2/18 | Loyola Chicago | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: 2/18 | Loyola Chicago | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago

It’s actually a terrible point.

Blaming the grad assistants? Come the hell on. That is pathetic to even bring up.

Biruta holds up a fucking white board with the defensive matchups for the game in the huddles.

But yea, he’s definitely a reason we stink.

Gotta blame him and the other GA. Definitely.

Gimme a god damn break.

People have also questioned Austin Carroll regularly the last few years.
He clearly isn't just "blaming the grad assistants" he mentioned every assistant lol
And people have questioned Carroll. A ton.

People know Kenny Johnson is known moreso as a recruiter than a developer.

Could not tell you one thing about Woodward or what he’s known for.

Even bringing up the GAs doesn’t make any sense.
BTW, Mr. Basketball, you say Kenny isn't known for developing players? Maybe you should read his bio. https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... hnson/1060
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

We are now 1-3 against teams that Blue Man wants to drum out of the A-10. We have a shot at going 1-5. But Blue Man is right in one respect, Loyola has yet to secure a "quality" win. :D :D
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

cRAM4finals wrote: 2 months ago You can’t instill attitude and desire through coaching if it isn’t burning somewhere inside a player. Assistants who help bring talented players with the right attitude are essential. Once it’s more than two or more players who have it - it might even be infectious. Yup. I’m going here. I understand that you get what you can afford when creating a staff of recruiting assistants, but my point is that maybe much of the blame is on Archie - not because of his coaching - but because of his selection and management of his recruiting operations.
Compelling perspective, cRam4finals.

Regarding Archie’s management style: do you think he is over delegating, not delegating enough, too focused on other issues pulling him in different directions ?
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago Lol why tf are they putting up Loyola's "tournament resume"?
Probably just trying to pump up the A10, PRT. They are a good A10 team. Very difficult team to play. I don’t see them as a NCAAT team yet, imho.

Maybe they continue to improve and win to get in the bubble conversation ? Or go on an upset run to win the auto bid ?

We will see.
It's not possible.
PRT, I just looked up Loyola’s NET and they are sitting at 102 despite their improving record. I forgot it was that low.

You are correct. Short of a miracle, no shot at NCAAT at-large bid. They need to grab the A10 auto-bid.
1 x
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

Not really sure. Like any of us who might be responsible for assembling a team of leaders, the level of delegation is less relevant to the level of success, than whether the team of leaders selected have the same core objectives and beliefs. I understand the call to make changes to your recruiting leads in this NIL/free agency environment could be incredibly difficult, but it should be strongly considered.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

I'm not as down on Rhody after this loss as most are as I did not expect to win this game.
The guys for Loyola Chicago that shoot most of their 3s shoot a very good percentage, so it seems the strategy was to try to take that away - check (minus a couple of late game lapses). I think they were going to make them play in the paint and run guys off the line. Not bad.

Kudos to Adelekun for what he was able to do against a young player in Fuchs. We wanted to make other guys beat us, and he was that guy.
I though Fuchs had two bad fouls called against him and I think that Adelekun definitely hooked Fuchs a couple of times, but we made them play differently and they did it well. This was a learning day for Fuchs. Hopefully next year he will be the guy doing that to other teams.
Should we have mixed defensive looks up a bit more and dropped a double team in here and there? Yup. No idea why we did not.
I noticed for a possession or two they almost seemed to fall into a matchup zone and it worked ... but then I never saw it again. Weird.

I think all of our guys play hard most of the time, but some take plays off and there is some spectating going on at times. That needs cleaning up, but it is getting better.

I love Big Fou. Love him. But he sometimes looks like an overly enthusiastic baby giraffe out there. He came in today, flailed around, fell dramatically to the ground and got pulled. It could be that the staff knows him well enough that they can tell when he is ready to play and when he is not. He probably deserved a bit more run though. Coming in cold is tough

The biggest issue this team has is dealing with defensive pressure. They run their sets to a fault and don't know what to do if the play gets blown up. Some guys freeze and some guys try to make that next scripted pass no matter what. This is the BB IQ thing that gets thrown around a lot - guys don't know enough to go back door or improvise. The three that Fuchs took was entirely because no one could figure out how to get open.
They also oddly still freeze up when the other team goes to a zone. It is maddening to watch, but strangely comical at the same time.

Kortwright had a big size advantage against Norris. Never saw Kortright post him. We used this effectively in the past but have gone away from it. He could have been doing to Norris what Adelekun was doing to Fuchs.

Weston was awesome today but was visibly winded twice and was left in. Maybe use a TO to give him a break?
He is becoming very reliable. Great to see.
To Jaden House - if you are ever in between dunking it or laying it in, the answer is always DUNK IT. LOL. Man, he was mad at himself.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago

He clearly isn't just "blaming the grad assistants" he mentioned every assistant lol

BTW, Mr. Basketball, you say Kenny isn't known for developing players? Maybe you should read his bio. https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... hnson/1060
Did I say he isn’t known for developing players? Nope.

I said he’s known more for recruiting, which his bio pretty much states.

Was voted 10th best recruiting assistant coach in 2016.

No such poll/accolade listed for developing players.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Probably just trying to pump up the A10, PRT. They are a good A10 team. Very difficult team to play. I don’t see them as a NCAAT team yet, imho.

Maybe they continue to improve and win to get in the bubble conversation ? Or go on an upset run to win the auto bid ?

We will see.
It's not possible.
PRT, I just looked up Loyola’s NET and they are sitting at 102 despite their improving record. I forgot it was that low.

You are correct. Short of a miracle, no shot at NCAAT at-large bid. They need to grab the A10 auto-bid.
Yeah and this year the bubble looks particularly strong.

Bracket matrix has PC as the last team in and they are 4-6 Q1 3-3 Q2 with zero bad losses. Feels like that's quite a bit more impressive than it usually is.

Cincinnati is first out at 3-6 Q1 2-2 Q2 and one Q 3 loss at WVU.

Both have resumes that strong with several opportunities remaining on the schedule.

If Loyola wins out and loses in the A-10 finals they might be kinda close though if you look at it. 1 Q2 game left and 2 Q1 games. They'd need a lot of help probably.

But yeah, still silly of CBS to post their resume when they're such a long shot. I've seen other games where they bring up a teams irrelevant resume. Was watching ESPNU the other week and it was Akron at JMU and they kept saying "it would be a Q1 win for Akron and great for their resume" Akron was 18-5 with one Q2 win lol. I'm like, do these people just not get how this works still?
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

BattleTested wrote: 2 months ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 2 months ago

So you’re just gonna give out blank white tshirts? Yea those would be $2 a pop. I’m assuming you would actually want something printed on them?
My guess is they didn’t have a sponsor who was able to foot the bill this late in the year. If I get there and see a sponsor logo on the shirts, then I’ll retract my statement and be annoyed.
Of course I meant screen printed shirts.
Not blank.

SMFH.

My point is your calculation is way off. And yes…. there most definitely have been “tshirt sponsors” “this late in the season”.
You can’t get custom printed tshirts in bulk for $2. That’s moronic to even think that’s possible.

And saw the shirts today (got one). No sponsor on there, which means athletics paid for them.
You can buy ‘em for $2 and printing isn’t that much more. I can name 3 local tshit printers, plus, there might be a printer on campus if I recall.

You’re an extremely negative 3 week old addition to this board. Leave the complaints to the experts who don’t sound custy.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Yeah...'elite developer'....miss that part?
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Just got home. Lots of traffic out of parking lot. Semi kidding. Brought granddaughters home after sleepover and game (big shout out to NYGfan_Section 208. Thanks for the tickets). Cumberland house of pizza for much needed pizza and fiddleheads . Kind of same old story for me. We just don't have IT. 2nd half got within 2 wide open 3 from House. No good. Back down 9 2 minutes later. Down 5 or 6 wide open 3 Cam no good. Down double digits a couple of minutes later. Fans screaming for foul shots after none in first half. Around 50 % in second half with numerous chances. Get close team comes down and gets 2, 3, 4 opportunities off offensive glass. We just don't make enough winning plays..
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago For those who blame all of the coaching on Archie, you do realize we have 5 assistant coaches and 2 grad assistants. These are the main 'teachers'. Archie delegates and these guys are supposed to teach and develop the players. As the head coach, you're going to have to take some blame, and deservedly so. But I don't see anybody questioning the guys who are supposed to be 'teaching' these kids.
Excellent point, 78.

Blaming the grad assistants? Come the hell on. That is pathetic to even bring up.

Biruta holds up a fucking white board with the defensive matchups for the game in the huddles.

Gimme a god damn break.

The Grad Assistants are way more hands on than you think they are. You’re going by seeing a white board.

More often than not, the GA’s are like a big
Bro/mentor for these guys. A LOT of off the court/behind the scenes support.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yeah...'elite developer'....miss that part?
Dude, he’s known more as a recruiter than player developer.

It’s pretty cut and dry.

Never did I say “he can’t develop players.”

All I said is he’s more of a recruiting assistant coach, which is a fact.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

6 years since we were relevant. Big crowd today considering our record. My section seems pretty jaded.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago

Of course I meant screen printed shirts.
Not blank.

SMFH.

My point is your calculation is way off. And yes…. there most definitely have been “tshirt sponsors” “this late in the season”.
You can’t get custom printed tshirts in bulk for $2. That’s moronic to even think that’s possible.

And saw the shirts today (got one). No sponsor on there, which means athletics paid for them.
I just looked up Port & Company tshirts. If you order 1,500 or more, the price is $1.32 a shirt. Can you get a screen printer to print the very basic printing the shirt has for $750 for 2,000 shirts? I bet you could. And who cares if Athletics pays for them?
Apparently Battle Homeboy does and is an expert on who pays for things.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ram1980 wrote: 2 months ago Just got home. Lots of traffic out of parking lot. Semi kidding. Brought granddaughters home after sleepover and game (big shout out to NYGfan_Section 208. Thanks for the tickets). Cumberland house of pizza for much needed pizza and fiddleheads . Kind of same old story for me. We just don't have IT. 2nd half got within 2 wide open 3 from House. No good. Back down 9 2 minutes later. Down 5 or 6 wide open 3 Cam no good. Down double digits a couple of minutes later. Fans screaming for foul shots after none in first half. Around 50 % in second half with numerous chances. Get close team comes down and gets 2, 3, 4 opportunities off offensive glass. We just don't make enough winning plays..

I have a bad sinus infection and knew I wouldn’t make it. Watched on CBSSN. Based on seeing this commentary, this is exactly how it looked on TV also.

Pizza sounds awesome right now 🍕
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago 6 years since we were relevant. Big crowd today considering our record. My section seems pretty jaded.
Little asterisk with the crowd/students today as it was the Greek Life game.

Had it not been, no chance there’s that many students.

Also you’re wrong saying it’s been 6 years.

We were relevant and in the tourney field late into the season and during the 2019/2020 year.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago 6 years since we were relevant. Big crowd today considering our record. My section seems pretty jaded.
It really has been six years. Yikes! 😬
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Loyola also landed one of the best shooting guard prospects in the country today... Danlil Glazkov. This team will be near the top of the A10 for years ..
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

It really has been six years. Yikes! 😬
Tough to say we weren’t relevant in 19/20.

We were projected in the field for a large portion of the season.

If you’re one of the 68 teams projected late into the season, to me that’s relevant.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago Loyola also landed one of the best shooting guard prospects in the country today... Danlil Glazkov. This team will be near the top of the A10 for years ..
But but but, I thought they were a bad addition because they were a “gym school”
0 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Obviously disappointed in the loss, not totally surprised, but hoping we would have been able to pull off the win.

Many here prior to the season were very critical of Valentine and Loyola, but he can coach, and his team plays hard.
Loyola may not be the most athletic team, but he knows how to utilize their talent.
They are also #1 in the conference in assists.

Both Alston and Adelekun aren't the tallest bigs, but they are very strong and have excellent footwork in the paint.
Also, freshman starting center Rubin (6'10") is one of the top shot blockers in the A10.

I actually thought Fuchs battled and showed decent effort, even though he was somewhat schooled on defense by the more experienced players.
Weston was our best player today and we need to continue to see more of him.

I too questioned some of the in-game decisions of Archie in making the proper adjustments, but who knows he is the HC.

Oh well on to Richmond.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago Loyola also landed one of the best shooting guard prospects in the country today... Danlil Glazkov. This team will be near the top of the A10 for years ..
But but but, I thought they were a bad addition because they were a “gym school”
So they finish second in the A10. And don't win the tournament. That team is sitting where 14 other A10 teams are. HOME. So did they help the conference? I mean, they are in second place with no chance of an at large bid. They were a quad 3 game for us at home.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

So they finish second in the A10. And don't win the tournament. That team is sitting where 14 other A10 teams are. HOME. So did they help the conference? I mean, they are in second place with no chance of an at large bid. They were a quad 3 game for us at home.
We’re the 8th ranked conference in America.

They are currently tied for 1st with Dayton.

So uh, yes, they have helped the conference.
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Did you just like your own post? They have a NET of 100+ They are a quad3 team. They haven't done jack shit.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago For those who blame all of the coaching on Archie, you do realize we have 5 assistant coaches and 2 grad assistants. These are the main 'teachers'. Archie delegates and these guys are supposed to teach and develop the players. As the head coach, you're going to have to take some blame, and deservedly so. But I don't see anybody questioning the guys who are supposed to be 'teaching' these kids.
Excellent point, 78.

Gimme a god damn break.

Gil's penmanship is perfectly legible from where we sit. It's definitely not him.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not a good day if you dislike Loyola......

On Sunday, On3 four-star No. 69 player in the 2024 On3 150, Daniil Glazkov announced his commitment to Loyola-Chicago. The 6-foot-4 guard from Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy is the Ramblers’ fourth commitment of the 2024 class and the second On3 four-star commitment this week. He joins the No. 76 player in the 2024 On3 150, Seifeldin Hendawy of the NBA Academy Africa.

How we got here
Daniil Glazkov is originally from Russia and moved to the United States prior to the high school season so he could play his final year of prep ball at Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy. For the last couple of seasons, Glazkov played for the Lokomotiv Kuban Youth Team.

Glazkov took official visits to Loyola-Chicago and Oregon State. Programs like Rutgers and LSU were involved as well. Loyola-Chicago got in on Glazkov early and received the first official visit. Head coach Drew Valentine and staff continued to build a relationship throughout the process.

Glazkov and Hendawy, a 6-foot-6 guard, join Loyola-Chicago early signees Temecula (CA) St. John Bosco PG Jack Turner and Houston (TX) Cypress Falls center Brayden Young in the class.

https://www.on3.com/college/loyola-chi- ... l-glazkov/
Last edited by ramster 2 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Did you just like your own post? They have a NET of 100+ They are a quad3 team. They haven't done jack shit.
lol yea man, definitely liked my own post! I care that much!

“They haven’t done jack shit”

Tied for 1st in the 8th best conference in America in their second season in said conference.

Two Top 100 recruits for next year, including a 4* today (your favorite).

You really don’t know anything man do ya
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Tied for 1st in the 8th best conference in America in their second season in said conference.

They have 11 wins in conference. You know who they beat? #15 twice, #13 once, #12 once, #11 once, #10 once, #9 once, #8 twice, #7 once and #5 once.

Real world beaters. I think it's great you try and pump them up.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

They have 11 wins in conference. You know who they beat? #15 twice, #13 once, #12 once, #11 once, #10 once, #9 once, #8 twice, #7 once and #5 once.

Real world beaters. I think it's great you try and pump them up.
No one is claiming they are world beaters, but you have to be impressed by their turn-around this season and the job Valentine has done.

If this was Rhody instead of Loyola, everyone here would be doing cartwheels and thinking Archie would be contending for A10 COY.
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I would LOVE to be in their shoes. They are playing their best basketball now... They have one of the best young coaches in the NCAA. Remember how positive we were when we won four straight this year? Imagine being 9-1 in our last 10 and 13-2 in our last 15... This board would be going absolutely nuts with excitement.

I don't get the hate. They went to the tournament in 2018, 2021, 2022. Sister Jean became nationally known. I believe they will return Watson, Dame, Dawson, Rubin with a loaded freshman class. Who knows who else they can land because they can recruit impactful players. Either way, they should be in the hunt for a bid next year and likely the next few years if Valentine sticks around. They are 100% good enough to land the automatic bid this year, too. With the way they are playing, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. They help make this a tougher conference. I'm happy the A10 brought them on.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago

I would LOVE to be in their shoes. They are playing their best basketball now... They have one of the best young coaches in the NCAA. Remember how positive we were when we won four straight this year? Imagine being 9-1 in our last 10 and 13-2 in our last 15... This board would be going absolutely nuts with excitement.

I don't get the hate. They went to the tournament in 2018, 2021, 2022. Sister Jean became nationally known. I believe they will return Watson, Dame, Dawson, Rubin with a loaded freshman class. Who knows who else they can land because they can recruit impactful players. Either way, they should be in the hunt for a bid next year and likely the next few years if Valentine sticks around. They are 100% good enough to land the automatic bid this year, too. With the way they are playing, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. They help make this a tougher conference. I'm happy the A10 brought them on.
Absolutely Stevey.
Also remember Alston was injured early in the season.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think it’s going to be over 10 long wait time
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

They seemed to be the most physical team we have played so far. Regardless of there size they imposed their will whenever they had to. Extremely aggressive across the board. Wouldn't mind watching that style of basketball night in and night out.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago That was an Archie loss.

I’m not sure what more needed to be seen - but going zero bigs when adelekun was abusing Fuchs and we were getting almost doubled up on the boards is wild.

To hear Archie talking about giving up offensive rebounding and not “having our guys ready” to rebound…THEN MAKE A FUCKING SUBSTITUTION.

No Foumena the second half was deplorable. Cant imagine he’ll be here next year. Fuck this. Fuck everything. We’re a cursed people why do I continue to do this to myself.
In Foumena's first half stint he was not ready to contribute. I did not need to see him in the second half.
I'm also not seeing the reason for the Fou-steria. Just haven't. David Fuchs is not a Naismith finalist, but he's not at all the problem here either.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Help the conference ? It’s a no from me, TBR.

Help the conf get more NCAA bids ? That’s a no, so far. But, they are not yet 2yrs in. Maybe they will eventually.

Another conf mouth to feed ? Yes.

Make KB more miserable when we lose to them ? Yes. Lol!

Nothing against Loyola. Loyola is a good program. Probably the best available to add at the time. But, imho, it didn’t make sense adding another team to what is turning into a 1 bid conference mostly ( 2 some years if the conf catches some breaks).

Yes, I get it that the conf leadership committee added them. But then, all these administrators are part of the same larger group of college administrators that have screwed up college athletics so, I don’t have much faith in their decision making process.

Yes, we have not been doing our part the past 6 years on behalf of the conference either. But, we are a longtime member that has had success adding NCAAT credits and notable NCAAT runs to benefit the A10. We just need to get our ass in gear to compete at the top of the conference. Easier said than done, it appears.

That said, If we - the A10 - were at 10-11 teams in the A10 and we wanted to add them, I’d be all for it.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

It’s a no from me, TBR.

Help the conf get more NCAA bids ? That’s a no, so far.

Make KB more miserable when we lose to them ? Yes.

Loyola is a good program. Probably the best available to add at the time. But, imho, it didn’t make sense adding another team to what is turning into a 1 bid conference mostly ( 2 some years if the conf catches some breaks).

Yes, I get it that the conf leadership committee added them. But then, all these administrators are the part of the same group that have screwed up college athletics so, I don’t have much faith in their decision making process.

Yes, we have not been doing our part the past 6 years on behalf of the conference either. But, we are a longtime member that has had success adding NCAAT credits and notable NCAAT runs to benefit the A10. We just need to get our ass in gear to compete at the top of the conference. Easier said than done, it appears.

That said, If we were at 10-11 teams in the A10 and we wanted to add them, I’d be all for it.
Totally disagree.

The addition made 100% sense and all those involved knew it.

This subject here has been beaten to death and since they are in it is a moot point.
1 x
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BattleTested »

I just looked up Port & Company tshirts. If you order 1,500 or more, the price is $1.32 a shirt. Can you get a screen printer to print the very basic printing the shirt has for $750 for 2,000 shirts? I bet you could. And who cares if Athletics pays for them?
Wouldn’t say I’m an expert…just have common sense. Something a lot of you tend to lack
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago

It’s a no from me, TBR.

Loyola is a good program. Probably the best available to add at the time. But, imho, it didn’t make sense adding another team to what is turning into a 1 bid conference mostly ( 2 some years if the conf catches some breaks).

Yes, I get it that the conf leadership committee added them. But then, all these administrators are the part of the same group that have screwed up college athletics so, I don’t have much faith in their decision making process.

That said, If we were at 10-11 teams in the A10 and we wanted to add them, I’d be all for it.
Totally disagree.

This subject here has been beaten to death and since they are in it is a moot point.
I knew you would disagree 100%, Jersey. But, you are still one of my favorite, most respected posters. :D

We can agree to disagree on the issue of adding a 15th team to a 1 bid conference (2 if lucky) as currently trending.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

It’s a no from me, TBR.

Totally disagree.

I knew you would disagree 100%, Jersey. But, you are still one of my favorite, most respected posters. :D

We can agree to disagree on the issue of adding a 15th team to a 1 bid conference (2 if lucky) as currently trending.
Thanks JD, that is fair.

We are currently only 1 bid because the coaches need to up their game.
Besides with a Dayton loss in the A10T, which is very possible, we get 2 teams in.
Aside from that, most insiders are aware of how tough the A10 is.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

I feel like Cam hit the freshman wall. I constantly see him lose his guy on defense thinking there is going to be a switch on a screen when no one else does and it leaves a wide open 3 every time. I look forward to him spending the offseason figuring things out and learning the defensive scheme.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 months ago I feel like Cam hit the freshman wall. I constantly see him lose his guy on defense thinking there is going to be a switch on a screen when no one else does and it leaves a wide open 3 every time. I look forward to him spending the offseason figuring things out and learning the defensive scheme.
RhodyKyle, if you haven’t watched or read the Pack-line D (also known as sagging man to man) vid’s and article in hrstrat57’s Packline Explained thread, I highly recommend adding it to your offseason reading & watching (note: there is a part 2 to the vid 57 posted that should be watched too).

I have watched both vids and read the article. Good stuff. Our breakdowns on D jump out at me now after reading and watching what 57 posted. The good D plays do too - they just happen less often than the bad ones, unfortunately.

A big thanks to 57 for posting that thread !
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Wouldn’t say I’m an expert…just have common sense. Something a lot of you tend to lack
Sarcasm went way over your dome. 😆
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It’s a no from me, TBR.

Totally disagree.

Agree , I like you was 100 % for them @ the time and are happy they are in the league
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

reef wrote: 2 months ago

It’s a no from me, TBR.

Totally disagree.

Agree , I like you was 100 % for them @ the time and are happy they are in the league
Not another respected poster! Reef! You too ?

The horror…the horror.

If this keeps up, I may have to re-think my position of adding a 15th team - like the A10 conference did - being a bad idea.

Nah. Can’t do it. Still a bad idea. :D
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sarcasm went way over your dome. 😆
That tends to happen when someone feels they must tell you that they have common sense.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Totally disagree.

The horror…the horror.

If this keeps up, I may have to re-think my position of adding a 15th team - like the A10 conference did - being a bad idea.

I think there are 2 questions here.
1. Should the A10 Management have added a 15th team and should they even add a 16th team as Commissioner McGlade has stated is her intention?
2. If decision was to add a 15th team should it have been Loyola of Chicago?
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 2 months ago

The horror…the horror.

I think there are 2 questions here.
1. Should the A10 Management have added a 15th team and should they even add a 16th team as Commissioner McGlade has stated is her intention?
2. If decision was to add a 15th team should it have been Loyola of Chicago?
Good post, Ramster.

My answer to your questions are:

1. No and No. 14 teams were more than enough. Please not a 16th!

2. Yes. I can live with Loyola in the conference. Was there a better, interested program at the time ? I don’t recall any being rumored in the media at the time. Hopefully, Loyola can add NCAAT credits in the future in addition to us and others.

Imho, the A10 needs a minimum of 3 teams in the NCAAT each year with at least one of them surviving to the second round to financially justify 15 teams otherwise the conf is just throwing crap at the wall and hoping that something sticks.

That’s what I see from where I sit, fwiw.

Like Jersey posted (I am paraphrasing) earlier…the A10 coaches need to get their asses moving. NCAAT or bust.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Fuchs just has no motor and don’t see that getting better.

Multiple possessions first half where Loyola had repeated offensive rebounds with Fuchs stand ing at the top of the key not doing anything.

Can’t teach effort/motor and Fuchs just doesn’t have it.

Can score around the hoop and when he’s in position he can rebound, just minimal effort put in too often.
Hey don’t say that he’s a double double machine! Dont ever question Fuchs as a player! If he bricks a three that he shouldn’t take, he can do it again and stay in! Better not do that if you’re Foumena though!

The fact that we got outrebounded because guys were gassed and Archie refused to play our bigs more than 5 mins a piece is disgusting.

I’m sad. I think we’re just a cursed program, God threw us a lifeline with Hurley, we squandered it, and now we just have to adjust that we’ll never go to an NCAA ever again. This is so fucking stupid.
Yeah imagine not utilizing your more athletic, higher motor 6'11 center against a couple 6'6 guys.

Bold strategy cotton!
Foumena got in the game with 6 minutes left in the 1st half. After being in for 1 minute he put up a 3 Pointer from the top of the key. He played 5 minutes and Miller pulled him with a minute left in the half.
No statistics in the 5 minutes other than 0-1 3P
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Poor rebounding and boxing out all day . Putrid free throw shooting AGAIN . Poor defense under the hoop . minus all of that they played okay and
should have been in the game all the way , but you just can't shoot 59% from the line and expect to beat hardly anybody . At least there was progress
on the turnover front with only 8 Something has to be done about the free throw shooting . I hope the freshmen coming in can shoot free throws .
whomever they bring in for next season , they better be excellent free throw shooters because missed free throws have taken them out of many games .
2 x