2/6 | George Washington | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/6 | George Washington | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago
Matt Keebler wrote: 2 months ago This Aged Well!
I mean, that tweet was just stating a fact. Can’t really argue with it.

BAR posted earlier too that the first four minutes seemed like the same ole shit.
Defending your brother, eh?
Yea man definitely, you caught me.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

BAR posted earlier too that the first four minutes seemed like the same ole shit.
And don't try denying it.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

And don't try denying it.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Clown show you are.

We just had a very good road win and here you are starting shit for absolutely zero reason.

You also couldn’t be further from the truth, but that’s neither here nor there.

Tremendous.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago Weston is gonna win that hustle award if we pull this out
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 2 months ago
section(105) wrote: 2 months ago .500 in conference, I/ll take it.
I feel like most of us are frustrated because our conf record should be better. A few very winnable games that we lost on the defensive end!
22, periodically I look back at the past games by the schedule that we lost and think we should have won this one, that one etc. I end up getting myself really frustrated over things that can’t change. I try not to do it anymore. I cut look back bait. Hopefully I stick with it.
I'm gonna try that too.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago .500 in conference, I/ll take it.
I feel like most of us are frustrated because our conf record should be better. A few very winnable games that we lost on the defensive end!
22, periodically I look back at the past games by the schedule that we lost and think we should have won this one, that one etc. I end up getting myself really frustrated over things that can’t change. I try not to do it anymore. I cut look back bait. Hopefully I stick with it.
I'm not sure what games URI fans can look back at say URI should've won. The Fordham game? Fordham shoots 9 of 25 from the FT line. If they shoot their season average, then Rhody loses by 10.

What other games are folks thinking they should've won? By "should've," I mean URI outplayed/outexecuted/outperformed their opponent. Don't say they should've beaten Brown b/c they rolled the balls out and URI "should be better" most of the time. Who played better? Who deserved to win?

Most of the losses this year have been by double-figures.
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

The defense finally tightened up at the three point line for the last 30 minutes . I didn't see anyone mention the officiating tonight . I thought it was
a factor in a positive way . From my perspective , URI has not been getting the calls on drives to the hoop all season . Tonight they got numerous calls
on drives and finished their shots most of the time and added an and one several times . Nothing more I hate to hear is "The refs are letting them play ." Translation : Fouls are just being ignored . That type of game really hurts the good shooters and rewards the teams that can't shoot . We
did not see that tonight and i hope we don't see it again . It's basketball , not football . Why does anyone want to watch a rock fight ? My version of let the players play is play by the rules without arbitrary calls when the ref feels like it . The rules now say that a fouls should be called when a player gains an advantage from the contact . I've played a lot of basketball and I don't remember too many times when a foul had no effect on an offensive play .
I enjoyed watching them let the players get rewarded for beating the defense tonight.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Zek has that confidence up after a game like this so if we are @ full strength would like to see as starters
D Green
Zek
Fuchs
Luis
Jaden

Off bench
Cam
B Weston
T Brown
Foumena

That’s a 9 man rotation and Always would be the 10th man
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 months ago

I'm not sure what games URI fans can look back at say URI should've won. The Fordham game? Fordham shoots 9 of 25 from the FT line. If they shoot their season average, then Rhody loses by 10.

What other games are folks thinking they should've won? By "should've," I mean URI outplayed/outexecuted/outperformed their opponent. Don't say they should've beaten Brown b/c they rolled the balls out and URI "should be better" most of the time. Who played better? Who deserved to win?

I think you're missing the point here.. Correct me if I'm wrong, Jd, but I think he's talking about how he felt before the games, not what happened in the games. To say we can't say we should beat Brown is nuts to me.. We all know why we lost that game and what happened in the game. We discussed it in the specific game thread. We were at home. We were favored. I believe the line was -7 right before the game. We, without question, should have won that game...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago Zek looks like he wants to score. Keep that going boy.
If this game gets him out of his funk, Green being out may be a blessing in disguise. I also thought Weston looked good on both ends.
Catching up on the thread from last night as I missed the first half. I believe it was Jimmy Patsos doing the color, and he made a similar point. He said sometimes a leading scorer/star player being out can work out in the short term as guys will step up. As he said obviously it isn't good in the longer term, especially if the guys like the player and feel like they need him to win, but for a game or two as you pointed out it can allow others to step up and make plays.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

:oops:
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 months ago

I think you're missing the point here.. Correct me if I'm wrong, Jd, but I think he's talking about how he felt before the games, not what happened in the games. To say we can't say we should beat Brown is nuts to me.. We all know why we lost that game and what happened in the game. We discussed it in the specific game thread. We were at home. We were favored. I believe the line was -7 right before the game. We, without question, should have won that game...

Main goal this year was to finish top half of the league so we had something to build on next year. I am disappointed because I think we threw away some winnable games and could be closer to the top, but right now at 6th in the league we are in a good position to end up top half.
3 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Matt Keebler wrote: 2 months ago This Aged Well!

Haha I missed this. What was wrong with RhodyVault's tweet? He's stating facts.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Nah, he just always defends the Vault. The M**K family sticks together.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Posted this in the wrong thread a lil buzzed last night...

Was working throughout that game and I just got done rewatching it.

While it's true that we have no idea what to expect out of our Rams...it's evident that they don't give up easy. Things were looking grim, no DG and they said, screw it! Let's go out there and play our pass off! They were dialed in all game long, they made GW uncomfortable and we had them flustered after we came back and took the lead. Top bad their "superior talent" couldn't help them overcome the final 23 point deficit.

It finally happened! Zek returned! He's back! Jaden was a fucking hoss all day long as usual. Dude maybe needs more props. Luis was a crafty bastard. Tyson Brown and Weston are renaissance men.

No one actually played poorly, not even Rory and Dubs. Everybody came in, played their butts off and Zek Montgomery's found their stroke. Zek had to have been hurt and that crushed his comfort level significantly. I mean he was all over the court. Scoring, passing, rebounding and being disruptive defensively.

Excited to see the return of Zek mixed with David Green.

Yay winning!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

One other number I found interesting. 65 points are the fewest we've allowed since game 6, Johnson and Wales and the 3rd fewest all season behind Johnson and Wales and Wagner.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

It was easily our best defensive effort of the season and most complete game. Umass we were fire on offense but they still scored high 70s on us.

IMO how Weston defended Bishop was the game changer. If he gets going they can be tough to defend and he can get unconscious. Weston made everything difficult for him, got into his body and with his size was able to really bother him on his lefty drives to the hoop.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Nah, he just always defends the Vault. The M**K family sticks together.
Let's add "Rhody Vault's brother" to the ever growing list of things that couldn't be further from the truth!

PC fan, can't comprehend posts, and now I'm Rhody Vault's brother. Hilarious.

Enjoy the god damn victory, don't get your panties in a bunch, and stop spewing your bullshit because your feelings are hurt I'm not anti RV like you are.
1 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

This team is so wildly inconsistent. Last night is proof that you never know what type of effort you will get.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

My favorite posts about RV here was when a few people got so butthurt about his tweets that they wanted a LAWYER to get involved to make him take out the "Rhody" part of his name.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x
Go Rhody
rhodyram22
ARD

My favorite posts about RV here was when a few people got so butthurt about his tweets that they wanted a LAWYER to get involved to make him take out the "Rhody" part of his name.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: I've actually come to respect him. He's willing to call out the team and Archie when something isn't right.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I don't know what's going to come first. We land another bid, or I read through a thread where 15 isn't arguing or bickering with someone. It's literally every game thread. Over and over.. Jesus Christ, it's so annoying...

I agree with you Bar, Weston was fantastic on the defensive end. He was the difference because once Cam came in, he got beat immediately on the defensive end... Archie has a tough decision. Does he stick with Weston, who is a better defender, or does he stick with a young, weaker defender but a talented offensive player in Cam? We'll see. He also seems to be favoring Brown over Fuchs recently. Personally, I'd rather lose and keep our two freshmen happy than win somewhat meaningless games. But I trust Archie and his decisions.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago I don't know what's going to come first. We land another bid, or I read through a thread where 15 isn't arguing or bickering with someone. It's literally every game thread. Over and over.. Jesus Christ, it's so annoying...

I agree with you Bar, Weston was fantastic on the defensive end. He was the difference because once Cam came in, he got beat immediately on the defensive end... Archie has a tough decision. Does he stick with Weston, who is a better defender, or does he stick with a young, weaker defender but a talented offensive player in Cam? We'll see. He also seems to be favoring Brown over Fuchs recently. Personally, I'd rather lose and keep our two freshmen happy than win somewhat meaningless games. But I trust Archie and his decisions.
Tell that to Billyboy who got his feelings hurt when I defended RVs tweet.

I was enjoying the victory and posting, bickering at nobody, yet he came at me just for the hell of it saying I was RVs brother.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago I don't know what's going to come first. We land another bid, or I read through a thread where 15 isn't arguing or bickering with someone. It's literally every game thread. Over and over.. Jesus Christ, it's so annoying...

I was enjoying the victory and posting, bickering at nobody, yet he came at me just for the hell of it saying I was RVs brother.
Yeah, but it's you, so, automatically you are not only wrong, but also designated as "instigator."
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I promise you my feeling aren't hurt. Actually it is very enjoyable to expose who you really are. Have you ever heard the old saying, " You doth protest too much"?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

Yeah, but it's you, so, automatically you are not only wrong, but also designated as "instigator."
Ding ding ding.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I promise you my feeling aren't hurt. Actually it is very enjoyable to expose who you really are. Have you ever heard the old saying, " You doth protest too much"?
Oh man, Private Investigator Billyboy has exposed me as RVs brother who is PC fan and can’t read! Guess the jig is up!
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Oh man, Private Investigator Billyboy has exposed me as RVs brother who is PC fan and can’t read! Guess the jig is up!
Yep. :lol:
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Kudos to Brandon Weston and Tyson Brown for their defensive intensity and aggressiveness on the boards. Brown has resurfaced in the rotation and has provided a spark defensively and on the boards. Hopefully this energy rubs off on others.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

He's only favored Brown over Fuchs and Fou for the past two games. Arch just seems to roll will the hot hand (unless it's Fou sometimes lol) so I'm not going to worry about Brown continuing to get a bunch of minutes, because I'm sure he will have games where he struggles again and he won't see the floor. Fuchs and Fou will have good games and overtake him. I do worry a little about Fou though, I hope the short leash works out and he stops doing boneheaded things, because it's clear he has the highest upside. I'll be worried if Fuchs and Fou are going off and he STILL puts Brown in, otherwise I think it's fine. I am excited to see that Mayne Brown isn't a wasted scholarship!

I know we will need all three Saturday and probably all 15 of their fouls.....umm, hey Bilau, inject some stemcells into that knee, we're gonna need at least five more fouls Saturday lol
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

I thought the Rhody defense played much better. Conversely, GW missed A LOT of open shots. Those two things combined led to a good night for Rams Basketball.

Will take a road win any day of the week...even if it is front of <1300 fans. Yikes!
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Bos8 wrote: 2 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago Zek looks like he wants to score. Keep that going boy.
If this game gets him out of his funk, Green being out may be a blessing in disguise. I also thought Weston looked good on both ends.
Catching up on the thread from last night as I missed the first half. I believe it was Jimmy Patsos doing the color, and he made a similar point. He said sometimes a leading scorer/star player being out can work out in the short term as guys will step up. As he said obviously it isn't good in the longer term, especially if the guys like the player and feel like they need him to win, but for a game or two as you pointed out it can allow others to step up and make plays.
It's obviously just one game, but between Green being out and "needing" someone to step up, plus Miller being more aggressive with substituting in deeper bench guys... It felt like something might have "clicked," especially since IIRC, the aggressive substituting happened after the pair of 3s against the zone. It's not like we had a team full of ballhawks out there suddenly, but 8 steals and 5 blocks, and turning GW over 14 times, are all above our season averages. Buchanan still ate us up, and Edwards had a decent game, but Bishop and Hutchinson combined to go 5-for-19 and GW's bench went 2-for-11. Some guys are just going to get their points no matter what, but you can definitely win if half of a team's shot attempts (30 of the 61) are non-optimal.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’m going with A. We land another bid.
4 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Haven't watched the game yet - by oh my what a 2nd half based on the score - can't wait to watch it later.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes it was Patsos who also did our Delaware game

He is decent and knowledgeable about URI
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago

He's only favored Brown over Fuchs and Fou for the past two games. Arch just seems to roll will the hot hand (unless it's Fou sometimes lol) so I'm not going to worry about Brown continuing to get a bunch of minutes, because I'm sure he will have games where he struggles again and he won't see the floor. Fuchs and Fou will have good games and overtake him. I do worry a little about Fou though, I hope the short leash works out and he stops doing boneheaded things, because it's clear he has the highest upside. I'll be worried if Fuchs and Fou are going off and he STILL puts Brown in, otherwise I think it's fine. I am excited to see that Mayne Brown isn't a wasted scholarship!

I know we will need all three Saturday and probably all 15 of their fouls.....umm, hey Bilau, inject some stemcells into that knee, we're gonna need at least five more fouls Saturday lol
Like Weston, I want Fou to have a longer leash. But Brown has been our best defender in the frontcourt and has made many hustle plays that Archie loves. Fou, without question, seems to have the shortest leash when it comes to our frontcourt, but I get it because he plays out of control and can force things on the offensive end. He also gets called for a moving pick almost every game. Little freshman mistakes. We shall see, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if another program promises him a bigger role, and he goes. Especially because Rory is likely gone, and they are close.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Like Weston, I want Fou to have a longer leash. But Brown has been our best defender in the frontcourt and has made many hustle plays that Archie loves. Fou, without question, seems to have the shortest leash when it comes to our frontcourt, but I get it because he plays out of control and can force things on the offensive end. He also gets called for a moving pick almost every game. Little freshman mistakes. We shall see, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if another program promises him a bigger role, and he goes. Especially because Rory is likely gone, and they are close.
Yeah but I think Arch will offer him a bigger role for next season. Not sure how many big time programs would be licking their chops for him. Not sure he's done enough to be coveted by many. They would also see his immaturity. Either way, I doubt he'd get a great NIL offer or anything.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Rim protection is paramount for the packline as is the elite ball pressure applied last night by House. Brown is our best inside defender IMHO.

Last night was the best performance by the packline especially after the first 5 minutes of the game. Looking forward to seeing how the group performs in Amherst.
4 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

reef wrote: 2 months ago

Yes it was Patsos who also did our Delaware game

He is decent and knowledgeable about URI
And better yet, he brought us Poochie!!

(Their voices are eerily similar)
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Yes, tough decision with Weston. I think one way or another Weston needs to get 25 min Ish a game. Best defensive player on team, excellent free throw shooter and very good 3 pt shooter. Maybe he sets the defensive tone of the other players on the floor. ? And don’t forget he still has 2 years of eligibility left. Would hate to lose him to portal because he does not get enough playing time the rest of the season.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Yeah but I think Arch will offer him a bigger role for next season. Not sure how many big time programs would be licking their chops for him. Not sure he's done enough to be coveted by many. They would also see his immaturity. Either way, I doubt he'd get a great NIL offer or anything.
Who guards Cross this weekend? Weston?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

McRam wrote: 2 months ago

Yes, tough decision with Weston. I think one way or another Weston needs to get 25 min Ish a game. Best defensive player on team, excellent free throw shooter and very good 3 pt shooter. Maybe he sets the defensive tone of the other players on the floor. ? And don’t forget he still has 2 years of eligibility left. Would hate to lose him to portal because he does not get enough playing time the rest of the season.
Yeah he needs consistent run , he makes the right play more often than not and he hits FTS

I like him off bench but for 20 minutes 6th or 7th man
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Green if he’s healthy. That’s gonna be a tough cover.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Yeah it's gotta be Green on Cross if he's fine by Saturday. Should he a decent chance he's good to go by then.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 2 months ago
Green if he’s healthy. That’s gonna be a tough cover.
Great call BAR , can we keep DG out of foul trouble !
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

The packline guards everyone what are we talking about? Have we got intel that Miller is preparing a new defense to cover Cross?

Good online discussion of PackLine defense.

0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Well, that helps the basic understanding of the goals and principles of the defense. Are we actually plying it? I also like how packline does have its weaknesses. It does seem to me that takes heady players to execute effectively and real time read and react to the offensive flow. Seems it all starts with max pressure on the ball. It was also interesting to hear the necessity to be “in stance” when in the pack off the ball. Thanks for posting Coach.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago Well, that helps the basic understanding of the goals and principles of the defense. Are we actually plying it? I also like how packline does have its weaknesses. It does seem to me that takes heady players to execute effectively and real time read and react to the offensive flow. Seems it all starts with max pressure on the ball. It was also interesting to hear the necessity to be “in stance” when in the pack off the ball. Thanks for posting Coach.
Thx 105, I posted a separate thread so hopefully KB members will see it vs buried in a game thread.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Does any team play the Pack Line besides URI and Virginia?
Has any other school played it in the past besides Indiana and Dayton when Miller was there?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 months ago Does any team play the Pack Line besides URI and Virginia?
Has any other school played it in the past besides Indiana and Dayton when Miller was there?
Sean Miller
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 months ago Does any team play the Pack Line besides URI and Virginia?
Sean Miller
Sean plays it now at Xavier?
0 x