2/18 | Loyola Chicago | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Re: 2/18 | Loyola Chicago | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by BattleTested »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Even if they put white shirts on the whole lower level and 200 sections that would work.

1K is just hilariously half assed yet so on brand.
You’re always going to find something to complain about aren’t you??
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

BattleTested wrote: 2 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

ok...dumbest idea ever, to limit to x# fans.
IMO...you can't have a true (insert color here)-out...unless you give everyone a shirt. Just thinking...

If you really want to have a white out...give "everyone that comes to the game" a white shirt.
Be ready with 5,000 of them, you should be good. If 3,000 show, shoot the rest of em into the crowd in the NPMOM (I love that part) over the last few games. Or, have cheerleaders chuck 'em or give 'em to the few remaining ruckus-ers...

Can I patent this?

#canthaveacoloroutwithoutgivingthecolorout

ETAA...

I told Mrs 208 about this...she said, they shouldn't call it a "white out", they should call it a "1,000 shirt white out".
I thought that was pretty funny, and told her I was going to post that. Then she said, "they should make them (the 1,000) all sit together"
Apparently we're hurting for cash right now.....then again, one of the sponsors usually do these, like Newport Propane....maybe not selling enough propane this winter.

Orr…and hear me out on this…everyone complaining could try actually SHOWING UP TO GAME ON TIME… if you actually did that, you probably would get a tshirt. I appreciate the athletic department still trying to do stuff, I’m guessing tshirts are not cheap. Say around $4/shirt x 5000, $20,000 is a lot to swallow.
Not sure how 'SHOWING UP TO GAME ON TIME' guarantees everyone a shirt?
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Apparently we're hurting for cash right now.....then again, one of the sponsors usually do these, like Newport Propane....maybe not selling enough propane this winter.

Orr…and hear me out on this…everyone complaining could try actually SHOWING UP TO GAME ON TIME… if you actually did that, you probably would get a tshirt. I appreciate the athletic department still trying to do stuff, I’m guessing tshirts are not cheap. Say around $4/shirt x 5000, $20,000 is a lot to swallow.
Not sure how 'SHOWING UP TO GAME ON TIME' actually gets you in to see the tip off, much less a tshirt.
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

IMO...you can't have a true (insert color here)-out...unless you give everyone a shirt. Just thinking...

If you really want to have a white out...give "everyone that comes to the game" a white shirt.
Be ready with 5,000 of them, you should be good. If 3,000 show, shoot the rest of em into the crowd in the NPMOM (I love that part) over the last few games. Or, have cheerleaders chuck 'em or give 'em to the few remaining ruckus-ers...

Can I patent this?

ETAA...

I told Mrs 208 about this...she said, they shouldn't call it a "white out", they should call it a "1,000 shirt white out".
I thought that was pretty funny, and told her I was going to post that. Then she said, "they should make them (the 1,000) all sit together"

For bulk apparel you can get these tshirts for about $2 a pop. Times 5000 that leaves you at $10k. Plus the fact athletics has contracts in place already with suppliers. Combined with the fact these tshirts typically have sponsor logos on it— $20k is a huge overestimate and peanuts to swallow. Tshirt giveaways are a standard.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Can I patent this?

ETAA...

Ya everyone does show up on time and then security takes 7 years to get through for no reason
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Even if they put white shirts on the whole lower level and 200 sections that would work.

1K is just hilariously half assed yet so on brand.
You’re always going to find something to complain about aren’t you??
Lol like I was the only one.
0 x
Go Rhody
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Can I patent this?

ETAA...

I wonder what our concession gross and net are when there are 5,000 fans at the game. ??
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

McRam wrote: 2 months ago

I wonder what our concession gross and net are when there are 5,000 fans at the game. ??
I've wondered about that as well. It can't be that much relatively speaking. What do you think the % of people at the game that purchase food and/or beverage are? 10% maybe?
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago

I've wondered about that as well. It can't be that much relatively speaking. What do you think the % of people at the game that purchase food and/or beverage are? 10% maybe?
At halftime, 10% sounds about right. Meaning 10% of the people trying to buy a beer actually get one.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago

Attendance doesn't impact sales at the Ry like in the regular world. Right now, with the 3K-4K crowds, and staffing like there was 1500-2000, they are selling everything they can at max capacity. Just because more people would be there, doesn't mean they're going to be selling any more of anything....
1 x
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago

Not sure how 'SHOWING UP TO GAME ON TIME' actually gets you in to see the tip off, much less a tshirt.
You could try not getting to the parking lot 10 minutes before the game and expecting to get to your seat by tipoff. It’s incredible to me how the arena is always half empty when the team runs out. You complain that it’s because security moves slow, but it’s never taken me more than 10 minutes to get through the door.
0 x
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 months ago

For bulk apparel you can get these tshirts for about $2 a pop. Times 5000 that leaves you at $10k. Plus the fact athletics has contracts in place already with suppliers. Combined with the fact these tshirts typically have sponsor logos on it— $20k is a huge overestimate and peanuts to swallow. Tshirt giveaways are a standard.
So you’re just gonna give out blank white tshirts? Yea those would be $2 a pop. I’m assuming you would actually want something printed on them?
My guess is they didn’t have a sponsor who was able to foot the bill this late in the year. If I get there and see a sponsor logo on the shirts, then I’ll retract my statement and be annoyed.
0 x
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago

Ya everyone does show up on time and then security takes 7 years to get through for no reason
A) that is wildly inaccurate

B) if waiting 10 minutes is too much for you, go over to the south lobby. It’s always almost no wait time, because everyone tries to come in the North
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

You could try not getting to the parking lot 10 minutes before the game and expecting to get to your seat by tipoff. It’s incredible to me how the arena is always half empty when the team runs out. You complain that it’s because security moves slow, but it’s never taken me more than 10 minutes to get through the door.
Maybe PPT is different, but in Excel, a thousand shirts is a thousand shirts no matter what time you show up.

The point is still ... #canthaveacoloroutwithoutgivingthecolorout

ETA: I don't think 10 minutes from the lot to your seat should be considered unreasonable. It's not like you have to trek the Mall of America to get there. What do you suggest?
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 months ago
ramster wrote: 2 months ago

Me thinks you should ask Mrs 208 questions more often. We need some new ideas.
I did think that, "they should all sit together" was brilliant....
Saint Louis (9-15, 2-9 A-10) welcomes the VCU Rams (16-8, 8-3 A-10) to Chaifetz Arena on Friday night for the Billiken Blizzard. Game time is 6 p.m.
Free Billiken Blizzard t-shirts will be distributed to all fans, courtesy of Summer at SLU and KMOX. Billiken fans are encouraged to wear white to the game. Also, the popular act "Zooperstars" will perform at halftime.
Friday's game will be televised on ESPN2 as part of the A-10/ESPN Friday Night Showcase. Mike Corey and Dalen Cuff have the call.
KMOX 1120 AM serves as the Home for Billiken Basketball on the radio. Billiken Hall of Famers and longtime SLU men's basketball radio partners Bob Ramsey and Earl Austin Jr. will the call the action for all SLU games, both at home and on the road.
College basketball on the radio? Like, a regular radio station? Wow, that must be so cool, convenient, easy...
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Once again, don't the sponsors pay for the t-shirts?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Assuming you need an upgraded cable package or extra streaming service for this game?
0 x
GO RAMS
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

DG on the floor shooting during warm-ups. Hopefully a good sign.. participating fully
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Maybe PPT is different, but in Excel, a thousand shirts is a thousand shirts no matter what time you show up.

The point is still ... #canthaveacoloroutwithoutgivingthecolorout

ETA: I don't think 10 minutes from the lot to your seat should be considered unreasonable. It's not like you have to trek the Mall of America to get there. What do you suggest?
The arena is half full mist all games. Holds 8000 and there are typically 3500 to 4500 actual bodies in seats - don’t go by the reported numbers.
I don’t think all that many people are coming into the arena after the National Anthem. No different than any other arena.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Once again, don't the sponsors pay for the t-shirts?
5,382 at St Louis vs VCU game. All got a T—Shirt and surely they had a bunch left over since the commitment was all would get one

Not sure if promotion was on back of shirt but front had no promo

Travis Ford promoted the Auto dealer who sponsored. Whether this Auto Dealer paid for all the T-Shirts I don’t know for sure but my guess would be Bommarito Auto Paid for them and they also get the HC promoting them
IMG_2299.png
IMG_2298.png
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Dg warming up
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago Assuming you need an upgraded cable package or extra streaming service for this game?
It's on national TV, CBSSN, assuming you have that channel with your provider. I know it comes standard with ours (YouTube TV).
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

No easy back door baskets by Loyola and we will be there at the end
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Daughter is in line at North entrance it's backed up to the end of the concrete walkway. That's bad.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Green starting. Chance for a really nice win today!
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Is there a specific link on TuneIn? When I click on the link on the first post it goes to the main page. I can’t find the game.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Good intensity from Rhody to start the game. 👍🏼
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

SandorClegane wrote: 2 months ago Is there a specific link on TuneIn? When I click on the link on the first post it goes to the main page. I can’t find the game.
You could also try "The Varsity Network" app, should have radio...
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago Good intensity from Rhody to start the game. 👍🏼
Agreed, the energy is definitely there on both ends of the floor so far!
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

3 of our players covering 1 guy in the post and no one runs out to contest a wide open wing 3 ! The Loyola player had all day to shoot the 3. WTH !

Bad breakdown on D. I am confident the players aren’t coached to do that. Dumb basketball on that particular play. Clean it up, guys!
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

We are so soft inside
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Loyola does look pretty tough inside gotta give them some credit there. And we're Charmin.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago We are so soft inside
We certainly were on that sequence against Alston,
Red.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Loyola plays really hard, that's been impressive so far. The question is can we match it for a full 40 minutes...
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Loyola is such a well-coached team. Man they are impressive. Also a tough day for the Fuchs haters so far.. He's one of the only players matching Loyola's intensity.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Tee shirt fail.

Team seems to stall with Estevez handling the ball. Weird.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Their physical D is starting to give us problems. We are starting to force bad shots.

Loyola doesn’t wow me but they are physical, disciplined on D and with rebounding and do enough on O to win. Very solid team.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Excellent hustle from Weston getting back on D for the steal!
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Gotta keep up the intensity here.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

I seem to remember recruiting Dame
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

As physical as Loyola plays D, they haven’t put us on the line yet. Make that the whole 1st half. That’s impressive.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

To paraphrase an old Canadian hockey coach, on defense we look like a bunch of dogs chasing a bitch in heat
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Our defense is awful ! How many east baskets are we going to give up ?
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Loyola much better team all around. The Rams looking confused.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Zek still ice cold

Sad
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

This is what Loyola does. If you make any mistake, they will take advantage. They will wear you down. They will make you take and make tough shots. They are a very good team. We aren't even playing that badly; they are better than us. They play exactly how I thought we would play under Archie. They remind me of the Dayton teams under Archie, which would drive me nuts. How many terrible forced 3s have we taken? I'm unsure how we win unless we get red hot from 3 like Umass.

Loyola is a great addition to this league.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

reef wrote: 2 months ago Our defense is awful ! How many east baskets are we going to give up ?
I actually think we are playing pretty well defensively. There were a lot of times when Loyola tried to run the fast break, and we did a great job getting back on D. But we had a few minutes here and there where our offense was terrible, and our D sucked. That's the difference between a top A10 team and us. We are still in this game. Let's see if Archie can make some adjustments and try to get us some easier shots. I would try to get Weston in the Iso a little more. His man seemed to have some issues sticking with him.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago We are so soft inside
Especially when Zek is in for Green .
We certainly were on that sequence against Alston,
Red.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Loyola is 13-21 from 2 getting what they want
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

At least we didn't miss any free throws
0 x