL, facilities, etc to expect sustained success anymore.

It just is what it is at this point as a mid major in college athletics.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago We’re at a point where we should expect/hope to strike lighting in a bottle for one season.

We don’t have the resources, NIL, facilities, etc to expect sustained success anymore.

We’re at a point where we should expect/hope to strike lighting in a bottle for one season....every season. Hey, it is what it is...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

what level of suck does the program need to be at to have such little board activity at this point in the season?
Honest question...answers encouraged:

Did you expect us to suck this bad in Archie's second year? Yes or no, not, "we knew it would take time to rebuild"...the question is:
"Did you think we would suck this bad in Archie Year 2...yes or no...."
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago Yea not enough talent.
Underrated brilliant in-depth analysis right here ^^^
Must I say more??
0 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago what level of suck does the program need to be at to have such little board activity at this point in the season?

Did you expect us to suck this bad in Archie's second year? Yes or no, not, "we knew it would take time to rebuild"...the question is:
"Great question, NYG, no, I did not think we would suck this bad."
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago what level of suck does the program need to be at to have such little board activity at this point in the season?

Yup, two pages after a game just shows how little people care.

Can’t blame them though.
0 x
Go Rhody
Donrxer79
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Donrxer79 »

What I saw tonight was men against boys. If you check Richmond's roster you will see many seniors and grad students. It makes a difference to have 3 or 4 years of experience and tonight it showed. We are not there yet.
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Disagree. I thought he looked decent tonight, too...sorry, I just don't see the Fou Fighter talent that the rest here do...
Foumena is a much better offensive player and has a higher upside. There is no reason he should never see the floor on this roster with a team that loses most of their games. We want our young guys to play.

Fou per 40 stats are 17 and 11 rebs.
Brown is 10 and 9

Fou will make an impact somewhere, and we will be reminded of it in our former player thread for years to come!

I keep telling myself Archie is going to fix things.. Archie is going to fix things.. My heart wants to belive this but by my eyes see a poorly coached team.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yup, two pages after a game just shows how little people care.

Can’t blame them though.
lol, not blaming the folks on the board at all, just surfacing the product/topic
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Foumena is a much better offensive player and has a higher upside. There is no reason he should never see the floor on this roster with a team that loses most of their games. We want our young guys to play.

Brown is 10 and 9

Fou will make an impact somewhere, and we will be reminded of it in our former player thread for years to come!

I keep telling myself Archie is going to fix things.. Archie is going to fix things.. My heart wants to belive this but by my eyes see a poorly coached team.
Stevie...you were right on Buchanan, in that he got drafted, not that he was good. :lol:
Can I set up some kinda double or nothing on Fou?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

reef wrote: 2 months ago What does Gil hold up @ timeouts on that board ?
Defensive assignments.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago
reef wrote: 2 months ago What does Gil hold up @ timeouts on that board ?
Defensive assignments.
and he does an awesome job of it...I'm probably 10 rows away, and it's clear to me, so, none of this is his fault
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Brown is 10 and 9

Stevie...you were right on Buchanan, in that he got drafted, not that he was good. :lol:
I don't think Fou is getting drafted. I could see him go play at another program and score in double digits by his junior year.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Brown is 10 and 9

I don't think Fou is getting drafted. I could see him go play at another program and score in double digits by his junior year.
My wager would be...Fuchs puts up better numbers than Fou this year, and next year, and the next year, until they graduate ;)
I feel way more confident in that than, 'Buchanan won't get drafted'...you?
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

No.

I didn’t expect this, NYG. I figured .500 at least in conference and 17-18 wins overall. I thought we would play really tough at home and win more home games.

I also didn’t expect us to be this bad on D.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Maybe someone at the game can correct me, but from watching on TV I don't think I saw Foumena even take off his warm-ups all game. Almost looked like he knew he was not playing tonight.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Depressing
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

My wager would be...Fuchs puts up better numbers than Fou this year, and next year, and the next year, until they graduate ;)
I feel way more confident in that than, 'Buchanan won't get drafted'...you?
I didn't say he's better than Fuchs haha. I'm one of Fuchs's biggest supporters. I think he should be playing ahead of Brown. No bet for me.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 2 months ago Maybe someone at the game can correct me, but from watching on TV I don't think I saw Foumena even take off his warm-ups all game. Almost looked like he knew he was not playing tonight.
He participated in pre-game warm ups. On one layup he missed it badly but inconsistency seems to follow him from what I’ve observed this season.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: 2 months agoDepressing

Totally agree...I was psyched to be a sth this year, to go to all the games and, even if we didn't tourney, at least be better than last year. And, even though it seems pretty clear that we have better players than last year, the team is no better.

That's the most surprising thing...it seems like we have much better players than last year, but we've lost ground within the (crappy) conference. So, yes, quite depressing indeed....but, at least I have options (like, no season tix next year), but Tyler F does not....good luck to you, T
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 2 months ago What an absolute joke of a foul call!!
Adam, this was early in the game when you mentioned this. Which foul call were you referring to?
Was it possibly the foul they called on Quinn when he was holding the ball out by the 3P line?
Last edited by ramster 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster, were you at the game tonight?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes I made it.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote: 2 months ago
Adam, this was early in the game when you mentioned this. Which foul call were you referring to?
I forget who it was on, maybe Wright? But it was the play where the shot clock went off to and they reviewed it and ended up waving it off because the shot clock had expired. I didn't think Ways even touched him from what I could see on TV.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago We’re at a point where we should expect/hope to strike lighting in a bottle for one season.

And by sustained success as a middling A10 school I mean:

Consistent Top 5/6 A10 finishes
Top 4 finishes more often than not
Being a bubble team for 2+ seasons in a row

We all want that, but it’s not happening here.

Not in this day and age.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 2 months ago
I forget who it was on, maybe Wright? But it was the play where the shot clock went off to and they reviewed it and ended up waving it off because the shot clock had expired. I didn't think Ways even touched him from what I could see on TV.
I know exactly what play you're talking about...was the height of bogus-ness, but, fortunately, they changed it. Although, to be clear, we didn't lose this, or any other game this year, because of officiating
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Nobody here hates Fuchs. My only problem is when he walks up the court. He does a lot of things well. Yes, he makes a lot of mistakes too, but he's a freshman and he'll learn from them (I hope). Hopefully he stays here. For those who weren't at the game or didn't see halftime, Fuchs is the only non-scholarship player to make the Dean's list. So, he's a good student . Good for him. As for Foumena, yeah both he and Rory are gone. So much for our Orangeville Prep connection. I think House is gone too. I think he hates playing for Archie. He always seems pissed and frustrated. He was very angry towards the end of the game when Luis took two threes in a row (1 make, 1 miss). House had just made 2 threes a few possessions back.He wasn't even watching the play. He wasn't involved at all, By design? I don't know. He was staring into the crowd. He went over to Green and started bitching about it. Yeah, as someone said, there are problems on this team.
4 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

A deep dive on what waxed us in the 2nd half tonight.

https://ozswoosh.com/wp-content/uploads ... Oakman.pdf

There are multiple YouTube videos to view regarding Mooney’s interpretation of the Princeton offense.

Miller got badly outclassed in the 2nd half. It’s not super complicated.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Nobody here hates Fuchs. My only problem is when he walks up the court. He does a lot of things well. Yes, he makes a lot of mistakes too, but he's a freshman and he'll learn from them (I hope). Hopefully he stays here. For those who weren't at the game or didn't see halftime, Fuchs is the only non-scholarship player to make the Dean's list. So, he's a good student . Good for him. As for Foumena, yeah both he and Rory are gone. So much for our Orangeville Prep connection. I think House is gone too. I think he hates playing for Archie. He always seems pissed and frustrated. He was very angry towards the end of the game when Luis took two threes in a row (1 make, 1 miss). House had just made 2 threes a few possessions back.He wasn't even watching the play. He wasn't involved at all, By design? I don't know. He was staring into the crowd. He went over to Green and started bitching about it. Yeah, as someone said, there are problems on this team.
IMG_2328.jpeg
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago A deep dive on what waxed us in the 2nd half tonight.

https://ozswoosh.com/wp-content/uploads ... Oakman.pdf

There are multiple YouTube videos to view regarding Mooney’s interpretation of the Princeton offense.

Miller got badly outclassed in the 2nd half. It’s not super complicated.
awesome...after several beers and a rotten loss...on a work night, I want to study film :lol: :lol:
can't we just leave it at, 'this team suck'?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Nobody here hates Fuchs. My only problem is when he walks up the court. He does a lot of things well. Yes, he makes a lot of mistakes too, but he's a freshman and he'll learn from them (I hope). Hopefully he stays here. For those who weren't at the game or didn't see halftime, Fuchs is the only non-scholarship player to make the Dean's list. So, he's a good student . Good for him. As for Foumena, yeah both he and Rory are gone. So much for our Orangeville Prep connection. I think House is gone too. I think he hates playing for Archie. He always seems pissed and frustrated. He was very angry towards the end of the game when Luis took two threes in a row (1 make, 1 miss). House had just made 2 threes a few possessions back.He wasn't even watching the play. He wasn't involved at all, By design? I don't know. He was staring into the crowd. He went over to Green and started bitching about it. Yeah, as someone said, there are problems on this team.
IMG_2328.jpeg
I noticed that, too...I think that bodes very well for D Fuchs
0 x
JushinThunderLiger
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by JushinThunderLiger »

Outside of people making assumptions, what are these rumblings of players transferring out?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yea, House has had a rah rah attitude all season.

Was all great early on when we were winning, but I actually thought sometimes he was a bit too animated when he just didn’t get the ball during stretches. He seemed to always think he needed to touch the rock each possession, each game.

It has only magnified as the season/losing has gotten longer.

I absolutely want him here next season for his 5th year, but don’t think he’ll stay.

Will be very very interesting to see who gets honored on Senior Night.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

JushinThunderLiger wrote: 2 months ago Outside of people making assumptions, what are these rumblings of players transferring out?
Our third best big man plays over our second best big man.

Stewart gets zero time.

We have multiple 4th year players.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Fou is a freshman. Can we relax.
0 x
GO RAMS
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago Fou is a freshman. Can we relax.
Fou's minutes in the last four games.

5 minutes
8 minutes
5 minutes
0 minutes

We can relax, or we can be realistic. Players leave now more than ever. If he can't get minutes over Tyson Brown, why would Foumena stay? I'm not trying to be a dick I'm seriously asking. Because Brown and Fuchs are both likely back next year. Who knows if he recruits anyone else.. Archie is very unhappy with how these players defend. He will bring in some reinforcements, and it will not just be two freshmen.

I would guess Rory, Fou, Bilau, Weston, and one or both of House and Luis are gone. Hopefully, House stays...I think Archie will keep Connor for one more year, but I could be wrong.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

So it’s gonna be rooting for the laundry only I guess.

Weird days…
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

5 minutes
8 minutes
5 minutes
0 minutes

We can relax, or we can be realistic. Players leave now more than ever. If he can't get minutes over Tyson Brown, why would Foumena stay? I'm not trying to be a dick I'm seriously asking. Because Brown and Fuchs are both likely back next year. Who knows if he recruits anyone else.. Archie is very unhappy with how these players defend. He will bring in some reinforcements, and it will not just be two freshmen.

I would guess Rory, Fou, Bilau, Weston, and one or both of House and Luis are gone. Hopefully, House stays...I think Archie will keep Connor for one more year, but I could be wrong.
Sure hope Weston is back. He is one of the few on the team that can play defense and use his athleticism.
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

McRam wrote: 2 months ago

5 minutes
8 minutes
5 minutes
0 minutes

Sure hope Weston is back. He is one of the few on the team that can play defense and use his athleticism.
Things may be different now but I don’t think he stays this year if he knew he could transfer twice without having to sit. But he’s starting now so maybe he’s happy.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING