State of the A10

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

State of the A10

Unread post by sbrand »

Hey guys. I have Michael Bergman, the digital creator for the A10 on the next podcast. Do you have any questions?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: State of the A10

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

sbrand wrote: 3 months ago Hey guys. I have Michael Bergman, the digital creator for the A10 on the next podcast. Do you have any questions?
The A10 does digital?
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Is he prepared to admit the A10's bias against the University of Rhode Island and explain why Yuta Wantanabe was named DPOY over Stan Robinson in 2018 amongst many other award gaffes?
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

I don’t know if I want to go that specific. The truth is the A10 has been favoring other schools since its incarnation.
1 x
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

Btw. I double posts so if someone can delete the one below that would be great. Sorry.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

How do the member schools rank in terms of fans' participation on social media?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Is this digital content on Varsity Sports?

Also, how much money does this digital content bring in to member schools each year?

Edit: I rescind my questions. A10Talk is not even worth crapping on.
Last edited by theblueram 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Him and some other A10 numb skull called our fan base apathetic and drunk…prior to us rattling off 3 straight and still outdrawing more than half the league in terms of attendance. His opinion is worth diddly.
4 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago Him and some other A10 numb skull called our fan base apathetic and drunk…prior to us rattling off 3 straight and still outdrawing more than half the league in terms of attendance. His opinion is worth diddly.
He works for the A10 and is saying stuff like that on social media about member schools?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now that he writes for A10 Talk and is not an A10 employee. Makes a lot more sense now!
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

sbrand wrote: 3 months ago Hey guys. I have Michael Bergman, the digital creator for the A10 on the next podcast. Do you have any questions?
Scott, really need to start getting the names and titles of these people correct for clarity. It’s happened multiple times. Appreciate all the content as always, but really need to nail down who these people are.

Michael Bergman is not the digital creator for the A10.

Michael Bergman runs the social and digital for the Twitter/X account @A10talk. Basically an A10 blog with multiple contributors who don’t really know all too much.

Being the digital creator of the A10 and being a content creator for an A10 fan made Twitter/X account is a massive massive difference.
5 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago
Scott, really need to start getting the names and titles of these people correct for clarity. It’s happened multiple times. Appreciate all the content as always, but really need to nail down who these people are.

Michael Bergman runs the social and digital for the Twitter/X account @A10talk. Basically an A10 blog with multiple contributors who don’t really know all too much.

Being the digital creator of the A10 and being a content creator for an A10 fan made Twitter/X account is a massive massive difference.
In that case ask him if he ever watches A10 basketball or just Richmond.

He sucks and so does A10 talk.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago

In that case ask him if he ever watches A10 basketball or just Richmond.

He sucks and so does A10 talk.
My favorite part of that account is them having the Rhody “beat writer” be a University of Miami graduate.
3 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Well, there is some show content, again who is he?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Well, there is some show content, again who is he?
I posted who he is, look 4 posts above this one.

Nobody really noteworthy or worth the time.
Last edited by Rhody15 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Scott do us a favor and don't post this podcast here.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

sbrand wrote: 3 months ago
Hey guys. I have Michael Bergman, the digital creator for the A10 on the next podcast. Do you have any questions?

Thanks Scott,

Here are my questions:

1. What does Michael and anyone else he knows in the A10 group think the best way to move the A10 Forward is?
2. Will the A10 be adding a 16th team as Commissioner McGlade has alluded to in the past after Loyola was added?
3. What does he and others think about the addition of Loyola?
4. What ever happened to the A10 vs Mountain West Challenge that was agreed to prior to Covid? Will this ever take place? Is the A10 Commissioner McGlade working on another Challenge between the A10 and ????
5. Mountain West Conference has strengthened since the A10 vs MWC Challenge was discussed while the A10 has continued a downward trend.

Currently both A10 and MWC have 2 teams in 200+
MWC has 4 teams under 30 NET and 6 teams under 55 NET
A10 has only Dayton at 15 NET. Next closest is Richmond at a distant 72.

What is MWC doing that A10 is not? What is Commissioner McGlade and her team doing to address this poor A10 performance?
Mountain West NET:

20-San Diego State
24-New Mexico
27-Colorado State
28-Utah State
50 Boise State
55-Nevada

84-UNLV
170-San Jose State
180-Wyoming
240 Fresno State
242-Air Force

A10 NET

15-Dayton
72-Richmond
75-St Bonaventure
82-St Joseph's
83-George Mason
86-UMASS
91-VCU
100-Duquesne
120-Loyola
131-Davidson
144-George Washington
192-Fordham
199-URI

213-LaSalle
214-St Louis

6.Last March at the Friday Media Day St Louis Head Coach Travis Ford spoke to have the A10 was not being treated fairly in NET and in the At-Large Selection process. I have never heard Commissioner McGlade say anything about the conversion from RPI to NET or ever challenged the NET like Travis Ford did last March. Seems many might be afraid to challenge the NET in that it might hurt their selection chances with the Committee.

What are your thoughts on the NET implementation making fewer A10 Teams in the hunt or under possible consideration since NET numbers are so poor for the A10?

NET vs RPI

Dayton has a RPI of 3 with Purdue #1 and Tennessee #2. Dayton was #4 prior to beating URI badly on Saturday
George Mason RPI 45 and UMASS RPI 46 would make them solid candidates for NCAA At-Large bids but NET puts the A10 closest At-Large team at only 72 Richmond.

Dayton NET 15 / RPI 3
Richmond NET 75 / RPI 72
St Bonaventure NET 75 / RPI 143
St Joseph's NET 82 / RPI 104
George Mason NET 83 / RPI 45
UMASS NET 86 / RPI 46
VCU NET 91 / RPI 121

7. What are back up plans for when UMASS departs the A10 for a FBS Football Conference? What are the back up plays for if Dayton leaves the A10 Conference for higher ground?

8. How does it work with rewarding the Top Tier Teams in scheduling 4 A10 Teams twice the following year and in not rewarding the Bottom Tier Teams by having them play the bottom teams twice the following year? Is that really fair for the standings and ultimate seeding in the A10 Tournament?

9. What are the benefits of taking Friday off in the A10 Tournament? What are the disadvantages of not playing Friday?

10. Where does the A10 plan to play the end of season Tournament the next 5 years? Will the Championship game remain on Sunday regardless of whether we play in Barclay's Brooklyn, Washington DC, other sites?

Thanks
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 3 months ago

Thanks Scott,

Here are my questions:

1. What does Michael and anyone else he knows in the A10 group think the best way to move the A10 Forward is?
2. Will the A10 be adding a 16th team as Commissioner McGlade has alluded to in the past after Loyola was added?
4. What ever happened to the A10 vs Mountain West Challenge that was agreed to prior to Covid? Will this ever take place? Is the A10 Commissioner McGlade working on another Challenge between the A10 and ????
5. Mountain West Conference has strengthened since the A10 vs MWC Challenge was discussed while the A10 has continued a downward trend.

What is MWC doing that A10 is not? What is Commissioner McGlade and her team doing to address this poor A10 performance?
Mountain West NET:

20-San Diego State
24-New Mexico
27-Colorado State
28-Utah State
50 Boise State
55-Nevada

84-UNLV
170-San Jose State
180-Wyoming
240 Fresno State
242-Air Force

A10 NET

15-Dayton
72-Richmond
75-St Bonaventure
82-St Joseph's
83-George Mason
86-UMASS
91-VCU
100-Duquesne
120-Loyola
131-Davidson
144-George Washington
192-Fordham
199-URI

213-LaSalle
214-St Louis

6.Last March at the Friday Media Day St Louis Head Coach Travis Ford spoke to have the A10 was not being treated fairly in NET and in the At-Large Selection process. I have never heard Commissioner McGlade say anything about the conversion from RPI to NET or ever challenged the NET like Travis Ford did last March. Seems many might be afraid to challenge the NET in that it might hurt their selection chances with the Committee.

What are your thoughts on the NET implementation making fewer A10 Teams in the hunt or under possible consideration since NET numbers are so poor for the A10?

NET vs RPI

Dayton has a RPI of 3 with Purdue #1 and Tennessee #2. Dayton was #4 prior to beating URI badly on Saturday
George Mason RPI 45 and UMASS RPI 46 would make them solid candidates for NCAA At-Large bids but NET puts the A10 closest At-Large team at only 72 Richmond.

Dayton NET 15 / RPI 3
Richmond NET 75 / RPI 72
UMASS NET 86 / RPI 46
VCU NET 91 / RPI 121

7. What are back up plans for when UMASS departs the A10 for a FBS Football Conference? What are the back up plays for if Dayton leaves the A10 Conference for higher ground?

8. How does it work with rewarding the Top Tier Teams in scheduling 4 A10 Teams twice the following year and in not rewarding the Bottom Tier Teams by having them play the bottom teams twice the following year? Is that really fair for the standings and ultimate seeding in the A10 Tournament?

9. What are the benefits of taking Friday off in the A10 Tournament? What are the disadvantages of not playing Friday?

10. Where does the A10 plan to play the end of season Tournament the next 5 years? Will the Championship game remain on Sunday regardless of whether we play in Barclay's Brooklyn, Washington DC, other sites?

Thanks

If he asks the blogger dude all these questions, and he answers, it might be pretty funny...
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago

Thanks Scott,

Here are my questions:

Mountain West NET:

20-San Diego State
24-New Mexico
27-Colorado State
28-Utah State
50 Boise State
55-Nevada

84-UNLV
170-San Jose State
180-Wyoming
240 Fresno State
242-Air Force

A10 NET

15-Dayton
72-Richmond
75-St Bonaventure
82-St Joseph's
83-George Mason
86-UMASS
91-VCU
100-Duquesne
120-Loyola
131-Davidson
144-George Washington
192-Fordham
199-URI

213-LaSalle
214-St Louis

NET vs RPI

Dayton NET 15 / RPI 3
Richmond NET 75 / RPI 72
UMASS NET 86 / RPI 46
VCU NET 91 / RPI 121

Thanks

If he asks the blogger dude all these questions, and he answers, it might be pretty funny...

and as always, Scott can pick and choose what questions he wants to ask. Maybe he doesn't want to ask any of them. Just trying to help.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Thing is you could ask a random person at Home Depot those questions and their answers would be as credible as this guys. He has no access, no inside knowledge. He knows as much as a light pole about the questions you posed.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago Thing is you could ask a random person at Home Depot those questions and their answers would be as credible as this guys. He has no access, no inside knowledge. He knows as much as a light pole about the questions you posed.
That's why I said what I said...it could be entertaining
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago Thing is you could ask a random person at Home Depot those questions and their answers would be as credible as this guys. He has no access, no inside knowledge. He knows as much as a light pole about the questions you posed.
So fine. Just trash the guy. That is your choice and seems to be the same with all other responses. Nobody has any true questions at this point for Scott to ask.

All I did was provide questions for Scott to ask in the interview he has set up. If Scott chooses to cancel the interview based on how most here seem to feel then maybe he can use my questions for someone else.

Maybe the questions will provide a basis for some at A10 Talk to go forward with in the future to the A10 Powers that be.

And not how the Mountain West has moved well past the A10 and has bad performing teams at the bottom of the standings. Here we spend an eternity blaming LaSalle, Fordham, Duquesne and Loyola for the majority of our shortcomings. Maybe we should look in the mirror or look at what the Mountain West has done with 4-6 possibilities for NCAA Bids.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

So fine. Just trash the guy. That is your choice and seems to be the same with all other responses. Nobody has any true questions at this point for Scott to ask.

All I did was provide questions for Scott to ask in the interview he has set up. If Scott chooses to cancel the interview based on how most here seem to feel then maybe he can use my questions for someone else.

Maybe the questions will provide a basis for some at A10 Talk to go forward with in the future to the A10 Powers that be.

And not how the Mountain West has moved well past the A10 and has bad performing teams at the bottom of the standings. Here we spend an eternity blaming LaSalle, Fordham, Duquesne and Loyola for the majority of our shortcomings. Maybe we should look in the mirror or look at what the Mountain West has done with 4-6 possibilities for NCAA Bids.
Ramster your questions were good ones. Just not for this guy.
2 x
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

Hey guys,

One thing I take pride in is owning my mistakes i.e. the John Banner flub.

And yes, I unknowingly misrepresented my guest who is not affiliated with the A10. That was lazy on my part. Should have researched more thoroughly before putting it out here.

And yes the podcast didn’t meet my standards. Hence, it was never published.

Having said that, I am working on some exciting episodes moving forward and always appreciate your interest and support.

Now back to business. We can definitely win today. Maybe we are turning the corner.

Cheers Scott Brand
3 x